PDA

View Full Version : Big Hands .. going once, going twice...

madape
04-03-2001, 09:09 PM
One of my favorite humor sites is going up for auction on E-Bay. It was a pretty worthless site.. but still pretty funny. They're asking $15,000 for it. I wonder how much Dallas-mavs.com is worth? hmmm....

here's the link

Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=576118116)

djb
04-03-2001, 09:17 PM
One of my fave sites, FuckedCompany.com, was put on egay a while back (just for fun) with bids starting at $1mil! Actually some company did offer a couple million (something like $3mil plus stock options) but they were already going under, so of course the webmaster decided not to sell. That site kicks so much ass!

Oh and it reported yesterday that Rivals.com was "fucked" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I hope it's true cuz Rivals.com totally blows!

Hales233
04-03-2001, 10:19 PM
i dont go to rivals but i know some people that swear by that site

madape
04-04-2001, 07:41 AM
Rivals is a pretty confusing site, but they are the only place I know that has the info on high-schoolers. I check up on it often. MonterDraftNews.com has some info, but they have so many links to Rivals, its hard to tell them apart. Anyone know another place that covers high school?

LonestarROB
04-04-2001, 11:25 AM
If not for Rivals.com we would not have the great LAMOO i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

djb
04-04-2001, 11:35 AM
I admit some of the sites in the Rivals network are pretty damn cool in terms of content, but the Rivals.com company itself sucks arse! They basically screw over anyone who tries to leave the network. They tried to mess with ClutchCity by taking over the ClutchCity.com address, and they also tried to shut down Andrew's Dallas Stars page a few months ago (the DMN even covered this) just because he used to have a Stars page with Rivals.com, and is now running a new site after leaving that shithole of a company. I'm sure there are more horror stories out there along similar lines.