East

C - Shaquille O'Neal
F - Lebron James
F - Chris Bosh
G - Dwayne Wade
G - Gilbert Arenas

dmavs1980
01-25-2007, 07:50 PM
How does KG/and or Ducan deserve it more than Dirk...

Dirkadirkastan
01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Fans should not vote for the All-Star players. We may as well watch American Idol.

mqywaaah
01-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Theme for this years All Star in Vegas: YOU GOT F'd.

KG over Dirk? Thats it, Im joining Dirkadirk and watch American Idol. Hand me the remote...

Darth Ape
01-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Dirk wll replace Yao

Male30Dan
01-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Can ol Mike D pick his boy Nash to start in place of Yao and just shuffle the lineups, (Nash to PG, Kobe to 2, Tracy to 3, KG to 4, and Timmy to 5), or does he have to replace him with a big guy? If he can, believe you me, Nash will be the replacement, not Dirk.

DubOverdose
01-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Can ol Mike D pick his boy Nash to start in place of Yao and just shuffle the lineups, (Nash to PG, Kobe to 2, Tracy to 3, KG to 4, and Timmy to 5), or does he have to replace him with a big guy? If he can, believe you me, Nash will be the replacement, not Dirk.
I've heard Stern makes the pick, so I doubt it'd be Dirk too. I don't know if he just fills in the last All Star or if he picks the starter in this case.

scorched03
01-26-2007, 10:33 AM
this is a joke. how can the former 2 time mvp not be the starter?
how can neither of the top 2 teams in the nba NOT have a all star starter

Big Boy Laroux
01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Stern picks the actual replacement for the team, but not who goes in the starting lineup. The coach does that, i'm pretty sure.

as long as the fans vote for the starters, there will always be an argument.

Dtownsfinest
01-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Honestly I see Amare or Nash starting over Dirk. Isn't D'antoni projected to be coach barring a Phoenix collapse?

dude1394
01-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Yea I don't believe dan tone e has the ca jo nees to not start a mar 'e.

Dirkadirkastan
01-27-2007, 02:48 AM
this is a joke. how can the former 2 time mvp not be the starter?
how can neither of the top 2 teams in the nba NOT have a all star starter

like we already said...

DA CHAI KNEES

Drbio
01-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Like I said before chumfaig ruined that other thread.....as long as fan balloting picks the players the All Star game will never truly field a deserving All Star team. Reputation garners spots on the team where they may not necessarily exist.

kriD
01-28-2007, 05:28 AM
NBA Insider

Fans shoot another brick when selecting All-Stars

By DWAIN PRICE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

The words resonated from Charles Barkley's mouth as if they were a roar from a lion.

"Where's Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki?" Barkley asked. "They should be starters."

What got Barkley riled up was yet another year in which NBA fans whiffed in voting for the starters for the All-Star Game on Feb. 18. In a season in which the Mavericks and Phoenix Suns have dominated, the fans refused to vote any players from those teams as starters.

What a shame.

And that's the reason why the NBA should take the vote out of the fans' hands and follow the NFL's lead.

In the NFL, the coaches and players vote for the Pro Bowl participants.

In the NBA, fans stuff the ballot for players they want to see in the All-Star Game, with little regard for performance.

And that's why Nash, who could join Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and Larry Bird as the only players to win three consecutive MVP awards, is not a starter.

The fans should be embarrassed, and so should the NBA.

Fans followed the league so much this season that they voted Shaquille O'Neal as the starting center for the Eastern Conference. Did anyone stop and notice that Shaq played just five games before the final voting was announced?

Way to go, fans. Hip-hip hooray! Want to vote for Jerry West, Magic Johnson and Dr. J while you're at it?

Nowitzki getting snubbed for a starting spot in the West is as ridiculous as Nash's case. While Nash has led the Suns to the league's best record at 35-8, Nowitzki and the Mavericks are on their heels at 35-9.

Give Nowitzki credit, though, for making light of the fans' mistake.

"We all know the All-Star Game is a popularity contest," Nowitzki said. "I'm not flashy, I can't dunk, and nobody really wants to see a 15-foot one-dribble pull-up [jumper]."

The All-Star Game should be a reward for on-court achievement. That's why it boggles the mind that Minnesota's Kevin Garnett was voted as a starter.

Garnett's team has a losing record, they wouldn't make the playoffs if they started today, and the team just fired its coach (Dwane Casey) this past week. Why is Garnett getting rewarded for that?

While the controversy over the starters swirls, another one could be in the works Thursday when the reserves will be announced. The East and West reserves will be voted on by the coaches from their respective conferences.

But since the fans voted in starters who should be sitting at home, some deserving players won't make each team's 12-man roster.

Mavs owner Mark Cuban has proposed to the NBA that each All-Star roster be increased to 15 players. But the league wasn't interested.

"I just think from a marketing perspective, there's no reason not to [expand to 15 players], and there's every reason to do it," Cuban said. "It takes a little bit of the pressure off [the voting coaches], and it gives more teams more players to get behind."

But it won't happen, because it makes too much sense.

"The NBA might say that for contractual reasons, because some of these players have All-Star bonuses, that it's expensive," Cuban said.

If the NBA is thinking about expenses, they could make a truckload of money if they put Jerry West, Magic Johnson and Dr. J on the All-Star ballot.

I'm sure fans would gladly vote that trio as starters.

SD90
01-28-2007, 11:30 AM
People mentioning the Pro Bowl, there's always the All-NBA teams. Don't forget that. I'm sure Nash and Nowitzki will get plenty of recongnition there.

Murphy3
01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
The Chinese and hip-hop America don't like the whitey...

dude1394
01-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Not nearly gangsta' enough.

rabbitproof
01-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Democracy does its thang.

DarenG
01-29-2007, 11:00 AM

LMAO.

SeattleMavsFan
01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
ya the all star game is stupid. it should not be voted by fans but players and coaches. then we would see a legit game. i rarely watch the all start game anyways...