PDA

View Full Version : WADE talks trash about Dirk

dirt_dobber
02-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Heat's Wade speaks his mind
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2007/02/09/a1b_heat_0209.html

By Tom D'Angelo
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 09, 2007

CLEVELAND Dwyane Wade has plenty of evidence to back his status as a clutch player, and he's not afraid to take a big shot.

That holds off the court, as well. Take his disdain for Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, for example.

"Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year," Wade said Thursday. "But he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

Wade isn't as harsh about LeBron James, whose Cleveland Cavaliers play the Heat tonight for the second time in eight days. The two stars had memorable showdowns last season, but the meeting in Miami was all Wade.

Wade scored 41 points, 24 in the fourth quarter, in a 92-89 victory. James had just 17 points, missed twice as many shots as he made, and wilted down the stretch.

James took full blame for the loss after the game, saying he "didn't come through" as the team leader.

"Your teammates, they're going to ask you to make a play during crunch time and that's when the big players step up," James said Thursday.

While Wade has been playing well, earning the Eastern Conference player of the week award, James has struggled. The Cavaliers' small forward, who has averaged 16.8 points in four February games, has shot just 39.4 percent from the field and 52.4 percent from the line in that span.

"You could see he doesn't have that LeBron pep in his step, that excitement that he normally brings to a game," Wade said. "He's got to find a way to get that excitement of playing the game back."

Wade, sensing James' wavering confidence last week, solicited help to unnerve his buddy when James was at line in the final minute.

"With a player you know is struggling from the line, in a pressure moment like that, you try to make sure to get (the crowd involved) because you know he's thinking," Wade said. "At that moment I'm just trying to get the crowd to make him think more."

Wade's makeup is different. He rarely has the moments James had last week or Nowitzki had throughout the Finals."We've been very successful over the last four years at crunch time with the ball in his hands," Heat interim coach Ron Rothstein said. "So why not continue it? He makes big plays. He makes great plays."

Shaquille O'Neal includes Wade in a list of the league's most clutch players. His next five: Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas, Chauncey Billups and "sometimes" Tracy McGrady and "sometimes" James.

"You earn your reputation by being in that situation and by coming out on top in that situation, consistently," O'Neal said. "Of course, you're not going to hit every shot every game, but you hit seven out of 10 and it puts you as that type of player who has to have the ball in your hands."

James is several big shots shy of Wade, although his reputation was helped by playoff run last year in which he averaged 30.8 points over 13 games.

But he's been frustrated this season. Cleveland tweaked its offense, hoping to reduce James' burden. Unfortunately, it turns out the Cavs may need James more than the Heat needs Wade.

James' scoring average is down from 31.4 to 26.3 and his shots have dropped by three per game (23.1 to 20.1).

Still, James sees his career paralleling Wade's and expects the two to have more showdowns like they had last season.

"You will be remembered by what you did at the end more so than what you did at the beginning or in the regular season," Wade said. "He hasn't had the chances. Everyone sees what he did last year in the playoffs. He was one rebound away from taking his team to the Eastern Conference finals, so I think we all see the player he's capable of being and he will be for many years."

aexchange
02-09-2007, 07:17 AM
he's a boneheaded idiot.

all i can say is wow.

Maringa
02-09-2007, 07:34 AM
I hate the quote; however, he has the right to say it until Dirk and the rest of the Mavs are able to clutch their way through and win the championship. I am still sick to my stomach about how Dirk and the Mavs choked away the championship...What an unfortunate, blown opportunity....

digit
02-09-2007, 08:15 AM
HAHA what a piece of sh*t...I hope Dirk and the boys read that...

Dirkenstien
02-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I very much dislike Wade, but I think he is right. Dirk was a bit dissapointing last year in the Finals. On the other hand, Dirk is right too about us giving them the championship. It was ours to lose and we choked. The good news is that we're a new team and a better team this year. Watch out Miami...your days are numbered.

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Anyone really care what Wade has to say? Dirk knows that he didn't have a great finals performance.. That's fine. As a Mavs fan, I feel confident that he'll make up for it.

As for Wade, I think the whole world knows that he was gifted a championship mostly by the officials just giving it to him and somewhat by the Mavs just not taking it.

Usually Lurkin
02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Wade is starting to sound suspiciously defensive about his gift whistles.

TripleDipping
02-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Anyone really care what Wade has to say? Dirk knows that he didn't have a great finals performance.. That's fine. As a Mavs fan, I feel confident that he'll make up for it.

As for Wade, I think the whole world knows that he was gifted a championship mostly by the officials just giving it to him and somewhat by the Mavs just not taking it.

That is so true. Wade should be last person on this surface to open his yap about being given a championship. I can really give a crap what this prima dona has to say.

Dtownsfinest
02-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Uhhh what's wrong with "Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year," Wade said Thursday. "But he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments." ?????

Nothing wrong with that comment at all. Had Dirk stepped up in that 4th quarter like he did in the San Antonio series in Game 7 we would've went to Game 7 to say the least. And JET and Josh fall in that same boat. Marquis was the only one who played worth a damn.

kg_veteran
02-09-2007, 09:50 AM
From today's Miami Herald: www.miami.com/mld/miamihe...656501.htm (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16656501.htm)

DIG AT DIRK

After the Heat practiced Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena, Wade was asked if he believes players are ultimately remembered for what they do at the end of games.

Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

''At the end of the day,'' Wade said, ``you're remembered for what you did at the end. . . . I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Dirkenstien
02-09-2007, 09:53 AM
From today's Miami Herald: www.miami.com/mld/miamihe...656501.htm (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16656501.htm)

DIG AT DIRK

After the Heat practiced Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena, Wade was asked if he believes players are ultimately remembered for what they do at the end of games.

Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

''At the end of the day,'' Wade said, ``you're remembered for what you did at the end. . . . I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Is there a guy in the league I hate more? No.

kg_veteran
02-09-2007, 09:56 AM
You're remembered for what you did at the end, eh? Let's look at the end of Game 5:

Nowitzki Fade Away: Made (20 PTS)0:09
[DAL 100-99] 0:09 Team Timeout: Regular Nowitzki Foul: Shooting (4 PF)0:01 0:01
[MIA 100-100] Wade Free Throw 1 of 2 (42 PTS) Team Timeout: Regular0:01 0:01
[MIA 101-100] Wade Free Throw 2 of 2 (43 PTS) Harris Jump Shot: Missed0:00 Team Rebound0:00

One guy made a play; the other guy got bailed out. Wade is apparently defensive because everybody knows he was given a gift.

kg_veteran
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Is there a guy in the league I hate more? No.

