PDA

View Full Version : How lucky are the Suns?

Captain Disaster
01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Do you realize that even when they play the Spurs, the Spurs will have played a late game with Utah?

StackAttack
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
The Suns aren't a bad team by any means, but 17 games in a row is definitely the result of an insanely easy schedule. Looking at ours, for the most part, the tough part will be over around mid-February. Right now, the Suns are getting ready to face:

San Antonio
Utah
Denver
Chicago

over the next two weeks. Early March is insane for them:

Indiana
Lakers
Houston
Dallas
Detroit
Denver (in Denver on a back to back, always tough to play in Colorado on a back to back)

and in the last 3 weeks of the season they face:

Dallas
San Antonio
Lakers (twice)
Utah
Houston

shaw-xx
01-28-2007, 07:45 PM
OMG, the Spurs will be the 2nd night in B2B!!! I hate the Suns!

Windmill360
01-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Hopefully they will go limping into the playoffs after they've peaked too soon.

rakesh.s
01-28-2007, 09:43 PM
SA's season will officially begin after they beat down the Suns on Thursday..

DubOverdose
01-28-2007, 10:09 PM
What bugs me about the Suns is that they ALWAYS play an easy team on a back end of a B2B, or at least seems that way every time I look at their upcomming games.

AxdemxO
01-29-2007, 12:19 AM
SA will lose by 20 to the Suns..book it

bernardos70
01-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Hardly Ax, I will take you up on that. It'll be a close game, you can bet that. I can't call it, but there will be no blowout.

LonghornDub
01-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Hardly Ax, I will take you up on that. It'll be a close game, you can bet that. I can't call it, but there will be no blowout.

Truth.

mqywaaah
01-29-2007, 07:02 AM
I'd have to bet on the Spurs when they match up with the Suns just so that ridiculous streak gets snapped. Spurs by 8.

shaw-xx
01-29-2007, 07:28 AM
What bugs me about the Suns is that they ALWAYS play an easy team on a back end of a B2B, or at least seems that way every time I look at their upcomming games.
Well, I use the easy schedule as an excuse to explain their hell of winning streak but I still feel nervous honestly. They just scare me. Even you play weak teams every other night, you can still lose one or two. They just keep winning. They can outscore you so they win. Even though I don't want to admit and don't believe Stern will give the award to one person for the 3rd year in a row, Nash is really playing grrreat. If they finish as No. 1 or 2 seed, he could be the MVP again. :(

DubOverdose
01-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, I use the easy schedule as an excuse to explain their hell of winning streak but I still feel nervous honestly. They just scare me. Even you play weak teams every other night, you can still lose one or two. They just keep winning. They can outscore you so they win. Even though I don't want to admit and don't believe Stern will give the award to one person for the 3rd year in a row, Nash is really playing grrreat. If they finish as No. 1 or 2 seed, he could be the MVP again. :(
They could finish with 54 wins and he'd still win it, its not like it didn't just happen last year.

jacktruth
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
And if the mavs were in this situation, we would be saying something like, "you still have to win those games." What is going to happen on this board if the suns start beating the western conference teams at the point where their schedule gets tough? Everybody is assuming that they will lose more often. It seems to me that Miami wasn't even the #1 seed in the scrub eastern conference last year. Yet, they are the reigning NBA champs.

We had a mavs team that went to WCF finals a few years ago that pushed the limit offensively like the Suns do. We played the right teams in the playoffs and even scored 85 points in the first half to beat Sacramento. We may have won it all if Dirk didn't get injured in the SA series.

The Suns are doing something spectacular. I think the Mavs can take them in a series, but I think thier 17 wins in a row is legitimate and impressive.

DarenG
01-29-2007, 09:14 AM
They have been incredibly lucky but they still have to play the schedule and win.