PDA

View Full Version : New Nike Ad

samoan-maverickII
01-22-2007, 07:03 AM
I saw this yesterday and the commercial was cool and all but one thing missing... DIRK. Nash, Kobe, Parker, Pierce, Amare, Marion, J.O., Lebron, Paul, and Rasheed were the ten displayed in this ad but Dirk could have easily replaced Seven of the Ten players on this commercial. No disrespect to the other seven. But once again no love for Dirk. Who the hell is Dirk's agent anyway? This commercial was definitely a counter for the great (IMO) adidas commercials with the "It takes 5" slogan but The soon to be 2007 league MVP and Finals MVP should get a little more consideration than that. PG Nash, SG Bryant, SF Lebron, PF Dirk, C Amare would be a killer clash off against PG Billups, SG Arenas, SF, McGrady, PF Garnett, C Duncan.

shaw-xx
01-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah they forgot Dirk but I'll quote from a Mavs fan, "Dirk was in da gym, workin out for da ring." :)

dude1394
01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Imo the "it takes 5" commercials calling folks "fools" may be one of the dumbest ad campaigns I've ever seen. Why anyone would look at the screen and call it's customers fools is beyond me. I know they don't actually call folks fools but the whole conversations bugs me no end.

Grammaton Cleric
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Imo the "it takes 5" commercials calling folks "fools" may be one of the dumbest ad campaigns I've ever seen. Why anyone would look at the screen and call it's customers fools is beyond me. I know they don't actually call folks fools but the whole conversations bugs me no end.

Me too. The worst ad campaign in the history of sports apparel...which isn't exactly saying much.

As far as the Dirk snub, doesn't he have a deal with Adidas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw that he does have a shoe deal with Nike. Why the hell would they include Rasheed Wallace in this group instead of Dirk?

sike
01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
especially with a player as selfish as agent 0 on there...

sike
01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't care about Dirk's commercial play...

dirno2000
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM

They're saying "you were fooled" not "you're a fool". At least that's the way I hear it.

Windmill360
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
He says "But you're not a fool, right?" in question to him being a team player........ HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Grammaton Cleric
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
They're saying "you were fooled" not "you're a fool". At least that's the way I hear it.

It doesn't matter. It's not necessarily insulting, just D-U-M-B.

I mute the TV everytime these ads come on - which is OFTEN.

WurzburgBorn
01-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I still maintain that BMW should run ads about German engineering, featuring Dirk trying to fit into a Z4.

dude1394
01-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Putting "you" and "fool" in the same sentence when speaking to customers is "foolish".

TheBlueVan
01-22-2007, 09:26 PM
those commercials are stupid, and any basketball fan knows theyre untrue as well. they should say "when i said i did something for the team, you were fooled. when i said i wasnt all about the money, you were fooled again"

nashtymavsfan13
01-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Me too. The worst ad campaign in the history of sports apparel...which isn't exactly saying much.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw that he does have a shoe deal with Nike. Why the hell would they include Rasheed Wallace in this group instead of Dirk?

Linkage to the shoes?

antoinewalker
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Linkage to the shoes?

dirk doesn't have his own signature shoe but he always wears nike shoes.

bernardos70
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
About German cars: wasn't Dirk featured in a mini cooper ad? Mini is owned by BMW...... I know someone here has a sig with Dirk next to a Mini Cooper.

mffl03
01-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I've heard Dirk has endorsements over seas........My friend said that she saw him in a commercial recently, but I've never seen it, and I watch every game (well, 90% this season).

He told The Ticket's "Bad Radio" that when he was growing up, he found it quite odd that his hero Boris Becker was endorsing everything under the sun. He said it would be like a new product every commercial break; from cameras, to shoes, to clothes, to sunglasses. He just didn't think it was right......I think on the show he vowed to never let that happen if were ever to become famous.

I think the two that got the most play were the one comparing him to an eagle about 2 years back; the one where he is trying to call the MVP trophy; and the Visa? or Mastercard commercial with the whole team.

Silk Smoov
01-25-2007, 01:44 AM

If Dirk's schedule allowed him to be there he would have been in there with them. Blame Dirk's management for not making him available for the shooting of that.

By no way did they snub Dirk. Dirk kinda snubbed them by not coming. Either way, Nike has much respect for Dirk and the NBA to snub a player like Dirk.

nashtymavsfan13
01-25-2007, 01:49 AM
dirk doesn't have his own signature shoe but he always wears nike shoes.

Oh, I see. That's too bad, I'd love some Dirk shoes.

WurzburgBorn
01-25-2007, 01:58 AM
About German cars: wasn't Dirk featured in a mini cooper ad? Mini is owned by BMW...... I know someone here has a sig with Dirk next to a Mini Cooper.

I missed that. If anybody's got it, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Usually Lurkin
01-25-2007, 07:44 AM
If Dirk's schedule allowed him to be there he would have been in there with them. Blame Dirk's management for not making him available for the shooting of that.

By no way did they snub Dirk. Dirk kinda snubbed them by not coming. Either way, Nike has much respect for Dirk and the NBA to snub a player like Dirk.
how do you know?

GermanFan
01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
I missed that. If anybody's got it, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

http://www.auto-reporter.net/artikel.las?katsearch=4&subkatsearch=543&subsubkatsearch=&artikel=6368

Here you go