PDA

View Full Version : Blazers vs. Lakers

Hoopsmeister
04-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Portland ties it with 2.2 seconds left on a Wallace 3.

The Blazers have seemed on the point of completely exploding for most of the game and yet they have somehow held it together and looked almost as dangerous to others as they are to themselves.

Hoopsmeister
04-14-2002, 07:26 PM
Blazers are now up by 2 points with 4.7 left in overtime. All as a consequence of a bad pass turnover by Bryant followed by a Patterson steal off of Bryant.

OzMavs
04-14-2002, 07:28 PM
Patterson owns Kobe.

Hoopsmeister
04-14-2002, 07:31 PM
Blazers were robbed. .8 left in the game, up 2 pts, Stoudamire gets an all-ball steal and the refs called it a foul letting Fisher tie it at the free throw line.

DTL
04-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Didn't they know they had a foul to give??

DTL
04-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Steve Kerr for three! Blazers up by 7!

Drbio
04-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Hoops- I couldn't agree more...what a horrible call. Looks like the Blazers are going to win though.

Drbio
04-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Has anyone else ever noticed that when Shaq shoots a freet hrow that he has this stupid look on his face? It almost reminds me of hitting a cow with a 2x4 across the face and then the cow looks back and says "duh, what was that for?" Shaq has such a baby face.

Blazers win. Lakers choke in double OT.

Hoopsmeister
04-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Most amazing stat. Wallace played 51 minutes and didn't have 1 technical foul.

Drbio
04-14-2002, 07:52 PM
LOL Hoops. Mo Cheeks and Bill Walton are talking about that right now. They are talking about how this team can't allow the refs to control a game. Seems to me like their tempers control the game more often than the refs do.

DTL
04-14-2002, 07:55 PM
I sort of liked how Rasheed had this smile on his face throughout the game. Looks like he now understands it's just a game and he should just go out there and play ball, and they'll have a good chance of winning regardless of what the refs call.

Hoopsmeister
04-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Well, Cheeks has to be diplomatic about his players. And everyone knows Walton doesn't really know what is coming out of his mouth.

Hoopsmeister
04-14-2002, 07:57 PM
<< I sort of liked how Rasheed had this smile on his face throughout the game. Looks like he now understands it's just a game and he should just go out there and play ball, and they'll have a good chance of winning regardless of what the refs call. >>

Maybe, although I saw a few times that he came very close--like when he was called for a foul on what he thought was a block of Shaq and went circling the court with his jersey pulled down?

Drbio
04-14-2002, 08:00 PM
I thought Sheed was close to getting a tech on at least three occassions.

And everyone knows Walton doesn't really know what is coming out of his mouth.
Thank God there is someone else out there who thinks this!!!

MFFL
04-14-2002, 09:17 PM
I was really suprised that the Blazers won. That should be a very entertaining first round series.

Drbio
04-14-2002, 09:19 PM
If it holds that way...it can still change although not likely.

MFFL
04-14-2002, 09:47 PM
I heard that the Blazers were locked into the 6th seed and the Wolves were locked into the 5th seed.

Kat
04-14-2002, 11:32 PM
Was it just me? I thought the Lekers looked overwhelmed, dazed and confused. Defintely not their cocky-selves today. Lekers looked like a professional boxer in a street fight. Great game. Although I must admit, it did cross my mind that now SA,DAL, &amp; LA all hold the same record. If Dallas &amp; SA win their remaining two games and SAC wins over LA on Wed., wouldn't that put us in the first round against Portland? I don't really care except I think it would be interesting to see a first round LA-Portland series and see LA lose. Now that would be a hoot!

Drbio
04-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Kat- I would love to see the Lakers get the first round boot as well. You are correct on your scenario though. We could draw the Blazers.

DTL
04-14-2002, 11:36 PM
It's about time the Blazers knock out the Lakers in the playoffs, if only to avenge that Game 7 two years ago.

Drbio
04-14-2002, 11:37 PM
The Lakers lost all composure at the end of the game. It was great. You could see it in their eyes and their posture/ body language.

Kat
04-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Did Ole' Phil make the usual comment today that this game was more important to them than us? I didn't hear?

And dang it! I am excited! I wouldn't have believed you if you told me just two years ago we'd hold the same record with two games left in the season as the Lakers! WOW. Thank you Cuban, Nellie, Donn, etc., for giving us a great team! Kudo's to our team! You played your azz off.

DTL
04-15-2002, 12:16 AM
No excuses this time, it seems.

<< &quot;We gave it away twice -- in regulation and in the first overtime -- so I thought it was appropriate that it finished the way it did,&quot; Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. &quot;You can't have that many lives out there on the court.&quot;

&quot;We feel fine,&quot; Bryant said. &quot;It's a game that we let slip away, and we know that.&quot; >>

Of course, also in typical Laker fashion, no acknowledgement of their opponents' play, either.

Kat
04-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Phil had to dig deep into his deck for that excuse. Let's see, hummmm, he's running out of the &quot;we are the champs&quot; excuses, i.e. we just put on our championship shoes, this wasn't important to us. Ha, bad sign dear Phil. Hope you have to dig even deeper in the near future.

MavsFanFinley
04-15-2002, 01:12 AM
Thought this was pretty funny.

Blazers' fans litter court with Walton dolls

April 14, 2002

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Portland Trail Blazers fans, angry at the ejection of Scottie Pippen, tossed Bill Walton dolls and other objects onto the court during the second quarter of Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Pippen was tossed after throwing a ball deep into the crowd with 2:20 left in the period and the Lakers leading 45-42. He was incensed over a defensive 3-second call.

Pippen was issued two quick technical fouls by referee Bennett Salvatore. As he left the court, Portland's Rasheed Wallace playfully tossed a sweatband into the crowd.

A plush Bill Walton doll, given out to fans to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Blazers' 1977 title, hit the floor, and a couple dozen more followed. A ball of foil, a plastic basketball and a serving tray also flew out of the crowd.

Salvatore called a full timeout, and there were no further incidents.

scooterj5
04-15-2002, 05:59 AM
OUCH that's gotta hurt the Lakers... Losing to the Blazers with Kobe and Shaq playing a total of 99 minutes. What's really good for the Blazers and therefore us, is that they were able to come back in a clutch situation and score when it counted in front of 20,000 fans.

Nice work Portland.