01-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Looking good so far, Denver up 38-18 after the 1st

Iverson: 4/7 11 points
Melo: 2/6 6 points
Rest of team: 9/16 21 points
Team assists: 11

TripleDipping
01-22-2007, 09:55 PM
They're playing the Grizzlies. I'll curb my enthusiasm for now.

nashtymavsfan13
01-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Still, they appear to be coexisting pretty well at least today.

dude1394
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Couldn't have come back against a better team.

TheBlueVan
01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
the grizzlies have fallen so hard to fast, its a good reminder of how our organization made the right choices to keep us moving up

Tokey41
01-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah remember when they were the leagues best defense? Oh wait... wasn't that last year? Falling hard and fast indeed.

FINtastic
01-23-2007, 01:19 AM
I know he's not supposed to be getting the attention, but Marcus Camby is playing some damn fine basketball right now. 17 points, 17 rebounds, and 3 blocks tonight.

Steve13
01-23-2007, 09:22 AM
If my vote mattered I would certainly have Camby replacing Yao as starter for the all-star game. His numbers are un-real.

Flacolaco
01-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I think the Nuggets will be useful for going 6 or 7 games with somebody that we'll meet later in the playoffs, and softening them up some for us

Murphy3
01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
.... It's one game. Anyone can co-exist for a few games.. well, except maybe Artest.

TheBlueVan
01-23-2007, 11:37 PM
looks like they might be havin trouble tonight

StackAttack
01-24-2007, 07:59 AM
About what I thought. Melo continues to be the man in Denver while AI's scoring is down and his assist numbers are up. This could be a very successful tandem.

dirt_dobber
01-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Lincicome: Butch and Sundance? Hold on
Rockymountainnews.com Bernie Lincicome

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_5301127,00.html

January 24, 2007
Reality is for suckers, or at least for connoisseurs, which is to say that believing that Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony are the new Pippen and Jordan, the next Shaq and Kobe/Wade, is available for dreamers.

And what does it hurt, since time and deeds will sort it all out? History is never written before it is over, the odd aircraft carrier banner not withstanding.

We shall know soon enough, and before Nuggets fans get chased back into lethargy, imagination is off the leash.

Think this for starters, that Iverson made the NBA Finals when the next-best player on his team was Theo Ratliff, and no one ever linked those two as the soul mates Anthony and Iverson are agreeing they are.

Think not that Iverson has also played on teams with such notables as Jerry Stackhouse, Derrick Coleman, Glenn Robinson and Chris Webber and missed the playoffs altogether.

He has also played alongside Matt Geiger, Speedy Claxton and Andre Iguodala, with the same results.

Iverson himself proclaims the Nuggets to be the most talented team he has ever been on, not that he wouldn't know, so that puts these Nuggets in front of the 2004 U.S. Olympic team that included Tim Duncan, LeBron James and Anthony himself.

It all went so well on reopening night Monday that no notion is too far-fetched, no forecast too optimistic.

There is that slight little devil Iverson, faster than ever, darting down the lane, reversing himself, flicking the ball over giants, banking it in, swishing it through, laying it off.

Here comes Anthony. Up he goes. Iverson underhands the perfect pass above the rim and - slam!

Well, we've seen that already - yo and yo, or yin and yang, however that goes - the perfect pair, as fitted as bedsheets, as matched as kid gloves.

Think not that one basketball is not enough. One is all there is.

Divide the shots and there are more than enough, say the usual 80 to 85 a game for everyone - that leaves 25 for each, with plenty left over. In their best years, when Michael Jordan was the shooter and Scottie Pippen was the option, Jordan took eight more shots a game than Pippen and there was still John Paxson to hit the winning shot.

In the years they started together, Jordan shot 23 times a game to Pippen's 15, while Iverson has been averaging 23 a game in his career and Anthony, even as the go-to guy, only 19.

That hardly needs to change, except to do it in reverse. If Anthony is the focus of this team and Iverson is his support, as it is starting out to be, all the numbers fit. In their first game together, Anthony shot 25 times and Iverson 16.

