PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Vs Rockets first round series

Pages : [1] 2

Steve13
04-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Got to admit this is a series I'm really looking forward to one that I could see going the distance.

Both teams have inside scoring options, both teams have some good scoring guards, good enough depth and defense. Houston have the best defensive team in the league stats wise and two superstars in Yao and T-mac. Good on the ball defenders. Shane Battier was quite a pick-up for that team. Many are talking about him being the defensive player of the year this season. While also adding some offense and three-point shooting.

Utah have a very strong frontcourt with AK47, Boozer and Okur. Which is pretty tough to stop inside and out. Okur is having his best season yet while Boozer has been a consistant 20 and 10 guy all season long.

Granted the Jazz don't have any shooting guard in comparision to say Tracy Mcgrady but they do have one of the best point guards in the league and a guy 2nd to Nash in assists in Deron Williams. Compared to Houston who have only Rafer Alston who while he is a good shooter is very streaky and isn't in the class of Williams. Utah may well start Derek Fisher not only due to him being their next best option at SG but because of his great championship experience he has. Not sure match-up wise with T-mac being so much bigger than Fisher and who guards who there.

Coaching battle will be key, both JVG and Sloan are very experienced and defensive minded guys who always want their players to play hard and nothing else will be ok. Hense why JVG has been so tough on Bonzi Wells. Who If healthly could be a difference maker. E.g. his performance against the Spurs in the playoffs last season. Although yes he was in a contract year.

Yao looks to be trying to get back to his best, he struggled a little after coming back from injury now he seems to be getting back to normal.39 and 11 last game against L.A proves this.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mavs/Rockets in the 2nd round. Houston would be a tougher match-up but I dunno I want to see the Mavs beat the best possible teams and to me the Rockets are a better team than the Jazz. Mainly with Yao back as him and T-mac are one of the best two duo's in the league. They play great defense and have good role players which is dangerous for any team to face. Mainly in a 7 game series.

That said this should still be a good series and the best out of all the first round series that I see happening.

Just wanted to get my thoughts on here on the forum about two very good teams going head to head.

Although Utah have won their division the two teams are battling for who has homecourt. Funny enough the two teams meet tonight in Houston. Should be a good preview.

TheBlueVan
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
hooray for run on sentences i really like them so much they are a lot of fun to use they are hard to understand.

nowhereman
04-01-2007, 02:02 PM
they also play each other in the last game of the season. it's gonna be interesting. utah has been failing to find consistency lately - if they're going to turn it on, tonight would be a great opportunity.

Flacolaco
04-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I was just thinking of a place to put this thought, and there's the thread!!

The most significant thing that happened in terms of playoff discussion today in the NBA, was not the Suns making 2 out of every 3 shots they took, and not the Spurs losing to a shitey East team, but the Jazz winning IN HOUSTON.

That tells you a little something right there, and I'm excited to watch this series, rooting hard for the Jazz boys all the way. Utah does have some balls after all, but they need to win a LOT of games to maintain home court still.

These teams meet agian before the playoffs start don't they?

juicy.

And1
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I was just thinking of a place to put this thought, and there's the thread!!

The most significant thing that happened in terms of playoff discussion today in the NBA, was not the Suns making 2 out of every 3 shots they took, and not the Spurs losing to a shitey East team, but the Jazz winning IN HOUSTON.

That tells you a little something right there, and I'm excited to watch this series, rooting hard for the Jazz boys all the way. Utah does have some balls after all, but they need to win a LOT of games to maintain home court still.

These teams meet agian before the playoffs start don't they?juicy.

Yep, last game of the season on 4-18.

Flacolaco
04-01-2007, 11:46 PM
ah very good.

Like I said though, Jazz need to win a LOT of games.

Van Gundy's going to ride Yao like a 3$ Bejing Hooker until het gets home court advantage

And1
04-02-2007, 11:01 PM
LOL^

left texas
04-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Mavs/Rockets in the 2nd round. Houston would be a tougher match-up but I dunno I want to see the Mavs beat the best possible teams and to me the Rockets are a better team than the Jazz. Mainly with Yao back as him and T-mac are one of the best two duo's in the league. They play great defense and have good role players which is dangerous for any team to face. Mainly in a 7 game series.

The Mavs will see the best team. Like you said a 7 game series. That why we no longer have any five game series. The best team wins in seven.

shaw-xx
04-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Go Jazz, please don't let me face the Rox fans again...

*sigh* AK

Dirkadirkastan
04-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Rockets are mathematically locked at the #5 seed. They can't move up or down no matter what crazy scenario your wild imagination comes up with.

nowhereman
04-06-2007, 12:20 PM
right, but homecourt still goes to the team with the better record overall.

Dirkadirkastan
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
right, but homecourt still goes to the team with the better record overall.

Right, I was just posting random trivia for no particular reason. The fact that it's mathematical for a #5 seed this early is a little surprising, because that takes the most ridiculous extreme cases into account.

hburtts
04-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Dallas Fans:

Who do ya'll think will win this series?

Dirkadirkastan
04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Dallas Fans:

A strange thing to ponder, is it not?

We have a team that's too inexperienced to win a playoff series, against a team who's star player has failed too many times to ever win a playoff series. The idea of the Utah Jazz in the second round is foreign to me, giving how they've performed in recent years, but the idea of the Rockets there is just plain weird.

hburtts
04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
A strange thing to ponder, is it not?

We have a team that's too inexperienced to win a playoff series, against a team who's star player has failed too many times to ever win a playoff series. The idea of the Utah Jazz in the second round is foreign to me, giving how they've performed in recent years, but the idea of the Rockets there is just plain weird.

. . .and your answer is? Maybe a better question would be . . .do you care who wins?

alexamenos
04-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Dallas Fans:

hard to say, i haven't seen the jazz play in quite some time. Is the stockton - malone pick-and-roll as lethal as ever?

cheers

Dirkadirkastan
04-06-2007, 05:10 PM
. . .and your answer is? Maybe a better question would be . . .do you care who wins?

It should be an interesting series, but probably not that fun to watch. With Utah's big guys and Houston's half court style, we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s). No offense, as I mean WNBA entirely in terms of the final score.

Both teams have completely owned us once this season. I would like to see the Jazz, if only for the purpose of heckling rockettrolls (not calling you one) for never getting out of the first round. And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.

It will probably be the Rockets though, and here's why. For once, they're actually the better team in the first round. Although T-Mac has failed so many times in the past, he's had the lower seed and wasn't the favorite. They would be a tougher handful than the Jazz in the second round, but I still think the biggest problem in that situation will be all the rockettrolls cluttering the forum.

People have criticized the mental toughness of the Mavs because of last year's finals, but they have shown mental toughness in the past, e.g. Dirk is 4-0 in Game 7, and he had his famous and-one against the Spurs. On the other hand, the Rockets seem to have a much tougher time under pressure. A good example is the last Mavs/Rockets game. Did it not seem that in the final moments that T-Mac and JVG were just plain scared? T-Mac bricked the free throws and JVG wasted his timeouts too early. I'm aware that Dirk has missed big FTs in the past, and I'm aware of 13 in 35, but overall I just foresee psychological problems in Houston in the face of intense adversity.

hburtts
04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
:) :) hard to say, i haven't seen the jazz play in quite some time. Is the stockton - malone pick-and-roll as lethal as ever?

cheers

Indeed it is.

They picked us apart late in Sunday's game and we had absolutely no answer for it. I hate it, but it's damn efficient. You may remember that play from our series a couple of years ago?!!

Yes, the same series ya'll won as we choked away game 7 (just thought I'd beat you to the punch!):)

alexamenos
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
:) :)

Indeed it is.

They picked us apart late in Sunday's game and we had absolutely no answer for it. I hate it, but it's damn efficient. You may remember that play from our series a couple of years ago?!!

Yes, the same series ya'll won as we choked away game 7 (just thought I'd beat you to the punch!):)

well then, if stockton and malone are playing well I think it will be very difficult for the Rockets.

...and it would never occur to me to bring up the 116-76 curb-stomping smack-down texas sized butt-whooping from game 7.

anyhoo...how's t-mac's back? i think i'd wanna know whether he's good to go before I laid any money down.

cheers

hburtts
04-06-2007, 06:02 PM
well then, if stockton and malone are playing well I think it will be very difficult for the Rockets.

