PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are on fire..

rakesh.s
03-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Don't look now, but they've won 12 straight. Anyone else think they have a shot at the 2 seed?

They're the one team that scares me..I know everyone else thinks they're old and done.

dude1394
03-11-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't think they have a chance at the number 2. They are down 4.5 to the suns and unless they suns have a massive breakdown, no.

Let me check the suns schedule...

They do have the rockettes 2, mavs 2, spurs 1 remaining. They'll probably split that (except for mavs, hey I'm a homer). Rest of the way they'll go at least 80% I expect.

Spurs have more concern about making sure the jazz don't catch them. They are only up 1.5 on them. They only play them once more so they can't effect it that way.

dude1394
03-11-2007, 09:59 AM
So when do the mavs clinch the midwest. It'll be about 9 games from now right?

Underdog
03-11-2007, 10:33 AM
I was worried about the Mavs' streaks wearing them down before the playoffs, but the Spurs are older - could they be burning up their tank too early with this recent win-streak? What will they have left when Second Season rolls around? Or is this a case of building a head of steam before the playoffs?

dude1394
03-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't think win streaks wear a team down, they build 'em up. You just have to check the minutes played. They are still keeping timmah's minutes down to average, just like aj is doing with dirk.

I think the problem with detroit last year is I thought they had a short bench and played their starters too much if I recall (could be wrong about that). Of course then they ran into thug ball just like we did.

edit: Going back to detroits mpg, they are about the same this year as last, so my hypothesis is full of bs. :)

mkat
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I was worried about the Mavs' streaks wearing them down before the playoffs, but the Spurs are older - could they be burning up their tank too early with this recent win-streak? What will they have left when Second Season rolls around? Or is this a case of building a head of steam before the playoffs?

losing a game doesn't somehow rest a team.

Tokey41
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
They are hot, but the fact that the Suns and Spurs will be meeting in the playoffs before getting to us eases my mind a lot. Hopefully the Jazz doesnt catch SA...

capitalcity
03-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Old. Done.

Underdog
03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
losing a game doesn't somehow rest a team.

No, but working your ass off to beat the competition surely wears you down... ;)

left texas
03-11-2007, 11:41 PM
They are hot, but the fact that the Suns and Spurs will be meeting in the playoffs before getting to us eases my mind a lot. Hopefully the Jazz doesnt catch SA...

Suns and Spurs two and three seed. That would leave Utah. Then the Suns or Spurs before the finals.

mkat
03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
No, but working your ass off to beat the competition surely wears you down... ;)

i'm not too worried. i mean, they sleep between games.

Silk Smoov
03-12-2007, 12:51 AM
So when do the mavs clinch the midwest. It'll be about 9 games from now right?

One concern that I do have is if the Lakers get the #8 seed, with a healthy squad, plus Pippen. This could be extreme trouble. I think they scare me really the most, because of Kobe being able to take us on pretty tough. Lastly, a healthy Lakers team with Odom gives us fits....I would rather play any other team in the first round other than Suns or Spurs, than play the Lakers in the 1st round..

mqywaaah
03-12-2007, 01:27 AM
The Spurs are on fire? Good! Let them burn in hell for all I care.

DarenG
03-12-2007, 02:23 AM
The Spurs are legit. They are just a veteran team that was waiting to turn it on. This is a 3 horse race between the Mavs, Suns and Spurs.

MavsX
03-12-2007, 08:50 PM
The Spurs are legit. They are just a veteran team that was waiting to turn it on. This is a 3 horse race between the Mavs, Suns and Spurs.

thats a bunch of bullshit that you have been hearing on espn. who is your team?

MartinGT
03-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Old. Done.
Cocky?

LOL

The mavs havent' won shit!

Win something before you talk....

MartinGT
03-13-2007, 04:33 AM
thats a bunch of bullshit that you have been hearing on espn. who is your team?
So the Spurs are not legit?

You need to have a urine analysis if this is your thinking...

3 Titles in the last 7 years...

Best record in the NBA after the All-Star break...

Best winning percentage in all professional sports since 1997 (Tim Duncan era)

2-time regular season MVP, 3-time Finals MVP playing with them.

And last but not least:

LATEST WESTERN CONFERENCE TEAM TO HOLD AN NBA TITLE....

Yes...the Spurs not the Mavs...

capitalcity
03-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Did somebody just fart?

EricaLubarsky
03-13-2007, 04:51 AM
watch the language Marvin.

mqywaaah
03-13-2007, 05:06 AM

And last but not least:

Alright, shove em up your bunghole, Murvin! Shove em Spurs real hard up your a**.

MartinGT
03-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry if my words hurt your feelings..

Mavs fans are so sensitive...LOL

Chokers!

bernardos70
03-14-2007, 12:53 AM
HAH! Give me something to work with here man! You're making fun of yourself pretty much!

MavsX
03-15-2007, 08:51 PM
eat it

Stranger
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
The Spurs streak just ended in Milwaukee.

DirkGoesNuclear
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Streak's over. Thanks Milwaukee.

And1
03-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Sorry if my words hurt your feelings..

Mavs fans are so sensitive...LOL

Chokers!
Hey MartinaGT:)
u better hope the spurts do well this postseason or you are going to look pretty bad around here.

MavsX
03-16-2007, 07:14 PM

And last but not least:

i think there is a place for all your ramblings...its called a spurs board...so get out of here...

So what? Yeah. you're right about all those records. You are, and i agree with you..

but you can still go f*ck yourself... get it?

Flacolaco
03-16-2007, 07:30 PM
troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream....

Epitome22
03-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Why are Spurs fans such dicks? I just patrolled Spurs Central and was just struck by the dickish way they talk about the Mavs or (cows) as they call them. For a classy organization, they have a pretty classless fanbase.

DevinHarriswillstart
03-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Why are Spurs fans such dicks? I just patrolled Spurs Central and was just struck by the dickish way they talk about the Mavs or (cows) as they call them. For a classy organization, they have a pretty classless fanbase.

Well since the Spurs aren't nearly as good as we are, anything the Spurt fans have to say is for me to poop on.