PDA

View Full Version : Miami's Gary Payton suspended for talking back to official

dirt_dobber
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Miami's Gary Payton suspended for talking back to official
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Arb2kgREmzM3BrXG5CDC4Pm8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-paytonsuspended1stld-writethru&prov=ap&type=lgns

February 5, 2007

MIAMI (AP) -- Heat guard Gary Payton was suspended one game without pay Monday for talking back to an official who ejected him during a win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday.

Payton will serve the suspension Monday night when Miami hosts the Charlotte Bobcats.

The incident occurred late in the second quarter on Saturday, when Payton, starting in place of the injured Jason Williams, was ejected by official Mark Davis for arguing a call. Before leaving the floor, Payton leaned in close and said something to Davis. The Heat won the game 117-98.

The 16-year veteran is averaging 5.6 points and 2.9 assists this season, both career lows.

TripleDipping
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
What... you can't even talk dirty to the refs now?

Bookit
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
We can only image what he whispered to the ref. It had to be something good to warrant a suspension.

spreedom
02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Same old story... Payton does more talking than playing these days.. he's been playing with a giant fork stuck in his back since he got traded from the Lakers.. who gives a damn about this spare anymore?

SeattleMavsFan
02-05-2007, 07:18 PM
see, I don't agree with this. It's making me hard to watch the game anymore when nobody can have any emotions. Just let them play...

dude1394
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry..always have to support someone shutting up Gary Payton. Good job stern.

SeattleMavsFan
02-05-2007, 09:20 PM
well i guess there's a first for everything...a mavs fan saying good job stern

i guess it's just me, i mean payton is an ass but i'm tired of the damn lock down in the NBA. it makes it so boring to watch