PDA

View Full Version : NBA official suspended for gesture, language - Yahoo Sports

V2M
01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
NBA official suspended for gesture, language
January 12, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- NBA official Rodney Mott was suspended three games without pay Friday for making an obscene gesture toward a fan and also using inappropriate language.

Mott made the gesture and remarks after the Portland Trail Blazers' 93-90 loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night in Portland.

The 49-year-old Mott is in his ninth season as an NBA official.

MavKikiNYC
01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Too little, too late.

Windmill360
01-12-2007, 10:52 PM
probably because of this: http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=1889

Silk Smoov
01-12-2007, 11:21 PM
probably because of this: http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=1889

No way he got suspended for that play..Thats the kind of call that they get "BONUSES" on :p

It is a shame that the refs are doing this, because in all fairness to Wade. Wade is a great player and a great person as well. All the gripe against him is not fair in my mind. I fault the refs for all the Wade Hate...

Hopefully Ronnie Nunn will wake up and do something about this situation because it is going to get out of hand, and Wade is not only going to take a hit in the media, but on the floor as well. Same thing happened to MJ on the floor until the Pistons ended all that and forced the refs to call correct fouls.

dude1394
01-12-2007, 11:30 PM
I think it was because of that. Because he didn't call it a shooting foul, he's GOT to get with the program.

V2M
01-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I think it was because of that. Because he didn't call it a shooting foul, he's GOT to get with the program.

You're almost right... actually league thought it should have been a flagrant foul!

big_pth
01-13-2007, 12:45 PM
did anyone send that to Cuban?

Silk Smoov
01-13-2007, 12:51 PM
did anyone send that to Cuban?

No need. That call was very accurate in the eyes of the refs. If that ref had not called it that way, he for sure would have been suspended. Maybe the rest of the year :p

It is a sad day in the NBA when the game has gotten to this point. I guess they traded the so called quick technicals for more fouls being called for guarding Wade too closely.

But in all fairness, this has nothing to do with Wade the player or person. He did not ask for this, nor should we smash him for that. Lets smash Ronnie Nunn, because he is the Director of Operations for Officials. This is his doings. He could stop these calls in a heartbeat, but he does not. So that means he supports those calls.

dude1394
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
No need. That call was very accurate in the eyes of the refs. If that ref had not called it that way, he for sure would have been suspended. Maybe the rest of the year :p

It is a sad day in the NBA when the game has gotten to this point. I guess they traded the so called quick technicals for more fouls being called for guarding Wade too closely.

But in all fairness, this has nothing to do with Wade the player or person. He did not ask for this, nor should we smash him for that. Lets smash Ronnie Nunn, because he is the Director of Operations for Officials. This is his doings. He could stop these calls in a heartbeat, but he does not. So that means he supports those calls.

He's diane wade..and he get bashed for the rest of his despicable career by mavs fans. Also I cannot stand his all too obvious flopping.

Did he have another one of these last night where he got a phantom foul on the spin move? Or was it just a highlight basket?

Dirkadirkastan
01-13-2007, 02:49 PM
I want to shake the hand of the fan that got on the official's nerves.

fluid.forty.one
01-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Dwhistle strikes again.

Windmill360
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Just get refs from overseas to officiate playoff games.

Silk Smoov
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
He's diane wade..and he get bashed for the rest of his despicable career by mavs fans. Also I cannot stand his all too obvious flopping.

Did he have another one of these last night where he got a phantom foul on the spin move? Or was it just a highlight basket?

Yeah, he does flop, but it is working like a charm, so why stop :p

The Queens used to be the master of this, but then came Ginobili, and now Wade has taken it to the newest height, but doing it on offense. I fault the league on this. How is it that everyone and there daddy can see these flops, but the professional trained ref can't?

It is simple. This is a call from the head NBA office. They control how a game is called or how a game is called on a player. To better prove this case, try watching NBA TV channel. The head of the officials Ronnie Nunn has a segment on a weekly basis on plays being called.

Not once have a Wade call being the showcase. WHY???? Since, so many of these bad calls being made, this would clearly send a signal to Ronnie Nunn to stop this madness. Has Ronnie stopped it? NOPE!!! Why?? Because Stern said so...Wade causing the problem or NBA causing the problem? NBA is causing the problem!!!

If Wade was causing the problems with his play, the NBA would correct this ASAP, For instance, Artest/Rasheed causes problems in the past, what happened? They got fined and suspended many times..

WurzburgBorn
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, he does flop, but it is working like a charm, so why stop :p

The Queens used to be the master of this, but then came Ginobili, and now Wade has taken it to the newest height, but doing it on offense. I fault the league on this. How is it that everyone and there daddy can see these flops, but the professional trained ref can't?

It is simple. This is a call from the head NBA office. They control how a game is called or how a game is called on a player. To better prove this case, try watching NBA TV channel. The head of the officials Ronnie Nunn has a segment on a weekly basis on plays being called.

Not once have a Wade call being the showcase. WHY???? Since, so many of these bad calls being made, this would clearly send a signal to Ronnie Nunn to stop this madness. Has Ronnie stopped it? NOPE!!! Why?? Because Stern said so...Wade causing the problem or NBA causing the problem? NBA is causing the problem!!!

If Wade was causing the problems with his play, the NBA would correct this ASAP, For instance, Artest/Rasheed causes problems in the past, what happened? They got fined and suspended many times..

Excellent post. Stern is an a$$hole.

Usually Lurkin
01-15-2007, 05:34 PM
didn't Wade tell everybody he'd fall down 7 times and get up 8? Didn't they make a commercial out of it, and turn it into the slogan for the '06 finals? Say what you will, but the dude is honest. He sat there and told everybody that he built his game around falling down. Can he help it if he's so marketable?

by the way there's anarticle on D-Flop posted in the "other sports" section that's probably worth reading: http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28388