PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna win the East?

Thespiralgoeson
02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I think it's pretty well established that either the Mavs or Suns will win the West this year, with Utah, San Antonio, and Houston all having outside chances (some people would say LA as well, not me)

But I wonder, who will represent the Eastern Conference in the Finals this year? It's not something that's been talked about very much.

EDIT: I thought I attached a poll to this thread. Dunno what the hell happened to it. Oh well, just post your thoughts anyway.

Dirkadirkastan
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Detroit.

Dirkenstien
02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
It looks like Detroit will come out of the East on top to me. The addition of Chris Webber has helped round out their roster and they appear to be playing the best basketball in their conference. I think Orlando has to be my darkhorse pick in competing for the title, though. They're tough enough to beat anyone in the east but they need to work on becoming more consistent night in and night out.

Five-ofan
02-12-2007, 04:57 PM
gotta go with the fighting lebrons on this one. They are the best defensive team in the east and when he feels like playing, lebron can still do things no one else in the nba can do.

WurzburgBorn
02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I'll take Detroit as well.

Thespiralgoeson
02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
It is quite interesting what an impact Webber has had with the Pistons. At this point I'd say it's a toss up between the Pistons and Cavs, but I still think a healthy Heat team could win that conference. The East is just wide open right now. I think down the road even a team like Indiana could make a run at it.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Dee-troit
bask-et-ball

Five-ofan
02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I know he was playing prime shaq a large portion of those years but if prime cwebb who was as physically gifted as ANYONE who has ever played basketball couldnt get it done i just dont see old cwebb getting it done. i just dont see them beating the cavs.

fluid.forty.one
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Chicago

Darke
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Bulls are my choice too

RingTheBell
02-12-2007, 05:36 PM
The Bulls.

AxdemxO
02-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Detroit

MFFL
02-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Miami.

The Heat have been in the Eastern finals for two straight years and would have won it twice except for an untimely injury.

The playoffs in the East are a slow-it-down, half-court, hammer-the-ball-inside style. Ain't nobody in the East that can do it better than the Heat when they are healthy.

alexamenos
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Miami.

The Heat have been in the Eastern finals for two straight years and would have won it twice except for an untimely injury.

The playoffs in the East are a slow-it-down, half-court, hammer-the-ball-inside style. Ain't nobody in the East that can do it better than the Heat when they are healthy.

you're probably right.

tank half the season, waltz through thoroughly underwhelming opponents in conference, and maybe get lucky in the finals....makes me sick to even think about it.

Dirkadirkastan
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
It's going to be weird in 30 years when the East will suddenly dominate the West...

Tokey41
02-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Chicago, probably won't get the #1 seed unless they land Pau but still my choice down the stretch none the less.

nashtymavsfan13
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Bulls or Pistons will win the East.

jayC
02-12-2007, 08:21 PM
All Flip Saunders teams are great regular season teams, but not great postseason teams. They don't play the shut down defense they used to play.

Chicago can only win if they slash and hit open jumpers. They have no go to go in the clutch. Ben Gordon is great sometimes, okay others.

The Heat are a lot like the old laker teams. Shaq sure is old but in the East he can still dominate. Dwayne Wade is one of the most efficient players in the league.

Unless Memphis acquires a post player or a go to guy. They won't have a chance at the title. This is the year of revenge the Mavs over the Heat in five. Dirk not only wins the MVP, but the Finals MVP as well.

purplefrog
02-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Miami.

Bingo. And alexamenos is also right, I believe that's their plan and it is potentially successful because the Eastern conference teams are weak. Eddie Jones is going to help them alot and they are going to rest Shaq every chance they can for the remainder of the regular season. All they need to do is make the playoffs and they will be a force to reckon with. I think we saw the potential Heat playoff team over the weekend against the Spurs. Imo, the Pistons are the only team that will compete with them again in the playoffs. I think it is a rematch of last years finals, with a very different outcome. This time we sweep'em and Cuban can blog about Wade's "leadership" ability (or lack thereof).

Dirkgreatness
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Detroit.

Flacolaco
02-12-2007, 10:03 PM
The Harlem Globetrotters

V2M
02-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Miami

mqywaaah
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Chicago or Detrot for me. Miami? I dont think so. But witht the right help from the Stern and the refs, maybe. LOL effn fake a** champs.

Underdog
02-13-2007, 12:28 AM
The Harlem Globetrotters

I think the Washington Generals have as good a chance as anyone in the East!

;)

Jerry Stackhouse
02-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Unless Memphis acquires a post player or a go to guy. They won't have a chance at the title.

I disagree. The Grizzlies are my darkhorse pick to win it all this year.

Windmill360
02-13-2007, 03:23 AM
I pick the Edmunton Oilers.

Amir
02-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Detroit, no doubt about it.
They are playing great as of late.

digit
02-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Toronto