PDA

View Full Version : SPURS BURN by rockets fan

roxfan55
03-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Now, I think I can speak for both Rockets fan and Mavericks fan that we hate the SPURS. Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzEhY4GXnI

endrity
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Rox and Mavs hate Spurs
Rox and Spurs hate Mavs

Mavs and Spurs really don't hate Rox, there is no need to spend energy hating a non-elite team.
p.s Clutchcity is the worst sports forum to ever come in existence

roxfan55
03-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Rox and Mavs hate Spurs
Rox and Spurs hate Mavs

Mavs and Spurs really don't hate Rox, there is no need to spend energy hating a non-elite team.

Clutchcity is a sports forum? never heard of it. I don't think i said you guys hated the rox. :confused:

endrity
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
yes it is, look for it clutchcity.net, they hate the mavs soooo much.

roxfan55
03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
yes it is, look for it clutchcity.net, they hate the mavs soooo much.

www.clutchfans.net ;)

endrity
03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
it's the same thing, it leads to the same page, and it's still the worst forum ever

roxfan55
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
idk, your opinion. if this forum can get recognized on si.com and many big sports websites, and even be top 1,000 in most popular boards, than heck ill agree with ya

endrity
03-26-2007, 07:35 PM
i don't care who the heck recognizes it, the people that post there are the most blind fans of anyone in the league and i surf the boards quite a bit. I have never seen anyone hate almost everyone else that was not a rocket, and I mean no smack talk hate, but pure hate. Those guys call the mavs all kind of names, and still bring up the series from two years ago as a proof that cuban manipulates the refs, while they should be thankful they won those first two games to begin with. they hate the suns cause they can't match up with them, they hate the spurs for all kinds of reasons just cause they have more championships, it seems to me like a buch of 15 year olds post there.

roxfan55
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
i don't care who the heck recognizes it, the people that post there are the most blind fans of anyone in the league and i surf the boards quite a bit. I have never seen anyone hate almost everyone else that was not a rocket, and I mean no smack talk hate, but pure hate. Those guys call the mavs all kind of names, and still bring up the series from two years ago as a proof that cuban manipulates the refs, while they should be thankful they won those first two games to begin with. they hate the suns cause they can't match up with them, they hate the spurs for all kinds of reasons just cause they have more championships, it seems to me like a buch of 15 year olds post there.

WOW you are wrong... maybe you should just spend some quality time on there and actually read it.

nashtymavsfan13
03-26-2007, 07:41 PM

I don't post there, but as a 15 year old I take offensive to that!

;)

endrity
03-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Mavs 15 year old fans are better ;)

endrity
03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
WOW you are wrong... maybe you should just spend some quality time on there and actually read it.
I do read a lot of it, they have good stuff on rox games I will agree with that. But when it comes to talking about the rest of the league... like there was a thread on the matchup with the Jazz in the playoffs, and they were making fun of a Jazz forum for saying that the Jazz should kill the rockets, meanwhile they were doing the same thing and actually saying they were more experienced than the jazz... yes because they have been twice to the first round in the Yao era. If anything I will take Okur's experience with the pistons anyday compared to that. Now I think Rox win because the main weakness that the Jazz have is the lack of any speed on the perimeter so T-Mac should take over but to say that they were going to wipe out the Jazz was ridicolous. Plus the name calling for the Mavs is just bad.

nikeball
03-27-2007, 02:16 PM
i respect the spurs
i hate the rockets

alexamenos
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Rockets fans hold a special place in my heart. As it happened, I was in the Houson area on business for most of the '05 series. I don't think I ever appreciated the depth of stupidity humans can reach until I got a close look and listen at numerous Rockets fans during that time.

I recall one fellow's argument that the Rocket's were going to win game 7.....why? because a decade earlier an entirely different group of players and coaches had won a couple of 7 game series. The specious-ness of this argument is as evident as it is appalling, but what really made it amazing was the guy's utter conviction....it was religion--not cool religion with great art and chanting monks, but really obnoxious tv preacher kind of religion.

My favorite incident involved a couple of radio personalties there....it was the morning after @Dallas game where Finley caught the ball coming from out of bounds--it was a bad call, as you may recall. This bad call played a part (tho not at all necessarily a decisive part) in the Dallas win, and rox fans were just apoplectic. Foaming at the mouth crazy mad.....comparatively speaking, mavs fans after game 5 in miami were placid, or maybe flacid. There's no contest....

