PDA

View Full Version : 16 of the Mavs final 22 games are..

MartinGT
03-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Teams under .500

Easy schedule...

Damn you are not so dominant like many people seem to think..

Flacolaco
03-11-2007, 03:28 AM
if you think statistically "easy' schedules are worth a damn, ask the Dallas Stars

these easily tend to the the hardest stretches sometimes

edit: LOL 3:28 am saturday night? I was pretty drunk when I wrote this

mqywaaah
03-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Thread worthy? What a dumb poster... tsk tsk :rolleyes:

The Crippler
03-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Teams under .500

Easy schedule...

Wow, you are an idiot. All that means is that the schedule up to this point has been extremely difficult as it all evens out in the end. So basically, the Mavs have been extremely dominant. Do us all a favor and go kill yourself. Now.

dude1394
03-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Bailiff!! Take away his vcash! And then wack his peepee.

Underdog
03-11-2007, 10:34 AM
...and we still managed to beat the top teams in the NBA this season - never losing more than ONE game to ANY single team...

nashtymavsfan13
03-11-2007, 11:11 AM
We have the hardest strength of schedule up to this point, so it's finally evening out.

Silk Smoov
03-11-2007, 11:54 AM
We have the hardest strength of schedule up to this point, so it's finally evening out.

There is a catch to these final games. I have noticed that the Mavs have had more home games than any other team in the league as well. So, I factor in that we will have more road games than every other team, so the schedule is not as easy as we think. On the other hand, we have played more Western Conference teams than anyone else as well..

Looks to me that the Suns will have the most work to do, because they have played about the least amount of Western Conference games against Western Conference teams that are based in the West.

The last thing that I notice on our schedule is about 5 more B2B games going down the stretch run. I worry about this, not because it is B2B, but because they will force us to not get as much rest as other teams heading into the playoffs.

Hopefully, we can stretch our lead over the Suns while they tackle more Western Conference teams. As far as the Spurs, I always worry about them, but come playoff time not getting much rest between games will doom them in the end. Yes, they are playing very solid, and may be playing the best ball of all teams overall. As of matter of fact, I think they right now are playing better than the Mavs. It sounds crazy since we are on a 16 game winning streak, but they are playing some solid ball overall. We are winning by defense some, then offense some. SA is winning by defense. But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating :D

LRB
03-11-2007, 12:14 PM
There is a catch to these final games. I have noticed that the Mavs have had more home games than any other team in the league as well. So, I factor in that we will have more road games than every other team, so the schedule is not as easy as we think. On the other hand, we have played more Western Conference teams than anyone else as well..

Looks to me that the Suns will have the most work to do, because they have played about the least amount of Western Conference games against Western Conference teams that are based in the West.

The last thing that I notice on our schedule is about 5 more B2B games going down the stretch run. I worry about this, not because it is B2B, but because they will force us to not get as much rest as other teams heading into the playoffs.

Hopefully, we can stretch our lead over the Suns while they tackle more Western Conference teams. As far as the Spurs, I always worry about them, but come playoff time not getting much rest between games will doom them in the end. Yes, they are playing very solid, and may be playing the best ball of all teams overall. As of matter of fact, I think they right now are playing better than the Mavs. It sounds crazy since we are on a 16 game winning streak, but they are playing some solid ball overall. We are winning by defense some, then offense some. SA is winning by defense. But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating :D

It should be noted that the mavs winning % on the road is greater than any other teams overall winning % and greater than every team other teams winning % at home except 1 (the Suns and the Mavs have the same # of losses as the Suns). Sure the Mavs aren't as good on the road as they are at home, but they're pretty damn good on the road as well.

dude1394
03-11-2007, 01:09 PM
But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating :D

They are just getting what they've dished out for years. We'll see how they deal with it.

dirno2000
03-11-2007, 01:32 PM
SA is winning by defense. But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating

If anything is frustrating SA it's the fact that thay haven't been able to shake Utah or make up much ground on PHX. They probably gave up on catching the Mavs when they fell behind by 9 games.

mffl03
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Teams under .500

Easy schedule...

That's funny, I seem to remember the Mavs ALWAYS playing another professional NBA team....

nashtymavsfan13
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Umm Martin, you were saying?

left texas
03-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Easy Schedule? No dominate player? No MVP? You must work for ESPN.

mqywaaah
03-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Bailiff!! Take away his vcash! And then wack his peepee.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!! :D :D :D :D

DarenG
03-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Easy Schedule? No dominate player? No MVP? You must work for ESPN.

