PDA

View Full Version : Spurs versus Heat

Big Shot Rob
02-10-2007, 09:29 PM
1. Can we get any vchip action before the game tomorrow?

2. Any predictions?

nashtymavsfan13
02-11-2007, 12:49 AM
1. Next time, the best way is to just PM U2 and ask him to start a vBookie thread for the game and he'll decide if the game is worthy of it. If you do it like this, it risks that a mod won't see it and the vBookie might not get started.

2. The Spurs win easily, by 12.

V2M
02-11-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll be rooting for the Spurs...

Big Shot Rob
02-11-2007, 01:01 AM
1. Next time, the best way is to just PM U2 and ask him to start a vBookie thread for the game and he'll decide if the game is worthy of it. If you do it like this, it risks that a mod won't see it and the vBookie might not get started.

2. The Spurs win easily, by 12.

Thanks for the advice--I hope your prediction is right!

u2sarajevo
02-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Thanks nashty... you are spot on in that is the best way to request a vbookie (via PM).

No biggie though BSR. It just makes less threads necessary (less clutter).

And let's all hope that DWade gets kicked by Bowen. (just kidding)

rakesh.s
02-11-2007, 01:06 AM
spurs will win and then everyone will start talking about how the spurs would've won the title last year if ginobili hadn't fouled dirk.

nashtymavsfan13
02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanks nashty... you are spot on in that is the best way to request a vbookie (via PM).

No problem man, and that would be awesome haha :D

LonghornDub
02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I really hope the Spurs win. The Spurs need to get their act together and get the 3 (or 2) seed. I don't wanna be playing them in the 2nd round.

FINtastic
02-11-2007, 02:16 AM

No biggie though BSR. It just makes less threads necessary (less clutter).

I concur on the last part. If there ever was a game where I wouldn't mind some good-old-fashioned Bruce Bowen thuggery, this would be it.

chumdawg
02-11-2007, 02:47 AM
And let's all hope that DWade gets kicked by Bowen. (just kidding)We got soft, man. We got soft.

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:01 PM
game time

go Spurs... kill those stupid bitch whores from miami

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
the last time I rooted for the Spurs, they killed the Suns 4 - 1 in the 2005 WCF

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
good shot Duncan

and 1

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Ill take the spurs by 32 :)

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 12:12 PM
You know when i talk about duncan not being what he once was defensively? Its things like this.

u2sarajevo
02-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Oberto looks like Grizzly Adams

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:19 PM
how the F*** do the refs not call those 2 straight offensive fouls on Shaq?

Lord, I hate miami so much

dude1394
02-11-2007, 12:21 PM

Shaq is the reason I quit watching basketball in the 90's. I just do not understand how you can push people out of the way and it not be a foul.

Ridiculous.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 12:21 PM

just wait, i guarantee you timmy will do the same thing and get a defensive foul out of it at some point this series. I hate miami and want the spurs to win but outside of wade, tim duncan is the player that most relies on officiating in the nba.

SeriousSummer
02-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I feel like I ought to root for the Heat--the Spurs being the Mavs division rivals and all,

but I can't.

I hate Miami too much.

Go Spurs!

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:32 PM
wade is such a... throws the basketball down after calling a timeout b/c his was double teamed and cornered like the that he is

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:33 PM
and wade misses his 1st free throw... what a loser

u2sarajevo
02-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Miami can't sell out a game against the Spurs? Aren't they the Champions?

dude1394
02-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Which guy hits the deck more diva or ginobbli? Ginobbli has given up his crown at top floppette.

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 12:37 PM
offensive foul on wade... is this the first fair game called in miami in the history of dwyane wade?

u2sarajevo
02-11-2007, 12:39 PM
offensive foul on wade... is this the first fair game called in miami in the history of dwyane wade?It's early dude.... 4th quarter is Wade ref time. Trust me... and watch....

dude1394
02-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I have a question. So snaq catches the ball. He turns, extends his left arm and pushes the guy off him for a layup. What is the difference between that and a guy going up for a shot and pushing off with his off hand?

digit
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen the chimmy from Walker for a loooong time, now...no chimmy time in Miami anymore?!!

BTW the Blazers are eating the Wizards for lunch right now...hc +7 looks for them (and me)...

