PDA

View Full Version : rangers vs mariners

Murphy3
04-13-2002, 07:27 PM
sweet lou made an early appearence for the mariners..he's now watching from the clubhouse..

MFFL
04-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Let's hope that the Rangers can win tomorrow and salvage 1 of the 4 game series. Who is that Sierra guy?

Drbio
04-14-2002, 10:30 PM
The Rangers need to cut ties with Narron. (Knee jerk of course) This is getting hard to watch. The thing is that the Rangers are in every freaking game and find a way to lose. I don't know what is going on.

MFFL
04-14-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm losing interest already. Teams built strictly for offense are boring already but teams built for offense who can't score runs REALLY bore me.

Drbio
04-14-2002, 10:42 PM
I heard a rumor on talk radio (unreliable source of course) that Buck Showalter was considering an offer from the Rangers to be a special assistant to Hart. Had to be total crap. But a lot of callers were calling for Narrons head today.

FineCubanCigar
04-14-2002, 11:15 PM
damn they are pissing me off already, this style of baseball is FRUSTRATING to watch. We need relievers who dont suck and good starters beside Doug Davis, Park and Rogers. but we FAIL TO RESIGN: Rick Helling, Aaron Sele, Todd Stottlmeyer, Cook, Venefro, Al Levine, Zito, on and freakin on. At least Hart knows what he is doing, which will be nice cause we draft high this year.

grbh
04-14-2002, 11:16 PM
A caller on the ticket post game show today made an interesting point. There were two cycles today. One for Sierra, and one for Palmeiro. A triple play, double play, and a strikeout. I bet that has not happened many times.

Drbio
04-14-2002, 11:21 PM
FCC- a couple of problems. The Rangers have to surrender their first five draft picks this year because they signed Class A and B free agents. They do not draft until the sixth round. As for not signing htose guys....

Stottlemeyer - hasn't pitched more than 5 games since he lef the Rangers because of a torn labrum
Sele- should have signed him
Helling- leads the NL in homers allowed...like he did in the AL the last few year. He wasn't worth keeping at more that the 5 mil offered to him.
Levine- situational lefty that got too expensive
Venefro- marginal pitcher is being lit up again this year already
Cook- I agree. Solid reliever
Zito- bonehead mistake by Melvin.