. . .can't think of a witty reply

and it would never occur to me to bring up the 116-76 curb-stomping smack-down texas sized butt-whooping from game 7.

I thought I performed a pre-emptive strike to avoid this kind of seen-it-coming from a mile away comment.

anyhoo...how's t-mac's back? i think i'd wanna know whether he's good to go before I laid any money down.

Questionable as ever (along with is heart).

cheers[/QUOTE]

DOMINATOR
04-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Questionable as ever (along with is heart).

got that right

hburtts
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s).

spot on.

And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.

No doubt you're the absolute pick for either series matchup. I'm trying to be a complete non-homer when I say this: If I were a Dallas fan, I'm rooting for Utah. You've got a tough road ahead and the Jazz are probably the path of least resistance. We can debate more on that later.

T-Mac bricked the free throws .

A reocurring theme this season. Mac's free throws have been mediocre at best. Throw in playoff intensity, and it seems to be a ripe situation for failure.

With that being said, I believe this years Rocket Team will get out of the first round. Although I've been bagging on Mac lately (he's not playing tonight and I wouldn't be suprised if he's called it in until the playoffs start:mad: ), I halfway keep expecting him to give us Houston Fans a little killer Kobe instinct and start destroying people. For us it's not rocket science (accidental play on words), Tracy is the key to our post season success. I know what Yao will give us. I know what our supporting cast gives us. If Tracy relegates himself to glorified jumpshooter extraordinaire, we're dead in the water. BUT, if he slashes to the basket and we get matched up with teams who can't front Yao effectively (Dallas being one of those teams); we are going to be hell to deal with and I like our chances against anybody (save Pheonix)

Underdog
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I have no doubt that Jazz/Rockets will be the biggest first round series this season, although if Heat & Cavs face off, that might be equally big (depending on Diva...)

haywoodjay
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
It should be an interesting series, but probably not that fun to watch. With Utah's big guys and Houston's half court style, we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s). No offense, as I mean WNBA entirely in terms of the final score.

Both teams have completely owned us once this season. I would like to see the Jazz, if only for the purpose of heckling rockettrolls (not calling you one) for never getting out of the first round. And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.

It will probably be the Rockets though, and here's why. For once, they're actually the better team in the first round. Although T-Mac has failed so many times in the past, he's had the lower seed and wasn't the favorite. They would be a tougher handful than the Jazz in the second round, but I still think the biggest problem in that situation will be all the rockettrolls cluttering the forum.

People have criticized the mental toughness of the Mavs because of last year's finals, but they have shown mental toughness in the past, e.g. Dirk is 4-0 in Game 7, and he had his famous and-one against the Spurs. On the other hand, the Rockets seem to have a much tougher time under pressure. A good example is the last Mavs/Rockets game. Did it not seem that in the final moments that T-Mac and JVG were just plain scared? T-Mac bricked the free throws and JVG wasted his timeouts too early. I'm aware that Dirk has missed big FTs in the past, and I'm aware of 13 in 35, but overall I just foresee psychological problems in Houston in the face of intense adversity.

i'm a houston fan born and raised, but i think this is a pretty good analysis. the rockets biggest weakness - by far - is that they are mentally soft. not an ounce of killer instinct in the whole team. when the game comes down to the line, you can damn near guarantee that the rockets will miss crucial ft's, miss defensive assignments, turn the ball over, miss wide open looks, or take a horrible shot.... and unfortunately, tmac is not the player he was 2 years ago.

when we're on, i think we're as good as any team in team inthe league... but we're missing that mental toughness that a team needs to win the title. it gets very frustrating.

endrity
04-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I think the key to the series would be T-Mac, IF his back holds up. The Jazz have been killed all season by talented 2 guards (Kobe, Allen, Arenas come to mind) because they really have no one to put there. All season long the recurring theme and adjustment that the Jazz have made is who the 2 starter is. They go from Derek Fisher to Gordon Giricek all the time, however no one is capable of defending all star caliber wing players. Kirilenko was always challenged a little bit on the speed departament, as he is 6-9 or 6-10 and plus he seems not to give a shit this year anyway. If I would lay money I would say Rox however I would prefer to play the Jazz as a Mav fan. Contrary to popular belief the Jazz have a tendency to get into high scoring affairs, which would favor the Mavs. Also they have no one to guard Dirk or Howard, it might cause them huge matchup problems. Dirk owned Kirilienko two years ago in the European Championship and has never really been bothered by him. If they put Boozer on Dirk I would love it, Booz would get more tired and in foul trouble without serious possibilities of stopping him. However all of this is a 2nd round issue. I really really don't wanna see the T-Mac and Yao pick and roll again for a whole series, but I get a feeling I will and they are bound to cause us some problems.

rakesh.s
04-07-2007, 07:33 PM
first to 65 will win each game....this will probably have the lowest ratings of any nba playoff series ever.

Tokey41
04-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Can't wait for this series, in the long haul I'm going against the general consensus here and going with the Jazz in 6. They have an amazing froncourt (Yao can't guard them all), a PG that rivals Chris Paul (although many people don't realize it), and a superior coach (VG only coaches one side of the court). The only glaring weakness everyone knows about is the SG spot so hopefully Tmac is healthy to exploit it.

I think a second round either would be interesting, don't know which i'd prefer. Probably the Jazz because of the Rockets trolls factor.

pkdumas
04-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Both the Rockets and the Jazz look horrible and/or banged up right now. The second round will be as easy as the first for the Mavs this year.

And1
04-08-2007, 01:37 AM
we shall see^^

nowhereman
04-08-2007, 02:31 AM
first to 65 will win each game....this will probably have the lowest ratings of any nba playoff series ever.

yao alone will prevent this from being the case

Janett_Reno
04-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree with tokey41 post and i'll go with Utah in 6 but a good series and hard fault. Ming must really dominate and Boozer has been so good and Utah is just to physical. The point guard Utah has, no one has even heard of, b ut go ook at his numbers. Utah hs so many physical players and some can shoot but he is right, at times the shooting guard position get's them. They are making up a pretty good team and need to add to it with a good shooter next year.

Houston's coach is a defensive coach so this should be a great physical series. Ming must not get in foul trouble because this would kill them.

u2sarajevo
04-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Utah sucks.

Flacolaco
04-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Roger

EricaLubarsky
04-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Its kinda like forcing two opposed magnets to be together on a beer can-- when you let go one will fly off, but you really have to wonder why anyone would put two magnets on a beercan in the first place since they obviously don't belong.

Flacolaco
04-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Its kinda like forcing two opposed magnets to be together on a beer can-- when you let go one will fly off, but you really have to wonder why anyone would put two magnets on a beercan in the first place since they obviously don't belong.

You are on some kind of fire tonig..... wait...wait...

What kind of beer?

u2sarajevo
04-10-2007, 12:02 AM
*gets out list.... rights down beer in aluminum cans, 2 magnets*

*starts to head out to store until he realizes it's past midight*

*decides to call it a night and make his beer and magnet run tomorrow*

Tokey41
04-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Utah sucks.

It's convincing arguments like these that make me realize I'm wrong.

But just to clarify... in what areas do you see the Rockets being clearly superior in? Why do they suck less than Utah?

And1
04-10-2007, 01:51 AM
It's convincing arguments like these that make me realize I'm wrong.

But just to clarify... in what areas do you see the Rockets being clearly superior in? Why do they suck less than Utah?

Northwest W L PCT GB CONF DIV HOME ROAD L 10 STREAK
Utah5nw 48 29 0.623 0.0 29-18 9-5 29-8 19-21 4-6 L 4

This might give you a clue.;)

Flacolaco
04-10-2007, 08:39 AM
When scoreboarding the super awesome Utah Jazz is the coolest thing you can do.... I dont know... kind of sad.

EricaLubarsky
04-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Houston is 6-4 over the last 10, which isn't all that great. If you had caught them a couple of games ago you could also say that they were on a losing streak of their own, losing to the Utah Jazz, the Warriors and the Trailblazers.

Rockets also are 1-2 so far against the Jazz and are notorious for their ability to blow a good season with an awful first-round series.

Dirkadirkastan
04-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I know this technically doesn't matter but...