He has read way too many of his own press clippings.

capitalcity
02-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Excuse me motherfucker?

sike
02-09-2007, 10:08 AM
man this urks me...there is no reason for Wade to say this....I wish someone on the Mavs would reply to this...and by reply I mean an elbow to the face. ;)

someone needs to ask Dirk aobut this...

and yes, UL is right...Wade has a guilty conscience about the quality of his ring....that thing is tarnished brotha.

kg_veteran
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM
man this urks me...there is no reason for Wade to say this....I wish someone on the Mavs would reply to this...and by reply I mean an elbow to the face. ;)

It's just too bad M'Benga is out for the year.

someone needs to ask Dirk aobut this...

Dirk's response would be classy. He'd say something to the effect of, "Obviously, we didn't get it done, so he has the right to say whatever he wants until we win it all." He's not going to come out and say, "I hit a shot and he got a gift." Unlike Wade, he's not a punk.

and yes, UL is right...Wade has a guilty conscience about the quality of his ring....that thing is tarnished brotha.

The 1999 Spurs asterisk has nothing on the 2006 Heat asterisk.

sike
02-09-2007, 10:16 AM
The 1999 Spurs asterisk has nothing on the 2006 Heat asterisk.
2006 casts a pretty dang big shadow...the Spurs have it made in the shade...

and you know, I've never heard/read anything about Wade being a punk before this...I'm a little shocked actually...he has always come across as a kid with some class.... :(

ilMavvento
02-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Good point kg about Dirk's Game 5 shot. By all accounts that should have won it.

Maybe Dirk needs to clothesline Wade and nearly take his head off for Wade to respect him.

sike
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Good point kg about Dirk's Game 5 shot. By all accounts that should have won it.

Maybe Dirk needs to clothesline Wade and nearly take his head off for Wade to respect him.
should have never gotten to game 5.

Windmill360
02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Hey, Wade..... can you tell us what life is like all the way back there in 2006?

GEEEESHHHH.. move on.

Stylistic
02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Wade is starting to sound suspiciously defensive about his gift whistles.
He just HAD to single out Dirk, huh. Coaches and players are saying it but he made it out like it was only Dirk who said it. I would see his point if Dirk was the only one saying it, but he's not.

DarenG
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't think what he said was any worse then Dirk basically saying they gave the championship away. It depends on your point of view. Mavs fans say we gave it away. Heat fans say they took it away. Other fans say we choked. Others say we just got beat by a better team.

In the end all that counts as scoreboard and the Heat have it.

kg_veteran
02-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Here are Dirk's comments after Game 6 (about Wade):

"Yeah, they made some adjustments. I thought once they got back home, they were great, obviously Dwyane was great. After Game 2, whatever, he was unstoppable. He really, you know, really won them the Championship. You know, from Game 3 when we were up 10, he just took over since then. He never let up. He was great. "

Yeah, Dirk really refused to give Wade credit. Wade is not only a primadonna; he's a lying sack of crap.

irontoad
02-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Wuck Fade.

sike
02-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Here are Dirk's comments after Game 6 (about Wade):

"Yeah, they made some adjustments. I thought once they got back home, they were great, obviously Dwyane was great. After Game 2, whatever, he was unstoppable. He really, you know, really won them the Championship. You know, from Game 3 when we were up 10, he just took over since then. He never let up. He was great. "

Yeah, Dirk really refused to give Wade credit. Wade is not only a primadonna; he's a lying sack of crap.
but have you every heard anything bad about him before??? I mean...he is not a punk, right?

a pretty classy dude from what I knew before...this is certianly regrettable...

Big Shot Rob
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I generally don't cuss in this website.

But Wade is a prick.

Spurs play the Heat in the a few days--I figure he'll mouth off about us as well...

sike
02-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I generally don't cuss in this website.

But Wade is a prick.

Spurs play the Heat in the a few days--I figure he'll mouth off about us as well...
ok rob...other than these comments...what has led you to this opinion of him?

from all I've heard he is a quality young man...so other being the lucky son of a gun who got handed a ring from the Mavs and Refs...I don't know much bad to say of the dude...

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I'll add Wade to my celebrity death pool next year.

sike
02-09-2007, 11:13 AM
other than the fact that I hate his ring (and the way he got it), hate his commercials, and hate these comments about dirk....I've never heard anything but good stuff.

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Well, he did come to his own defense about all the calls that he was getting. Any self respecting human being would have admitted that he was being shown favoritism by the league and would have apologized for the officials behavior.

sike
02-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, he did come to his own defense about all the calls that he was getting. Any self respecting human being would have admitted that he was being shown favoritism by the league and would have apologized for the officials behavior.
nice. Yeah...I remember all those other guys who got superstar treatment doing the same ;)

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but there really hasn't been as blatant of a case since....
There's never been a case this blatant.

sike
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah, but there really hasn't been as blatant of a case since....
There's never been a case this blatant.
it still hurts...did we ever find out if any refs got fines for any of those calls?

Male30Dan
02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
F Wade! I hope he breaks his ego!

sike
02-09-2007, 11:56 AM
F Wade! I hope he breaks his ego!
and doesn't get back up! ;)

Usually Lurkin
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
nice. Yeah...I remember all those other guys who got superstar treatment doing the same ;)
most other stars will talk about earning the respect of the officials, if not talk outright about earning the "star calls".
Wade's reaction to the issue was "if they don't like it, they should stop fouling me."

This was in an article a month or so ago.

sike
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
most other stars will talk about earning the respect of the officials, if not talk outright about earning the "star calls".
Wade's reaction to the issue was "if they don't like it, they should stop fouling me."

This was in an article a month or so ago.
thats just it, UL, wade believes he IS being fouled...and if he believes it...he is not being a punk. He's just wrong.

Usually Lurkin
02-09-2007, 12:20 PM
thats just it, UL, wade believes he IS being fouled...and if he believes it...he is not being a punk. He's just wrong.
dude falls down on his own, without being touched. *He* shoved Dirk, then went to the line. The only way he could possibly perceive these as fouls against him is to be a self-centered, self-serving, self-promoting, PUNK! I think it's more likely that he knows he's getting away with it, and he's a lying punk.

Dirkenstien
02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
other than the fact that I hate his ring (and the way he got it), hate his commercials, and hate these comments about dirk....I've never heard anything but good stuff.

