PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies Waive Guard Eddie Jones

AxdemxO
01-30-2007, 02:43 PM
You can chek it out on NBA.com if you want. But i just thought it was interesting because i didnt hear anything about it before it happened. If any1 is still considering getting some firepower...maybe we can pick him up??

Any thoughts??

sike
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
woah...

what reasons were given?

Five-ofan
01-30-2007, 02:52 PM
i told you this would happen. Id like to pick him up. You have to at least make the call.

sike
01-30-2007, 02:52 PM
i told you this would happen. Id like to pick him up. You have to at least make the call.
you told who?

u2sarajevo
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Jones free to sign with Heat on Thursday (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2748259)
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

Eddie Jones is heading back to the Miami Heat, ESPN.com has learned.

Jones agreed Monday on a buyout with the Memphis Grizzlies, giving up about $300,000 of his $15.7 million salary to gain his freedom from the team with the NBA's worst record. The money lost through the buyout will be made up when he signs for a prorated portion of the NBA minimum.

Jones will clear waivers Thursday morning, after which he can sign with any NBA team.

However, a source close to the situation said Jones has already decided he'll sign with Miami, meaning it is possible he will be in uniform for the defending champs when they play the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night.

The 12-year veteran spent five seasons with the Heat before being dealt to the Grizzlies in the five-team trade in the summer of 2005 that sent James Posey, Jason Williams and Antoine Walker to the Heat.

Jones was averaging just 5.6 points in 29 games for the Grizzlies after being a 16.0 scorer over the first dozen years of his career.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

Five-ofan
01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
you told who?
the dallas-mavs.com board?

DarenG
01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Ugh. Looks like the Suns are not going to stand pat either. Someone on the RealGM board is saying that reports on the radio in Phoenix are saying the Suns are pursuing James Posey.

I am really surprised we are not hearing more about the Mavs making some sort of change or like the above poster said "a phone call".

Five-ofan
01-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Anyone that comes available for free i think you at least think about BUT i dont want to see a trade to be honest unless its just a no brainer.

AxdemxO
01-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree there should at least be a call...he could give us a lot of fire power

dirno2000
01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Ugh. Looks like the Suns are not going to stand pat either. Someone on the RealGM board is saying that reports on the radio in Phoenix are saying the Suns are pursuing James Posey.

I am really surprised we are not hearing more about the Mavs making some sort of change or like the above poster said "a phone call".

PHX has been trying to dump Marcus Banks on anybody who will take him to get under the luxury tax. I doubt they find a trade that makes them much because the two players they can move (Jones and Banks) both suck.

SeattleMavsFan
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
ugh it's annoying how all these players go to the Heat to die. it used to be the Lakers...

i'd take him though. you gotta call him like some of the previous posts say.

DarenG
01-30-2007, 07:39 PM
PHX has been trying to dump Marcus Banks on anybody who will take him to get under the luxury tax. I doubt they find a trade that makes them much because the two players they can move (Jones and Banks) both suck.

Phoenix would dangle a late round pick just to get rid of one of those guys and pick up Posey. Don't they have 3 1st round picks next draft?

nashtymavsfan13
01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
the dallas-mavs.com board?

I remember that. Good call.

Amir
01-31-2007, 05:43 AM
he is so expirienced and would be anice addition to the current roaster.

dirt_dobber
01-31-2007, 11:39 AM
source: http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes

Eddie Jones will clear waivers Thursday when he is expected to sign with the Miami Heat. Jones chose his former team over the Dallas Mavericks, who visit FedExForum tonight to face the Griz. Familiarity with the Heat guaranteed playing time, and the lure of home sent Jones back to South Beach. He came close to signing with the Mavericks -- arguably giving Jones his best shot at winning a championship. Despite strong interest from Mavs management, coach Avery Johnson wouldn't make Jones promises about playing time.

mqywaaah
01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Whoa...

MavsX
01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
jesus...oh well...heat suck anyway

dude1394
01-31-2007, 04:48 PM
No one gets guaranteed playing time on this team, so shove off.