I thought the official seeding rules said that the three division winners all get top four seeds, regardless of record. Of course, this wouldn't help Utah right now because Houston's better record still takes home court. But I thought we'd see a "4" next to Utah and "5" next to Houston either way.

But now the NBA website lists Houston as the official #4 seed. Am I missing something?

And1
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
When scoreboarding the super awesome Utah Jazz is the coolest thing you can do.... I dont know... kind of sad.

seems like some of you are doing the same with the warriors:rolleyes:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27384

Flacolaco
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
seems like some of you are doing the same with the warriors:rolleyes:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27384

On the contrary, I think as a whole we're giving the Warriors too much respect. Not scoreboarding them.

And1
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Houston is 6-4 over the last 10, which isn't all that great. If you had caught them a couple of games ago you could also say that they were on a losing streak of their own, losing to the Utah Jazz, the Warriors and the Trailblazers.

Rockets also are 1-2 so far against the Jazz and are notorious for their ability to blow a good season with an awful first-round series.

First of all yes, these are explanations/excuses so sthu.;)
They are losing with their full squad, minus ak47 recently.

On the roxs 3 game skid: Portland loss: Tmac/Yao DNP
Warriors loss: Mutombo DNP(yes that matters)
Jizz 3pt loss: Luther head(who is cold blooded from the 3)DNP
http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/3PointS.jsp?league=00&season=22006&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=4

Jizz 4 game slide: Warriors loss/Seattle loss: AK47 out
Portland/SAC: NO DNPs of significance

They lost a 22 pt lead to lose to the sonics in the 4th Q. They(seattle supercolonics) tried to do that with the Roxs and we beat them down. Their center Collison had a gang tackle on Yao Ming that would have made Mario Williams proud.
http://china.nba.com/200704houvideo/82575.html

Watch what happens to Portland when we play them on Wed. without any significant DNPs.

They took Dallas to 7 games 2 yrs ago, nobody expected that series to go more than 5 games. So, this yr nobody expects much and they will deliver in the postseason. How far, who knows. But the Jizz, not worried about them.

alexamenos
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
But the Jizz, not worried about them.[/COLOR]

jizz.....i've got the sense of humor of an 8th grader, and yet somehow i've missed this one.

the nba is gonna have a rocket-jizz series.

And1
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
jizz.....i've got the sense of humor of an 8th grader, and yet somehow i've missed this one.

the nba is gonna have a rocket-jizz series.

I just started calling them this recently. But I know I did not coin it.

Control F: Jizz here:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/malonekickhorry.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/jazzholes-2002.html&h=504&w=387&sz=87&hl=en&start=11&tbnid=RH9cJHcT33qzMM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3DUtah%2BJizz%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26 hl%3Den

alexamenos
04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I know this technically doesn't matter but...

I thought the official seeding rules said that the three division winners all get top four seeds, regardless of record. Of course, this wouldn't help Utah right now because Houston's better record still takes home court. But I thought we'd see a "4" next to Utah and "5" next to Houston either way.

But now the NBA website lists Houston as the official #4 seed. Am I missing something?

i just looked at the nba site and it shows houston in the 5 spot.

incidentally....I like the nba's seeding system, but I think the nba should give the higher seeded team the home court in at least the first round. A team wins its divisiion--it gets home court. A team can't finish in the top two of its division--it's going on the road. voila, divisions mean something.

cheers

kingmalaki
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM

incidentally....I like the nba's seeding system, but I think the nba should give the higher seeded team the home court in at least the first round. A team wins its divisiion--it gets home court. A team can't finish in the top two of its division--it's going on the road. voila, divisions mean something.

cheers

The seeding isn't as important as who won more games. Teams play enough games against teams from other divisions in their conference as to where what division you are in isn't as important...as far as saying team X played in the Pacific and had it rougher. This isn't true for conference play though. Whoever has the best record should always have homecourt.

I think this will be a good series as both teams are strong in the weak areas of the other team. They have us beat at the PG and PF spots, which will make it difficult, but they don't really have that one person to give the ball to in crunch time when things break down....that stabilizer to go to when you just need a bucket.

Dirkadirkastan
04-10-2007, 01:39 PM

I guess they fired that intern then.

alexamenos
04-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Whoever has the best record should always have homecourt.

....i disagree, obviously.

cheers

alexamenos
04-10-2007, 02:29 PM
what's up with bonzi??? Sounds like the dude is pulling a Leon Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2831367

------------------

SEATTLE -- Bonzi Wells' trying first season with the Houston Rockets took a strange turn on Monday night when the veteran guard didn't join his team for their game against the Seattle SuperSonics, a 95-90 victory.

Wells was not with the team during their walkthrough on Monday morning and wasn't in the arena before the game, coach Jeff Van Gundy said. Wells left a voice message for Rockets' athletic trainer Keith Jones saying he felt he was disrupting the chemistry of the team, and Van Gundy was unable to get in touch with Wells.

"He's not here tonight. I don't know where he's at. I haven't talked to him," Van Gundy said. "I want to make sure he's safe first."

On the message, Wells told Jones he was fine and intended on staying in his room. That was before the Rockets' walkthrough and Jones had not spoken with him since.

"Once I know he's all right, then we'll take whatever the next step is," Van Gundy said. "We want to make sure he's all right first."

nikeball
04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
whichever team is healthier will win the series.

kingmalaki
04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
....i disagree, obviously.

cheers

So what if the Division sucks donkey-balls? The team that wins that division should be rewarded with homecourt over say, the team playing in the Division with arguably the two best teams in basketball (Dallas and SA)?

I don't know what the hell is wrong with Bonzi. I usually think JVG is a stubborn ass but I am 100% behind him this time. he has given Wells chance after chance after chance.......

alexamenos
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
So what if the Division sucks donkey-balls? The team that wins that division should be rewarded with homecourt over say, the team playing in the Division with arguably the two best teams in basketball (Dallas and SA)?

yeah...and recall that last year that the Grizz had the 4th best record in the West -- I'm not just picking on the rockets here.

the point is that if the NBA is going to have 3 divisions in each conference (which it does), winning the division ought to count for something. Giving a division winner the 4th seed means nothing if that team doesn't get HCA over the 5th seed...ie, what's the difference for Utah if they're seeded 4th or 5th if the Rockets have HCA in the first round? There is no difference...none, nada, zilch.

So are the Rockets getting screwed by having a better record over the Jazz but no HCA in the first round? Yeah, but only if we agree that winning a division doesn't mean anything. If the winning the division means something I think it's fair to say that teams that place no higher than 3rd in their division should just be grateful to be in the tourney.

incidentally...I think the NBA would be wise to make schedules a little more division oriented -- say 6 games against each of the division foes. I think it'd go a long way in increasing the intensity of the regular season (by building rivaliries).

Dirkadirkastan
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I guess they fired that intern then.

Stupid intern is back.

Now they're saying not only Houston is #4, but they're also saying Cleveland is #3 in the East.

chumdawg
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
The Rockets will have the home court if they have the better record. Nothing has changed along these lines.

And1
04-16-2007, 11:58 PM
The Rockets will have the home court.

Plus one.

Roxs have HCA.:p

Dirkadirkastan
04-17-2007, 12:38 AM
If T-mac doesn't win this first round series, then he never will.

TheBlueVan
04-17-2007, 12:49 AM

Sweet Moses's Ghost that would be delicious

And1
04-17-2007, 01:13 AM

it takes 5, are you a fool.:confused: ;)

Gotta admit that was prime, And1. Nice work.

But yeah, the pressure's on, Tracy! You got HCA, an opponent that's backsliding in and an All-Star sidekick who's coming back into form. The set is prepped, the lights are on and the camera is rolling. Show us something, Trace-man.

thanks..and yes tmac has perform and help the roxs win this series, from there..who knows.

rabbitproof
04-17-2007, 02:29 AM
Gotta admit that was prime, And1. Nice work.

But yeah, the pressure's on, Tracy! You got HCA, an opponent that's backsliding in and an All-Star sidekick who's coming back into form. The set is prepped, the lights are on and the camera is rolling. Show us something, Trace-man.

nowhereman
04-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Has T-Mac already started talking about how great it is to win a series? Or is he going to save that gem for midway through the series?

chumdawg
04-17-2007, 02:52 AM
For all the talk about TMac never getting out of the first round, it remains true that this is the first time his team has had the home court in the first round. He is finally in position to get out of the first round...and I fully expect that he will.

