PDA

View Full Version : Nashless phx vs. the sonics

MavinVA
02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
70-57 Sonics in the 3rd...Go Sonics!

Nemesis
02-14-2007, 10:33 PM
The Suns are like a SNAKE. When all the parts are together they are scary as hell. But, you cut the head off and it can't find it's own ass to poop out of.

Sounds like a good game plan to me.

MavinVA
02-14-2007, 10:49 PM
God these seattle radio announcers are the worst homers i've heard yet. I thought the Indiana ones were bad but these guys are freaking insane. Dallas is really lucky to have such good radio announcers.

Seattle up 15 end of the 3rd

vjz
02-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Sonics tearing the Suns a new one

DubOverdose
02-14-2007, 11:06 PM
The Suns will be lucky if Dallas loses 4 more games the rest of the season. I'll take any breathing room we can get, regardless of how well we've been playing. The more breathing room, the more time to rest our guys come post season.

Dirkadirkastan
02-14-2007, 11:08 PM
The Suns will be lucky if Dallas loses 4 more games the rest of the season. I'll take any breathing room we can get, regardless of how well we've been playing. The more breathing room, the more time to rest our guys come post season.

It's amazing to think that the Mavs only need to finish 17-13 to match the franchise record.

capitalcity
02-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Delicious.

nashtymavsfan13
02-14-2007, 11:22 PM
I really hope Dirk plays in the second to last game, because I'm going to that game. But I'm all for him getting rest as long as he plays 4/17 :)

Flacolaco
02-14-2007, 11:23 PM
ha.

this made my night a lot better

dude1394
02-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Suns have no heart. If they can't flash and dance down the court they aren't willing to do the hard work.

Losing by 24 (with hardly a wimper) when they needed a win just shows that they can't play defense and have very little heart.

Got outrebounded by SEATTLE. Nash has nothing to do with rebounding.

TheBlueVan
02-14-2007, 11:33 PM
you know what? they have 3 injured players which everyone is using as an excuse, but i think maybe their style of play contributed to Nash's and Diaw's strains. they just are always running and jumping, and that starts to wear out the body

Windmill360
02-14-2007, 11:40 PM
FUPA!

EricaLubarsky
02-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Suns are doing their best fizzle to try to earn Nash another MVP.

NXperience
02-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Yapp it's like Dirk will get punished for playing all games to help the Mavs for a great record.
Reliability sure is a bad bad thing!!!

Five-ofan
02-15-2007, 12:36 AM
well to be fair its the nash, diaw and thomasless suns. when you have a 7 man rotation and 3 of those 7 are out its obviously gonna hurt you alot...

LRB
02-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Good news is Utah is only 4 games back of the Suns, and the spurs are only 4.5 games back. I hoping one or the other can catch the Suns and beat them out for the 2 seed in the west. Here's hoping Nancy boys shoulder continues to bug him.

chumdawg
02-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Here's hoping Nancy boy's shoulder continues to bug him.You deserve a place inside my heart.

Major freakin' props to anyone who can follow along.

mqywaaah
02-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Tsk tsk... I pity the Suns. If they're losing on purpose just to get Nash his 3rd MVP honor, then theyre not a Championship team. Theyre just in for the record books and stats and labels. Tsk tsk... Go Mavs!!!

V2M
02-15-2007, 08:08 AM
well to be fair its the nash, diaw and thomasless suns. when you have a 7 man rotation and 3 of those 7 are out its obviously gonna hurt you alot...

Exactly... and the Mavs' had a better record even before Nash left with an injury... and Dirk is already 2-0 up on Nash head-to-head!

It's crazy how the media tries to find the silliest excuse to give the MVP to Nash, yet again!! At this rate, they might as well keep giving it to him every year until he retires... and heaven forbid, if Nash ends up playing as long as Stockton did, he could end up as the first 10-time MVP...!!!

DevinHarriswillstart
02-15-2007, 08:09 AM
The fact that they give up 114 points....and Nash isn't playing.....shows really how awful that team is at defense. Marcus Banks and Leandro have enough athleticism to defend. Its pathetic. D'Antoni should take the blame for giving up that many points when your worst defender isn't even on the floor.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Good news is Utah is only 4 games back of the Suns, and the spurs are only 4.5 games back. I hoping one or the other can catch the Suns and beat them out for the 2 seed in the west. Here's hoping Nancy boys shoulder continues to bug him.

You are insulting anyone with the name Nancy. I promise anyone named Nancy plays better defense.

Flacolaco
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
I think we should help Mike, Dan, and Tony out, and put together some game film of how the Mavericks tighten the screws in the 4th quarters of games and send it on over to phx.

Is there a way to find out what Phoenix's best defensive quarter of the season was?

DubOverdose
02-15-2007, 08:22 AM
They let the Sonics shoot 54.3%. That's not going to win any games. They let Nick Collison tear them up for 22, 15, and 3. They were out rebounded by 8. When you let a team walk all over you, its not your lack of offense that's losing the game, its your shitty defense, lack of hussle, and lack of PRIDE.