I especially hate that commercial where he and Barkley are driving along and Wade asks if he can get into Barkley's "five". His expression and voice tone sounded/looked just like Shaq's ...the guy is quite annoying.

sike
02-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I think there is little evidence to say he is a punk. Disillusioned? Sure. But a punk is a less than classy person...and I've seen nothing from Wade to lead me to that conclusion other than these comments about Dirk...which might be as a defensive reaction.

and I think that just about every superstar other than Dirk is "Self-centered, self-serving, and self-promoting"...and I don't think that makes them punks.

like I said...Wade is wrong about the calls. And I doubt he would say he's never benefited from a bad call...but any star can say that.

Usually Lurkin
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
and I think that just about every superstar other than Dirk is "Self-centered, self-serving, and self-promoting"...and I don't think that makes them punks.
well, Wade has been raising this to a whole nother level. I do think there are a lot of superstars that don't quite fit this description. Steve Nash doesn't strike me as such (though he's a punk for different reasons). Neither does Tim Duncan (again, punk for other reasons). Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd say everyone who is not currently wearing a mavs uniform, or who doesn't cheer for those who do must be a punk for some reason or another. That goes double for anyone affiliated with the Suns, Spurs, Lakers, or Heat. And for CSI:Miami.

sike
02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd say everyone who is not currently wearing a mavs uniform, or who doesn't cheer for those who do must be a punk for some reason or another. That goes double for anyone affiliated with the Suns, Spurs, Lakers, or Heat. And for CSI:Miami.
we obviously agree 100% :)

mqywaaah
02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Wow... sheesh. I hate this guy.

TheBlueVan
02-09-2007, 01:20 PM
just think...some day he will be in the hall of fame!

dude1394
02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
stone cold bigot.

The Crippler
02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
stone cold bigot.

best description of that sorry sack of ish yet. bigot.

fluid.forty.one
02-09-2007, 01:32 PM
wow

just wow

dude1394
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking that for the game with miami 17,000 people should show up in referree jerseys. Diva would go into a seizure of joy.

V2M
02-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Wade's a good kid (yeah... just ask sike! ;))... but lately he's just feeling a bit insecure (from all the losing this year!), under-appreciated (no one picks him the MVP!), jealous (Dirk and Mavs been at the top for too long!) and hurt (everyone's been calling him names such as D-Whistle, etc., since the Finals!).

Poor Wade... please don't hate him! If anything... I urge y'all to send your unadultered love, affection and compassion to a soul that's deeply hurt and cryin' for help!! ;)

sike
02-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Wade's a good kid (yeah... just ask sike! ;))... but lately he's just feeling a bit insecure (from all the losing this year!), under-appreciated (no one picks him the MVP!), jealous (Dirk and Mavs been at the top for too long!) and hurt (everyone's been calling him names such as D-Whistle, etc., since the Finals!).

Poor Wade... please don't hate him! If anything... I urge y'all to send your unadultered love, affection and compassion to a soul that's deeply hurt and cryin' for help!! ;)
I agree with your post, V2M, but I hope he never wins another game...can you make that happen?

Stylistic
02-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I just love reading various message boards saying how Mavs fans and Laker fans need to stop whining and shut up when you have players and coaches from the Sonics to even the Rockets saying that Wade got the benefit of some calls in the finals. But somehow, only the Lakers and Mavs are the only ones crying.:rolleyes:

V2M
02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Cuban in his blog:

Dwayne Wade a Leader ?

Feb 9th 2007 12:53PM
I hope Dwayne Wade was misquoted in an article today in the Miami Herald. I know the Herald has issues with accuracy and they are still probably looking for the boat I dont own in Miami, but according to the Herald, and i have a hard time thinking even the Herald could get this quote wrong, Wade said the following:

DIG AT DIRK

Say what ? Is this the DWade of some of the lamest , boring commercials known to man ? Commercials that are singlehandedly responsible for selling more commercial skipping Tivos than anything else on TV ?

Dwayne I don't blame you for not looking at tapes of the finals. You obviously didn't. You would have seen your unbelievable skills and some other unbelievable elements that if I could discuss honestly here I would get fined for.
You are right, endings are remembered. And the ending of 3 of the games of the Finals will be remembered alongside Game 6 of the King vs Lakers Conf Finals a few years ago.

I guess you have earned the right to criticize Dirk with an obvious display of your own leadership skills.

I know Shaq appreciates your leadership as well. He called out your team a few weeks ago saying it was "embarassing'. Great leadership DWade. Your coach sat players for being fat. I guess you couldnt lead them away from the buffet.

You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is non existent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills....well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette ?

Now we know why Charles won't put you in his 5.

And Im pissed for one more reason. Im going to have to miss our next game against the Heat on Feb 22. A previous engagement. I guess its just a missed opportunity to bring a local business class to the game and try to let them interview you about your leadership skills.

=========================

I feel, Cuban should keep out of this... and just let Dirk and the Mavs respond with their play!!!

sike
02-09-2007, 03:29 PM
gotta love the passion...but this just makes Cuban look so petty.
at least Wade is young and dumb....Cuban is way to savy to be so brash.
Cuban in his blog:

Dwayne Wade a Leader ?

Feb 9th 2007 12:53PM
I hope Dwayne Wade was misquoted in an article today in the Miami Herald. I know the Herald has issues with accuracy and they are still probably looking for the boat I dont own in Miami, but according to the Herald, and i have a hard time thinking even the Herald could get this quote wrong, Wade said the following:

DIG AT DIRK

Say what ? Is this the DWade of some of the lamest , boring commercials known to man ? Commercials that are singlehandedly responsible for selling more commercial skipping Tivos than anything else on TV ?

Dwayne I don't blame you for not looking at tapes of the finals. You obviously didn't. You would have seen your unbelievable skills and some other unbelievable elements that if I could discuss honestly here I would get fined for.
You are right, endings are remembered. And the ending of 3 of the games of the Finals will be remembered alongside Game 6 of the King vs Lakers Conf Finals a few years ago.

I guess you have earned the right to criticize Dirk with an obvious display of your own leadership skills.

I know Shaq appreciates your leadership as well. He called out your team a few weeks ago saying it was "embarassing'. Great leadership DWade. Your coach sat players for being fat. I guess you couldnt lead them away from the buffet.

You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is non existent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills....well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette ?

And Im pissed for one more reason. Im going to have to miss our next game against the Heat on Feb 22. A previous engagement. I guess its just a missed opportunity to bring a local business class to the game and try to let them interview you about your leadership skills.

=========================

I feel, Cuban should keep out of this... and just let Dirk and the Mavs respond with their play!!!

stoble
02-09-2007, 03:37 PM
God bless Mark Cuban. He has said it all, and said it well.