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a question. So snaq catches the ball. He turns, extends his left arm and pushes the guy off him for a layup. What is the difference between that and a guy going up for a shot and pushing off with his off hand?
the question ive always had is when hes doubled he will palm the ball with one hand and then just stiff arm with his other hand while waiting for his teammates to cut. I guess its cool if you can get away with it but how does that not get called everytime? its the most obvious call in basketball imo.

dude1394
02-11-2007, 12:48 PM
It's one thing if he kept his arm close to his body but as you said he extends it? I just don't get it to be honest.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 12:49 PM
if duncans name was dirk nowitzki these announcers would be bad mouthing his defense like there was no tommorow. hes been utterly pathetic defensively. its like watching rookie dirk right now.

ilMavvento
02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
This is a dilemma - I actually like Eddie Jones. But now he's back on the Heat. Which means I like a Heat player.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Where the hell is the T on duncan??? He complained for forever. I honestly hate that POS almost as much as I hate wade.

digit
02-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Manu is on today...come on Spurs

dude1394
02-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Does ABC EVER show replays? Do they only have one camera? Good grief, like watching diva get ready to shoot a ft is good video? I think I'd rather see a replay of the foul.

Bookit
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
This game is hard to watch. I hate both teams so very much so I guess I will root for a Heat win with a Wade injury. :)

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 01:08 PM
wow looks like dwyane wade really showed us what's up with regards to being a "leader"....

Gus
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I like how when Wade charged into Ginobilli, Wade laid on the ground grabbing his knee like he blew an ACL. Then when he figured out they called the foul on him and there was nothing he could do about it, he gets up and walks to the bench without any problem.

Also, I've been going back and forth between this game and Mythbusters. Everytime I switch back, there's Wade shooting a freethrow. And what's with the four replays of Wade bricking a 3/4 court three to end the half? Oy vey.

I don't like Wade much. In case you couldn't tell.

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 01:26 PM
you've got to be effing kidding me... Shaq shoves the defender literally 4 feet into the dribbler and there's no call, then Tim Duncan graces Shaq's arm on a dunk right afterwards and Shaq gets the And1

once again, I hate miami with devilish passion

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 01:29 PM
is there anyone else that gets a kick out of seeing dwade fall down with no call???

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 01:30 PM
is there anyone else that gets a kick out of seeing dwade fall down with no call???

*raises hand*

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 01:34 PM
this game is entertaining, wade is playing poorly and duncan is getting raped defensively.

WraithXx
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I wish I could type what I really feel about miami

I'd be banned

fluid.forty.one
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
what a flop by posey

rakesh.s
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
miami is going to come out of the east...i just hope that we can win against them in the finals this time around.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 01:54 PM
miami is going to come out of the east...i just hope that we can win against them in the finals this time around.
no they wont.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 02:00 PM
what a hypocrite.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
how does wade not get a t there???

fluid.forty.one
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm still hoping Wade gets a bowen foot to the face.

Five-ofan
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
those blocks were impressive

4cwebb
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Spurs just wilting in the 4th against DWade's offense and the Heat defense. They just look terrible on the offensive end of the floor, firing up 3s with abandon and running very little semblance of an offense.

On the Heat's end, DWade has been on fire from the perimeter, and it's trickled down to the other Heat players as the quarter has worn on...Walker has 7 in the 4th. Spurs have just looked unimpressive to me in this second half.

fluid.forty.one
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
The heat are trying so hard to get above .500.

dude1394
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Spurs have some serious, serious intestinal issues.

fluid.forty.one
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Watching Walker take open 3s is a hobby of mine.

nashtymavsfan13
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM
what a hypocrite.

Lol, yeah that interview was horrible. I was chuckling to myself the whole time. For some reason he doesn't understand that Dirk doesn't talk trash, and when Dirk says "we gave them the championship" he means the Mavs didn't play up to their potential. He has however called them the better team since they won, yet Wade doesn't understand that for some reason. Him and his "I just don't get caught up in that type of stuff, I'm not that type of guy" response, give me a break :rolleyes:

GermanFan
02-11-2007, 02:31 PM
did he got to make a three at the end :/

bernardos70
02-11-2007, 02:35 PM
The whole Spurs were terrible today, Finley stank up the joint tonight.

alexamenos
02-11-2007, 02:37 PM
the spurs are spare this year, they're three deep with a bunch of slugs eating the other minutes -- that 33 and 16, make it 17, oops make it 18 record is so very 2006....they're something like 11-9 over the last twenty and that's exactly what they look like everytime I watch them........

