PDA

View Full Version : Injury sidelines Parker against Rockets

V2M
03-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Injury sidelines Parker against Rockets
March 3, 2007

HOUSTON (AP) -- San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker was a late scratch from the starting lineup against the Houston Rockets on Saturday night with a left hip flexor strain.

Team officials said the injury happened during the Spurs' victory over Orlando on Friday. Parker is considered day-to-day.

Jacque Vaughn replaced Parker in the lineup Saturday.

mary
03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Houston is getting absolutely mauled tonight. They're down 20 points in the second quarter.

People may not want to hear it, but the Spurs appear to be returning to ass-kicking form.

V2M
03-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Yep... without TP and on the 2nd night of a b2b... they're taking it to the Rockets pretty good!

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 09:33 PM
This is so right, I couldnt agree more. But the Spurts still dont scare sh*t out of me.

V2M
03-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Spurs notebook: Ailing Parker sits out again

Web Posted: 03/06/2007 01:17 AM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

LOS ANGELES — Tony Parker missed his second consecutive game Monday and it looks like he might be out for the remainder of the Spurs' road trip.

Parker, who has a left hip flexor strain he sustained during Friday's victory over Orlando, didn't participate in the team's shootaround Monday morning, instead watching from the sideline.

The Spurs play tonight in Portland before finishing their travels Thursday in Sacramento.

"When he's ready, he'll be ready," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "I don't even think about it. When they tell me he's ready, then he's ready."

Parker didn't miss more than two games in each of the previous two seasons. He already had missed one game with a right hip strain earlier this season.

The Spurs don't want to rush Parker back for fear his injury might worsen.

When asked what Parker has been able to do, Popovich quipped, "Eat steak, watch TV, go to Hollywood parties."

The Crippler
03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Nice Pop. He's getting sick of Eva hanging around also it looks like...