Dirkadirkastan
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
You know what? Cuban has been good by taking the back seat this whole year. The satirical "David Stern University" is a nice way to keep showing his disdain for Stern while not leaving any explicit grounds for Stern to fine him. But that cover can only do so much and Cuban has been pretty quiet otherwise.

Then piss-ant Wade comes along and says bonehead things that aren't worth anyone's time. This ain't a battle of heroes, it's a battle of trash-talking morons. Who better than Cuban to step forward and defend Dirk? Except Mark is actually being clever. And right.

capitalcity
02-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Best. Owner. In. Sports.

EDIT: NB4TH8

chumdawg
02-09-2007, 04:15 PM
"I love watching you shoot free throws." Clever.

I guess my memories of the Finals are a little blurry by now, because I can't recall that there were *three* games with phantom fouls at the end. I thought it was just Game Five?

Anyway, I probably couldn't be any more bored by Wade. Whoever said we gave them the title was right. We should have continued the ass-whipping we were administering in the first 2.75 games. It should have never been close enough for a few foul shots to swing the series in their favor.

rabbitproof
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Cubes to the rescue!

We'll give Wade a real reply on Feb 22 but Mark's just keeping the seat warm until then.

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
"I love watching you shoot free throws." Clever.

I guess my memories of the Finals are a little blurry by now, because I can't recall that there were *three* games with phantom fouls at the end. I thought it was just Game Five?

Anyway, I probably couldn't be any more bored by Wade. Whoever said we gave them the title was right. We should have continued the ass-whipping we were administering in the first 2.75 games. It should have never been close enough for a few foul shots to swing the series in their favor.
In all honesty, all the Mavs needed to win the series (other than good officiating) was Avery Johnson not trying to slow the game down to a grinding halt the final few minutes of Game 3. The Mavs were in the drivers seat when AJ decided that taking time off the clock was a good idea instead of keeping the pressure on the Heat.

But yeah, decent officiating would have helped.

And1
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I hate the quote; however, he has the right to say it until Dirk and the rest of the Mavs are able to clutch their way through and win the championship. I am still sick to my stomach about how Dirk and the Mavs choked away the championship...What an unfortunate, blown opportunity....

missed opportunity is right

DevinHarriswillstart
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Wade has no class. His skills consist of manipulating the opposing player to leave his feet, then running into the defensive player getting the call every single time. So I guess what Wade is saying is that Dirk should just be a douche bag and manipulate the game instead of winning the championship like a man.

"Time alone reveals the just man....the unjust.....you can recognize in one short second"
-Creon

Stylistic
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow. the media is really taking Wade's side on this one saying he's exactly right. I didn't know he got on LeBron either.

Underdog
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Mavs 40-9, Heat 24-25

Let that sink in...

StackAttack
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Holy shit. All Dirk did was criticize his team's defense.

kingmalaki
02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
While I agree with Wade that Dirk kinda faltered in the Finals, I still think he was wrong for the comment. Just because your friend is dating an ugly chick doesn't mean you have to tell her she is ugly.

Wade has the trophy and the MVP award....so I don't really see why he is bitching....

capitalcity
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
so I don't really see why he is bitching....That's what bitches do.

Tokey41
02-09-2007, 06:44 PM
It's a complete lack of respect to single Dirk out in particular. Just because the rest of the league is starting to take note of his "gift" calls and he's feeling a bit of pressure to respond to the criticism he picks on the one guy who won't get into an ego war. Lack of leadership skills? Dirks carried this franchise to 60+ win seasons by himself, actually making it to the finals out of the FAR superior west, and most importantly doesn't lose his cool. But I guess all that matters is his performance in the finals, you remember the one the league GAVE you? Don't deny it, it's sad.

She_Growls
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM
How like DWade, classless thug!

nashtymavsfan13
02-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I hate Wade. I don't care what he has to say. He's a drama queen and a jerk. This quote again shows how Wade has no class.

nashtymavsfan13
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Lol, I love it. Cuban rocks.

Stranger
02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Wade is facing the possibility that his career has peaked VERY early. That Heat roster is not going to improve any time soon. They may not be competitive for a very long time.

Chicken Diavlo
02-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Mmm... Wade... you're silly. Dirk, a poor leader...

I hope Dirk just brutalizes Wade's ego in some way or form during the all-star game.

antoinewalker
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
dwayne wade is right. dirk should just play harder and learn to be more clutch than sit there and cry about the refs. losers cry. champion-caliber players will take their loss as motivation to work harder and win it the next year. there is absolutely no excuse to lose 4 straight games in the finals, especially when you had such a huge lead which the mavericks blew in game 3.

oh yea, dirk should review this game tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7cG9NrfhM0&eurl=

i bet the refs made him miss that free throw. lol.

dude1394
02-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Actually antoinettewalker, dirk never once bitched about officiating.

antoinewalker
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Actually antoinettewalker, dirk never once bitched about officiating.

dirk said the refs gave the heat the championship. that counts as bitching.

Five-ofan
02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
you might want to do a little research. dirk never once said that you trolling moron.

LRB
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
If Dirk could lead the refs around by the nose like Drama Queen Wade, then the Mavs would have won the finals in 4. It's a sad commentary on Dirk's leadership abilities not to be able to get phantom calls like sissy boy. Maybe if Dirk started wearing pink panties with ruffles like Dwaynia, he might do better.

mary
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM

You are a lying dumbarse and the refs gave the Heat the championship the same way I gave it to your mother last night.

(Sorry, just trying to spread the spirit of Doc around a little.)

nashtymavsfan13
02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
dwayne wade is right. dirk should just play harder and learn to be more clutch than sit there and cry about the refs. losers cry. champion-caliber players will take their loss as motivation to work harder and win it the next year. there is absolutely no excuse to lose 4 straight games in the finals, especially when you had such a huge lead which the mavericks blew in game 3.

oh yea, dirk should review this game tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7cG9NrfhM0&eurl=

i bet the refs made him miss that free throw. lol.

You are an absolute idiot. Not clutch? How bout 3 game winners last season? How bout taking the whole season on his shoulders driving in and making the And 1 against the Spurs? How bout swishing the free throw right after? How bout his 50 against the Suns? He never once whined about the refs to the media or anything like that. He has taken the BS loss as motivation, stepping up his game and flat out carrying this team to a 41-9 record thus far.

