PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio-Orlando

Stranger
02-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Could be wrong (just following the gamecast), but it looks like Orlando just beat the Spurs on an in-bound play with .8 seconds left. Spurs have a 2 point lead, Jameer Nelson ties it with 5 seconds to go, Howard blocks Parker with .8 left, they get a timeout, and Turkoglu finds Howard for a layup on the in-bound pass. Pretty amazing.

V2M
02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
One more in the loss column to our arch enemy!

nashtymavsfan13
02-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow, Jameer and D12 had big games.

Dr.Zoidberg
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Looks like the Spurs are out of the race for first place in the southwest division. They have to pay attention that the Rockets donīt overtake them.

V2M
02-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow, Jameer and D12 had big games.

Yep, great games by both... 30pts (11-14) for D12 and 31pts (12-20) for Jameer!!

V2M
02-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Looks like the Spurs are out of the race for first place in the south west conference. They have to pay attention that the Rockets donīt overtake them.

The way they are playing lately... I'd say the Rockets would easily finish ahead of 'em.

V2M
02-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Could be wrong (just following the gamecast), but it looks like Orlando just beat the Spurs on an in-bound play with .8 seconds left. Spurs have a 2 point lead, Jameer Nelson ties it with 5 seconds to go, Howard blocks Parker with .8 left, they get a timeout, and Turkoglu finds Howard for a layup on the in-bound pass. Pretty amazing.

It was an alley-oop!

vjz
02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
The Spurs were leading by 18 at one point!

Stranger
02-09-2007, 09:01 PM
It was an alley-oop!

Wow, awesome! I think Andrew Bogut and the Bucks beat them the same way last year.

TheBlueVan
02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
JJ Redick sighting!

mqywaaah
02-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Way to go for Orlando!

Dirkadirkastan
02-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Looks like this year it will be Popovich causing the Orlando locker room yelling incident.

Thespiralgoeson
02-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Honestly, this all makes me a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I do so enjoy seeing the Spurs sucking so badly, but I'm also a little disappointed. As the season started, the media did everything in its power to hype up the Mavs/Spurs rivalry, but the Spurs just aren't there anymore. I miss last years rivalry like I miss the Mavs/Kings rivalry. I know the Mavs/Spurs rivalry isn't completely dead, but the Spurs just suck these days.

dude1394
02-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I think this means the spurts will have to make some sort of move this year.

Jerry Stackhouse
02-10-2007, 01:26 AM

Well, that was one of the most ferocious lay-ups I've ever seen. He also had a nice "deflection" on Parker's game-winning attempt.

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 02:19 AM
more dirt on the myth of tim duncan the best defender in the nba.

Dirkadirkastan
02-10-2007, 03:15 AM
Honestly, this all makes me a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I do so enjoy seeing the Spurs sucking so badly, but I'm also a little disappointed. As the season started, the media did everything in its power to hype up the Mavs/Spurs rivalry, but the Spurs just aren't there anymore. I miss last years rivalry like I miss the Mavs/Kings rivalry. I know the Mavs/Spurs rivalry isn't completely dead, but the Spurs just suck these days.

Don't worry, the rivalry will be back if they meet in the playoffs.

purplefrog
02-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I think this means the spurts will have to make some sort of move this year.

I agree. I can't believe the Spurs will stick with what they have now.

The Crippler
02-10-2007, 09:28 AM
That dunk was indeed ferocious. Howard's a man-child for real!

Dirkenstien
02-10-2007, 01:32 PM
That alley-oop dunk to win the game may be the play of the year! And the block on the other end by Howard that led to the alley-oop was unreal...the guy get so high.

I don't know what all this feeling sorry for the Spurs is, though. They're still a great team that could win the entire thing. Let's not drop our guard on these guys just yet.

If Miami can do it, ANYONE can do it.

Big Boy Laroux
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
more dirt on the myth of tim duncan the best defender in the nba.

dead on 5-0. he just LOST howard. howard is a freakin' beast. how do you just lose the guy? and he didn't even TRY to jump to deflect the pass. granted, no way he would have gotten up as high as howard, but still, you gotta try.

nice redick sighting indeed!

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
dead on 5-0. he just LOST howard. howard is a freakin' beast. how do you just lose the guy? and he didn't even TRY to jump to deflect the pass. granted, no way he would have gotten up as high as howard, but still, you gotta try.

nice redick sighting indeed!
What was funny was hearing the announcers "thats not bad D by timmy, he just cant jump with howard" actually its really horrible D and if dirk nowitzki has done it all we would have heard was how that separates him from duncan. The problem is that as you mentioned LOSING howard was the bad D, not getting out jumped. In that situation the only play that is truly dangerous from a guy like howard is an alley-oop. just box him out like its a rebound.

ocelot_ark
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that, yeah, the Howard alley-oop to beat the spurs is the most impressive play of the year.

Underdog
02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
TIMMAH!!!

rakesh.s
02-10-2007, 06:47 PM
all he had to do was box him out when the ball was in the air, and the game was over..

this is just like the play earlier in the year when timmy got dunked on by Lebron..he went stumbling back AND the ball bounced off his head.

Big Shot Rob
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't know--

That loss hurt like hell...still does.

I've seen that play a few times on ESPN-- I think it was a combination of a great play by Dwight Howard and probably less than stellar Defense by Tim.

Still--with a vertical leap like that--there may not have been much that anyone could so.

I still think the Spurs can defeat the Suns in a seven game series, but unfortunately, unless the Front Office comes off with some kind of deal, I would think the Mavs would beat the Spurs in a seven game series without much effort.

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't know--

That loss hurt like hell...still does.

I've seen that play a few times on ESPN-- I think it was a combination of a great play by Dwight Howard and probably less than stellar Defense by Tim.

Still--with a vertical leap like that--there may not have been much that anyone could so.

I still think the Spurs can defeat the Suns in a seven game series, but unfortunately, unless the Front Office comes off with some kind of deal, I would think the Mavs would beat the Spurs in a seven game series without much effort.
Once he let howard get around him and elevate he was screwed. Theres nothing anyone but Chandler or Josh Smith could do at that point. Those are the only two guys i can think of that could get up enough to try to steal it(amare pre knee injury too) but the problem is that he let himself get in that position in the first place. Which is reflective of one of the problems with his D ive been pointing out. He has lost ALOT of lateral quickness.