.....but I digress....

so the radio folks are running down the littany of bad calls and they basically find themselves stuck with just two rock-solid bad calls....one being the aforementioned finley call and the other being an out of bounds call that gave the ball back to the mavs. Upon further review, they finally recognzied and acknowledged that the out of bounds call was in fact a good call--the ball really did go off a rox player and rightly belonged to the mavs.

So, did they just toss this incident aside as irrelevant to their case that the refs were hosing the rox? Not at all, instead they changed the argument to "the refs are screwing the rockets by not making bad calls against the mavs." Now isn't that a clever argument, in a deranged and idiotic fashion?

endrity
03-27-2007, 04:57 PM
For some reason the rocket fans are willing to say anything when it comes to mavs and spurs. There is very little class from them, and that is one of the reasons why I love dallas-mavs.com, there are a lot of smart posters in here.

ty
03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I hate the rockettes.

Rox and Mavs hate Spurs
Rox and Spurs hate Mavs

Thespiralgoeson
03-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I actually like the Rockets quite a bit. Tied with the Pacers for my second favorite team. I like the team. I do, however, hate the Rockets' fanbase.

DOMINATOR
03-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I hate the rockettes.
wait a minute everyone here is saying they hate the rockets because clutchfans.net hate the mavs? so is everyone on clutchfans.net hating the mavs because everyone here hates the rockets?
2 way street in my opinion

most rocket fans dislike the jazz because karl malone and john stockton played dirty against the rockets.
every team in every sport has some bad/stupid fans.

and that video sucks

SD90
03-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah, talking smack about another team's fanbase maturity does come off as a bit of a paradox.

But eh.

Myself, Clutchfans is a pretty good place to hang out. Might be filled with some hate, but what sports forum isin't?

capitalcity
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
When did Houston get a basketball team?

DOMINATOR
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
When did Houston get a basketball team?
9 years before dallas
and 5 years before the spurs officially joined the NBA

Stylistic
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Rox and Mavs hate Spurs
Rox and Spurs hate Mavs

yes they do lol.

SaltwaterChaffy
03-27-2007, 09:14 PM
That video was awful. You owe me 6 minutes of my life, even though i turned it off after 1.

Dirkgreatness
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=126556&page=1

Why are Rockettes fans so gay?

endrity
03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Ha, I actually am proud that they started a whole thread about me. I have never said anything bad about any other team, Suns and Heat included. I respect the hell out of the spurs. I go to their boards and see the same thing, I go to lakers boards and a lot of people know very well what is going on in the nba. Clutchcity, they hate the mavs to a point that is an obsession, same with Dirk. It's hard for me to respect them. And just for the record, I have said here many times before that if I could vote, Shane Battier would be my DPOY, best defender on the best defensive team in the league.

And1
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
wait a minute everyone here is saying they hate the rockets because clutchfans.net hate the mavs? so is everyone on clutchfans.net hating the mavs because everyone here hates the rockets?
2 way street in my opinion

most rocket fans dislike the jazz because karl malone and john stockton played dirty against the rockets.
every team in every sport has some bad/stupid fans.

and that video sucks

I agree with that^

Yeah, talking smack about another team's fanbase maturity does come off as a bit of a paradox.

But eh.

There will always be those kind of bad/disrespectful fans of any team......that is a fact. To make it out to be a roxs-only thing is ludicrous.
Myself, Clutchfans is a pretty good place to hang out. Might be filled with some hate, but what sports forum isin't?

I agree with this too^

There will always be those kind of bad/disrespectful fans of any team......that is a fact. To make it out to be a roxs-only thing is ludicrous.

Tokey41
03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't give a damn about any other teams fans, they can be as retarded as they like... why should it concern us? The only time it does concern us is when they infest our boards looking for some smack talk and proceed to make complete fools of themselves. I read like half a page of that link and i'm convinced they have no plausible arguments to hate Mavs fans. All I heard was: "They haven't won a championship", "This one guy says they have bad fans in his book", and of course "We will destroy them in the playoffs despite their utter dominance over the league this season". Just simple minded sports fans drivel, i'm sure theres some objectivity somewhere on that board but i'm too lazy to go through all the crap to find it.

ocelot_ark
03-28-2007, 12:13 AM
That video was awful. You owe me 6 minutes of my life, even though i turned it off after 1.