You don't know what you are talking about so why don't you go back to the Heat board with the rest of the non-basketball knowing fans? Anyone who's user name is atoinettewalker isn't worth taking seriously. Go back to the Heat board and quit trolling. We like talking intelligent basketball on this board.

dude1394
02-10-2007, 12:18 AM
You are a lying dumbarse and the refs gave the Heat the championship the same way I gave it to your mother last night.

(Sorry, just trying to spread the spirit of Doc around a little.)

With a baseball sized strap-on tool?

Dirkadirkastan
02-10-2007, 12:27 AM
How bout taking the whole season on his shoulders driving in and making the And 1 against the Spurs? How bout swishing the free throw right after?

No one EVER gives him credit for this one. It's just Ginobili, Ginobili, Ginobili. Of course, if the Spurs definitely would have won if he didn't foul, then Dirk definitely wouldn't have taken the ball to the hole, right? The quick two was the right play anyway, with the and1 in mind as a possibility.

Dirk actually made all FIVE huge free throws in the last ten seconds of several games in the Spurs series. But nooooo, nobody will remember that, just the one he missed when he had a 2-0 series lead. Also, if the scorer's table didn't make their convenient mistake with under a minute to play in that game, there would have been around 8 seconds left on the clock, not 3.4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJCOSPdA7jc

Notice how Wade throws the ball in the Dallas basket while the clock is running.

antoinewalker
02-10-2007, 02:50 AM
While I agree with Wade that Dirk kinda faltered in the Finals, I still think he was wrong for the comment. Just because your friend is dating an ugly chick doesn't mean you have to tell her she is ugly.

Wade has the trophy and the MVP award....so I don't really see why he is bitching....

lol, how is he bitching? he's simply replying to a comment that was made saying that the refs gave him the championship last year.

You are an absolute idiot. Not clutch? How bout 3 game winners last season? How bout taking the whole season on his shoulders driving in and making the And 1 against the Spurs? How bout swishing the free throw right after? How bout his 50 against the Suns? He never once whined about the refs to the media or anything like that. He has taken the BS loss as motivation, stepping up his game and flat out carrying this team to a 41-9 record thus far.

You don't know what you are talking about so why don't you go back to the Heat board with the rest of the non-basketball knowing fans? Anyone who's user name is atoinettewalker isn't worth taking seriously. Go back to the Heat board and quit trolling. We like talking intelligent basketball on this board.

i'll agree that dirk is clutch but he wasn't clutch when it counted. he wasn't clutch at the time his team needed it the most. dirk has had plenty of game winners but at the end of the day, you're remembered for what happened in the end and all everyone remembers is how he choked in the finals last year. this year is different as it is obvious the mavericks are a great team and dirk is in serious contention for the MVP award. this year looks to be the year where dirk will make up for his performance in last year's finals.

go back to the heat board? lol, i'm not even a heat fan. you may think so because antoine is on the heat now but i've been a fan of his ever since his days at kentucky and his tenure with the celtics.

Dirkadirkastan
02-10-2007, 03:11 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to antoinewalker again.

Damn, happens with negs, too.

kriD
02-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Nowitzki won't comment on Wade's criticism

Cuban defends Dirk after Wade criticizes his Finals play

12:38 AM CST on Saturday, February 10, 2007
By TIM MacMAHON / The Dallas Morning News
tmacmahon@dallasnews.com

Dirk Nowitzki declined to respond to pointed criticism from NBA Finals MVP Dwyane Wade.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was more than willing to speak – or blog, actually – for his star.

Wade ripped Nowitzki to Heat beat writers Thursday. Wade questioned Nowitzki's leadership skills, citing his mediocre performance in clutch moments during the Finals.

"Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year," Wade said in published reports. "But he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

Nowitzki said after the Mavericks' win over the Rockets that he wasn't going to get in a back-and-forth trash-talking exchange with Wade. Nowitzki acknowledged that Wade's comments would serve as motivation.

Cuban blasted Wade in a post on blogmaverick.com Friday afternoon. Cuban made thinly veiled remarks about the officiating in the Finals and criticized Wade's leadership ability.

"You are an amazing player, Dwayne," Cuban wrote, intentionally misspelling Wade's first name. "I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is nonexistent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills ... well, you obviously have an overinflated value of your own."

Coach Avery Johnson also stuck up for Nowitzki, saying he was a leader with a history of hitting clutch shots. Johnson, however, said Wade's comments weren't worth getting worked up about.

"It's a guy's opinion, man," Johnson said. "He's won. He's the champion. Everyone's trying to dethrone them. ... When you win, I guess you can say whatever you want to say."

kriD
02-10-2007, 06:47 AM
D-Wade's cheap shot is air ball against Nowitzki

By Ray Buck
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Somebody needs to drug-test Dwyane Wade. Or laugh in his face.

The Miami Heat guard's incredibly inane dig at Dirk Nowitzki came off as being either hallucinatory or just plain tripe that Wade wanted to get out there.

If he was trying to be funny, he wasn't.

If he was trying to irk Dirk, he failed miserably.

Apparently hauling around suppressed feelings since June, Wade was quoted in Friday's Miami Herald: "You're remembered for what you did at the end.... Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

What? No cheap shots about fresh buzzcuts or David Hasselhoff?

"I really got nothing to say to that," Nowitzki said. "We're not going back and forth. I don't really know why [Wade] said those things. He won the Finals, so it's over. They were the best team.

"More than anything, this is going to motivate me even more... [and] hopefully, we'll get that rematch [in the Finals]."

The Mavs' next home game -- Feb. 22 -- is against D-Wade and the Heat. You might circle that one.

Wade's idiotic remarks came following a Thursday practice in Cleveland.

Out of one side of the mouth, he termed Dirk's demise the result of great Heat defense. Out of the other side, he said Dirk "wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be."

Which was it?

Wade -- Finals MVP in a series that Miami won in six games, including the last four in a row -- has dubbed himself and LeBron James as players who know how to finish. Not Dirk.

You knew Mark Cuban wasn't going to be mum on this one.

"I hope Dwayne [sic] Wade was misquoted in an article [Friday] in the Miami Herald," Cuban blogged on www.blogmaverick.com. "I know the Herald has issues with accuracy, and they are still probably looking for the boat I don't own in Miami."

Cuban, who debunked that story last summer, said the newspaper probably got it right this time.

I think we can all agree that Wade made a fool of himself, without help from anyone.

The Miami reporter even tried to cover for him by prefacing Wade's remarks this way: "[He] usually is selective with his criticisms of opposing players."

Cuban blogged Wade directly: "You are an amazing player.... I love watching you shoot free throws."

