PDA

View Full Version : Thurdays Suns/Spurs

Pages : [1] 2

left texas
04-04-2007, 10:09 AM
What are you looking for in this game? A lot from the media will made of this game, (ala Mavs, Suns) and most will put the winner as the favorite to win the West (yes over the Mavs). It will be an interesting game, even if you hate both teams.

What I am looking for is if either team is going to try anything different and whose will is the strongest. The Suns to speed the game up, or the Spurs to slow it down.

What are you looking for?

alexamenos
04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
What are you looking for in this game? A lot from the media will made of this game, (ala Mavs, Suns) and most will put the winner as the favorite to win the West (yes over the Mavs). It will be an interesting game, even if you hate both teams.

What I am looking for is if either team is going to try anything different and whose will is the strongest. The Suns to speed the game up, or the Spurs to slow it down.

What are you looking for?

Mostly, i'm watching to see whether the Spurs keep a 5 (Elson/Oberto) on the floor for all or most of the game or whether they go small.

StrikerV
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
*MUSIC BEAT*
GO
SPURS
GO
*MUSIC BEAT*
GO
SPURS
GO
*MUSIC BEAT*
GO
SPURS
GO
(CUE TO EVA LONGORIA SHOT)
GO
SPURS
GO
(CUE A SHOT OF DUNCAN RUNNIN FINGERS THRU GINOBLIS HAIR)

Flacolaco
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I hate rooting for the Spurs....but now that the division is locked up...You just have to

MavsX
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
come on spurs...nash break a leg!

Dtownsfinest
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Main thing i'm looking for is to see whether the Spurs can defend the Suns or if they go small and try to play Suns ball. If the Spurs can't defend the Suns i'm not sure if anyone can. All you can hope for is a bad shooting night.

The Crippler
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
as I've said before, I'm hoping the arena blows up and everyone in there is killed. But that's just me...

Dirkadirkastan
04-04-2007, 02:35 PM
as I've said before, I'm hoping the arena blows up and everyone in there is killed. But that's just me...

Oh no. Such hate hate hatred. This entire forum needs a serious spiritual revelation.

fluid.forty.one
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Go Spurs

Big Shot Rob
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Pop is notorious for not showing his hand before the playoffs.

Whatever the Spurs do Thursday--you can pretty much bet that the Spurs will do something else come the semi finals.

(Unless of course the Spurs clobber the Suns--then Pop may have to think twice about doing anything else differently in the playoffs.

Avery did the same thing last year when he started Devin Harris. That move was brilliant! Definitely the pupil showed the teacher a thing or two...

dalmations202
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Suns win the game, Spurs will not show their hand. In fact, Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan could get food poisoning like Dirk did just before the game against Sac. Nothing would surprise me by Pop.

These two teams will be playing soon enough.

Remember this, when Dallas and SA played early in the year, Elson gave Dirk fits -- he never covered Dirk again. IF SA gets back to the WCF, look for Elson to be all over Dirk.

Big Shot Rob
04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
BTW--

I have changed my photo in honor of Kevin Willis....a great player, teammate, and citizen.

Big Shot Rob
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Suns win the game, Spurs will not show their hand. In fact, Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan could get food poisoning like Dirk did just before the game against Sac. Nothing would surprise me by Pop.

Remember this, when Dallas and SA played early in the year, Elson gave Dirk fits -- he never covered Dirk again. IF SA gets back to the WCF, look for Elson to be all over Dirk.

Interesting... Elson has not been playing much at all going down the stretch.

Mmmm...

Underdog
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh no. Such hate hate hatred. This entire forum needs a serious spiritual revelation.

lol - hate kinda comes with the territory... Afterall, his name is The Crippler, not The Dandelion! ;)

I don't want to see any harm come upon anyone, but I wouldn't mind if the entire Suns & Spurs squads were both struck with stigmata - from what I understand, it's completely painless, yet the constant bleeding would make it illegal for either team to take the court!

MavsX
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
genius!

alexamenos
04-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Interesting... Elson has not been playing much at all going down the stretch.