In addition, with each of them available when the other is not, more rest is convenient for each. For only the second time since Iverson's first game, he played less than 40 minutes. Iverson has been averaging more than 43 minutes a game.

Thus rested, compatible and unbeatable together, inseparable and auspicious apart, Iverson and Anthony flash across the NBA to lasting legend. Who can deny until it doesn't happen?

Ah, yes, it is all there, laid out like a soft carpet or a yellow-brick road, the path to glory.

Mission pending.

Imagine how long it will take to catch Utah, stuck with what it has, and you can see it happening, not by Friday when the Jazz comes to town, but certainly by Groundhog Day.

And then on up the playoff seedings, from the present seventh to, how high, third or second?

Why not first?

What kind of record would it take to catch Dallas - 60 wins? Sixty-five? Mere dust on the road. All the Nuggets need to do is win every game and there they are, right where they should be.

If 60 seems too far, then 50 is surely within reach, which gives the Nuggets a generous dozen or so losses to play with.

But there is no reason to be completely nutty about this. No need to stretch the possible beyond the probable. Home-court advantage to start the playoffs is not only realistic, but aiming low.

That takes top four, under the new playoff seeding arrangement, and that leaves only three rungs to climb. It matters not if Phoenix would be waiting there now; just as easily it could be the Lakers or Houston.

No need to fear the future, not any longer. No, sir.

Not until it actually gets here.

dude1394
01-30-2007, 01:31 AM
eeek...They are now 2-3 since the 'mello's return, losing to the Bobcats in Denver.

Mello/Iverson only took 52% of the shots tonight.

Iverson coming up quick to 'mello in the scoring lead.

4cwebb
01-30-2007, 02:56 AM
'Melo hasn't gotten back to attacking the basket the way the media perceived he was prior to his suspension. 26 shots and a marginal number of free throw attempts to show for it. And as far as I can tell, he got outplayed by GWallace of the Bobcats (or at least GWallace did more to help his team to victory than 'Melo).

TripleDipping
01-30-2007, 10:48 AM
You Meolo and AI hatas know you're lovin' it.

Drbio
01-30-2007, 11:11 AM
About what I thought. Melo continues to be the man in Denver while AI's scoring is down and his assist numbers are up. This could be a very successful tandem.

I think when the team settles in (which may not be until next year) that this will be the most accurate result of the AI/Melo pairing.

dude1394
01-30-2007, 11:23 AM
You Meolo and AI hatas know you're lovin' it.

Got that right...we are just having practice man, practice. I mean practice hata's.

TripleDipping
02-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't look now but the Nuggets are losers of four straight.

DubOverdose
02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Man, I knew they weren't gonna be great, but I didn't think they'd flat out SUCK!

dude1394
02-01-2007, 11:58 AM
eeek...They are now 2-3 since the 'mello's return, losing to the Bobcats in Denver.

Mello/Iverson only took 52% of the shots tonight.

Iverson coming up quick to 'mello in the scoring lead.

eeek...make that 2-4. Losing to bobcats/portland? yuck.

fluid.forty.one
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey, portlands got a nice young team this year with a lot of potential. Roy is going to be insane.

dude1394
02-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey, portlands got a nice young team this year with a lot of potential. Roy is going to be insane.

yea but they don't have two MVP candidates do they?? Come on... :)

maybe they practice harder.

dude1394
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
eeek...make that 2-4. Losing to bobcats/portland? yuck.

Double eeek...3-7 Ugly.......getting ugly.....

rabbitproof
02-08-2007, 02:39 AM
AI's hurt and might miss the ASG. JHo better get in Stern gets 3 injury replacements. I think Melo definitely goes then to represent the Nugs but JHo will take one of the three spots.

nashtymavsfan13
02-08-2007, 02:54 AM
The Nuggs are now below .500, wow....

mqywaaah
02-08-2007, 03:47 AM
Eww.. so much for the hype