....they look like a slightly better than 500 team.

before the Spurs played Dallas for the third time, Timmy said, "this is a must win";
before the Spurs played Pheonix a couple of weeks ago, Timmy said, "this is a must win";
before the Spurs embarked on their Rodeo road trip, Pop said, "this road trip is a make or break situation for us."

v. Dallas -- L
v. Pheonix -- L
v. Rodeo -- 2-4

that's an astoundingly bad record for a team playing in self-proclaimed must win situations.

spurs = toast.

nashtymavsfan13
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
The Spurs are 10-10 in their last 20 games and have lost 4 of their last 5.

alexamenos
02-11-2007, 02:45 PM

yeah -- they've played 500 ball for an extended period of time AND they've completely folded in self-proclaimed make or break situations....

.....this is a team in decline.

DirkGoesNuclear
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
The whole Spurs were terrible today, Finley stank up the joint tonight.

AJ2 > Finley

4cwebb
02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
the spurs are spare this year, they're three deep with a bunch of slugs eating the other minutes -- that 33 and 16, make it 17, oops make it 18 record is so very 2006....they're something like 11-9 over the last twenty and that's exactly what they look like everytime I watch them........

....they look like a slightly better than 500 team.

before the Spurs played Dallas for the third time, Timmy said, "this is a must win";
before the Spurs played Pheonix a couple of weeks ago, Timmy said, "this is a must win";
before the Spurs embarked on their Rodeo road trip, Pop said, "this road trip is a make or break situation for us."

v. Dallas -- L
v. Pheonix -- L
v. Rodeo -- 2-4

that's an astoundingly bad record for a team playing in self-proclaimed must win situations.

spurs = toast.

The media made a big deal about the Spurs hoping to round into form on their rodeo road trip as they have done so often in the past several years...will the media even acknowledge that the Spurs are falling flat on their collective faces in this goal to round into form?

bernardos70
02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I didn't watch the whole game, I watched from mid 3rd quarter on, and I saw finley miss two three pointers in one possession, then miss another, but they were not even close. I just checked the box score and he was 1-7. But Bowen, a starter, was scoreless. They need to shake up that starting lineup. This clearly isn't working.

dude1394
02-11-2007, 02:52 PM

Wow...that is really shocking. And they are 8-12 against top 10 teams, worse than the suns 8-8. Man they have dropped off the planet it looks like.

dude1394
02-11-2007, 02:55 PM
After this folks still would rather play a ming/tracie team? I don't know, the spurts look to be really folding up tent.

Silk Smoov
02-11-2007, 02:56 PM
It's early dude.... 4th quarter is Wade ref time. Trust me... and watch....

You hit it on the head. Wade is the 2nd best 4th quarter/crunch time guy in the NBA behind Kobe. I cant hate Wade no matter what. I hate what the refs have made him, but I fault the NBA for that.

Looks like SA will be forced to make some changes in the near future. They cant compete at the next level. I dont see them doing anything worth noting unless they change there Big 3.

To me, as long as they have the current Big 3, they will not ever get better. SA will have to take a step back to get better or make a bold move with moving a Big 3 player. SA is now the 2001 Mavs team. We had our Big 3, but we had achieved as much as we could and had to step backwards to move forward. This happens to all good solid teams at some point.

Anytime you have a Big 3 like that, and have Horry/Finley/Barry/Bowen behind you, then time will not be on your side. Last year was the last year for this bunch. I dont feel they are built for the playoffs any longer as well. All I have to do is look at the B2B games for the last 2 years to see this.

Now, I can look at SA record against the Elite teams this team..

dude1394
02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Good grief has mike finley become a caricature of a basketball player. 1-7 from 3pt land. 2-9 overall. So only two shots were not 3pointers?

That team has some serious issues. If they can make 3s all day they would be tough, but they can't so they just stink it up. I'm not even sure that anyone cares if they double timmah anymore, the rest of the guys can't shoot for crapola.

They are still 3rd in the league however. It's weird...It's almost like they just have to get their 3pt shooters going and they are competitive, if they aren't they lose.

Big Shot Rob
02-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Calling the Spurs toast...

is an insult to toast...

StackAttack
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Lost 19 all of last season, have lost 18 already.

Somehow, when the season ends and the Mavs are crowned champs, I know some idiot (Tony Mejia) is going to say something like San Antonio's decline made it easier on us.

candid_snoop41
02-11-2007, 04:30 PM
ooops they did it again, they tried to play ball...

come on rivals, show us something---

Big Shot Rob
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I give up.

Today, I am about as low as I have ever been as a Spurs fan. I know how this team is old as dirt--is slow--and ...well...whatever.