That's because in Game 5 of the Finals, Wade had as many free-throw attempts as the entire Mavericks team -- 25. In Game 6, Wade scored 11 of his 36 points in the fourth quarter, going to the line 21 times to the Mavs' 23 in the deciding game.

In Miami, they still think Nowitzki failed to give the Heat enough credit for winning the title. Maybe Dirk didn't smile enough after Game 6 for their liking.

Whatever. Coach Avery Johnson on Friday called Wade's remark "surprising," especially by today's NBA standards. It's Avery's opinion that players are a bit "too friendly" compared to when he played.

Said Johnson: "First of all, we [Mavs] don't talk. We have more respect than that for our opponents.... We don't want to show a guy up."

Johnson said he used disparaging comments as a player as motivation.

"I couldn't wait to play against anyone who doubted my ability," he said. "Dirk is already a highly motivated player. He's a solid leader."

Killer instinct?

"He's got it," Johnson said of his 7-foot All-Star. "If anyone has been watching us... [they know] Dirk's already got it."

Obviously, Wade isn't paying attention.

"You don't have a clue," Cuban blogged to Wade, adding that the Miami guard has an "overinflated value" of his own leadership skills.

If you are wondering if Wade's comments might get inside Dirk's head... don't.

"Dirk is never bothered, one way or the other," said Mavs assistant coach Del Harris. "Praise doesn't faze him. Neither does criticism. He's brilliant."

Nowitzki has fortress walls surrounding his psyche, say those who know him best.

Mavs equipment man Al Whitley, who is as close to Nowitzki as anyone on the team, said, "Dirk may hear people in here talking about [Wade] but he doesn't care to read it. He doesn't need added motivation. Nobody motivates himself more than Dirk."

Mavs center Erick Dampier said, "We know who our leaders are on this team. When Dirk's on the floor, we know the ball is pretty much going to run through him. If he's not going, then we don't go."

I pulled out the NBA Dictionary. That pretty much sums up leader, finisher, whatever you want to call it.

"Trust me," said Harris, "there's not a coach in this league that wouldn't hand the ball to Dirk for a last shot."

Harris paused a moment.

"I don't know how you say 'aw, shucks' in German... but that's the kind of guy Dirk is," Harris added. "Only in the last two or three years has he accepted the fact that he's actually a good player."

D-Wade ought to be ashamed.

This is one shot he missed.

purplefrog
02-10-2007, 08:53 AM
I am puzzled by the timing of Wade's remark. The Mavs shouldn't even be on his radar screen until after the All-Star game when the Heat come to Dallas. Why now? I'm wondering if all of this bad press he has been getting lately (player after player, coach after coach, owner after owner saying he get's too many calls) is beginning to get into his psyche a little bit. Deep down the guy has got to know they are right on. Very immature comment by a superstar.. oh well, it's his problem....

StackAttack
02-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Cuban's blog:

dude1394
02-10-2007, 10:36 AM
It's a pretty asinine thing to say about dirk, but then to say that Lebron somehow DOES have that "leadership" is beyond stupid. That's why I stand by my bigot statement.

scorched03
02-10-2007, 11:34 AM
why does a good to great player (made great by refs) have to trash another great player.
more to lose than gain.

another reason to like him less

dirno2000
02-10-2007, 12:11 PM
It's a pretty asinine thing to say about dirk, but then to say that Lebron somehow DOES have that "leadership" is beyond stupid. That's why I stand by my bigot statement.

That probably has more to do with the fact that Lebron is his close friend than it does him being black. I don't see where there's any basis for calling him a bigot besides the fact that he doesn't like Dirk.

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
That probably has more to do with the fact that Lebron is his close friend than it does him being black. I don't see where there's any basis for calling him a bigot besides the fact that he doesn't like Dirk.
i dont think hes a bigot but he is an idiot and an ass. what i dont get is how the media is stupid enough to fall for his obviously faked injuries.

V2M
02-10-2007, 12:18 PM
what i dont get is how the media is stupid enough to fall for his obviously faked injuries.

Just the same way the refs fall for his obvious flops!

dirno2000
02-10-2007, 12:30 PM
i dont think hes a bigot but he is an idiot and an ass. what i dont get is how the media is stupid enough to fall for his obviously faked injuries.

I don't think that media cares weather he's injured or not. They just want a good story. You don't have to look much further than the recent MVP voting to see that.

birdsanctuary
02-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Oooh that's good... Keep talking Wade!

atrewsfan
02-10-2007, 01:13 PM
If Dirk, you know, the target of Wade's comments, could care less about them, why should we?

dude1394
02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
If Dirk, you know, the target of Wade's comments, could care less about them, why should we?

I'm sure dirk does care about his comments. Who wouldn't. He's not going to get all bitchy about it (like diva) but he'll do what he always does. Pick up his lunch pail, come to work and get another win while diva loses again. Maybe diva will show enough leadership to get his team to a winning record.

I wish nothing but bad luck on that dude.

Dirkenstien
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Cuban is brilliant.

Big Shot Rob
02-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Is there any way that we could somehow give Doc probation and let him come in for at least just this thread?

Nemesis
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I think Diva's true colors are finally shining through..

He is a jerk.

You can make all the comercials you want about saving inner city kids but good people don't show the types of things they do for other people. That is why I have a high respect for Oprah. She does so much stuff and never even talks about it, much less, makes a freaking commercial about it.

kingmalaki
02-10-2007, 03:12 PM
No one EVER gives him credit for this one. It's just Ginobili, Ginobili, Ginobili. Of course, if the Spurs definitely would have won if he didn't foul, then Dirk definitely wouldn't have taken the ball to the hole, right? The quick two was the right play anyway, with the and1 in mind as a possibility.

Dirk actually made all FIVE huge free throws in the last ten seconds of several games in the Spurs series. But nooooo, nobody will remember that, just the one he missed when he had a 2-0 series lead. Also, if the scorer's table didn't make their convenient mistake with under a minute to play in that game, there would have been around 8 seconds left on the clock, not 3.4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJCOSPdA7jc

Notice how Wade throws the ball in the Dallas basket while the clock is running.

Those were all big moments. Unfortunately, no one remembers all the big ones if you mess up in the end. Until you win it's all about what happened last, or on the biggest stage.