Dirkadirkastan
04-17-2007, 03:42 AM
For all the talk about TMac never getting out of the first round, it remains true that this is the first time his team has had the home court in the first round. He is finally in position to get out of the first round...and I fully expect that he will.

And this is why I said if he doesn't do it now, he never will. It's all but being handed to him right now.

dirt_dobber
04-17-2007, 07:56 AM
I think people are overlooking the Jazz in this series. They are very balanced, athletic
and create huge match up problems for the Rockets. I don't see who on the Rockets
can keep the Jazz guard Deron W. in check, The very quick front line of the Jazz will
cause all kinds of problems for the Rockets. The Jazz are a very physical team and
Sloan will out coach Van Gumby.

TripleDipping
04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Somehow I think Utah is gonna win the series. Call it a hunch or whatever.

rabbitproof
04-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I'll pushing Houston because they got good guys. The peoples in Utah are just dirty (Sloan) or shady (Booze).

Plus, it'll make for a more interesting 2nd-round match-up.

u2sarajevo
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Houston will win this series. If they don't I will change my avatar to a girl ballerina in a pink tu-tu (after the Mavs season is over and only for a month).

But I'm confident you won't be seeing any tu-tu's.

Flacolaco
04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, Pistons.

Book it.

u2sarajevo
04-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Book it.????

I assume Pistons was meant to be Phoenix and you are predicting the 1st round wins?

So you don't have faith in the Mavericks?

Windmill360
04-17-2007, 02:22 PM
[We will play] Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, Pistons.

Book it.

I thnk is what he meant.

u2sarajevo
04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
OH... thanks Windmill.

I thought his negativity was coming out prematurely again.

;)

Flacolaco
04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
OH... thanks Windmill.

I thought his negativity was coming out prematurely again.

;)

Come on u2....I have faith in Avery.

Dave Tippet however, gives me cancer when I watch his team play.

paintingshade
04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I really hope we get a rematch in the second round. I do believe that the mavs will probably win but I just wanna watch a series as exciting as the 04-05 one (minus that hicup at the end)

And1
04-18-2007, 01:33 PM

Book it.

I hope GS wins tonight b/c Nellie vs. Avery ie gsws vs mavs will be very exciting.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Good game so far, who are you guys rooting for? Who would be the harder matchup for us?

some-dude
04-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Utah looks really strong right now.

some-dude
04-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Deron Williams may very well get his first career triple double in this game.

8 Points, 6 Assists, 8 Boards at half.

Tokey41
04-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Go Jazz.

rakesh.s
04-21-2007, 09:55 PM
i like mcgrady but he gagged in the first half...

If derek fisher keeps playing the way he is right now, houston doesn't have a chance in this series.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I think the Rockets will win this series, but it's going to be a close one.

Deron Williams has looked very good so far.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:14 PM
AK hurt again...

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
McGrady heating up, not good news for the Jazz.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow, Fisher blows the layup and Okur blows the follow.

u2sarajevo
04-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Kirilenko is as sturdy as a corn flake.

u2sarajevo
04-21-2007, 10:32 PM
And Yao is a stud.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow, Luther Head got lucky on that offensive set lol

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:44 PM
14-9-9 for Deron Williams, he's been great.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 10:47 PM
The Jazz are done, the Rox have game 1.

some-dude
04-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Rockets defense has been suffocating this second half.

chumdawg
04-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I have grown bored with this game, and switched to SNL.

I might check back later.

T-Mac is awesome.

chumdawg
04-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, I just checked back, and it looks like it's over. T-Mac is a man on a mission, and the Jazz look overmatched.

some-dude
04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Jazz arent gonna win many games when Boozer and Okur go 6-31.

nashtymavsfan13
04-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Yep, T-Mac just took over, the Jazz haven't been able to guard good SG's all year and couldn't do it tonight.

DOMINATOR
04-21-2007, 11:25 PM
im glad T-mac settled down and Okur never got hot.

chumdawg
04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
To give credit where credit is due, TMac is a HELL of a basketball player. Outside the Mavs, there are only two guys I would, as the vernacular goes, pay to watch: Nash and McGrady. In fact, I'm still kinda shellshocked by his performance against us in '05.

Well, until the last game, that is. But he was understandably exhausted and beaten by then.

kingmalaki
04-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Whew....glad we got a win. I was at the game and it was the loudest that I've ever seen it (we generally have some passive fans). I think this is gonna be a good series....as long as AK-47 isn't hurt.

D.Williams is a stud by the way......

Flacolaco
04-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Whew....glad we got a win. I was at the game and it was the loudest that I've ever seen it (we generally have some passive fans). I think this is gonna be a good series....as long as AK-47 isn't hurt.

We?

Did the Mavs play tonight?

DOMINATOR
04-22-2007, 01:51 AM
We?

Did the Mavs play tonight?
do you see Mavs in the thread title?

Flacolaco
04-22-2007, 01:53 AM
this isn't a rockets board.

Nor is it a Jazz board. Still inconceivable why a fan of either would be here. Fans in our league, like Spurs fans, should be interested here.

DOMINATOR
04-22-2007, 01:55 AM

Nor is it a Jazz board. Still inconceivable why a fan of either would be here. Fans in our league, like Spurs fans, should be interested here.
figured a mav's fan would be interested in who they might be facing in the second round.
why do you always de-rail any thread that doesnt have to do with the mavs?

Flacolaco
04-22-2007, 01:56 AM
figured a mav's fan would be interested in who they might be facing in the second round.
why do you always de-rail any thread that doesnt have to do with the mavs?

DALLAS-MAVS.COM

I'm not interested in any lousy second round ho-hum matchups. Bring on the Spurs. Bring on Detroit.

DOMINATOR
04-22-2007, 02:13 AM
DALLAS-MAVS.COM

I'm not interested in any lousy second round ho-hum matchups. Bring on the Spurs. Bring on Detroit.
thats fine... you may not want to know anything about other teams but look at all the mav fans that have posted in this thread obviously they are interested. dont like what the thread is about then dont read it.

Flacolaco
04-22-2007, 02:20 AM
thats fine... you may not want to know anything about other teams but look at all the mav fans that have posted in this thread obviously they are interested. dont like what the thread is about then dont read it.

Hey I'm just telling you what I am personally interested in, not what all the other members are. I cannot speak for them. By all means, keep on posting. BTW, what we want to find out about other teams, we learn from professional writers, not forum posters.

I can only hope you've spent an equal amount of time on whatever spurs message boards exist (Im not sure what they're called. I've never felt so inadequate about my own team that I've felt the need to go seeking out approval from others)

nashtymavsfan13
04-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Relax Flaco, it's in the Around the NBA forum and it's going to be a good hard fought series. I don't like fans from other teams for the most part either, but if they aren't trolling and they are posting in the right section try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Flacolaco
04-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Relax Flaco, it's in the Around the NBA forum and it's going to be a good hard fought series. I don't like fans from other teams for the most part either, but if they aren't trolling and they are posting in the right section try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I know...he's not trolling. But I'm trying to put myself in his shoes. What would make ME go to another teams forum?

Nothing. I'm perfectly happy here. I'm confident in Avery, I'm confident in the rotation,and I'm confident in Dirk. I would never go anywhere else, because anyone else's opinions are irrelevant to me.

I'm a Mavs fan and I'll stick to a Mavs forum. I would never go out of my way to push my unsolicited ramblings on another team. I am very lucky to able to say that. Apparently insecurity and jealousy reign supreme among other fanatics.

come_on_now
04-22-2007, 04:54 AM
I think the Rockets will win this series, but it's going to be a close one.

Deron Williams has looked very good so far.

Is it me or does Deron Willimas look like he's got a touch of Down Syndrom goin' on? Good player though.

haywoodjay
04-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I know...he's not trolling. But I'm trying to put myself in his shoes. What would make ME go to another teams forum?

Nothing. I'm perfectly happy here. I'm confident in Avery, I'm confident in the rotation,and I'm confident in Dirk. I would never go anywhere else, because anyone else's opinions are irrelevant to me.