Mmmm...

i gotta tell you Rob, the last time I saw Elson play was against the Kings and Brad Miller was eating him up.

I don't mean to say that Brad Miller was making some nice passes or hitting some set shots...I mean Brad Miller was putting the ball on the floor and blowing by Elson...

Brad. Miller.

I might be able to guard Brad Miller.

This sort of thing may explain why Elson isn't getting 38 minutes a game. Color me a wee bit skeptical that Elson is some top secret dirk stopper.

alexamenos
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
lol - hate kinda comes with the territory... Afterall, his name is The Crippler, not The Dandelion! ;)

I don't want to see any harm come upon anyone, but I wouldn't mind if the entire Suns & Spurs squads were both struck with stigmata - from what I understand, it's completely painless, yet the constant bleeding would make it illegal for either team to take the court!

I see where you're going with this.

Not only would this render both the Spurs and Suns unfit for the playoffs, but conceivably such a miracle could lead to the salvation of millions.

Accordingly, any Suns fan who doesn't root for this very thing to happen is basically rooting for millions of lost souls to spend an eternity in hell.

And they call us haters!

LonghornDub
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM

I have a video of that game that I've looked back at. Elson did nothing of the sort. Dirk missed a bunch of jumpers he usually makes.

Elson WAS quite active on the o-boards and underneath the basket during that game, but he did very little in terms of "giving Dirk fits" defensively. The notion of Elson as the key to stopping/slowing Dirk is the most common SpursTalk myth.

Refer to the GameFlow on popcornmachine.net for proof of this. Dirk had terrible shooting stretches during the game when Elson wasnt even on the court.

alexamenos
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Elson WAS quite active on the o-boards and underneath the basket during that game, but he did very little in terms of "giving Dirk fits" defensively. The notion of Elson as the key to stopping/slowing Dirk is the most common SpursTalk myth.

yeah.....from what I've seen of Elson, he's not a great stopper against middle-of-the-road guys. No reason to think he's gonna become an all-time great defender when he takes on one of the most formidable offensive players in the game.

Also, Elson is routinely, I mean routinely, on the bench in the fourth quarter any time the Spurs have a close game (which regretfully hasn't been often of late).

I haven't even checked the loss to the Pacers on Sunday.....checking....checking....

bingo....

Elson played the first two minutes of the second half and that was it.....Pop isn't hiding some top-secret weapon, he's benching Elson so he can play guys he trusts.

The Crippler
04-04-2007, 05:05 PM

ahhh, but what can I do, because I also hate the fans, therefore the building blowing up sounded like the best option at the time.

Ok, fine, the stigmata it is...

RingTheBell
04-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Suns win by 12.

Big Shot Rob
04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Would not doubt it.

Impossible to overtake the Suns for second spot.

Spurs have nothint to prove in an otherwise meaningless game. Nash came into San Antonio today and in interviews with local media said the game tomorrow would have playoff-type proportions.

Poor Steve--putting so much pressure on himself for just another run of the mill regular season game.

Oh I forgot--he probably needs to--the Suns have never defeated either the Mavs or the Spurs in the playoffs...

Big Shot Rob
04-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I hate rooting for the Spurs....but now that the division is locked up...You just have to

My friend Flaco--I'll get you a Spurs T-Shirt during the Spurs/Suns playoffs. Which one do you want?

I know--

How about Kevin Willis' old jersey?

RingTheBell
04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh I forgot--he probably needs to--the Suns have never defeated either the Mavs or the Spurs in the playoffs...

Never huh? You are an idiot.

chumdawg
04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
That's correct. In fact, the only time the Spurs beat the Suns in the playoffs (or recent vintage, at least) was when the Suns beat the Mavs the round before.

But that's beside the point. Kevin Willis has GUNS, man.

Big Shot Rob
04-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Never huh? You are an idiot.

When did Nash defeat the Spurs in a playoff series?