LMAO.

Lor20
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
considering 18 of the 30 teams are below .500 its not that special (in average of 22 teams 13 are below 500).
I just wonder if the mavs are gonna get to 20 in a row :).

LRB
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
considering 18 of the 30 teams are below .500 its not that special (in average of 22 teams 13 are below 500).
I just wonder if the mavs are gonna get to 20 in a row :).

I'd say the odds are in their favor that they will. The Mavs should be favored in all 3 of their next games.

Flacolaco
03-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Wednesday night is going to be so intense.

Can you imagine how much the national media will gush "NASH NASH NASH" if the Suns end the mavs streak?

DarenG
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Huh? Didn't we play a tougher 1st half schedule then most of the NBA? Now we are playing the other half. How exactly does that equate to not being tough?

Lor20
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
61 games is half of 82? last time i checked we were 3 quarters through the season.

RingTheBell
03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
"NASH! NASH! NASH!"

Dirkadirkastan
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Huh? Didn't we play a tougher 1st half schedule then most of the NBA? Now we are playing the other half. How exactly does that equate to not being tough?

Strength of schedule is probably calculated by adding up the W-L records of teams as we played them. If so, then they're counting the first Spurs matchup as 0-0, and the Suns as 1-4.

Which is crap.

Of course, the Mavs are the only team not getting 50+ and 9 added to their strength of schedule too...

shaw-xx
03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
We have a 6-game road trip ahead, you loser.

LRB
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Wednesday night is going to be so intense.

Can you imagine how much the national media will gush "NASH NASH NASH" if the Suns end the mavs streak?

And they'll have a mile long list of excuses when the mavs beat the Suns.

Silk Smoov
03-13-2007, 12:19 AM

Tonight is exactly why I made these statements above. I have noticed a trend to not playing a solid overall game these last few games. Today, it all came to a head to where we could not win on offense or defense. We need to go back to the basics and win by defense. 4get all that push the ball talk. This team is NOT efficient at the high pace game. This is why they are the 3rd slowest pace team in the NBA. They get quality shots which lead to easy baskets or good position for good defensive transition. Avery got caught up in the mess about how slow our pace is, and went to sprint mode with the Mavs..This is not our game...

Our game is built on great quality shots and good defensive transition, which leads to easy buckets as well. Hopefully, AJ goes back to the ole bucket and 4get about all that fast pace. We dont have the right guards to get to that pace and be efficient. Harris is a train wreak at this pace, and Terry is not comfortable at that speed. Tonight proved what I have been seeing. We have to play big with guys like George and beat teams to death on the boards. The other problem is that George is still hurt, and this bothers me greatly. Not only is the brace slowing George down, but he is still hurt...

ballin_boi
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Worst noob topic ever.

MartinGT
03-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Make it 13 straight!

Longest streak in the NBA at this moment.

Windmill360
03-14-2007, 12:27 AM
that's incredible!!!! *yawn*

MartinGT
03-14-2007, 12:30 AM
At least they didn't lose to the lowly Warriors... *yawn*

shaw-xx
03-14-2007, 12:41 AM
They didn't? You must forget about last Nov. 27.

bernardos70
03-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Touché.....

mqywaaah
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM

Nov. 27 to MartinGT : Hello?!

What a stupid babbling idiot! This thread is so gay. Everytime I'll see your name, It'll remind of Martin starts Gay Threads. That must be what the GT in your name stands for. LOL FU!

MartinGT
03-14-2007, 02:50 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/----/p/sp/getty/39/fullj.getty-71797154cb005_clipper_spur_11_13_41_pm.jpg

fluid.forty.one
03-14-2007, 02:51 PM

hey Martin go look up the spurs record vs golden state this season

MartinGT
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
1-1

fluid.forty.one
03-14-2007, 03:27 PM
sooo... it looks like they did lose to the lowly warriors.

MartinGT
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
One game not 2 or three like your team..LOL

fluid.forty.one
03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I didnt say anything about how many times. You just said about the spurs "at least they didn't lose to the warriors" when actually, they did.

Windmill360
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/----/p/sp/getty/39/fullj.getty-71797154cb005_clipper_spur_11_13_41_pm.jpg
Nice PS

But I found the real image.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/jorge3000/streaksign.jpg

Dirkadirkastan
03-14-2007, 03:50 PM
12, 13, 17.

Warriors.

Warriors, Magic, Bucks, Bobcats...

Crispey
03-16-2007, 06:06 PM
I dont' care how easy your schedule is, when you win upwards of 65-70 games, you are dominant.