PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade=MVP

Jerry Stackhouse
02-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't want to take anything away from Dirk, as he played great tonight, but watching the Heat play really gave me a newfound respect for what Dwyane Wade is able to do with that team. What are they, 1-8 without him now? I think his ability to do more with less talent is what seperates him from players like Dirk, Kobe, and Michael Jordan.

Murphy3
02-22-2007, 11:30 PM
You = idiot

AxdemxO
what r u talking about??

Tokey41
Also known as, "the Nash argument"

dillon
02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Watch, next game Kobe will punch someone and get suspended for five games and you will tell us that Kobe is the MVP ´cause they lose without him.

Kirobaito
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Considering the last time the Heat played here in a regular season game,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260209006

This argument doesn't hold much water.

jleefilled
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't want to take anything away from Dirk, as he played great tonight, but watching the Heat play really gave me a newfound respect for what Dwyane Wade is able to do with that team. What are they, 1-8 without him now? I think his ability to do more with less talent is what seperates him from players like Dirk, Kobe, and Michael Jordan.

This guy is pure comedy. Michael freaking Jordan!! hahaha

SaltwaterChaffy
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
The Jerry Stackhouse gimmick account is gold.

EricaLubarsky
02-23-2007, 12:21 AM
only problem is that with Dwyane Wade they arent a good team.

dude1394
02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Watch, next game Kobe will punch someone and get suspended for five games and you will tell us that Kobe is the MVP ´cause they lose without him.

man they lose with him too. The MVP of the lakers is Luke Walton.

Windmill360
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Kobe = mvp. because he scored 81 last season.

LRB
02-23-2007, 12:50 AM
DWhistle = MVP = Most Vocal Pansy

While the Heat might suck worse without Diva, they still suck with him. And considering that they play in the Leastern conference, that doesn't say a whole hell of a lot.

And Diva isn't close to the players Kobe and Dirk are. And as far as MJ, Diva would have to use a 10 foot step ladder just to kiss Jordan's ass.

Edit of spelling. Thanks Dirkadirkastan. :)

Dirkadirkastan
02-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Ladder, not letter, but you still have time to change that.

alexamenos
02-23-2007, 01:13 AM
larry bird for mvp. the celts haven't won a thing without him.

nashtymavsfan13
02-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Jerry, great game tonight, but you need to learn to just shut your mouth. Your too slow you couldn't even dunk it on that fast break.

Murphy3
02-23-2007, 07:16 AM
So, if you're a mediocre team with the guy but a bad team without him, that makes you automatically more valuable than a player that makes an average team without him into a team that's on pace for almost 70 wins... one of the best teams in the regular season in the history of the sport.

WurzburgBorn
02-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Devin Harris and Jason Terry, you must pass the ball to someone else before giving it to Jerry Stackhouse again.

Triple T's
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
MVP to me, rather what it should be is the most valuble player on one of the best teams in the NBA. The best all around player may not always win. Heck the best player on the team might not always get it but the award should be based on that persons impact on the teams performance and in record. The player that goes above and beyond what hes normally capable of to lead his team to victory. I think too many times people get wrapped up in a players individual talents and physical prowess rather than that players impact on a team. So what if you have the skills, but if it doesnt translate into wins, then youre just padding stats on a bad team. Yes being an MVP also means having good players on your team. Thats part of it.

Nash won it the last 2 years because he simply was the player with the most outstanding impact on a game. An MVP's impact is not just measured physically but also mentally. You cant just name Shaq every year because of that because that cheapens the award and would define it only in terms of strenth. ut what nash has done was lead his team to the WCF twice; taken a franchise from nothing to something; while improving his stats dramatically, and leading his teamates to career years in the process. Tell me thats not the definition of an MVP... Its more than just being faster, stronger, quicker or more athletically gifted than anyone else.

I mean we can all sit here and say "if you take this personout of the line up, look how bad they are"... well thats the definition of a team... Thats just one qualifier for an MVP candidate.

EricaLubarsky
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
in an old basktball magazine they had the win/loss stats for the NJ nets with Todd McCullough. The team was like 20-5 with him and 4-12 without him. Thats the definition of MVP.

jleefilled
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
in an old basktball magazine they had the win/loss stats for the NJ nets with Todd McCullough. The team was like 20-5 with him and 4-12 without him. Thats the definition of MVP.

Nice stat, EL.