Or the Mavs?

nowhereman
04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
2 years ago in a notable fashion..

not buying that this game means a lot. as far as the devin harris move, marc stein wrote an article after our first win against the spurs last year early in the season about how devin harris and josh howard were the keys to beating the spurs. devin was actually injured the next couple of games they played. but this definitely worked in the mavs favor, as the harris factor took the spurs about 3 games to succesfully adapt to.

i think the suns win tomorrow, but i think the spurs win the series.

Xylus
04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
The Suns beat the Mavs in the playoffs two years ago...with Nash. How quickly you forget.

DarenG
04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Whats all this Spurs not showing their hand crap? So the Spurs won't but the Suns will? That doesn't make any sense. Besides the Spurs by all accounts want to catch and pass the Suns. Meaning they are going to throw everything at em. The Spurs can win this game but they probably will lose it in the 4th because they won't be able to play at that pace for 4 quarters. At the very least I hope they take some juice out of the Suns down the stretch.

chumdawg
04-05-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm starting to think the Spurs are up against it here.

mqywaaah
04-05-2007, 03:23 AM
As much as I'd hate to say it, I want the Spurts to win this one. F**k the Suns! F**k the Spurs too but f**k the Suns even more! :D

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
When did Nash defeat the Spurs in a playoff series?

Or the Mavs?

I like basketball.

u2sarajevo
04-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Personally I dislike the Spurs more than the Suns. I don't think the Spurs can beat the Suns anymore.... certainly not in a 7 game series.

left texas
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Personally I dislike the Spurs more than the Suns. I don't think the Spurs can beat the Suns anymore.... certainly not in a 7 game series.

With the Mavs style of play being compared the Spurs, do you feel the same about the Mavs?

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
This year Mav's are more athletic I think and seem to keep up with the Suns pace better than the Spurs. Plus Stackhouse seems to go off on the Suns everytime.

u2sarajevo
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
With the Mavs style of play being compared the Spurs, do you feel the same about the Mavs?Ummmm no. The Mavericks are my team. The Spurs play in Texas in our division.... so the hatred comes natural.

left texas
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Ummmm no. The Mavericks are my team. The Spurs play in Texas in our division.... so the hatred comes natural.

What I meant was do you feel the Spurs can't beat the Suns in seven games, and the way our game is being compared to the Spurs, do you think the Mavs can win in a seven game series?

Dtownsfinest
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Whats all this Spurs not showing their hand crap? So the Spurs won't but the Suns will? That doesn't make any sense. Besides the Spurs by all accounts want to catch and pass the Suns. Meaning they are going to throw everything at em. The Spurs can win this game but they probably will lose it in the 4th because they won't be able to play at that pace for 4 quarters. At the very least I hope they take some juice out of the Suns down the stretch.

People think the Spurs won't show their hand because the Spurs have been playing like this all season long. Guys rarely get over 35 minutes per game. In my eyes it looks as if they're holding something back until the playoffs. As far as D'Antoni goes maybe he's holding something back as well but i'd have to question what that is. His team relies on run and gun and plays no defense. Is D'antoni all of a sudden gonna start using different defensive schemes?

Big Shot Rob
04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Pop is notorious for this. It will be interesting once the playoffs start.

I forgot about the Suns beating the Mavs a couple of years ago--that was my mistake.

Suns have a great team.

Still--its hard to think that a team that plays no defense and who constantly shoots less than three seconds after having the ball will win an NBA Championship.

Hey--I could be wrong. And if so, I'll give props to the Suns. No need for Suns fans to get so defensive here.

Still--

I think that whether the Spurs win tonight by 50 or the Suns win tonight by 50--this game is totally meaningless insofar as the playoffs are concerned.

BSR

left texas
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Guess I will be rooting for the Spurs tonight. Seems only fitting, being the gentleman I am. :)

http://markmarsha.homestead.com/fullj_getty-71797827ce001_sun_spur_7_42_58_pm.jpg

big_pth
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
BTW--

I have changed my photo in honor of Kevin Willis....a great player, teammate, and citizen.

Your photo contains TWO great guys. David Robinson is the epitome of class both on and off of the court. I always liked and respected David, Sean Elliot, Avery and Vinny the Black...

