StackAttack
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Godly.

nashtymavsfan13
03-23-2007, 08:44 PM
39, pretty impressive.

StackAttack
03-23-2007, 09:04 PM
The man has a quarter to score 6 points.

Dr.Zoidberg
03-23-2007, 09:20 PM
He has the 50!

StackAttack
03-23-2007, 09:28 PM
As spectacular as this feat is, I wonder what it was like to watch Wilt average 50 PPG for a whole season...

chumdawg
03-23-2007, 09:30 PM
As spectacular as this feat is, I wonder what it was like to watch Wilt average 50 PPG for a whole season...I'd imagine it was as compelling as watching candy being stolen from a baby.

spreedom
03-23-2007, 10:16 PM
I'd imagine it was as compelling as watching candy being stolen from a baby.

Especially considering that back then the MVP award was determined by the players, and that Bill Russell won it (despite the fact that he was only Second Team All-NBA).

rabbitproof
03-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Is he human?

Ignore the moral stuff. As a baller, is Kobe Bryant from planet Earth?

Dirkadirkastan
03-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd imagine it was as compelling as watching candy being stolen from a baby.

Portland, Minny, Memphis, NOK = baby. Put a real defense on him and we'll see what happens.

Windmill360
03-23-2007, 10:39 PM
interesting that he stopped scoring after 50.

hmm actually he got to 50 from the line.

mqywaaah
03-23-2007, 11:51 PM
interesting that he stopped scoring after 50.

hmm actually he got to 50 from the line.

When he couldve done more?

hotsauce
03-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Portland, Minny, Memphis, NOK = baby. Put a real defense on him and we'll see what happens.

HAHA real funnny!!!You do know that he dropped 60 on us IN THREE QUARTTERS last year. And, to be honest, i think he could very well drop 50 on any team in the nba!!!!
Oh and this outing just proves that kobe is the best scorer in the history of the nba. Some might argue that its Wilt, but considering the evolution of basketball and defense its definately KOME hehehehe.

Flacolaco
03-24-2007, 12:52 AM
yeah good luck in the 2nd half of April with that B.S. Kobe

EricaLubarsky
03-24-2007, 02:59 AM

HAHA real funnny!!!You do know that he dropped 60 on us IN THREE QUARTTERS last year. And, to be honest, i think he could very well drop 50 on any team in the nba!!!!
Oh and this outing just proves that kobe is the best scorer in the history of the nba. Some might argue that its Wilt, but considering the evolution of basketball and defense its definately KOME hehehehe.

He dropped 60 on us when we didnt have anyone to guard him and our team defense was in development. Its hard to stop a guy like Kobe from going for 60 or even 100 if you dont have a single healthy player his size and quickness.

Lor20
03-24-2007, 04:19 AM
i dont really see the big fuss about it, its not like he's shooting 75%, he has been
23-39,17-35,20-37,16-29, so a combined 76-140 or 54% - thats not shabby but thats not great either. they just give him the ball all the time. its more a lack of talent of the players around kobe than kobe's talent.

EricaLubarsky
03-24-2007, 04:24 AM
he's 4th in the league in efficiency behind Dirk. He's just a great player that can keep scoring (which is a skill), and can shoot the ball 44 times a game (on average the last 3 games counting shot attempts which resulted in FTs)

WraithXx
03-24-2007, 05:46 AM
yeah good luck in the 2nd half of April with that B.S. Kobe

you're such an idiot... he single-handedly made the Suns tired for us in the playoffs last season.... what the fuck do you have against credit where credit is due anyway, faggot?

Usually Lurkin
03-24-2007, 05:50 AM
i dont really see the big fuss about it, its not like he's shooting 75%, he has been
23-39,17-35,20-37,16-29, so a combined 76-140 or 54% - thats not shabby but thats not great either. they just give him the ball all the time. its more a lack of talent of the players around kobe than kobe's talent.
54% is pretty good no matter how you look at it! Plus, who else on that team is the defense even going to bother looking at? It's not like they can draw a lot of attention. This scoring run by Kobe is even more impressive to me after he spent most of the year playing for the others on the team. Injuries and crappy play by the rest of the team made that less than successful. The "All Kobe all the time" approach was a last resort approach to winnnig what they can. They could have kept up what they were doing and tried for some ping pong balls.

WraithXx
03-24-2007, 05:56 AM

Good God you are the epitome of fucking retarded. Good news for you though... you thought it was a lot worse...

Usually Lurkin
03-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Wraith, come on. Your point can be made without the language.

WraithXx
03-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Wraith, come on. Your point can be made without the language.

*kills you*

Lor20
03-24-2007, 06:51 AM
i've never been a fan of one man "teams" and im not about to become one. Im not saying he isnt a great player but the question is how much does it help the lakers? if kobe is cold- they lose - if hes hot - they win. in the playoffs one player wont be enough to win a series. I cant comment on the amount of Defense against him in those games cuz i didnt see them but its safe to assume playoff defense is at another level.
Look at wilt- he was dominating basically any important stat but only got 2 titles to show for it. You might argue kobe has to do it so they get into the playoffs and maybe you'd be correct in saying that but i still wouldnt like it.

Usually Lurkin
03-24-2007, 07:01 AM
You might argue kobe has to do it so they get into the playoffs and maybe you'd be correct in saying that but i still wouldnt like it.

If Kobe weren't doing this, then the Lakers might be like the Mavs of the 90's. While there is a certain enjoyment that can be found in watching teams just suck (thank you Timberwolves), it's also enjoyable to watch one of those teams do a little bit better because one player is single handedly giving them wins. How much fun would it have been if Mike Finley was able to do that with some of the crappy Mavs teams of the mid-90s. Instead of just saying, "yeah, we suck," Mavs fans would have been saying, "yeah, we suck, but did you see what FinDawg did last night!"

Is it good for the Lakers? It's gotta be better than just losing, right? Isn't this sport about getting wins? I think the team (Kobe included) made their priorities known when they played a rounded game until injuries and poor support left them with this option. I think they'd rather not be playing basketball like this. Like I said, this option is more admirable to me than tanking the season for some ping pong balls.

Lor20
03-24-2007, 07:21 AM
i think we can really only answer the "is it good for the lakers" in a few weeks time when we see how they get into the first playoff series. the lakers have an interesting april schedule. two games vs denver , 2 vs the suns, 2 vs the kings, 2 vs the clippers and 2 vs the sonics (for some reason they all come in pairs :-P - i wonder who came up with that schedule...

mary
03-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Kobe's playing the Warriors tonight.

I'm putting him down for 60.

dude1394
03-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm with lor20. I not only am not a fan of one-man-teams, I find them horribly boring to watch. I do not know how the people in philedelphia could stand to watch iverson all of the time, yuck.

A beautiful pass to me is still much more exciting than a 3pt shot or a dunk, always has been.

That may be why I loved the era of bird/magic but couldn't care less about jordan/snaq.

LRB
03-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I see Kobe's latest scoring parade as more of a setback for the Fakers than an advancement. The question is does this bring the Fakers closer to or farther from a championship. IMO they're headed towards loserville with the O'Brien trophy a distant speck in their rear view mirror.

Subliminal012
03-25-2007, 03:48 PM
He dropped 60 on us when we didnt have anyone to guard him and our team defense was in development. Its hard to stop a guy like Kobe from going for 60 or even 100 if you dont have a single healthy player his size and quickness.

He outscored the dallas mavs through 3 quarters. You can say a million things, but that is just embarassing.