I'm a Mavs fan and I'll stick to a Mavs forum. I would never go out of my way to push my unsolicited ramblings on another team. I am very lucky to able to say that. Apparently insecurity and jealousy reign supreme among other fanatics.

or maybe you just take the internet way too seriously.

but congrats on the whole insecurity and jealousy thing.... nice to know you're at a good point in your e-life.

some-dude
04-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Is it me or does Deron Willimas look like he's got a touch of Down Syndrom goin' on? Good player though.

It's just you...

TheBlueVan
04-22-2007, 12:15 PM

if one of Down Syndrome's symptoms is excessive tattoos, then yes, i think he does have it

And1
04-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Have you heard anything else about AK47? I saw him limping off the court, but I didn't hear any follow up on him.

nashtymavsfan13
04-22-2007, 01:46 PM

I completley agree, I don't really see why fans of other teams come on our board either. I think it's because they either want to see what we're thinking, or learn more about the Mavs because we might meet up in the playoffs.

rakesh.s
04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Have you heard anything else about AK47? I saw him limping off the court, but I didn't hear any follow up on him.

kirilenko has worn out his welcome with the jazz.

they're paying him the max to get 8 points and 6 boards a game? ouch.

Why isn't he playing hard and being a star? He was great 2 years ago when he put up the 15 points, 5 boards, 5 ast, 5 stl, 5 block games...

Now he's a chump.

dude1394
04-22-2007, 04:07 PM
kirilenko has worn out his welcome with the jazz.

they're paying him the max to get 8 points and 6 boards a game? ouch.

Why isn't he playing hard and being a star? He was great 2 years ago when he put up the 15 points, 5 boards, 5 ast, 5 stl, 5 block games...

Now he's a chump.

I think he took us his wife on her offer way too much.

tmac1
04-22-2007, 05:43 PM
I hope you guys know that not all Rockets fans are trolls. I didn't know it was so big an issue here. Anyway, looking forward to the Dallas-GS matchup later tonight, I honestly don't know what to expect. Good luck, but not too much, as I'd prefer a GS win.

And1
04-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I hope you guys know that not all Rockets fans are trolls. I didn't know it was so big an issue here. Anyway, looking forward to the Dallas-GS matchup later tonight, I honestly don't know what to expect. Good luck, but not too much, as I'd prefer a GS win.

contribute, or leave.

kingmalaki
04-22-2007, 06:53 PM

This is a thread about the JAZZ AND ROCKETS in the Around the NBA forum. What's inconceivable is why you would have an issue with a fan from another team posting in a thread such as this one. How much sense does that make?

To answer your question, folks post in other forums to either discuss their teams with unbiased fans (discuss, not "get approval or validation") or because they are a general fan of the NBA, which means enjoying watching other teams.

Underdog
04-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Since this thread is about the Rockets & the Jazz, let me be the first to say that both teams can suck it!

tmac1
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
contribute, or leave.

bit rich coming from you.

And1
04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
:confused: bit rich coming from you.

It was a joke, I too am a roxs fan.

btw, what the hell does that mean: bit rich coming from you. :confused:

DOMINATOR
04-22-2007, 10:31 PM
:confused:

btw, what the hell does that mean: :confused:
hes saying typically you dont add much to a thread/conversation.

tmac1
04-22-2007, 10:35 PM
:confused:

It was a joke, I too am a roxs fan.

btw, what the hell does that mean: :confused:

woops, sorry. But then again, it was kinda hard to catch the sarcasm there.

And1
04-23-2007, 12:31 AM
woops, sorry. But then again, it was kinda hard to catch the sarcasm there.

dammmmm it, I should of used one of these:D j/k

I just assumed you knew that and1 is that roxs fan that people here love to beat up on.

MFFL
04-23-2007, 12:45 AM

I don't mind Rocket fans posting in the NBA section - I consider it an open forum.

And I hope the Rockets win this series - the Mavs have WAAAY too much trouble with the Utah type teams (super athletic front courts). I think the Mavs would have far less trouble with the Rockets - they play a more traditional lineup and are easier matchups.

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
04-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Who would of thought The Rockets would be the only Texas team to win their game 1?

Ironically even though they're the lowest seed I think the Rockets got the easiest draw. The Jazz have been playing horrible for over a month. Golden State and Denver are red hot.

Fate is so cruel.

Dirkadirkastan
04-23-2007, 09:28 AM
and1 is that roxs fan that people here love to beat up on.

That's because you repeatedly soil yourself with no instigation, as you just demonstrated here. Geez.

alexamenos
04-23-2007, 10:45 AM
just two comments:

1. Rockets looked great in the 2nd half -- great on both ends of the court;

2. Rockets fans 'round here are drooling morons no matter how many games the Rockets wins...

DOMINATOR
04-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Who would of thought The Rockets would be the only Texas team to win their game 1?

Ironically even though they're the lowest seed I think the Rockets got the easiest draw. The Jazz have been playing horrible for over a month. Golden State and Denver are red hot.

Fate is so cruel.
completely agree

EricaLubarsky
04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
hard to believe that the Suns, Spurs or Mavs would play more than 4 games against the Jazz.

antoinewalker
04-23-2007, 01:28 PM

Fate is so cruel.
lol, excuses excuses...

some-dude
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
At a loss: Kirilenko stewing over lack of playing time

By Tim Buckley
Deseret Morning News
HOUSTON While Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady was busy scoring 22 of his 23 points during Saturday night's second half of Game 1 in the first-round NBA playoff series between Houston and Utah, the Jazz's Andrei Kirilenko spent all but about seven minutes waiting on the bench.
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret Morning News
Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko speaks with the media after practice Sunday in Houston.
Waiting to go back in.
And wondering.
Wondering why he sat for so long.
And stewing.
Oh, was he ever stewing.
Late Sunday morning, all the waiting and wondering and, yes, even the stewing, caught up with Kirilenko so much so it began to seep out in a flood of emotion, tears welling and trickling too quickly for a towel to dab them all as he spoke about playing so little in the Jazz's 84-75 loss.
"I mean, when you don't play and when you can help your team," Kirilenko said, "it is disappointing."
If weeping is not permitted in the playoffs, it seems someone did not get the memo.
"When you play this kind of game, you're always ready to go into the game," said Kirilenko, disappointment oozing in his damp eyes. "Especially playoffs, especially (when) intensity of the game is really high and you expect yourself to play. But you can't control everything."
Equally frustrated these days with his inability to command Kirilenko's play and perhaps even his feelings is Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, who expressed as much Sunday.
"I know it's very uncomfortable for him. It's very uncomfortable for me," Sloan said. "I'm not happy with it, but I don't know how to handle it. I'm not equipped."
So went the post-Game 1 meltdown for the Jazz, who were torched by the Rockets as McGrady and center Yao Ming combined for 51 of Houston's points Saturday.
Asked if he could have done anything to slow the flow from McGrady, who ignited a game-changing 18-4 Rockets run that began just as Utah's starting small forward from Russia exited in the third quarter, Kirilenko was quite candid.
"I don't know. He's a great player, and everybody knows that," he said. "I mean, on him, off him, I think I can be a much better contributor on the floor. ... I think I can be valuable for the team on the court."
Not, it went unsaid, off.
Asked if he thinks things will change for tonight's Game 2 in the best-of-seven series, Kirilenko who left when Utah was up 49-41, and did not return until his backup, Matt Harpring, fouled out with seven seconds to go shrugged from a seat on the very same bench upon which he was perched the night before.
"I don't know," he said. "I'm not responsible for this aspect.
"I don't know what I can do about it," added Kirilenko, who was yanked from the Jazz lineup after missing a 9-foot turnaround jumper on a possession that ended with Utah committing a 24-second clock violation. "I'm not responsible for the time on the floor."
The man who is sat on a chair clear across the Toyota Center court from Kirilenko following Utah's Sunday morning practice.
There, Sloan made it clear he had no plans to console his flustered forward in any touchy-feely sort of way.
"You can tell guys they've got to play. That's up to them. They have to go play," he said. "I can't handle that stuff for them."
Sloan made no bones about why he did not go back to Kirilenko, even after McGrady had capped off a personal 16-point third quarter by knocking down a 21-foot jumper and a 3-pointer in the period's final 41 seconds.
Utah needed to make up points in the fourth quarter, and Sloan evidently did not think Kirilenko could make a positive impact on the offensive end.
"The reason why I didn't: Andrei, he's got to make some shots," Sloan said. "They were dropping off of him and not even guarding him when he was on the floor. So, what am I giving up? And what am I gaining?
"I thought Matt Harpring played pretty well," the Jazz coach added with regard to the veteran reserve who finished with 14 points on 7-of-14 field shooting. "I mean, what am I going to do? Take him out? I felt like I had to have him on the floor."
Another option might have been to stay with Harpring and spell starting shooting guard Derek Fisher with Kirilenko.
Sloan, though, made it known he was dissuaded from doing that based in large part on Kirilenko's play earlier in the game on both ends.
"All I see is the results when you're playing," he said. "You've got to have something happen."
Kirilenko known as a hustle player capable of changing a game with his energetic play wound up with one block, one steal, one rebound, one assist and two points on 1-of-3 field shooting with two missed free throws in his 16 minutes Saturday.
That wasn't anywhere near good enough for Sloan, who also made it understood he did not go into the night necessarily planning on having Kirilenko sit so long.
"No," he said, "I've got to play on emotions that I see in the game."
Sloan went on to say he'll be counting on Kirilenko tonight.
"That's just one game," he said, adding Kirilenko may even open as McGrady's chief defender. "If he comes out and plays and gets himself involved in the game a little bit more, then that's just part of it.
"I'm not trying to hurt anybody's feelings or anything. My job is to win. And the way you do that is have everybody play hard and play well. You know, we can't do it any other way. We need Andrei's play."
"Heaven only knows how bad we need him to compete and play," Sloan added. "He's struggled a little bit all year long with what we've done. And I think he'd like to get more shots at the basket. But when they're dropping off of him and he's got the ball, he either shoots it or passes. And I don't have a problem. If he makes some shots, fine. If he doesn't, I can't do much about that. I can't shoot it for him."
Instead, what Sloan does is decide who he thinks offers the best shot at notching a victory.
"If (any player) can help me win, I don't care whether he likes me or I like him or not," he said. "I like one thing, and that's to win. I don't like the taste of defeat at all. Never have. ... I'll tell you that right now.
"And," Sloan added, "if there is a responsibility I have, I'd try to do it a little bit better; I'd try to work a little bit harder, rather than feel sorry for myself."
That's a memo that may or may not reach its apparent intended recipient.
If Kirilenko does get it, though, it probably won't be because it was heard while speaking directly with Sloan.
Not now.
Not during the playoffs.
"I hate to talk to Coach Sloan yesterday or today," Kirilenko said. "But I did talk to him in the season. So, nothing changed.
"It is frustrating. Everybody is supporting me, but they cannot do anything about it," he added. "I mean, it is frustrating to lose the game. It doesn't matter McGrady made shot, or Yao (Ming) made shot it's just tough to sit on the bench and watch it and see how we lose it."

