PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw sucks

pkdumas
03-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I was just trolling a Suns message board and someone was bitching that Diaw had 0 rebounds in over 60 minutes of playing. The guy hardly played against Dallas. I knew he would be a non-factor when Amare came back. Trade Diaw and Tim Thomas for Amare and an improved Barbosa and you have a team that is really no better than last year. Certainly no deeper.

Flacolaco
03-18-2007, 01:22 AM
I was just trolling a Suns message board .....

lol this made me actually laugh out loud.

I love your honesty in using the word troll

Dtownsfinest
03-18-2007, 01:35 AM
I don't think anyone ever thought the Suns were deep. However, having Amare out there all of a sudden make the Suns contenders when last year IMO they were overachievers.

chumdawg
03-18-2007, 01:46 AM
lol this made me actually laugh out loud.

I love your honesty in using the word trollMe, too. That was genius.

DTown, don't get caught up in the "not deep" argument against the Suns. Those mofo's can play with anybody, and do, without taxing their guys. If anything, WE were the guys showing some wear and tear the last time we played them.

Windmill360
03-18-2007, 01:52 AM
here here!

Edit: I like how the suns were still playing their starters in the 4th and refused to go to their "bench" (ROFL) when the game was obviously lost.

mkat
03-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Me, too. That was genius.

DTown, don't get caught up in the "not deep" argument against the Suns. Those mofo's can play with anybody, and do, without taxing their guys. If anything, WE were the guys showing some wear and tear the last time we played them.

you think they can hang for 6-7 games? i don't. it took two OTs just to beat us by two.

chumdawg
03-18-2007, 02:15 AM
you think they can hang for 6-7 games? i don't. it took two OTs just to beat us by two.They won't wear out, that's for sure. They are very, very well conditioned!

Thespiralgoeson
03-18-2007, 02:50 AM
lol, the title of this thread alone made me laugh. "Boris Diaw sucks." Good stuff.

Either way, it's true. Diaw looked great last year because he was always scoring off of the pick and roll with Nash. Now with Amare back, it looks like Diaw's the odd man out in Phoenix's offense. Neither he nor Marion can create their own shot to save their lives. The difference is, Marion is athletic enough to finish alley-oops on a regular basis, and he can hit a three occassionally. Diaw? He's a guy who really just doesn't have much offensive skill.

EricaLubarsky
03-18-2007, 04:56 AM
http://img.search.com/e/e3/Act_boris_diaw.jpg
"everyone can be rich.
1)Be 15th man on bad NBA team,
2)be part of trade
3)play one year American basketball with Nash.
4) Exchange US dollars for euros"

mqywaaah
03-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Diaw aint sh*t, dont believe the hype.

Epitome22
03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Seems like a solid bench player to me.....(shrugs) If people really believed a once 11th man on a bad team had really turned into Dwyane Wade than yeah, the truth might be disappointing.

dirno2000
03-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say that he sucks but he's clearly the odd man out and he's definitly not worth the 4 year $36MM contract that they gave him last summer. The one saving grace is that that they kept Barbosa for below market value.

They won't wear out, that's for sure. They are very, very well conditioned!

If Amare's knees hold up then I think that he can run for as long as he needs to...same with Marion and Barbosa. It's the starting back court that they have to worry about. Bell has been prone to stress type injuries and Nash clearly wore down in last years playoffs. He even admitted it.

Just211
03-18-2007, 08:46 PM
it really goes to show how much Nash makes Amare. He made Diaw what he was last year, and he makes Amare what he is. You can put any athletic PF out there with Nash, and they'll basically be an allstar.
That being said, I think D'antonni is a terrible coach. How do you let a guy that was producing so well last year, fall off the bench. He should still have him in a productive role, with defined minutes on the floor, when Amare's on the bench. The truth is no one on that team is productive when Nash isn't in the game. And Diaw suffers cause DAntonni isn't gonna let Amare be out there without Nash. D'Antonni should have figured out a second option of scoring when Nash comes out. Just like Avery comes with Devin/Stack off the bench, to ensure there are always scoring options on the floor

dirno2000
03-18-2007, 09:04 PM
The extra work seems to be paying off too. He’s been shooting the ball with a lot of confidence for the past month or so. There’s no hesitation, when he’s open he shoots the ball.

Diaw’s more of a creator than a finisher so I think he’d be ok without Nash too.

TheBlueVan
03-18-2007, 09:27 PM
i think its funny how fat diaw got over the summer

crazy frenchman

SeattleMavsFan
03-18-2007, 10:00 PM
i also wouldn't go as far as saying he sucks but I agree that he does not fit in right now with the suns.

i also agree that it proves how much nash is the suns. he made a nobody like diaw seem like an animal last year. just like nash makes everyone around him better. with a fast pace game like they have, everybody is going to score anyways at some point. i'd like to see amare and marion on without nash for a while. we'll see how good they really are.

that being said, I'd still take Diaw off the bench. I think he could probably develop decently. He is definitely not worth the price he's getting paid though...

Tokey41
03-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Their entire team is reliant on Nash, he goes down they lose. It's that simple. Marion and Diaw need their shots made, Amare needs someone to create shots from the outside, D'Antoni needs someone who can actually make plays for the team. He's all they have. If that makes him the MVP then fine... personally I think it's a definite weakness to have the weight of the franchise so heavily dependent on a 30+ yr olds shoulders (and back).

capitalcity
03-18-2007, 10:19 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mo/sharktalebig.jpg

jenna2891
03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
It's a well known fact Boris has been battling back spasms for several weeks. He filled up the stat sheet yesterday vs Minnesota. Seems to be back to his old self. :p

sike
03-21-2007, 03:49 PM
uh, he's French.

alexamenos
03-21-2007, 03:53 PM
It's a well known fact Boris has been battling back spasms for several weeks. He filled up the stat sheet yesterday vs Minnesota. Seems to be back to his old self. :p

lesseee, Diaw's line --

11 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 0 steals and 0 blocks...that's just 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 10 steals and 10 blocks shy of a quintiple-double.

geez, he did fill up the stat sheet.

Dirkadirkastan
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Boris Diaw still sucks.

alexamenos
03-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Boris Diaw still sucks.

i was attempting to be facetious -- I think the phrase "filling up the stat sheet" implicitly means that a player has not left giant 0's in 2 out of five stat categories...

but of course,

Boris Diaw still sucks.

Xylus
03-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Boris Diaw is our sixth option, so 11 points, 6 rebounds, and 9 assists is nothing to sneeze at.

Two straight really good games in a row for the smirking Frenchman--15 points, 14 rebounds (7 offensive), 3 assists, 2 blocks, in 29 minutes. It was against the Kings, of course, but it's nice to see him perform well on the same night that Amare nabs 33 points and 21 rebounds. Amare and Diaw rarely have great games on the same night.

Hopefully this is a sign of him rounding back into shape. I want to see the Diaw from last year's postseason again.

Dirkadirkastan
03-23-2007, 02:40 AM
Truly, deeply believes that Boris Diaw-Rifford is one of the best centers playing in the NBA today, and is indeed, a SUPERSTAR in the making...

http://www.borisdiaw.com/images/boris-diaw.jpg

From the random insult thread.

Underdog
03-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Boris Diaw sucks... And in other news, scientists report that the sky is still blue!

pkdumas
03-23-2007, 10:13 PM
The sky is not really blue my friend, it's an optical illusion... as is Diaw's skill.