PDA

View Full Version : 17

Murphy3
01-15-2007, 09:00 PM
What's that? It's AK47's high in points in a game this season. I know the team is infinitely more talented than it had been in the past at times, but what has happened to his scoring? Heck, his rebounding is down significantly as well...

AxdemxO
01-16-2007, 01:57 AM
I think withe the other 2 bigs there who can do the same things he does when it comes to scoring and rebounding, he is just trying to go along and play D and maybe score here and there. I notice his numbers this year, but i still think he has the ability to put up numbers like before, its just that he doesnt get a chance to.

Five-ofan
01-16-2007, 02:19 AM
hes been playin hurt for a large portion of this year and honestly he just doesnt look like hes trying. You know how sometimes when damp doesnt get the ball it just looks like he doesnt care? Well Ak looks the same way. The jazz have turned a very very good basketball player that was a below average shooter into just a below average spot up shooter.

BTW the jazz are 12-13 in the last 25

AxdemxO
01-16-2007, 02:33 AM
The Jazz mite be playing OK now, but for them to make it anywhere in the playoffs..he will have to be involved..I still think that he is their most talented guy on the team and def. most versitile

ocelot_ark
01-16-2007, 02:52 AM
I sure do wish he'd turn it on. i took him with my freakin' number 2 pick in the fantasy league.

WayOutWest
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I sure do wish he'd turn it on. i took him with my freakin' number 2 pick in the fantasy league.

#2 overall? WOW, most leagues had LeBron, Marion, KG, Dirk, TD, Bryant, Brand, AI, Yao and Wade going ahead of AK for sure. I think he went #9 in our league. I know he's capable of top 10 fantasy, I've seen him go on runs where he was top 3 because of his defensive abilities but I don't know if I would have taken him that high but I can see the logic behind picking such a well rounded player that high.

jthig32
01-16-2007, 10:31 AM
#2 overall? WOW, most leagues had LeBron, Marion, KG, Dirk, TD, Bryant, Brand, AI, Yao and Wade going ahead of AK for sure. I think he went #9 in our league. I know he's capable of top 10 fantasy, I've seen him go on runs where he was top 3 because of his defensive abilities but I don't know if I would have taken him that high but I can see the logic behind picking such a well rounded player that high.

No, he meant his second round pick.

kriD
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Jazz owner wants fewer complaints, better play from Kirilenko

Updated 1/19/2007 2:16 PM ET

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Jazz owner Larry Miller said Andrei Kirilenko, his highest-paid player, is "putting himself on thin ice" with inconsistent play and complaints about his role on the team.

Miller said he cringes during some of Kirilenko's jump shots.

"I'd almost like to call his bluff, say 'OK, automatically we're going to leave you out there. You're going to take 20 shots a night five games in a row. And then we'll see,' " Miller told radio station 1280 AM.

"That would resolve the issue," Miller said Thursday. "He's either going to make them or he's not."

After a meeting with coaches Tuesday, Kirilenko said he sometimes doesn't feel like he's on the floor.

"I just go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth and I go to sleep," he said.

Miller didn't like it.

"I would have to say he's putting himself on thin ice," the owner told the radio station. "The combination of not playing very well and shooting his mouth off — that's not a good combination."

But Kirilenko sounded positive after nine points and seven rebounds Wednesday against the Detroit Pistons. He's averaging 9.1 points per game.

"I feel I'm much more in game now," he said. "I hope it goes on for few games now."

nashtymavsfan13
01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Andrei Kirilenko is "putting himself on thin ice" with inconsistent play and complaints about his role on the team. "The combination of not playing very well and shooting his mouth off that's not a good combination."

Another reason we are so very blessed to have Dirk, you never hear this type of stuff coming from him. I think AK could actually be traded if he continues this. He really needs to get his act together.

aexchange
01-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Jazz owner wants fewer complaints, better play from Kirilenko

Updated 1/19/2007 2:16 PM ET

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Utah Jazz owner Larry Miller said Andrei Kirilenko, his highest-paid player, is "putting himself on thin ice" with inconsistent play and complaints about his role on the team.

Miller said he cringes during some of Kirilenko's jump shots.

"I'd almost like to call his bluff, say 'OK, automatically we're going to leave you out there. You're going to take 20 shots a night five games in a row. And then we'll see,' " Miller told radio station 1280 AM.

"That would resolve the issue," Miller said Thursday. "He's either going to make them or he's not."

After a meeting with coaches Tuesday, Kirilenko said he sometimes doesn't feel like he's on the floor.

"I just go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth and I go to sleep," he said.

Miller didn't like it.

"I would have to say he's putting himself on thin ice," the owner told the radio station. "The combination of not playing very well and shooting his mouth off that's not a good combination."

But Kirilenko sounded positive after nine points and seven rebounds Wednesday against the Detroit Pistons. He's averaging 9.1 points per game.

"I feel I'm much more in game now," he said. "I hope it goes on for few games now."

i think the jazz owner is more obnoxious than cuban.

Murphy3
01-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Let's be honest here. AK's a good guy.. he's white. This situation is probably not his fault. Surely it's the fault of the darker skinned Carlos Boozer.

birdsanctuary
01-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Right now... Jho > AK47

Bye bye Utah...

Windmill360
01-21-2007, 06:07 AM
AK-47: "For The Last Time, I'm Not Dolph Lundgren"

By Buster Gunning

Apparently, Utah Jazz small forward Andrei Kirilenko is fed-up.

“Nyet! Nyet! I am not Dolph Lundgren!” Kirilenko said on Friday.

Whenever he is out in public, someone yells “Hey Dolph! I loved you in Masters of the Universe.”

Kirilenko is the first to admit that Mr. Lundgren portrayed a very convincing He-Man in the 1987 film classic, but he feels that his on-court achievements deserve their own recognition.

“Da, it was flattering at first,” Kirilenko revealed when I first asked him about the mix-up. “Russians love Dolph. I am Russian, so I of course love him very much too.

"When he said ‘I must break you’ in Rocky IV, I really thought he was actually really going to! Very convincing; and how did Rocky win that fight, honestly. Everyone in Russia still thinks it was a total fix.”

Kirilenko continued to rant about Balboa’s unlikely victory, and how there should be a rematch, and that it would have been impossible for Rocky to run to the top of that mountain so fast. It became clear to me that the only reason Kirilenko is distraught about being confused with Dolph is because he lost the fight. Had Dolph been victorious, it’s pretty safe to say that Kirilenko would be autographing the foreheads of infant babies posing as Mr. Lundgren. Going to photo shoots shirtless and wearing red boxing shorts.

“Nyet! Nyet! Russians love Dolph way more than the Germans love Hasselhoff!” Kirilenko assured me. “Can you believe Hasselhoff wore that piano scarf when he sang in front of all the Germans? Dolph would never do that, he isn’t a nerd.”

http://i.1asphost.com/RockyFan/lundgrenTHEN.JPG

Nyet! Nyet! ROFL

I will break you...

TheBlueVan
01-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Dolph could probably score more points than AK47 right now

nashtymavsfan13
01-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Dolph could probably score more points than AK47 right now

Lol, pwned :D