kingrex
04-23-2007, 05:02 PM
The Rockets and Jazz will get bloody, before this series is out.

This will be an ugly series and I expect McGrady to be banged around pretty good tonight (typical of Sloan's teams).

rabbitproof
04-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Go Yao Go!

dude1394
04-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Shocking to see kirilienko being so marginalized.

Flacolaco
04-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Go Yao Go!

Are you high?

rabbitproof
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Are you high?

Well, I'm not low.

The Rockets are made of good guys and T-Mac/Yao earned my respect two years ago. Would like to see them advance one round (and one round only).

nashtymavsfan13
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I feel for AK, he used to be such a good player, I donno what happened. He didn't actually look too bad in game 1, he deserved much more PT than he got.

Flacolaco
04-23-2007, 11:02 PM
The Jazz are some kind of scrub ass team aren't they?

chumdawg
04-23-2007, 11:12 PM
AK is still in the doghouse?

Utah is playing like the "#8 seed".

Five-ofan
04-23-2007, 11:13 PM
boozer is destroying yao.

Five-ofan
04-23-2007, 11:17 PM
more bad officiating, yao blatantly traveled.

DOMINATOR
04-23-2007, 11:24 PM
2 down 2 to go for the rockets.

some-dude
04-23-2007, 11:37 PM
The Jazz are some kind of scrub ass team aren't they?

The series doesn't truly get intersting until a home team loses a game. Rockets took care of business, time for Utah to do the same.

Honestly, the Rockets didnt look all that much better than the Jazz. Maybe going back to Utah will re-energize the Jazz and they can make it a 3 game series...afterall, they did go 31-10 at home. This series isnt over yet.

kingmalaki
04-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Series isn't over yet, but I am happy to see us still winning games even though we are shooting like crap.

Boozer was a beast tonight. I like the way we are defending him. If the jumpers fall they just fall.....

4cwebb
04-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Series isn't over yet, but I am happy to see us still winning games even though we are shooting like crap.

Boozer was a beast tonight. I like the way we are defending him. If the jumpers fall they just fall.....

Boozer's jumpers weren't just falling, they were all seemingly pure, hitting nothing but net nearly each time he shot the basketball. He just didn't get enough help to propel the Jazz to a road win.

And1
04-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Jump shooting(only) teams don't fare too well in the playoffs. Imagine if Okur was not a one dimensional jump shooting queen? He could play w/back to the goal and help his team in the clutch.

kingmalaki
04-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Boozer's jumpers weren't just falling, they were all seemingly pure, hitting nothing but net nearly each time he shot the basketball. He just didn't get enough help to propel the Jazz to a road win.

I would rather have him shooting jumpers than have him wrecking havok inside the paint, or creating opportunities for Okur or other Jazz shooters.

FINtastic
04-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Well, I'm not low.

The Rockets are made of good guys and T-Mac/Yao earned my respect two years ago. Would like to see them advance one round (and one round only).

This may sound crazy, but I'm going to say it anyways - I like the Rockets the most out of any other team in the west, besides the Mavs of course. I've always kinda liked T-Mac, and I don't really have a problem with Yao or anything. Now that doesn't mean I don't want to beat the crap out of them in the second round, but if I had to choose a favorite team out of the other 7 teams in the Western bracket, I'd probably go with the Rockets.

alexamenos
04-24-2007, 10:17 AM
This may sound crazy, but I'm going to say it anyways - I like the Rockets the most out of any other team in the west, besides the Mavs of course. I've always kinda liked T-Mac, and I don't really have a problem with Yao or anything. Now that doesn't mean I don't want to beat the crap out of them in the second round, but if I had to choose a favorite team out of the other 7 teams in the Western bracket, I'd probably go with the Rockets.

i think the Rockets are a bunch of baby-killing puppy-kicking communists........but they're looking damn good against the jazz.

DarenG
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
This series is over. I think that Jazz might win 1 game but they seem deflated to me.

hyphyhoopster
04-24-2007, 02:28 PM
ideally, i would rather have the rockets win over utah. that way in a week from now Tmac will start have his reoccuring back spasms (which he has very frequently, i would know, i had him on my fantasy team) and the warriors should be able to defeat them quite easily.

And1
04-24-2007, 03:01 PM
ideally, i would rather have the rockets win over utah. that way in a week from now Tmac will start have his reoccuring back spasms (which he has very frequently, i would know, i had him on my fantasy team) and the warriors should be able to defeat them quite easily.

that word is key here
I don't really know what to expect playing the mavs or the gsws in 2nd round, so I will refrain from commenting.

I will say that McGrady's back is fine.;)

hyphyhoopster
04-24-2007, 03:20 PM
meh tmac and yao can combine to score 60 for all i care. where are they gonna get the rest of their points? rafer is weak. hayes is weak. juwan howard is washed up. Yao will not be able to handle the constant barrage of 2 guards hitting the lane. besides tmac, every player can on gs can take there man 1 on 1.

something tells me utah is gonna push back at home. deron williams and monta ellis are tied for most improved player. AK will step it up. either way. both teams are entirely defeatable. the team where there will not be a coin flip is spurs. suns in a series will be hard but i think gs can match their firepower for a couple games.

