PDA

View Full Version : Spurs lose...again!

raefformvp
01-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Spurs just lost to the Bulls. Man, did they look old! Now they are 4 games back. Gotta love it!

Flacolaco
01-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I just noticed this too. Stupid MLK day is throwing me off. (I have to work a normal day. damnit )

Thanks Chicago. You're real pals.

mary
01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Woohoo!

TripleDipping
01-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Tony Parker had an off day and no bench player showed up, as usual.

Dr.Zoidberg
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Great for the Mavs. Despite Duncan and Bowen, nobody rebounded the ball. They had an atrocious defense, especially for a championship contender, took too many jumpers and they didnīt hit the freethrows. Popovich must be furious about it. I canīt wait to see Mavs play against them again.

HexNBA
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Go Bulls!

dirt_dobber
01-15-2007, 04:44 PM
The Bulls played without Chris Duhon and Ben Wallace. Duhon was suspended for one game for missing practice on Sunday and Wallace missed his second straight game because of a sore back.

EricaLubarsky
01-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Tony Parker had an off day and no bench player showed up, as usual.
blow my mind. San Antonio has a bench?

Anyway, Spurs are a step back this year. Suns are our new competition.

Windmill360
01-15-2007, 05:05 PM
yay!

fluid.forty.one
01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd rather the Suns lose

Big Shot Rob
01-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Folks--

Hate to break the news to you...

San Antonio is NOT your chief competition this year--may not be again for years to come...

nashtymavsfan13
01-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Nice to see them lose again :)

rmacomic
01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Folks--

San Antonio is NOT your chief competition this year--may not be again for years to come...
Makes the gloating all the more fun;)

Five-ofan
01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
You know the spurs still have time to tank the season in an attempt to get another franchise big man...

rakesh.s
01-15-2007, 08:24 PM
i am cautiously optimistic about this season..and i am still concerned about the spurs, because the mavs can never get any separation whenever they play.

raefformvp
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
i am cautiously optimistic about this season..and i am still concerned about the spurs, because the mavs can never get any separation whenever they play.

I'd say for mid-January 4 games separation isn't too shabby. usually around this time of year we are looking up to see them above us in the standings. I'm happy with the way things are going. we have a tough little stretch here, so hopefully we can keep at least 3-4 games between us.

rakesh.s
01-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I'd say for mid-January 4 games separation isn't too shabby. usually around this time of year we are looking up to see them above us in the standings. I'm happy with the way things are going. we have a tough little stretch here, so hopefully we can keep at least 3-4 games between us.

sorry, i mean to say that we don't get any separation when we play against them..that is, the games are always close and come down to the last second. The nail biter finishes are always troubling.

mkat
01-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Folks--

dammit. right when we get good, you go and fall apart on us!

TripleDipping
01-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Some serious Fin hating going on in the Spurs forums.

I love it.

capitalcity
01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Who are these Spurs everyone keeps talking about?

shaw-xx
01-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Nice but right now I want to see the Suns lose more than anything!

Steve13
01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
We should be all be more focused on the Suns than the Spurs. The Suns are the team neck and neck with us in the standings.

Flacolaco
01-16-2007, 11:13 AM
So Im pretty much the only one who think that the Suns (who the Mavs have beat twice already this season) and their stupid-circus-no-defense style of basketball are every bit as beatable as they were last season, and that San Antonio and their playoff proven style of basketball are still scarier?

Steve13
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM
So Im pretty much the only one who think that the Suns (who the Mavs have beat twice already this season) and their stupid-circus-no-defense style of basketball are every bit as beatable as they were last season, and that San Antonio and their playoff proven style of basketball are still scarier?

Even If that is true, the Suns are a bigger threat to the Mavs in terms of getting that overall 1st seed. Suns will win more games than the Spurs this season purely on the way they play. Many teams have no answer for their style. Spurs are a halfcourt wait and see type team. With how old their players are, they won't be going all out. Just do enough to put themselves in a good position come playoff time.

jacktruth
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
The spurs will probably take a few years off of being a top notch team and rebuild thier roster (though a good team, still). I anticipate them moving Ginobili next year for a younger player+. I think he's about to start deteriorating. They will get some eastern conference team to bite. I also expect them to pursue Jermaine Oneal in vain. Duncan will be back in a position to win a title at the age of 34.

dirno2000
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I anticipate them moving Ginobili next year for a younger player+. I think he's about to start deteriorating.

...plus he's balding...

raefformvp
01-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Who are these Spurs everyone keeps talking about?

hahaha! I tried to give you rep but was not allowed to do so. :( love this post tho! :)

mqywaaah
01-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Chicago must be so... IncrediBull! :D

Silk Smoov
01-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Folks--

That is not a news break message ;) We all have moved over to the Suns for our best competition. If Yao/T-Mac are healthy, they are to me our 2nd biggest threat.

SA has to take a step back to get better. That got older overnight, and now it is clear that one of the big 3 has to go. Duncan and Parker is not an option, so Ginobili and has left sided play has to go. The NBA caught up to that left hand, and Ginobili has not adjusted.

The NBA adjusts to most players, and it is up to the player to take the next step to get better. I remember when all you had to do to Dirk was to rough him up, but now that does not work. To me, Ginobili was a fluke to the league with ZERO right hand.