PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to Heat vs Cavs?

RePLAY
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I AM! Can't wait for this game. I want to watch all 3 refs heads simultaneously explode as Wade tries to draw a charge on LeBron and they can't decide what to call. :D

dude1394
02-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I AM! Can't wait for this game. I want to watch all 3 refs heads simultaneously explode as Wade tries to draw a charge on LeBron and they can't decide what to call. :D

No...can't stand either lebron or diva to be honest. I get so tired of having their mugs shoved in front of me that I just click it off.

Dirkadirkastan
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM

Funny scenario. Show us a tape of it when it happens, but I would never watch such a disgrace to the NBA.

Male30Dan
02-01-2007, 07:24 PM
This recent hate for LeBron is ridiculous. Seriously. Be mad at the media, but LeBron is one of the most level-headed NBA stars that has come around in a long, long time. Most guys with his hype and star appeal are, well, thug-like and me-me-me. He is a great kid with an even greater game. Hating on him is just dumb!

dude1394
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
okay, okay. I don't hate him...but I wouldn't go out of my way to see a game with him in it, better?

nashtymavsfan13
02-01-2007, 07:52 PM
This recent hate for LeBron is ridiculous. Seriously. Be mad at the media, but LeBron is one of the most level-headed NBA stars that has come around in a long, long time. Most guys with his hype and star appeal are, well, thug-like and me-me-me. He is a great kid with an even greater game. Hating on him is just dumb!

Nice post. I just hate that he has to be on the cover of every magazine and the topic of every article and shoved down our throats all the time on every basketball show.

MavsX
02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
i hate the heat....let 'em burn! give them a beating lebron

Dirkadirkastan
02-01-2007, 08:13 PM

I don't care what his personality his, he still makes a joke of the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbM6uuCt74

I stand by what I said. It's a disgrace to the NBA.

RePLAY
02-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Did he take 4 steps?!? :eek:

TheBlueVan
02-01-2007, 08:42 PM
love me some eastern conference sh-tsketball

thurst0509
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Ugh... here come the announcers with the Wade-Jordan comparisons...

Darke
02-01-2007, 09:10 PM
D. Wade already at 12 TOs with 13 FTs while shooting 5/15 - 7 mins to go

12 TOs.. lol

big_pth
02-01-2007, 09:14 PM
well...I expect that asshat Wade to take another forty trips to the line before this game is over.

big_pth
02-01-2007, 09:23 PM
nice three from the UT-ex gibson

dude1394
02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Oooh oooh oooh. 3 more fts' and diva will have more than the opposing team again. They should maybe made a new stat.

dude1394
02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Lebron just doesn't understand the new NBA. You cannot be a supersta' unless you can get 18-20 fta's in a game.

Stranger
02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
This is like a tied soccer game being determined by penalty kicks: Wade to the line, Lebron to the line, Wade to the line... at least Wade can make his.

Stylistic
02-01-2007, 09:37 PM
wow...this league is seriously soft. that's not a flagarant 10 years ago.

Bookit
02-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Wade makes me sick. I can't stand that free throw shooting drama queen.

Bookit
02-01-2007, 09:40 PM
wow...this league is seriously soft. that's not a flagarant 10 years ago.

I agree. If Posey or Walker or anybody else was fouled it wouldn't have been a flagrant.

TheBlueVan
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
wow, lebron can do something other than shoot ft's

20 f-ckin freethrows for wade?

Stranger
02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Wade and Lebron took a combined 12 free-throws in the last 90 seconds of the game.

dude1394
02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
He's DONE IT AGAIN! What a playa'. He's matched the other teams fta's. What a playa', what a playa'.

And he's got a triple double! 40+ points, 12 to's and 24fta's!!!! MVP baby!

Tokey41
02-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I love watching Lebron play, I dont see a problem with him.... but the Spurs/Suns game interests me a hell of a lot more.

Wade on the other hand sucks at life.

RePLAY
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I like Lebron...too bad he's gonna get suspended for that accidental hit to wade. =P

fluid.forty.one
02-01-2007, 10:54 PM
24 free throws *puke*

4cwebb
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
24 free throws *puke*

At this point, it's not even surprising when I go to check the box scores to see Wade with 20+ free throws.