Five-ofan
04-24-2007, 03:22 PM
meh tmac and yao can combine to score 60 for all i care. where are they gonna get the rest of their points? rafer is weak. hayes is weak. juwan howard is washed up. Yao will not be able to handle the constant barrage of 2 guards hitting the lane. besides tmac, every player can on gs can take there man 1 on 1.

something tells me utah is gonna push back at home. deron williams and monta ellis are tied for most improved player. AK will step it up. either way. both teams are entirely defeatable. the team where there will not be a coin flip is spurs. suns in a series will be hard but i think gs can match their firepower for a couple games.
i find it odd someone is talking like this from a gs perspective.

hyphyhoopster
04-24-2007, 03:37 PM
well lets say the bball gods decide to favor dallas and let them slip to second round.

position by position analysis vs houston:

5. yao vs diop and damp - the only thing dallas can do is foul and hope for the best. Yao owns both offensively, damp might be able to muscle 6 pts thru. yaou will score 28 pts and grap 11 boards a game.

4/3. shane + juwan vs josh or dirk? - we know shane will play some hard physical d until he fouls out. juwan is a vet. on the glass shane, juwan, hayes will win out. scoring wise dirk and josh will win. so the advantage is not as big.

2. tmac vs terry - tmac wins, although terry will always have his jumper and will score proably 15 pts a game. tmac will dump 35+ pts.

1. rafer vs devin - its a wash. devin does show signs of potential but he really needs to be more consistent.

bench: again dallas will be killed. stack will need to step up big time.

coach: van gundy vs avery - wash.

overall: dallas will need to work to get boards and will need to hit jumpers. it will be hard to drive against yao and dirty ass shane. I think shane will foul devin hard to get in his head early.

The Crippler
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
well lets say the bball gods decide to favor dallas and let them slip to second round.

position by position analysis vs houston:

5. yao vs diop and damp - the only thing dallas can do is foul and hope for the best. Yao owns both offensively, damp might be able to muscle 6 pts thru. yaou will score 28 pts and grap 11 boards a game.

4/3. shane + juwan vs josh or dirk? - we know shane will play some hard physical d until he fouls out. juwan is a vet. on the glass shane, juwan, hayes will win out. scoring wise dirk and josh will win. so the advantage is not as big.

2. tmac vs terry - tmac wins, although terry will always have his jumper and will score proably 15 pts a game. tmac will dump 35+ pts.

1. rafer vs devin - its a wash. devin does show signs of potential but he really needs to be more consistent.

bench: again dallas will be killed. stack will need to step up big time.

coach: van gundy vs avery - wash.

overall: dallas will need to work to get boards and will need to hit jumpers. it will be hard to drive against yao and dirty ass shane. I think shane will foul devin hard to get in his head early.

no one could be this stupid.

yao is better, but Damp and Diop play him very well. Definite advantage to Hou.

Shane/Juwan and Josh/Dirk is close? idiotic statement. on the glass? You are talking about one of the best rebounding small forwards in the league in Josh Howard and then Dirk Nowitzki who is more than competent. You realize that Juwan Howard avg. 7 boards a game and Battier avg. 4? Josh Howard pulled 6.8/game in the SAME AMOUNT OF MINUTES. Dirk, he only pulled 9/game. Chuck Hayes? F'n please...I'm not worried about a 6'6" power forward and I know that Dallas is not. Huge advantage Dallas

TMac always gives us trouble. But Terry gets 18 or 19/game against Houston. Look it up if you don't believe me. Advantage Hou.

And then you say Alston and Harris is a wash. Hahahaha. We're talking the same Rafer Alston who shot 37 f'n percent this year? Let that soak in for a second...
Another BIG advantage to Dallas

The bench of Dallas is 10x better than Houston. Luther Head, Hayes, Mutombo, Kirk Snyder? You are an idiot and your basketball knowledge is very limited. Another Big advantage to Dallas with Stack, Buckner, George, Diop.

Coaching...at best it's a push. But Van Gundy curled up like a bitch the last time these two faced off in game 7 of the playoffs. Give me Avery.

I know you don't like Dallas, but your overall basketball knowledge is lacking. Don't let your biases determine your posts. You would be much better off.

The Crippler
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
oh yes, Houston with a stellar 64 points tonight at Utah. They are just an awesome offensive team that anyone should be afraid of...

some-dude
04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
oh yes, Houston with a stellar 64 points tonight at Utah. They are just an awesome offensive team that anyone should be afraid of...

And all those 64 (eventually 67) points were scored by only 4 guys..

0, thats right 0 bench points.

Stranger
04-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Imagine if Okur was not a one dimensional jump shooting queen? He could play w/back to the goal and help his team in the clutch.

Sure, he's not Hakeem Olaujuwon, but Okur is tough and has actually hit a ridiculous number of clutch shots for his team this season. Back-to-the-basket guys don't necessarily excell in the clutch. The fourth quarter has never been Duncan or Shaq's time, partially due to their free-throw problems. Guards like Kobe and Ginobili see the ball more in the clutch.

kingmalaki
04-26-2007, 11:04 PM

Yep, we sucked offensively tonight. I was happy that our defense kept us in the game, but we won't get out of this series if all the role players keep missing open shots while 2-3 folks are in our stars grills. Head and Howard have played like shit this series....

Windmill360
04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I can't believe only 4 guys scored.

And1
04-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Yep, NBA playoff record:p

The Crippler
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Yep, we sucked offensively tonight. I was happy that our defense kept us in the game, but we won't get out of this series if all the role players keep missing open shots while 2-3 folks are in our stars grills. Head and Howard have played like shit this series....

well, that's because Head and Howard are shit. Just playing to their abilities. The Rox have two great players and a couple of decent role players, but those two are awful. Throw in JVG mucking up the offense, and you frequently run into problems.

left texas
04-27-2007, 08:29 AM
When Dallas win tonight, all series in the West will locked at 2 to 1. Normality?

12 Tone Melodies
04-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Yep, NBA playoff record:p

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2850828

The Jazz beat the Rockets 81-67, with only four Rockets players combining for those 67 points. There have been 2,954 postseason games in NBA history, and this was the first in which a team had fewer than five players score points. That's happened five times during the regular season, all before the 24-second shot clock was implemented in 1954.

Utah and Houston combined for a .362 field-goal percentage, the lowest for two teams in any NBA playoff game in the past three postseasons.

And1
04-28-2007, 01:26 AM
When Dallas win tonight, all series in the West will locked at 2 to 1. Normality?

You are quick with the sig pics:eek:

And1
04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
pathetic tonight

Must win on Monday or this is essentially over.

AstroRocket
04-29-2007, 04:26 PM
pathetic tonight

Must win on Monday or this is essentially over.

We suck. Only two players that are worth a shit. damn I hate JVG.

Flacolaco
04-29-2007, 04:28 PM
At least your team got to 2 wins

mav_love
04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
2 minutes to go in the fourth, rockets up by three with jazz gaining -- Tmac's wide open three from the corner... airball.

jazz dunk it on the other end. 91-90, 1:40 to go....

i guess it's not just Dirk.

DOMINATOR
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
rockets win 96-92
Tmac brought it this game... attacking and dishing 26pts 16 asst. 4 rebs.
3pt shooting showed up too along with the bench.

only bad part is rox still can't find a way to stop Boozer and yao is shooting poorly.

Flacolaco
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Houston was trying so hard to give it to them at the end but the Jazz just didn't want it

And1
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
2 minutes to go in the fourth, rockets up by three with jazz gaining -- Tmac's wide open three from the corner... airball.

jazz dunk it on the other end. 91-90, 1:40 to go....

i guess it's not just Dirk.

Tmac was amazing in this game, unlike game 4.

Dirk was amazing in 2 three pointers in the final few seconds of their loss. He needs help out there, can't do it on his own.

antoinewalker
05-01-2007, 02:25 AM
boozer's left hand owns yao.

mojoman23
05-01-2007, 02:40 AM
boozer's left hand owns yao.

hell yea... he takes him to school goin to his left. the jazz need some help from deron and okur tho. boozer has been solid.

alby
05-01-2007, 11:55 AM
they need help from AK47!! (max contract)

go any non-houston team!

Flacolaco
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
What are the Rockets doing on defense sometimes? They sort of stand in a straight line across the court just below the free throw line. It's not really a zone....its...well it's just a big line....

Flacolaco
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
The Jazz have no idea how to close this thing out.

left texas
05-03-2007, 09:12 PM
The Jazz have no idea how to close this thing out.

I hope the Warriors are in the same boat.

Flacolaco
05-03-2007, 09:14 PM
my god this awful basketball to watch

u2sarajevo
05-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Why is Ming on the bench?