MavinVA
04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Go Spurs. I hate the Canadian Traitor and his band of idiots.

thurst0509
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
LAME. Boring Cavs-Heat is going to overtime and TNT is staying with the game instead of switching to the good game.

Windmill360
04-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Suns aren't playing their style at all. Props to the spurs.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I love how the suns are missing all these open shots and the announcers say its the spurs defense.

Windmill360
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Man, suns aren't getting much to look at from this Spurs defense. great job.

endrity
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Duncan is killing them inside, if we had a better low post scorer we would own the Suns because we would slow down the tempo I believe

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I hate to say this, but this game is kind of boring....

and SA is missing a lot of inside layups

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Awesome half time interview...

Craig Sager: Steve, would you like to try on my awesome blue suit?

Nash: Does my facial hair make me look less gay?

MavinVA
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
this game is boring but the spurs should be up by 10 and aren't that is sad.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Duncan is killing them inside, if we had a better low post scorer we would own the Suns because we would slow down the tempo I believe

Yeah, small ball is crap vs the spurs. Leave Thomas on Duncan.

left texas
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Barkley now on the Spurs bandwagon.

DirkGoesNuclear
04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Dirk needs to learn a couple of Duncan post moves in 2 weeks.

dude1394
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
He would be unstoppable, that's for sure. He'd make all of his ft's. Man...pretty studly that would be.

left texas
04-05-2007, 10:07 PM
D'Antoni should be a member of the Spurs. He cries with the best of them. I get tired of looking a that whiney face.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
When he complains it looks like he is crapping in his suit.

DirkGoesNuclear
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
An array of post moves - up and under, shake and bake. Dirk would be the complete player. Wasn't that supposed to be step 9 of his Jedi training?

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Suns have 1 turnover and have missed open shot after open shot. Keep raving about the Spurs defense Barkley.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
marion has one of the ugliest jump shots in the entire world, but damned if it isn't effective...

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Bowen must have learned that from Manu.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 10:18 PM
yeah...nice attempted jump kick...

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Lol, that was ridiculous.

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Lol, that was ridiculous.

no, that was the correct call.

Windmill360
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
lol ZERO defense by suns.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
marion has one of the ugliest jump shots in the entire world, but damned if it isn't effective...

Somebody once compared Marion's jump shot to "a hedgehog tossing a pumpkin out of a manhole". Genius.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Mike Dan Tony is about to have an effin hernia.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:21 PM
no, that was the correct call.

I meant the kick was ridiculous. Not the call.

The Crippler
It's truly amazing how reffing changes from team to team.

The Crippler
I meant the kick was ridiculous. Not the call.

sure.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Somebody once compared Marion's jump shot to "a hedgehog tossing a pumpkin out of a manhole". Genius.

That is a fairly accurate image...But like I said, it is effective...

Windmill360
Mike Dan Tony is about to have an effin hernia.ahaha

RingTheBell
now THAT was a bad call! =P

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:23 PM

I wish. Or a heart attack. That would be nice.

dude1394

Which one do you think would really get the hernia? Mike Dan or Tony?

My take would be Tony.

big_pth
make up call

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:24 PM
If you're going to make the call, please don't make it late...

Nothing pisses me off more.

pkdumas
Injuries are good. (sorry mom, sorry children)

RingTheBell
Manu went for the kick in the nads just like the last time they played the suns. See his foot?

ilMavvento
04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
NBA officiating at its finest tonight. I don't think it's really benefiting either team, but man, it is brutal.

big_pth
sometimes, when you flop, you are actually falling...It is tough to tell with Flop-Nobili...

pkdumas
live by the 3, die by the 3.

The Crippler
Amare was in the lane for 8 seconds that trip down the court. Nice.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
That Hot Fuzz movie looks amusing...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Devin Harris is starting to challenge Flop-Nobili. He needs to be more selective with his acting skills. That or he is light as a feather.

Windmill360
04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
and the foul!

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
If the Spurs win, we only have to win two more for top seed, right?

big_pth
well, that arm injury didn't seem to hamper that give-and-go...

