PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts from the enemy...

BaselineBum
03-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Dear Dallas-Mavs.com,

Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum since the Mavericks went 0-4 to start the season and everyone was running around with their hair on fire ;) . I just got back from that armpit called Iraq and I pretty much missed the entire season but I guess the Mavs "turned it around" since then, huh?

Even though I am a die hard Spurs fan (can you blame me, I was born and raised in San Antonio), it's good to see a TEXAS team ruling the NBA. I just looked at the season record and Dallas is playing ball like the 1996-1997 Bulls. When they lose a game, ESPN and SI.com suddenly freeze up, like their was a glitch in the Matrix. I finally watched a game the other night vs Cleveland and your team looked sharp.

I hope and pray that you team can finally get over that hump from last year and win that title. But I also hope that your team and my team can meet up again in the playoffs and hopefully we can get a full 7 game series out of both teams.

But if they do meet up in the playoffs. I hope the Spurs kick your tail :D . But for some unforseen circumstance, the Spurs lose....I got your backs all the way to the end.

A Texas Sports Fan,
Nick Narveson
U.S. Navy

DwD
03-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the wishes...I am glad the Mavs are doing so good :)

The Spurs seems to be rounding into playoff shape at the right time too - it will be an interesting matchup to be sure.

dude1394
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Dear Dallas-Mavs.com,

Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum since the Mavericks went 0-4 to start the season and everyone was running around with their hair on fire ;) . I just got back from that armpit called Iraq and I pretty much missed the entire season but I guess the Mavs "turned it around" since then, huh?

Even though I am a die hard Spurs fan (can you blame me, I was born and raised in San Antonio), it's good to see a TEXAS team ruling the NBA. I just looked at the season record and Dallas is playing ball like the 1996-1997 Bulls. When they lose a game, ESPN and SI.com suddenly freeze up, like their was a glitch in the Matrix. I finally watched a game the other night vs Cleveland and your team looked sharp.

I hope and pray that you team can finally get over that hump from last year and win that title. But I also hope that your team and my team can meet up again in the playoffs and hopefully we can get a full 7 game series out of both teams.

But if they do meet up in the playoffs. I hope the Spurs kick your tail :D . But for some unforseen circumstance, the Spurs lose....I got your backs all the way to the end.

A Texas Sports Fan,
Nick Narveson
U.S. Navy

YOU I can take a little trash-talking from. Nice to have you back home!

wmbwinn
03-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Dear Dallas-Mavs.com,

A Texas Sports Fan,
Nick Narveson
U.S. Navy

Thanks, Soldier. Military wouldn't take me the first 4 times I tried to get in. Now they can't afford me.

I support you and stand behind the full team. Always wanted to be with you. Injuries kept me out.

Love my country. Love all of you that do your job with honor and exactness. Could use a lot more of you in important places.

Thespiralgoeson
03-24-2007, 04:10 AM
Amen to the sentiments above. I hate the Spurs with a passion, but welcome home.

Usually Lurkin
03-24-2007, 05:11 AM
welcome back. Thanks for your service, and it's nice to have another basketball fan safely back home. And I'm awfully sorry your spurs suck (well, that's what I tell my self-over and over, and will keep repeating till they are safely out of the playoffs)

BaselineBum
03-24-2007, 03:39 PM
YOU I can take a little trash-talking from. Nice to have you back home!

Dude, thank for the "heart warming" words. I will be looking forward to the playoffs.