Dirkadirkastan
02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Met a Heat fan today. Didn't seem to know that much about basketball.

He seemed to enjoy watching the free throw fest though.

Male30Dan
02-02-2007, 10:33 AM

Let me get this straight... So because the ref blows the call on that obvious travel, you think LeBron discraces the NBA? No, the refs discraced the NBA on that no call. Be mad at them. Be mad at the media outlets for shoving LeBron down your face.

LeBron isn't doing anything wrong here. Hell, he isn't even basking in the crap like most "stars". The dude just keeps trying to make his teammates better and win games while being about as unselfish as a true star can. He isn't like Wade with his faking BS and flops and dives into people when he gets you in the air either. Hell, even when Dirk does that BS I call it Pussy play, and that IS what it is. Head fake, player jumps, you dive into him, foul on defender! BS! And it was BS when Jordan started doing it too.

Like I said, it is just dumb to hate on LeBron because of others mistakes! Just dumb! There is NO ONE in the entire NBA that I would rather have on my team than him. No one! I love Dirk and he is my favorite player in this league, but just because he is my favorite doesn't mean I would prefer him over LeBron if given the choice. He is just about as humble as Dirk is with more God given ability. That dude will likely go down as the greatest NBA player in the history of this game and there are people who dislike him because the MFer is on magazines and because ESPN reports on him too much. Yeah, dumb!

Tokey41
02-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Greatest player in the history of the game? I doubt it since it's clear players are defined by their MVP's, championships, season records, etc... and Lebron doesn't have a lot of support at this point (although last year the MVP should have been between him and Dirk no question whatsoever). He's has crazy talent, but one man shows just don't win titles. I think history proves that.

Male30Dan
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah Tokey, and wouldn't you think that LeBron has accomplished more regarding his team goals and winning than Jordan did his first few years in the league? If you think LeBron won't win MVP trophys and titles than you are just crazy! He will have all of that when it is all said and done with. Jordan needed Pippen and a great cast to win with. Show me Pippen and a great cast on that damn Cavs team!

RePLAY
02-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Wade
FG 9-20
Free Throw 23-24 :rolleyes:
Turnovers 22 :eek:
Points 41

Dirkadirkastan
02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Dan, I don't "hate Lebron". But I don't like watching games he plays in, even if that's not his fault.

Tokey41
02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah Tokey, and wouldn't you think that LeBron has accomplished more regarding his team goals and winning than Jordan did his first few years in the league? If you think LeBron won't win MVP trophys and titles than you are just crazy! He will have all of that when it is all said and done with. Jordan needed Pippen and a great cast to win with. Show me Pippen and a great cast on that damn Cavs team!

When you look at the list of the arguably greatest players of all time you see: Magic, Bird, and Jordan (among many others, Wilt, Oscar, etc) but those three all had amazing teams. I think Lebron will win an MVP since he seemss to be on that level already... but title? His fate is more in the hands of the Cavs GM and he hasn't done a terrific job, although for some reason I think if they would have lured Michael Redd instead of Hughes I would be a LOT more confident in them contending for a title.

Of course there aren't really any Magics Lakers, Birds Celtics, or Jordans Bulls in the league right now. Dirk doesn't have any future hall of famers, but I dont see any team that has two right now anyway.

Stranger
02-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't consider LeBron a lock to win multiple titles. Talentwise, I don't think he's head-and-shoulders above guys like Kevin Garnett, Karl Malone, or Elgin Baylor. Even Oscar only won one title. Saying he's at the level that Jordan was at his age isn't conclusive... it's what Jordan did throughout his career that made him great. Not saying that he won't get there, just that's its not guaranteed.

Big Boy Laroux
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
ok, does ANYONE think that foul by lebron was hard enough to cause a GROWN MAN to flop to the floor and writhe in pain? are you kidding me? if that happens in pick-up, you shake/walk it off and keep playing.

if wade thinks that it makes him look tough that he keeps playing after he is down on the floor (like he has a life-threatening injury), well he's wrong. it makes him look like a wuss. he'd look tougher if he acted like it was no big deal and just kept playing like a man. shoot your FTs and play.