The Crippler
Devin Harris is starting to challenge Flop-Nobili. He needs to be more selective with his acting skills. That or he is light as a feather.

Boy, ain't that the truth..

Windmill360
and the three!!!

Windmill360
04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
live by the 3, die by the 3.
so ture.

The Crippler
That Nash foul sure looks familiar. Seems I saw that weak ass reach in many times from 99-04. If you are going to foul someone, foul the shit out of them.

big_pth
that's the Mike Finley I know and miss...I have his autographed picture on my wall, with Dirk and Steve Nash in the background...

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
If the Spurs win, we only have to win two more for top seed, right?

that is correct, sir.

Then we can rest everyone against the Clippers to let them get a win and try to help them secure the 8 seed.

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
that is correct, sir.

Then we can rest everyone against the Clippers to let them get a win and try to help them secure the 8 seed.

I second the hell out of that.

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Gosh, do I ever dislike French people. Wussies.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
You touch Duncan, you foul Duncan.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
that is correct, sir.

I seem to remember someone last season losing so they could face the clippers in the first round. The clippers beat them...

The Crippler
I play more defense than the Suns and I'm sitting on my damned couch...

mary
I second the hell out of that.

I third the snot out of it.

The Crippler
I seem to remember someone last season losing so they could face the clippers in the first round. The clippers beat them...

The Clip show without a PG does not worry me one bit. 4 and done.

4cwebb
04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Suns offense is either laying a pretty big egg in this game, or the Spurs defense is just suffocating. Hard to tell from listening to the radio.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
The Clip show without a PG does not worry me one bit. 4 and done.

We can hope...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Why doesn't Phoenix play like this against Dallas? We're the only team they've played well against recently. Everyone else plays them close or beats them in the last couple of weeks. Spurs are not playing that great. I guess that's what happens when you're the best, you get everyone's best shot. Must be Stevie's manlove for Dirk.

Flacolaco
Every time I delight in something bad for the Suns tonight, I feel like I need to go take a shower.

I don't care for you SA. But tonight....well....

Stylistic
The Spurs D is just suffocating.

RingTheBell
Suns are getting plenty of open shots. Mav's were playing them tighter last game.

Stylistic
04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Why doesn't Phoenix play like this against Dallas? We're the only team they've played well against recently. Everyone else plays them close or beats them in the last couple of weeks. Spurs are not playing that great. I guess that's what happens when you're the best, you get everyone's best shot. Must be Stevie's manlove for Dirk.

Steve Kerr is letting you know why. It isn't groundbreaking. It's like this

San Antonio wants Phoenix, not Dallas
Dallas wants San Antonio, not Phoenix
Phoenix wants Dallas, not San Antonio

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
The Suns are just missing shots.

Underdog
04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Every time I delight in something bad for the Suns tonight, I feel like I need to go take a shower.

I don't care for you SA. But tonight....well....

I never thought I'd see the day where a bunch of Mavs fans would be rooting for the Spurs... Lesser of two evils, huh?

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Steve Kerr is letting you know why. It isn't groundbreaking. It's like this

San Antonio wants Phoenix, not Dallas
Dallas wants San Antonio, not Phoenix
Phoenix wants Dallas, not San Antonio

Rock, Paper, Scissors

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Game Over. Two more for us!

pkdumas
How you like them apples, RingTheBell?

Flacolaco
Game Over. Two more for us!

Easy tiger.

12 more minutes.

dude1394
04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
the one thing that chubby is right about is the mavs defensive lapses the last few weeks. It hasn't been good. Buckner/George out hasn't been a help.

I also like devin coming off the bench more than starting. I like george starting.

Stylistic
04-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Easy tiger.

12 more minutes.

Yessir. We seen this little song and dance before. We had the same type of fourth on them 3 weeks ago.

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 10:40 PM
the one thing that chubby is right about is the mavs defensive lapses the last few weeks. It hasn't been good. Buckner/George out hasn't been a help.

I also like devin coming off the bench more than starting. I like george starting.

I think ultimately Avery likes this too. To be able to bring in Diop, Devin, and Stack off the bench to punch teams in the mouth with is a tremendous thing

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Where should we route the parade?

