PDA

View Full Version : Stoudamire Investigated

MavsFanFinley
04-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Portland's Stoudamire is investigated by local police

April 15, 2002

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Lake Oswego police said Monday they have sent the results of an investigation involving Portland Trail Blazers guard Damon Stoudamire to the District Attorney's office.

``We've conducted an investigation involving Damon Stoudamire and have forwarded the results to the Clackamas County District Attorney's office,'' Lake Oswego Police Capt. Marc Galloway told The Associated Press on Monday.

Galloway would not confirm that drugs were found in Stoudamire's home. On Monday, KATU-TV reported that drugs had been found in Stoudamire's home.

A felony drug case was submitted to the district attorney's office last Friday, the Portland television station said. A grand jury will determine if there's enough evidence to warrant charges, a district attorney's office spokesman told KATU.

Stoudamire has not been arrested.

Sue Carpenter, a Trail Blazers spokeswoman, said the team had no details of an investigation.

In February, Portland power forward Shawn Kemp was suspended for five games for violating the leagues anti-drug agreement. He had similar problems at the end of last season.

Last fall, guards Bonzi Wells and Erick Barkley were cited by Portland police after refusing to leave the scene of a fight in downtown and yelling profanities at an officer.

Drbio
04-15-2002, 10:30 PM
That team is unbelievable in a not so good kind of way.

Murphy3
04-15-2002, 10:33 PM
a team full of thugs...

MFFL
04-15-2002, 11:09 PM
I wonder if this might cause him to miss a few playoff games. Portland is always looking for an excuse to fold to the Lakers.

Drbio
04-15-2002, 11:13 PM
nice thought....I wish both the lakers and blazers could lose in the first round.

TheKid
04-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Nothing that happens with this team even surprises me anymore. JUST ONCE I would like to hear one of the players help a woman across the street or something.

MavsFanFinley
04-16-2002, 07:24 PM
<< JUST ONCE I would like to hear one of the players help a woman across the street or something. >>

Well, don't hold your breath.

That scnerio is not likely to happen in this lifetime.

Drbio
04-16-2002, 07:56 PM
You might read where a blazer kicked a woman across the street though...that owuld be more likely.

MavsFanFinley
04-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Use trip instead of kick and you may be onto something Doc.

The Blazers wouldn't be smart enough by kicking someone outright, tripping is a little more tricky and right up there alley.