See Peyton Manning. Even though he still had poor games this postseason, no one is calling him a choker anymore since he finally won. It just so happens that Dirk messed up in the playoffs. The Mavs are playing great this year and he still has time to make up for it.

nashtymavsfan13
02-10-2007, 03:19 PM
i'll agree that dirk is clutch but he wasn't clutch when it counted. he wasn't clutch at the time his team needed it the most. dirk has had plenty of game winners but at the end of the day, you're remembered for what happened in the end and all everyone remembers is how he choked in the finals last year. this year is different as it is obvious the mavericks are a great team and dirk is in serious contention for the MVP award. this year looks to be the year where dirk will make up for his performance in last year's finals.

The Mavs were a great team last year, Dirk was in contention for the MVP last year, he stepped up his game when his team needed him most all year. Yes, he had a bad Finals but I wouldn't call it choking. Everyone has bad games. Dirk didn't have a single bad game throughout the playoffs, so to have a subpar Finals isn't horrible. Yes, he didn't step it up, but with decent officiating it would have been a sweep.

WurzburgBorn
02-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Forgive me if it's already been posted and I just didn't see it, but Dirk and Avery are really making DWade look like a spoiled brat and it makes me smile. ;)

""I really got nothing to say to that," Nowitzki said. "We're not going back and forth. I don't really know why [Wade] said those things. He won the Finals, so it's over. They were the best team."

"Said Johnson: "First of all, we [Mavs] don't talk. We have more respect than that for our opponents.... We don't want to show a guy up."

Underdog
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Mavs 41-9, Heat 24-26

I wonder why Wade is pissed?

LRB
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Boy Wade sure looked like a stud leader while his team was getting their collective arses kicked last night. I mean look how he inspired them to score 52 points on 37.5% shooting. Wade also showed great leadership in leading the team with 7 turnovers.

The Heat ended up losing a screaker to the Cavs. Of course this was really the fault of his teammates Kevin Fehr, Ken Mauer, and Rodney Mott who really put in an exceptionally poor performance. It's really unfair to expect Wade to play well without Steve Javie level teammates available.

Also, it's not as if the Heat have to worry about fighting to make the playoffs. They hold a humongous 1/2 game lead on New Jersey for the 8th playoff spot in the ultracompetitive east. Dirk obviously doesn't compare to Wade in leadership since 8 teams have completed 50 games with better records than the Mavs 41-9 in the history of hte NBA and 10 others have tied it. So Dirk's Mavs tied with 10 other teams for 9th place while Wade's team is all alone in 8th place.

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Boy Wade sure looked like a stud leader while his team was getting their collective arses kicked last night. I mean look how he inspired them to score 52 points on 37.5% shooting. Wade also showed great leadership in leading the team with 7 turnovers.

The Heat ended up losing a screaker to the Cavs. Of course this was really the fault of his teammates Kevin Fehr, Ken Mauer, and Rodney Mott who really put in an exceptionally poor performance. It's really unfair to expect Wade to play well without Steve Javie level teammates available.

Also, it's not as if the Heat have to worry about fighting to make the playoffs. They hold a humongous 1/2 game lead on New Jersey for the 8th playoff spot in the ultracompetitive east. Dirk obviously doesn't compare to Wade in leadership since 8 teams have completed 50 games with better records than the Mavs 41-9 in the history of hte NBA and 10 others have tied it. So Dirk's Mavs tied with 10 other teams for 9th place while Wade's team is all alone in 8th place.
its good to have LRB back.

stoble
02-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm calling it Kobe syndrome... Remember when Kobe turned into the cockiest player in the NBA? Wade is now that guy but with less credentials.

Big Shot Rob
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Dirk was really smart in not getting into all this bs.

Dirk is class.

Wade is an ass.

Refs gave Wade all the calls

Because that damn Wiesel don't have no balls

Dirk doesn't get wrapped up by all this back and forth thing

He's too busy preparing to win a ring...

DarenG
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9987012

Wade might have woken up on the wrong side of bed on Thursday when he proclaimed that Dirk Nowitzki cost his Dallas Mavericks the championship last season. The attack came as a delayed response to Nowitzki's inference that Dallas handed Miami its title last June, a claim that has been made seemingly all season.

In response, Wade broke out the following:

"Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year," Wade said Thursday. "But he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

Not the leader they needed you to be, huh? How emasculating. What Wade is saying is that Nowitzki failed his guys, and indeed, if memory serves correctly, I do recall Nowitzki being unable to take the best team in the 2006 Finals to the promised land. In Game 5 of the series, long after the Mavericks coughed up the double-digit Game 3 fourth-quarter lead that changed the series, Nowitzki was at the line in a tie game and missed a free throw that would've given Dallas the advantage and perhaps changed the outcome of the contest. Instead, Wade went on to score the final two of his 17 fourth-quarter points to send the game to overtime, and then ultimately helped Miami take a 3-2 lead back to Dallas.

Wade took his game to another level. Nowitzki did not. Both understand that, which is the reason Nowitzki came out so focused this season and is the popular choice for MVP to date.

It's also why Wade takes the inference that Miami was handed anything as a slap in the face. The Heat took that title. They embarrassed Dallas in South Florida, and then went into their house, took the Mavs' final punch and celebrated on their court. History will say it went down that way, and history will be right -- regardless of Nowitzki's feelings on the subject.

Even though this subject should be water under the bridge, Wade provided a not-so-friendly reminder that he's the new bad ass in town. He's digging into people the way Michael Jordan once did, and if you believe many around the league, he's getting the same type of favorable treatment from officials that No. 23 once got.

The Wade rules. That's what this is all about.

It's exciting, too, because it's this type of banter that sparks rivalries and supplies the type of soap opera theme that adds to the spectacle of the sport. Now, both Wade and Nowitzki will have to field questions about their budding feud in Las Vegas. Any time their teams meet, these comments will be brought up.

At the end of the day, any way you slice it, it's Wade 1, Dirk 0.
The only way Nowitzki can alter history is to hope the two meet on the court in another NBA Finals. Until then, he's been silenced -- viciously.

WurzburgBorn
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
What a joke. Dirk showed class. Wade showed himself a spoiled brat, and the sports media bends over backwards to sell another bs story about Wade, the man, the brand, the legend.

Nemesis
02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Anybody ready for the playoffs? Oh yeah..I can't wait.

cshedd
02-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Can someone watch the same tapes I'm watching? If Dirk received the "no hands allowed" defense that Wade was privvy to, I'm sure the outcome might have been a little different. Dirk was being manhandled on the post and being denied the ball at all angles. I believe Avery referred to it in the Spurs series as "Bear-Hug" defense. Well, it was drastically worse in the Finals.... but.... everyone forgets this, including Diva. If defenders were allowed to manhandle Wade the way they do Dirk, he wouldn't have a chance.

