PDA

View Full Version : What if the Lakers get Kidd...

TexasSportsFan4
01-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Theres rumors that Jason Kidd may be traded and the Lakers are one of the front runners. Do you guys think the Lakers would become a serious title contender if that were to happen?

Personally, I'd say no. It would no doubt make them a better team but I just don't think they would still have what it takes to win a title, especially being in the west.

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 10:47 AM
they are a threat now. upgrading from smush parker to kidd would make them extremely scary depending on what they give up.

TripleDipping
01-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Adding Kidd would make the Lakers very good. But who does Lakers have to trade for?

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Adding Kidd would make the Lakers very good. But who does Lakers have to trade for?
bynum is where it starts and ends would be my guess.

dalmations202
01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Lakers with Kidd are still not that scary.

They could score for sure, but they can't defend the bigs. It would bite them in the backside come play-off time.

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
kwame brown is an extremely underrated defender. Hes very good one on one.

A 1-2-3 of Kidd-kobe-odom is darn scary. Actually i would move walton to the 3 and start odom at the 4.

Kidd
Kobe
walton
Odom
Brown

i guarantee you that lineup beats the suns.

WayOutWest
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Kidd would not be a difference maker for the Lakers. The PG position in the triangle is not very important. While Kidd would improve the triagnle but he would be extreemly underutilized.

Kidd would definately help on defense but as the another posted stated, the Lakers problems have alot to do with their front court offense and defense.

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Kidd would not be a difference maker for the Lakers. The PG position in the triangle is not very important. While Kidd would improve the triagnle but he would be extreemly underutilized.

Kidd would definately help on defense but as the another posted stated, the Lakers problems have alot to do with their front court offense and defense.
thats a fair point, i didnt think about them running the triangle. Any chance phil would junk the triangle if they got kidd?

Drbio
01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Kidd would upgrade the Fakers a level....which is still several below Dallas.

dirno2000
01-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Kidd makes ~$18MM so they'd have to give up Odom to make the salaries work. No way NJ is getting Bynum so they'd have to settle for maybe Odom, Farmar and filler.

I don't think that's a good deal for the Lakers. They'll be very tough when Odom gets back as it is.

Plus Kidd probably only has a couple of good years left. He wouldn't make the the favorite immediatly so what's the point?

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Kidd makes ~$18MM so they'd have to give up Odom to make the salaries work. No way NJ is getting Bynum so they'd have to settle for maybe Odom, Farmar and filler.

I don't think that's a good deal for the Lakers. They'll be very tough when Odom gets back as it is.

Plus Kidd probably only has a couple of good years left. He wouldn't make the the favorite immediatly so what's the point?
honestly i wouldnt do odom straight up for kidd if i was them...

dirno2000
01-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Neither would I. Odom was playing really well before he wend down.

RePLAY
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Kidd would definately be an upgrade. It just cant happen cuz of the salary. BTW, any of you who thinks the Lakers arnt a threat now without thier starting center and PF is in denial. There's a big difference between better than us and a threat to us. They are not better than us but definatley a threat to anyone in the playoffs.

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 12:47 PM
chad ford just said we are the best fit for kidd. I dont see it but what would we give up? Croshere stack and ager? I dont think cuban wants to take that kind of financial hit but would you do that? I dont see the fit on this team to be honest.

Dirkenstien
01-18-2007, 01:23 PM
chad ford just said we are the best fit for kidd. I dont see it but what would we give up? Croshere stack and ager? I dont think cuban wants to take that kind of financial hit but would you do that? I dont see the fit on this team to be honest.

I'm not high on including Ager in that deal but if that's what it took to get the deal done then I would definitely do it. He's 34 now so he probably has another 3 more years of really good basketball left. The thing I like best about him though is his strength on both ends of the court and his defense.

I'm salivating just thinking about it/

Damp/Diop/Benga
Dirk/George/Pops
Howard/ George
Terry/ Buckner
Kidd/ Harris/ Johnson

In crunch time situations we could put Kidd and Buckner out on the court to really put on the clamps.

Five-ofan
01-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm not high on including Ager in that deal but if that's what it took to get the deal done then I would definitely do it. He's 34 now so he probably has another 3 more years of really good basketball left. The thing I like best about him though is his strength on both ends of the court and his defense.

I'm salivating just thinking about it/

Damp/Diop/Benga
Dirk/George/Pops
Howard/ George
Terry/ Buckner
Kidd/ Harris/ Johnson

In crunch time situations we could put Kidd and Buckner out on the court to really put on the clamps.
to be honest im not a fan of kidd and i dont think he would help as much as you think but if cuban was willing to spend the money i dont see how you dont do it. this makes us one ridiculously expensive team though.

Murphy3
01-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Kidd's overrated.

bernardos70
01-18-2007, 03:36 PM
The only Kidd the Lakers are likely to get is Joumana Kidd

AxdemxO
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
No way they give up Odom for Kidd that would be crazy....Lakers are not going anywhere without Odom..theyll make it to the playoffs but if hes not there thats it.

Steve13
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, If they add Kidd they will be considered a contender. I would actually put them on par with the Spurs. Defense would be the main problem for them.

fluid.forty.one
01-18-2007, 03:40 PM
thats a fair point, i didnt think about them running the triangle. Any chance phil would junk the triangle if they got kidd?

No way Jose.

spreedom
01-19-2007, 12:34 AM
The Lakers are white hot right now... why would they roll the dice on such a huge trade? I honestly don't even think they need a great PG to run their offense... Kobe is a great passer (and this year, a WILLING passer) and as it's already been said.. the triangle don't need no point guard.