If basketball teams were sports cars, Dirk would be an engine and players like McCullough was for those Nets would be the brake pedal or something. Without either, you can't reasonably operate the car, but it doesn't mean both parts are equal in value.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-23-2007, 05:38 PM
He is most valuable pansy, for sure. Yeah, Wade is so valuable because Miami was dumb enough to pay Fatoine and Jason Cancer Williams. Just because the Mavs surround Dirk decent players, doesn't take away what he does for the team. THe MVP is just the "what happens if that player gets injured" award.

Dirkadirkastan
02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I mean we can all sit here and say "if you take this personout of the line up, look how bad they are"... well thats the definition of a team... Thats just one qualifier for an MVP candidate.

That is bullcrap because it favors shallow teams. The Suns have a seven-man rotation. Take out one guy, especially an all-star, and of course they're going to struggle. Not to mention Boris Diaw was out at the same time Nash was, so that exacerbated the problem.

Dirk shouldn't be penalized just because his team is versatile and deep enough to make up for injuries. He also shouldn't be penalized just because he plays 80 games a season, so no one gets to see "how bad they are" without him. The fact that he brings his game day in, day out, should be a strength, not a weakness in the MVP campaign.

Besides, if Dirk wasn't a Mav or if Nash wasn't a Sun, or Kobe wasn't a Laker, etc., then each of those teams wouldn't just have a gap in their roster, they would have someone else in their place. So we do NOT get a good picture of what their teams would look like without them anyway.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I think we mostly agree on how stupid the MVP actually has become. I keep making that same suns point. My joke was that D'Antoni should just play 4 players, that way if one gets injured.....that player will be the mvp......cause I don't see many 3 player teams winning games. Nash winning MVP is more of an insult to Marion, AMare, Diaw and Barbosa.....players that obviously have no independence from Nash feeding them like baby chics.

I'm so glad the Mavs have a team with a focus on team work and effort, rather than everything depending on one player.

bernardos70
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Nice stat, EL.

If basketball teams were sports cars, Dirk would be an engine and players like McCullough was for those Nets would be the brake pedal or something. Without either, you can't reasonably operate the car, but it doesn't mean both parts are equal in value.

You clearly never watched the Flinstones....

jleefilled
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
You clearly never watched the Flinstones....

Haha... good one!

scorched03
02-24-2007, 01:35 AM
dwade = most valuable faker.

1) why in the world does a seperated shoulder require a wheelchair. insult to tough legends like willis reed or jackie slater that started in the super bowl with a BROKEN LEG. oh... and they had actual leg injuries. even freaking isiah had a badly twisted ankle and played a 4th quarter hobbling on it...isn't pride WALKING off the court? crying in a wheelchair is something else
2) Dwade’s ad on falling down 7 and getting up 8:
he’d have to start “down” to get up 1 extra time. well guess that means he was already down from a flop; contrary to most other NBA players that stand upright and fall down 7 and get up 7.
3) Great players shouldnt bash other great players. trash talk ok; bashing no
4) He has a great jumper; but seriously if it doesnt go in, seriously dont flop (where's that bruce bowen on francis foot defense)
5) Without the beneficial calls, how can he be the last second hero? (yes Dirk got huge FT attempts in last years playoffs, but wade FT attempts more than mavs in one of those games IIRC)
6) He was really well liked earlier in his career, but his peers and other coaches starting to grow tired of star treatment
7) Shouldnt a leader whip his guys if they suck. Wonder if he yelled at Walker and Posey when they were fat and unconditioned. Wonder if Dirk yelled at Anthony Johnson, oh but he wasnt 2/5 of the starting rotation...
8) Bottom line: wonderful talent, just going a tad overboard and acting like.... a diva?

Underdog
02-24-2007, 02:09 AM
DWade = MIP

(B-Ball 102 rules... CreditXpert 4ever y'all!)

scorched03
02-24-2007, 02:25 AM
http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/classy_full.htm
http://www.nbadraft.net/prevenas066.asp

"I can't believe he has the audacity to complain to the refs, he should be grateful for what they've done for him in his career. He is what he is today because of them." - P.J. Brown
"He gets all the calls, that's what makes him special.'' - Gerald Wallace

DavidSternRiggedTheFinals
02-24-2007, 03:46 PM

D-wade has shaq, walker, posey, eddie, gary payton, jason williams, and haslim. Dont tell me wade has no other stars around him.

MavsX
02-24-2007, 04:23 PM

youre a fag

endtroducing MASKED
02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
oh my GOD can you people not detect sarcasm at all?

rabbitproof
02-25-2007, 03:00 AM
don't blow his coverrrrr...