Oh well, fuck 'em.

Windmill360
02-12-2007, 03:12 AM
The only way Nowitzki can alter history is to hope the two meet on the court in another NBA Finals. Until then, he's been silenced -- viciously.

Hey, we can't help it if the Heat can't make it into the playoffs.

Usually Lurkin
02-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm just gonna quote this, because it needs to be repeated several times every time the subject comes up.

Can someone watch the same tapes I'm watching? If Dirk received the "no hands allowed" defense that Wade was privvy to, I'm sure the outcome might have been a little different. Dirk was being manhandled on the post and being denied the ball at all angles. I believe Avery referred to it in the Spurs series as "Bear-Hug" defense. Well, it was drastically worse in the Finals.... but.... everyone forgets this, including Diva. If defenders were allowed to manhandle Wade the way they do Dirk, he wouldn't have a chance.

two images remain in my head from the finals: Dirk getting elbows to the head, and girlish touch fouls for Wade

kriD
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Nowitzki: Why did Wade get so bent out of shape?

BY KEN BERGER
Newsday Staff Correspondent
February 12, 2007

PHILADELPHIA - Dirk Nowitzki had no love for Dwyane Wade yesterday when he responded for the first time to the NBA Finals MVP's recent comments questioning his leadership.

Nowitzki, an MVP candidate for the league-leading Mavericks, struck a nerve two weeks ago when he said Dallas gave the championship to the Heat last season. Wade responded Thursday, telling Miami reporters, "He's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

Mark Cuban, the outspoken Mavericks owner, responded to Wade in his blog, saying, "You don't have a clue" about Nowitzki's leadership and telling Wade, "You obviously have an over-inflated value of your own."

Nowitzki didn't comment on the controversy until yesterday, when he spoke with Newsday before Dallas played the 76ers.

"All I said two weeks ago when we played them was, we feel like we gave them the championship," Nowitzki said. "We had a 2-0 lead, we were up 10 with a couple of minutes left in Game 3. If we win that Game 3, we have a chance to close the series out. That's really all I said, and I don't know why he got all sensitive about it."

Asked if Wade's response surprised him, Nowitzki said, "I really don't care. Hopefully, we'll get a rematch and we'll go from there."

In an interview aired yesterday, Wade said he doesn't want to go "back and forth" with Nowitzki. They'll see each other Sunday at the All-Star Game and when Dallas hosts Miami Feb. 22.

Windmill360
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Wade is a sensitive little boy isn't he?

bernardos70
02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Reminds me of Snatch: "You a sensitive boy, Tommy"

EricaLubarsky
02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I think this actually speaks volumes about Wade and his state of mind. He's obviously insecure and on top of that, immature. He's a less-talented Kobe Bryant, but Bryant has at least learned to act respectfully in public. Wade is still a little boy with a long way to go, afraid that he can never be good enough, and he knows that if it weren't for the refs and the hype he'd just be Derek Anderson.

LRB
02-12-2007, 12:14 PM

Tony Mejia, who wrote this piece of garbage article is an idiot on so many levels it's not even funny. I'm OK with saying Dirk and the Mavs have a loss in the Finals, because they didn't play anywhere near their best. But Wade was much less clutch that the refs were. DWhistle couldn't get anything going until he started getting phantom calls, and then if anyone was within 3 feet of him when he shot it was a foul. Dirk meanwhile couldn't hardly draw a foul unless blood was drawn first and it still was a given. Still the Dirk and the Mavs could have and should have played better. They still missed a lot of open shots and unforced turnovers among other things. Just playing good enough to beat the other team is not enough, they need to play good enough to dominate the other team.

So I'd give Wade 0 wins and 0 losses. The refs 1 win and 0 losses. And Dirk 0 wins and 1 loss. But even if you give Wade 1 win to Dirk's 1 loss, Dirk hardly needs to beat Wade in the finals to make up for it. Sure I'd love nothing more for the Mavs to play the Heat this June. But just because Wade sucks so bad as a leader he hasn't been able to lead his team to over .500 in more than 50 games, isn't Dirk's fault. If Wade can't get his team back to the finals, I think that says a lot more bad about him than Dirk having an off series last year in the finals and leading his team to 65+ wins and an NBA title this year.

I used to have a friend who would want to play basketball until his team got ahead and then quit and claim victory. You might have 4 times as many points, but after 6 hours or so you'd just have to go and either quit or got so tired his team would out score you. If you quit he claimed victory because you quit before the game was decided. If he outscored you, then he'd quit and claim victory. That's the same ignorant logic that Mejia tries to use. What a dumb@$$. I hope he enjoys his time kissing DWhistles jock.

kingmalaki
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Nowitzki: Why did Wade get so bent out of shape?
"All I said two weeks ago when we played them was, we feel like we gave them the championship," Nowitzki said. "We had a 2-0 lead, we were up 10 with a couple of minutes left in Game 3. If we win that Game 3, we have a chance to close the series out. That's really all I said, and I don't know why he got all sensitive about it."

I can see how an athlete would be offended by that statement, which basically says we gave it away...not they took it. It kinda reminds me of Leinart's "we gave it to them, we are still the best team" comments after UT beat USC in the Rose Bowl.

With that being said, Wade was still out of line for his comments.

Five-ofan
02-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I think this actually speaks volumes about Wade and his state of mind. He's obviously insecure and on top of that, immature. He's a less-talented Kobe Bryant, but Bryant has at least learned to act respectfully in public. Wade is still a little boy with a long way to go, afraid that he can never be good enough, and he knows that if it weren't for the refs and the hype he'd just be Derek Anderson.
whats funny is the stupidity of his statements. its essentially, how dare he say they gave it to us? He gave it to us by not being a leader. Umm dwyane thats kind of exactly what he said.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 05:37 PM
whats funny is the stupidity of his statements. its essentially, how dare he say they gave it to us? He gave it to us by not being a leader. Umm dwyane thats kind of exactly what he said.

yeah -- kind of like D-Wdae vehemently agreed with Dirk. that's the great irony of this whloe thing.

it wsan''t enough for D-Wdae to agree with Dirk, but he had to agree and then take a shot at Dirk. kind of like the dude is pissed because he's not getting any MVP love playing for a <500 team, so he had to take a shot to remind folks that he's wearing the ring.

nothing like a sore wniner.

'tis all I have to say on the silly subject.

WraithXx
02-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Reminds me of Snatch: "You a sensitive boy, Tommy"

haha, and he does it with the fake gay accent too

awesome movie