Henry_VIII
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Go Utah... beat the spread

well.. at least win

some-dude
05-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Vintage AK so far in this game. 14 points, 5 blocks, 3 steals, 3 assists, 4 boards.

Flacolaco
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
They got it done. They finally got some good key buckets down the stretch.

That turnover fest in the beginning of the 4th was funny though.

Go utah....do they have a chance in game 7?

Henry_VIII
05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
This is going 7 games! Now the Mavs turn

DOMINATOR
05-04-2007, 03:08 AM
dunno what to say besides... game 7 time.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 09:09 PM
This is a pretty entertaining game. I don't think the intesity feels like a game 7 though.

Why does McGrady always look like he's trying to pinch one off?

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Battier should be the only Rocket shooting threes.

twelli
05-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Utah looks stronger in the first half. Yao has missed a lot of shots. T-Mac has to de-choke himself this time...

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 10:02 PM
The ball is flat. It dies as soon as it hits the rim.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 10:18 PM
the crowd has a cheergasm every time someone besides Yao or Miss Tracy score

DOMINATOR
05-05-2007, 10:23 PM
rockets need to pass more you cant get in a rhythm standing around watching 1 guy then be expected to hit the open shot.

i hate giricek/harpring/okur just dont respect their game.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I predict, the Rockets have a big 4th quarter and get the win.

Mostly, bc Utah has violated NBA law in having that many white people on the court at the same time.

DOMINATOR
05-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Mostly, bc Utah has violated NBA law in having that many white people on the court at the same time.
lol, thats why the rockets choked in 05 vs mavs right? Sura/barry/bowen/padgett/yao

nashtymavsfan13
05-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I think the Rox still have this.

nashtymavsfan13
05-05-2007, 10:47 PM
3 Thoughts:

1. Yao is soft, and anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

2. He sure does get a lot of calls.

3. This game is all Rox now, they'e got control of this game.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Utah is giving it to them. They look like a totally different team than in the first half IMO.

(Doesn't matter. Spurs vs Pistons in the Finals. )

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 10:49 PM
This just in: Yao still looks funny when he's upset.

jthig32
05-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I think TMac has to win this game for his supporters to still have a leg to stand on. This will be the end of "he's never won a series because he's never been on the better team".

nashtymavsfan13
05-05-2007, 10:51 PM
T-Mac might actually get out of the first round for once.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 10:53 PM
The jazz are handing it to them. this is awful.

AK 47 was huge in the last game, and invisible in this one. Carlos Boozer is still a beast.

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Is my feed that much further behind than everyone else's? I see the score at 88-88, and everyone's talking as if it's a lock for Houston.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah they're trying to show a little balls here. We'll see.

(go utah)

Dirkadirkastan
This quarter is full of the tickest tackiest foul calls against Utah.

nashtymavsfan13
It's because the Jazz had a 16 point lead at one point and lost it, and the Rox are playing better than them in this quarter.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 10:59 PM
utah is weak in the head, me thinks.

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 11:00 PM
It's because the Jazz had a 16 point lead at one point and lost it, and the Rox are playing better than them in this quarter.

Just like the Spurs outplayed the Mavs in Game 7, so of course the Spurs won.

DOMINATOR
05-05-2007, 11:02 PM
why the fuck is T-mac shooting jumpers the whole time they are in the penalty
STUPID

nashtymavsfan13
05-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Just like the Spurs outplayed the Mavs in Game 7, so of course the Spurs won.

Yes, the Spurs came back from being way down but overall we played the better 4th quarter and OT. I'm not saying it's a lock for Houston right now, but I give them the edge right now because they are playing a pretty solid 4th quarter.

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Yao quits on rebound attempts.

untitled
05-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry, TMac. Not this year.

Dirkadirkastan
Hehe, the Jazz bench is jumping up and down just because Okur attempts a three.

Flacolaco
Wow. I'm impressed.

the 68% FT shooter is up there knocking down 2 big ones. That some balls there.

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Sorry, TMac. Not this year.

Did you just say that with 20 seconds left?

untitled
05-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Did you just say that with 20 seconds left?
Yes. Yes, I did.

fluid.forty.one
lol wtf.. why didnt they foul?

Flacolaco
WTF WAS THAT???

no foul?

lol

TripleDipping
05-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Don't look now but things aren't looking good for Tmac and co. Dude dissapeared down the stretch. Credit to AK47 for the good defense.

fluid.forty.one
game over

poor tmac. at least he's not dirk right?... right??

Flacolaco
That's it. Why are they calling a timeout?

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
lol wtf.. why didnt they foul?

Haha. This is the definition of choke.

The Crippler
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
TMAC fails to get out of the first round aaaaagain....

In this year of playoff failure by our Mavs, this indeed makes me smile. Suck it rocket trolls.

nashtymavsfan13
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
People better be talking about T-Mac as a choker now, still having never won a first round playoff series.

DOMINATOR
Haha. This is the definition of choke.
took a page out of dirks book

fluid.forty.one
what a boring ending lol

Windmill360
Well.... Tchoke not making it to the second round AGAIN makes this early offseason a little less hard to swallow.

Flacolaco
This makes me smile at least for a moment.

good for the Jazz. Those guys played balls out, and showed some real heart there when I thought they were just watching it slip away.

I hope they can defend the "transition 3PA"

Windmill360
05-05-2007, 11:13 PM
what a boring ending lol
no kidding. what a boring game. It didn't feel like a game seven at all.

fluid.forty.one
took a page out of dirks book

Comparing tmacs "choke" book to Dirk's is like comparing Wuthering Heights and The Hardy Boys

jthig32
The excuses for Tmac are all gone now.

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 11:14 PM
And we could've played the phuking jazz....

drinking time.

nashtymavsfan13
Boozer's a beast.

Warriors in 6.

Henry_VIII
Bad week for Texas

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Bad week for Texas

Eff "Texas"

We're not in it together. And I sure as hell didn't "get here as fast I could"

I hope the Pistons beat the Spurs in the Finals.

TripleDipping
05-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Dissapointing end to the Rockets. Tmac settled for jump shots late in game and no roleplayers stepped up. Meanwhile Jazz stepped up big time for the challenge. Boozer was a beast, Okur with the late dagger, Harpring tipping balls out for offensive rebounds.

And what the hell was that no-foul ending sequence.

Windmill360
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
This one from Spurs Report/Clutchfans

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i578574_TMAC.jpg

AstroRocket
05-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Well, you guys got some company. Damn the NBA.

Any advice on how to deal with this shit?

dude1394
05-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow...bad to be dirk, but pretty bad to be t-mac who's never won a series. Even when he has the best center in the league. Hmm...

Flacolaco
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
This one from Spurs Report/Clutchfans

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i578574_TMAC.jpg

lol that's gold.

TripleDipping
05-05-2007, 11:32 PM

You should be well accustomed to this by now, shouldn't you?

AstroRocket
05-05-2007, 11:34 PM
You should be well accustomed to this by now, shouldn't you?

Hell no. This was the first time we were favored in a playoff series in ages.

dude1394
05-05-2007, 11:35 PM

Well let's see, taking the advice of this board you should trade yao and t-mac because they can't get it done. So you can get a lot worse with no expectations.

DubOverdose
05-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Man I gotta say I'm happy. I had the Rox advancing, but I really don't like TMac, so I liked to see him lose yet again.

Dirkadirkastan
05-05-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't mind the Rockets, but so many of their fans are asses.

DubOverdose
05-05-2007, 11:44 PM
BTW, the Rockets gotta make some serious changes. Is the TMac - Yao experiment over? Probably not. But, they do have to get a better supporting cast somehow.

TripleDipping
05-05-2007, 11:48 PM
BTW, the Rockets gotta make some serious changes. Is the TMac - Yao experiment over? Probably not. But, they do have to get a better supporting cast somehow.

I'd say that the JVG experiment might be over.

vjz
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Wow, did anyone else see T-Mac break down & shed tears after a reporter's question? That was sad.

Dirkadirkastan
05-06-2007, 12:04 AM
It was stupid how the reporters made him say this was the biggest game in his career. He said it wasn't so just leave him alone.

TripleDipping
05-06-2007, 12:07 AM
The only thing worse about Seger's interviews is his stupid suit.

FINtastic
05-06-2007, 12:13 AM

This song gets me through the tough times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91euxMQ0Zyg