PDA

View Full Version : More Wade Hate

RePLAY
02-02-2007, 02:58 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14503

Oliver ( NY): Isn't it great to be able to make 9 FG and get 41 PTS? I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I wish Kobe would get even half the calls Wade gets. MJ's greatness was aided by "superstar" calls or no calls, sorry, but Kobe gets half the treatment of a wade or Lebron, why ?

Chris Sheridan: (12:40 PM ET ) You're preaching to the choir here, Oliver. every single night D-Wade gets three gift whistles (which even LeBron and Kobe don't get) at a minimum, and one or two late whistles, too. He's treated as preferrentially as Jordan was at the peak of his game, and it is infuriating to watch (unless you;re a Heat fan). And I say all that being one of the biggest D-Wade guys around, a Marquette grad even. But it's just plain unfair to see one guy get such special treatment. It takes away from the game.

Patty (Salt Lake City, UT): BRAVO, CHRIS SHERIDAN, BRAVO! Thank you for being the only guy in these chats with the cojones to acknowledge that Wade is being officiated differently than anyone else in this league. As a fan of the game, I appreciate that honesty, because I also believe that it harms our game - and that it stifles Wade?s game because he?s not forced to work on other aspects when he?s getting these free rides.

Chris Sheridan: (12:46 PM ET ) Kudos for your deft use of the ALL CAPS button. D-Wade didn't need those calls his first three years in the league when he became a star, and he doesn't need them now.

Armando (Miami, FL): Chris I'd like to givr a hometown opinion of Wade's treatment. I agree he gest special treatment, but you must also admit that it helps that he attacks the rim. I think guys like Kobe can have a problem but guys like McGrady shouldn't complain. Its like they tell you since little league if you settle for jumpshots you won't get to the line. What do u think?

Chris Sheridan: (12:55 PM ET ) Agreed that he attacks the rim better than any player in the league, and he gets fouled quite a lot doing that, and those fouls should indeed be called. It's the phantom ones and the late whistles that get me.

Flacolaco
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Chris Sheridan: (12:46 PM ET ) Kudos for your deft use of the ALL CAPS button. D-Wade didn't need those calls his first three years in the league when he became a star, and he doesn't need them now.

he needed them in the Finals.

(why are we still talking about this?)

bernardos70
02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Mad props to Sheridan. But won't he get fined by Stern? :wink:

nashtymavsfan13
02-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Nice to see people noticing, anyone see Wade get 24 FT's last night?

dude1394
02-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Nice to see people noticing, anyone see Wade get 24 FT's last night?

Well sure...he notched another "got as many fta's as the opposing team" notch in his belt.

Drbio
02-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Wade can suck Barkley's blubber.

mqywaaah
02-03-2007, 01:54 AM
It's the phantom ones and the late whistles that get me.

Gets me too all the time.

Hydhypedplaya
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
D Wade is da bomb!! He might get alot of phantom calls but nobody can deny he got mad game. He carries his team by himself (shaq sux and his supporting cast is pretty weak) I used to hate on Dwade, I never thought he deserved the hype he got but after watching so many of his games I realise that the guy is a mastermind on the court. I mean not only does he get his points, but he also gets you 6 rebs 5ast a couple of steals and atleast 1block a game (On most nights)

His weakest aspect used to be his jumpshot but after he mastered that he became a complete player. The guy has a perfectly well rounded game. Just my $.02

Hydhypedplaya
02-03-2007, 10:46 AM
D Wade is da bomb!! He might get alot of phantom calls but nobody can deny he got mad game. He carries his team by himself (shaq sux and his supporting cast is pretty weak) I used to hate on Dwade, I never thought he deserved the hype he got but after watching so many of his games I realise that the guy is a mastermind on the court. I mean not only does he get his points, but he also gets you 6 rebs 5ast a couple of steals and atleast 1block a game (On most nights)

His weakest aspect used to be his jumpshot but after he mastered that he became a complete player. The guy has a perfectly well rounded game. Just my $.02

dude1394
02-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Late whistles really drive me nuts. I never seem to hear them on non-shooting fouls. Maybe they do. I'd like to hear the NBA address why they occur.

Mavs Rule
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Late whistles really drive me nuts. I never seem to hear them on non-shooting fouls. Maybe they do. I'd like to hear the NBA address why they occur.

Its crazy, but I think the refs on borderline fouls like to see the "results" of the foul first before they blow the whistle. Results = fouled player falling, fouled player reaction, whether the ball goes in the hoop, etc.

chumdawg
02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I wonder why LeBron didn't get annointed as the Chosen One. IMO, he's a better player than LeBron is. Something to do with Miami and Shaq and titles, maybe?

dude1394
02-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Its crazy, but I think the refs on borderline fouls like to see the "results" of the foul first before they blow the whistle. Results = fouled player falling, fouled player reaction, whether the ball goes in the hoop, etc.

I think that as well and it drives me crazy.

capitalcity
02-04-2007, 01:15 AM
I wonder why LeBron didn't get annointed as the Chosen One. IMO, he's a better player than LeBron is. Something to do with Miami and Shaq and titles, maybe?Stern already through Bron and the chity of cleveland a bone when he rigged the lottery. Wade's meteoric rise has everything to do with Shaq and Miami. It was decided he would be the next Kobe, and thus the next Jordan, summer 2004.

But really who can blame Stern? Any commish would've tired their damndest to prevent further spurs ratings disasters.

chumdawg
02-04-2007, 01:22 AM
True enough on the Spurs debacle. On the surface I would say why not Kobe or LeBron...but hey, I guess you don't question success. Whatever the plan was, it certainly worked.

Not it might not be exposed in due time, but for now...

dude1394
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Diva is putting on another ft show. It's late second quarter and diva already has +2 free throws on the other team. Go diva GO!!