PDA

View Full Version : Raptors release P.J. Tucker

dirno2000
03-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Probably not even thread worthy unless you're a UT fan. The Longhorns could have used his experience, intensity and rebounding.

They could have also used C.J. Miles who is rotting on the bench in Utah.

--------------------------------

TORONTO (CP) - The Toronto Raptors have released rookie forward P.J. Tucker, the team announced Saturday.

Tucker is currently playing with the Colorado 14ers in the National Basketball Development League.

Tucker was selected by the Raptors in the second round (35th overall) of the 2006 draft as a junior out of Texas. He was assigned to Colorado on Jan. 5, recalled by the Raptors on Feb. 5 and sent down again on March 5.

In 17 games with Toronto, he averaged 1.8 points and 1.4 rebounds.

The six-foot-five, 225-pounder posted career highs with 12 points and nine rebounds in a 115-98 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Dec. 9.

With the 14ers, Tucker has averaged 10.7 points and 3.4 rebounds in 19 games.

Toronto's roster stands at 14 players.

nashtymavsfan13
03-24-2007, 11:56 PM
I hadn't heard of him, is he worth taking a look at for us?

dirno2000
03-25-2007, 12:07 AM
I doubt it. He's a poor man's Greg Bucker...a PF in a SG body. He needs to be somewhere he can play and develop his perimeter skills.

EricaLubarsky
03-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Texas has been the new Europe-- a place you can draft from and you are guaranteed a great player, but there have been a few guys that have come out a little earlier than they should have-- kinda like a few recent Europeans.

I dont know if I would say PJ is the next anything but it definitely looks like he was released a little too early by the Raptors. He reminds me a lot of Outlaw who had a lot of talent, but not necessarily any list of skills that made him a complete player and a lack of focus.