I was JUST fixing to say that. Good god. Who are the retards that gave that thing four stars?

Windmill360
03-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Way to go. The Rockets forum started their own thread about this one. You've got all the little rockets fans worked up. hahaha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/jorge3000/avatar1399513crazyeyetmac4nv.gif - When the going gets tough, I quit!

nowhereman
03-29-2007, 03:37 AM
i think this video summarized why rocket fans deserve no respect. this is stupid. and unclassy. and in no way a burn. all it showed me was that there's a large contingent of rocket fans that suck balls at english. i respect the spurs. i hate timmy's whining, and bruce bowen's a dirty little bitch. but the rockets just annoy the crap out of me. i actually really like the team, they're easy to cheer for. but the fans make me hate the franchise. i'm sure there's some intelligent fans, but it just seems like there's so many morons out there.

by the way, mavs haven't been around as long as the rockets :) when we win several titles over the next 9 years, it'll be great to finally shut them up. god knows 41 points wasn't enough.

hburtts
03-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Rox fan here, just perusing your board and wanted to add a few .00 to the mix:

The good (for Dallas fans)

Your boy Dirk is monster. No doubt about it. I'm not sure there's anything I can add that hasn't already been said ad nauseum. But he is definitely redefining his position and is probably a few successful campaigns away from establishing himself as an all-time great. Love to watch the man ball (when it's not against my boys!) He's MVP this year. . .book it

Love your owner. Say what you will about Mr. Cuban, but as taxpayers in the Dallas community - you are getting the most bang for your buck. I'd trade him for Les in a heartbeat (sideshow included).

Howard, Terry (in order of importance). This is the biggest difference in our respective teams right now. It's not the star factor (i.e. Dirk, Tracy, Yao). It's everyone else. Consistency counts, and it seems as though the Mavs have IT in bunches.

So, now that I've paid enough lip service I guess it's time to let my ignorant H-town emotions get the best of me. Perfect segue to . .

The bad (for Dallas fans)

This seems to be a pivitol time in Dirk's career (as with Tracy's). IF winning IT ALL cements your legacy amongst the masses, then both stars are not elite. . .yet. As fans in Dallas you all are already in a small market. You feel as though Dirk is snubbed time and again in media discussion. Being the intelligent, well spoken fans that you are, I'm sure that you realize this. But make no mistake, outside of Texas nobody really cares that Dirk almost reached the summit last year or that Mac has yet to make it out of a first round series. They don't watch all 82 of your games. They don't live and die with your team.
They have no emotional attachment. Bottom line, you are all Dirk supporters, if your boy is truly going to distinguish himself then he has to win it all (same with Tracy).

I don't know, maybe you don't consider the above a bad thing. But being the homer I am, it would take nothing short of a championship for me to consider Dirk over Tracy. I'd take Tracy every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Back to the topic. We are all fanatical (sans 'fan') about our teams and superstars. Clutch has got 'tards' as does this site. This is the INTERNET for cryin' out loud, the meeting ground for iq's from 1-180.

Don't lump us all together. With that being said, ya'll will never win a championship with 'flopdaddy'. . .I swear to god, he looks like he's being sprayed with automatic weapons every time he gets touched.

(/flame-retardant suit on)

. . .focker out

endrity
03-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I never said all Rox fans are dumb, I actually think some of you are really knowledgable. I tried to post on Clutch to re-explain my position, but my account won't allow me for some reason. And yes I agree, anyone that wants to be mentioned with the best Dirk, Yao, T-Mac have to win a championship.

hburtts
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
No worries. I enjoy reading this board (along with clutch). I like to know what other fans think about my team. The only problem is you have to wade through a sea of shite to find any substance or good analysis.

We're all homers. . . it's an addicition

And1
03-30-2007, 12:04 AM
I thought that clip was dumb, and I am a rocket fan.

DOMINATOR
03-30-2007, 12:21 AM
I thought that clip was dumb, and I am a rocket fan.
same here