PDA

View Full Version : Atl and Pho

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 11:17 PM
The lowly atl has a late lead on Pho..anyone else following?

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 11:18 PM
7 point lead with just over 3 minutes left.. too bad atl missed a couple of recent FT's...

TheBlueVan
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
i cant hold my breath, phx does a good job of sneaking out with these wins

rmacomic
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey murph we're donig this one at the end of the GDT.
Should we move over here?

Murphy3
02-09-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't care.... I hadn't been in the GDT..I can go over there just fine.

dirno2000
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Can't expect them to win without Steve Nash can you?

The Crippler
02-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Phx is one back injury away from done.

GermanFan
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Atlanta won :)

djb
02-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Does it get ANY better than this? Mavs win while the Spurs, Rockets, Lakers, Heat, and Suns all lose. It's like Christmas in Feb..

Stranger
02-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Mavs blowout win... losses by the Suns, Spurs, Rockets, and Heat. Doesn't get any sweeter.

dude1394
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Yippee...

LRB
02-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Suns = most overated team in basketball

Look for many more losses to follow.

mqywaaah
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
ATL is where its at!!!

TripleDipping
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
This is a glorious night for a Mavs fan.

nashtymavsfan13
02-10-2007, 12:41 AM
This night couldn't have gone any better for the Mavs.

mqywaaah
02-10-2007, 12:42 AM
And trolls as well. :)

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 03:20 AM
Josh smith and joe johnson were incredible. Imagine them with a pg like paul. Too bad he wasnt there when the hawks drafted....Oh right.....

dirno2000
02-10-2007, 02:22 PM
While Atlanta probably gave up too much for Joe Johnson, we sould be thanking our lucky stars that we don't have to deal with him anymore. Raja Bell is a nice player but he's mostly just a spot up shooter. Joshson is bigger, he's a better shooter and he can beat you off the dribble and finish at the rim. I really like his game.

Dirkenstien
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah I can't imagine Johnson still playing in Phoenix...geesh.

This is a bitter-sweet for me. I want Phoenix to lose but I just want them to lose WITH Nash so to hurt his MVP chances. Dirk really deserves it this year.

WurzburgBorn
02-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Josh smith and joe johnson were incredible. Imagine them with a pg like paul. Too bad he wasnt there when the hawks drafted....Oh right.....

Cold. They will never be able to live that down. Every NBA fan, commentator, writer, and coach knew as soon as the Hawks passed on Paul for yet another small forward, that it was just stupid, stupid, stupid.

Five-ofan
02-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Cold. They will never be able to live that down. Every NBA fan, commentator, writer, and coach knew as soon as the Hawks passed on Paul for yet another small forward, that it was just stupid, stupid, stupid.
honestly if they had drafted paul and kept harrington i think they would be battling for home court in the east right now

paul
jj
josh smith
harrington
pachulia

thats arguably the best starting lineup in the east outside of detroit. plus i would hate to play that team.

Underdog
02-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Phoenix loses to Atlanta? It must be the second half of the season! Those injuries are going to pile up between now and the Playoffs - losing without Nash is like losing without Stoudamire is like losing without Marion... From now until the post season, one of those guys will be playing injured (Father Time doesn't have much concern for MVP status...)

:D

kingmalaki
02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Losses like this help the Nash for MVP argument..........

Underdog
02-10-2007, 05:31 PM

True - he can use any crutch he can get...

A third MVP award with no rings would be sweet indeed...

V2M
02-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Who's better, a guy who doesn't play due to an injury and his team loses... OR a guy who plays through injury and helps his team win?!

kingmalaki
02-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Who's better, a guy who doesn't play due to an injury and his team loses... OR a guy who plays through injury and helps his team win?!

The second guy, as long as he doesn't hur himself more in the long run (ala Grant Hill).

DarenG
02-11-2007, 12:15 AM

That's a loaded question. Is the guy who plays through the injury able to do so without further injury (meaning the injury can't really get worse while playing)? If the injury will get worse from playing (like Steve's injury) then this question doesn't apply to him.

How does a guy who's injury will get worse and plays through it...make him better? It would just make him stupid!

V2M
02-11-2007, 02:41 AM
I was specifically hinting at how few games Dirk misses regardless of how many injuries he may suffer. This year alone, there were at least 2 fairly serious ankle injuries where lesser mortals could have missed at least 3 weeks each time. Dirk just played through in pain for the benefit of the team. Now why doesn't he get credit for that in consideration for the MVP, while Nash gets credit 'cuz PHX loses a game or two when he doesn't play.

Aren't all teams at a huge disadvantage any time a key player is missing? So why should Nash get any extra MVP consideration when PHX loses without him?! That logic just doesn't make any sense to me!!

Thespiralgoeson
02-11-2007, 02:46 AM
I was specifically hinting at how few games Dirk misses regardless of how many injuries he may suffer. This year alone, there were at least 2 fairly serious ankle injuries where lesser mortals could have missed at least 3 weeks each time. Dirk just played through in pain for the benefit of the team. Now why doesn't he get credit for that in consideration for the MVP, while Nash gets credit 'cuz PHX loses a game or two when he doesn't play.

Aren't all teams at a huge disadvantage any time a key player is missing? So why should Nash get any extra MVP consideration when PHX loses without him?! That logic just doesn't make any sense to me!!

It doesn't make sense, V2M, but that's just the way people think. Remember in 05, Nash was out for 7 games or so, and they lost all 7. I think that was when people started to consider him a serious MVP canidate. (What those people didn't realize was that Barbosa was also injured, and the Suns were playing with no point guard at all.)

chumdawg
02-11-2007, 03:53 AM
It doesn't make sense, V2M, but that's just the way people think. Remember in 05, Nash was out for 7 games or so, and they lost all 7. I think that was when people started to consider him a serious MVP canidate. (What those people didn't realize was that Barbosa was also injured, and the Suns were playing with no point guard at all.)Yeah, but at that time no one figured Barbosa was any better than, say, Darrell Armstrong.

And when you really think about it, Spiral--I mean, philosophically and all--when you play without Nash aren't you *always* playing with no point guard at all?

Rock me!

V2M
02-11-2007, 08:58 AM
"Boston was 10-14 before Pierce's injury, but has gone 2-22 since he last played on Dec. 20."

Pierce is averaging 26pts, 7rebs and 4asts this year AND Boston can't win without him... he must be the MVP!!!

dude1394
02-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah, but at that time no one figured Barbosa was any better than, say, Darrell Armstrong.

And when you really think about it, Spiral--I mean, philosophically and all--when you play without Nash aren't you *always* playing with no point guard at all?

Rock me!

Again that's why dirk is MVP. Best record in the league without a point guard. DANG!