But this is pathetic...just embarrassing.

dude1394
02-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Pops is right, they just aren't willing to play tough. I see way too many layups without even an attempt at a hard foul.

nashtymavsfan13
02-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Looks like SA will be forced to make some changes in the near future. They cant compete at the next level. I dont see them doing anything worth noting unless they change there Big 3.

To me, as long as they have the current Big 3, they will not ever get better. SA will have to take a step back to get better or make a bold move with moving a Big 3 player. SA is now the 2001 Mavs team. We had our Big 3, but we had achieved as much as we could and had to step backwards to move forward. This happens to all good solid teams at some point.

Anytime you have a Big 3 like that, and have Horry/Finley/Barry/Bowen behind you, then time will not be on your side. Last year was the last year for this bunch. I dont feel they are built for the playoffs any longer as well. All I have to do is look at the B2B games for the last 2 years to see this.

I think their Big 3 is fine, and can still be there core for a few more years. It's the supporting cast that needs to be changed drasticallly. They need to change from an old supporting cast to a younger one, and that's easier said than done. They need to get rid of guys like Finley, Horry and Barry and bring in some young guys. If it takes a subpar next season to become younger than for them, so be it. That's what needs to be done for them, or they will continue to take a step backward.

SeriousSummer
02-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Duncan is looking old. Ginobili isn't that young.

It's only a question of at what point San Antonio needs to start rebuilding aroung Parker. Not this year, but if I were the Spurs General Manager, then I'd be thinking about moving Duncan and Ginobili this summer for expiring contracts and either young talent or draft choices.

If you wait too long, then you won't get the return you need.

Thespiralgoeson
02-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Duncan and Manu certainly aren't spring chickens, but I think they'd be nuts to move Duncan. Their big 3 is still as good a core as any in the league. What the Spurs really need is another athletic wingman, like... Josh Howard. Bowen just isn't effective anymore. The people over at Spurstalk keep screaming for the Spurs to trade for Maggette. If they did get Maggette, or another player of that caliber, I think that'd put them right back into championship contention. They just need to get younger. They needed to get younger LAST YEAR. The Spurs' management really dropped the ball in the offseason. Duncan/Parker/Manu are a solid core, but a supporting cast of has-beens and never-was's just isn't going to cut it.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Calling the Spurs toast...

is an insult to toast...

i am anti-toast....

english muffins....don't even get me started.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
The media made a big deal about the Spurs hoping to round into form on their rodeo road trip as they have done so often in the past several years...will the media even acknowledge that the Spurs are falling flat on their collective faces in this goal to round into form?

the Spurs have made an even bigger deal about rounding into form -- Pop's quote, I wish I had it in front of me, effectively stated that the Rodeo Road Trip was a make or break deal....

that's what drives it home for me....the Spurs keep failing miserably in self proclaimed make or break situations....that's a really bad sign.

they're the '96 cowboys...........

Five-ofan
02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Duncan and Manu certainly aren't spring chickens, but I think they'd be nuts to move Duncan. Their big 3 is still as good a core as any in the league. What the Spurs really need is another athletic wingman, like... Josh Howard. Bowen just isn't effective anymore. The people over at Spurstalk keep screaming for the Spurs to trade for Maggette. If they did get Maggette, or another player of that caliber, I think that'd put them right back into championship contention. They just need to get younger. They needed to get younger LAST YEAR. The Spurs' management really dropped the ball in the offseason. Duncan/Parker/Manu are a solid core, but a supporting cast of has-beens and never-was's just isn't going to cut it.
the problem is what do they have to trade outside of the big 3? I dont see a single player that i would consider an asset outside of possibly some expiring contracts.

Thespiralgoeson
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
the problem is what do they have to trade outside of the big 3? I dont see a single player that i would consider an asset outside of possibly some expiring contracts.

You're probably right. If they want to make a significant upgrade, they'll probably have to give up some future picks. Hell, they might even wanna think about moving Manu while he still has trade value.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 04:59 PM

that's exactly right -- they don't have any attractive young players. How much would you give up for Beno Udrih??????? Their crafty older players look more old than crafty.

Five-ofan
02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
How much would you give up for Beno Udrih???????
hrmmm one of microfiber basketballs with JJBs signature on it is about as high as i would go.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
hrmmm one of microfiber basketballs with JJBs signature on it is about as high as i would go.

throw in P-Pod autographed sweatband and you've got a deal.