PDA

View Full Version : Wade glares at refs while walking off court

RePLAY
01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Did you guys see that? It was priceless. How ironnic that when the refs didnt call every touch foul in the 2nd half, he couldnt do squat. He still shot i think 13 ft compared to Kobes 1 ft.

Anyone overhear the ref's conversation in halftime:

Ref #1: "Did you see Wade yell at me. He doesn't appreciate us anymore."
Ref #2: "What an ungreatful prick! After all the love we've been giving him."
Ref #3: "I hate giving love and not getting anything back in return. Not even a thank you note or a box of chocolates."
Ref #1: "im breaking up with him. I think he is cheating on us with David Stern."

mqywaaah
01-16-2007, 12:17 PM
LMAO :)

He really glared at the Refs while walking out?
Hey as soon as anyone sees a video of this incident please make sure to post the link along with this thread, that would be a priceless moment seeing Wade b*tchin' out like that. LOL :D

Big Shot Rob
01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Please post that!

The NBA engaged in a conspiracy last year to anoint this kid as the new face of the NBA by having the most lop-sided, most horrific series of calls in favor of Wade and the Heat--phantom calls which propped the Heat against the Mavs.

I do not know how you guys deal with the anger.

I honestly do not.

MavKikiNYC
01-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Please post that!

The NBA engaged in a conspiracy last year to anoint this kid as the new face of the NBA by having the most lop-sided, most horrific series of calls in favor of Wade and the Heat--phantom calls which propped the Heat against the Mavs.

I do not know how you guys deal with the anger.

I honestly do not.

People deal with the anger by acknowleding that, while yes there almost certainly was some kind of league policy in play to market Wade to the max, the bottom line is the Mavericks didn't rise to the full extent of the challenge(s) they were faced with, even though they certainly seemed to appear capable of doing so.

This is not new with the NBA though. People used to believe that the NBA similalrly marketed Larry Bird in an effort to appeal to a different demographic; then Michael Jordan (God only knows the corrupt lengths the league went to to market and protect Jordan's image); then Kobe and Shaq; now Lebron and Wade.

If the Mavericks get a second shot, here's hoping they (from Cuban to Barea) have a better internal understanding of what they face, and how to counter it effectively.

RePLAY
01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Steve Kerr called Wade out during the game. The fans in LA were going crazy b4 the half. Lakers players were falling on the ground without any fouls, so Kerr said, "the LA fans are getting anxious. None of thier players are getting any calls while Wade is geting calls from touch fouls."

Wade shot 9 ft in the first half alone. He shot more ft than the Lakers team combined. I couldnt believe that he didnt get calls in the second half. Im almost positive that there was a phone call to the refs in halftime of that game.

Nevertheless...its great to see Kobe lock down Wade. Im not the biggest Kobe fan out there, but i like how he takes the challenge in guarding the best player on the other team. Its just good basketball.

Big Shot Rob
01-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Where was that damned phone call during the NBA FINALS!!

This is sheer madness.

Usually Lurkin
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Where was that damned phone call during the NBA FINALS!!

This is sheer madness.
The phone call was made after game 2

bernardos70
01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
You could just write that joke on a deposit slip cause that sh*t is money in the bank.

dirno2000
01-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Kobe did a nice job on Wade. I thought maybe he'd lose a step defensively with the extra weight but obviously not.

Certain players are able to intimidate the refs and you had two of the best going at it last night. Early in the 3rd Kobe got a strip on Wade and was called for a foul. He took a tech but stayed in the refs ear for the next two or three minutes and from then on they let him play defense.

RePLAY
01-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Maybe Wade forgot to mail this month's payment.

EricaLubarsky
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
I saw that last night and I thought it was the single funniest thing I had seen on the NBA since Avery grabbed Howard's jewels.

I thought it was great to right after his self-promoting ad where he gives a 30k+ car to his coach and basketballs to all the kids. All hail the face of the NBA!

mqywaaah
01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Wade symbolizes the NBA? Whoa.. Im swtiching to ballet.