Amir
02-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Fantastic, another defeat for the Suns.

purplefrog
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
you know what? they have 3 injured players which everyone is using as an excuse, but i think maybe their style of play contributed to Nash's and Diaw's strains. they just are always running and jumping, and that starts to wear out the body

I agree. And you combine the style of play with the minutes each Suns player is logging and you have an even more serious situation. The Suns have 6 players logging 30+ minues per game (Nash at 35;Bell at 38; Marion at 38; Diaw at 33; Stoudamire at 31; and Barbosa at 31). In contrast the Mavs have just 3 (Dirk at 37; Terry at 35; Howard at 35). Damp and Harris are putting in about 26 mpg, Stack about 23, George at 21, Buck at 17, and Diop at 16. So, when you take into consideration the style of play and mpg you gotta believe it takes its toll on the Suns. I heard Marc Stein on GAC yesterday say that he believes the Suns are all but conceding the #1 seed to the Mavs so they can rest Nash and some of their other players for the playoffs.

nikeball
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
i hate how experts use "since they're losing without him he has to be MVP." i think most valuable player means someone who is there all the time. constantly helping your team out to achieve its goals. like DIRK. he has done everything we asked of him. score, pass, play defense, whatever we need on a given night. AND he doesnt miss games. after he got hurt playing the sonics (in what looked to be the most terrible ankle injury ive ever seen) he came back and played the next day. and that is MOST VALUABLE to me. just because your team sucks without you does not make you most valuable. there are reasons why people dont get awards for missing (significant) amount of games. but the question is..how many is too many? if the mavs finish 67-15 or something like that and dirk doesnt win MVP. there should be hell raising.

dude1394
02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Suns are doing their best fizzle to try to earn Nash another MVP.

Good...I'll take the +4 in the standings. And I think the mavs having the best record will give the mvp to the dirkster.

TripleDipping
02-15-2007, 09:05 AM
The Suns reap what they sow and this is just a case of the chickens coming home to roost. Year after year they fail to address their problems of a thin line up. With the players logging heavy minutes playing that run-and-gun ball, injuries tend to happen.
But then again, it's hard to get quality bench players when you're close to maxing out three guys on your roster. Whenever a quality role player emerges (Joe Johnson and Tim Thomas), the Suns have no ability to match the fat contracts offered to the role players by other teams.

dude1394
02-15-2007, 09:11 AM
The Suns reap what they sow and this is just a case of the chickens coming home to roost. Year after year they fail to address their problems of a thin line up. With the players logging heavy minutes playing that run-and-gun ball, injuries tend to happen.
But then again, it's hard to get quality bench players when you're close to maxing out three guys on your roster. Whenever a quality role player emerges (Joe Johnson and Tim Thomas), the Suns have no ability to match the fat contracts offered to the role players by other teams.

It's not even a thin lineup. It's Dan-toine-e refusing to play anyone else on this team it seems. Even when he's stacked he doesn't play anyone.

LRB
02-15-2007, 10:12 AM
You are insulting anyone with the name Nancy. I promise anyone named Nancy plays better defense.

I humbly apologize to all those named Nancy.

alexamenos
02-15-2007, 10:16 AM
God these seattle radio announcers are the worst homers i've heard yet. I thought the Indiana ones were bad but these guys are freaking insane. Dallas is really lucky to have such good radio announcers.

Seattle up 15 end of the 3rd

it's something in the water up there, i suppose...Seahawks announcers are even worse than the sonics guys.

alexamenos
02-15-2007, 10:52 AM

yeah....

....imagine that, the mavs thought twice about and risking the possibility of paying excess dollars to a guy who was wearing. by blinking, they lost nash.

now, nash sits on the bench while a bunch of sun-spares lose the conference race. even if nash does win yet another MVP (but not necessarily the LOB), can we say with any certainty that the mavs thinking was wrong on the matter?

Scoobay
02-15-2007, 02:21 PM
It's not even a thin lineup. It's Dan-toine-e refusing to play anyone else on this team it seems. Even when he's stacked he doesn't play anyone.

i agree that he doesn't play anyone, but i wouldn't call them stacked - jalen rose? pat burke? sean marks? their stack is a bit short right now with injured players and it's showing. i'd say that's a pretty thin lineup.

MFFL
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
If Rose can't get off the bench when the team is DESPERATELY looking for a spark then he is going to be useless for the rest of the year.

Stranger
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Good...I'll take the +4 in the standings. And I think the mavs having the best record will give the mvp to the dirkster.

I agree. If the Mavs and Suns continue at the current pace (68 wins for the Mavs, 61 for the Suns), there is no way Dirk doesn't get the award.

TripleDipping
02-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Speaking of Rose, what happened to that guy?? I almost forgot that he's in Phoenix. I'd expect that a no-D, jump-shooting player like him will be used a lot.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I wanna keep this thread going. These are some of the best posts of the season. We are really giving it to Phoenix. I love it.

Marc Stein even said they are gonna coast it because they know they can't keep up with Dallas given our depth. Pity.

alexamenos
02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I wanna keep this thread going. These are some of the best posts of the season. We are really giving it to Phoenix. I love it.

Marc Stein even said they are gonna coast it because they know they can't keep up with Dallas given our depth. Pity.

gladly....

maybe Stein has some inside info, but it sounds like Stein (whom i generally like) is imitating a recent ESPN commercial.....

The Suns weren't conceding anything when they went 1-2 WITH Steve Nash and AFTER tying Dallas for best record in the conference. IOW, the suns didn't just start easing up, they just started getting beat.

Underdog
02-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I see all this talk about how this will increase Nash's chances for a 3rd MVP, but nobody has pointed out that Marion's & Stoudamire's All-Star nods might have been a little overrated if they can't carry their team without Nash... Sure, any team will struggle if they lose their #1 player, but when you still have TWO All-Stars on the court and the #2 record in the NBA, you're supposed to beat a .385 team like the Sonics...

alexamenos
02-16-2007, 03:26 PM
i actually thought last night that it was real shame that dirk was playing and providing so much for the team when he could have upped his MVP standing by taking the night off and watching his team get drummed.

/sarcasm

LRB
02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
The difference between Nash and Dirk is that Dirk is doing what's necessary to get his team a title, while Nash is off playing with his wife's makeup.