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
How you like them apples, RingTheBell?

Phoenix missing everything?

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:42 PM
SA is going to stomp a mudhole in the Suns in the playoffs if the suns get that far.

pkdumas
Yessir, you need another lecture about streaky teams in a 7 game series.

pkdumas
Suns lose in 6 versus Denver.

amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
The Spurs look amazing out there

Even when their O is sketchy, like in the first half, their D completely imposes its will on you.

I love this team

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
So leading the NBA in shooting % all season = streaky?

Its just an off night I guess. The grizz kicked our asses just as bad the last time we shot this bad.

Honestly the announcers are giving the Spurs too much credit in my opinion.

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Everybody chill out.

The Suns can score 12 points in like 96 seconds.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Its just an off night I guess.

Welcome to the playoffs, Phoenix

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
They started tonight?

pkdumas
They started tonight?

In way, son, yes, yes they did.

pkdumas
Again, I hope you stick around for those playoffs.

Underdog
04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Everybody chill out.

True that - no lead is safe for the Suns, no lead is safe against the Suns...

pkdumas
We will all of a sudden love your attendance.

pkdumas
Phoenix rarely wins close ones, much lose ass-whupins

Dtownsfinest
Mike Finley is beasting these past couple of weeks. He's been unreal from 3.

M. Finley 29 5-11 5-7 0-0 2 6 2 1 0 0 2 15

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
It's 65% shooting or bust for these Suns in the playoffs.

pkdumas
THE SUNS ARE GETTING RAPED.

pkdumas
live by the 3, die by the 3

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
lol that Elson guy really is kind of an idiot.

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Everybody chill out.

True, but they are just as capable to give up 12 points in the same time frame...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Whatever happened to that Steve Nash kid?

big_pth
yeah...the Spurs are looking like they are gonna win this one...

Flacolaco
Why is Nash allowed to stick his arm out in the lane and push off of whomever he likes?

Underdog
It's 65% shooting or bust for these Suns in the playoffs.

They're at 36% so far tonight - not good enough to make up for their imaginary defense...

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
They're at 36% so far tonight - not good enough to make up for their imaginary defense...

I had an imaginary friend once.

He died.

The Crippler
Whatever happened to that Steve Nash kid?

MVP, MVP, MVP.

oh, wait...

RingTheBell
I will.

One thing about me is I am not much of a knee jerker. When my team loses I don't freak out. When my team wins I don't freak out. It sucks but I know the suns are an emo team. They really run on emotion and if its not there, they lose. I really do believe in the playoffs you will see the energy they bring when they play the Mav's to everyone.

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Why is Nash allowed to stick his arm out in the lane and push off of whomever he likes?

was just wondering the same exact thing. it's blatent...

Dtownsfinest
04-05-2007, 10:53 PM
The Spurs have gotten into the head of the Suns. Suns aren't even playing their ball. They're shook. I don't know why they play like they do against the Mavs. Its just a completely different team. We can only dream to get Amare to go 4-14 from the field. This guy hasn't missed shit in about a year it seems when he faces us.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I really do believe in the playoffs you will see the energy they bring when they play the Mav's to everyone.

The Suns remind me of the Mavs of yesteryear. :p

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:55 PM
The Mavs lost to the Suns the first time because either team could have lost that one.

The Mavs lost to the Suns more recently, BECAUSE WE ARE SO FAR PAST THE REGULAR SEASON ALREADY.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
He doesn't seem to get up for the game unless someone either gets under his skin and he freaks out (and gets a T), OR its the best team in the league and he wants to prove something.

pkdumas
And we had lots of injuries for both games.

big_pth
I will.

One thing about me is I am not much of a knee jerker. When my team loses I don't freak out. When my team wins I don't freak out. It sucks but I know the suns are an emo team. They really run on emotion and if its not there, they lose. I really do believe in the playoffs you will see the energy they bring when they play the Mav's to everyone.

If I remember correctly, last playoffs, the Suns were one extra off day away from losing to the Clippers in the second round...The playoffs are a crazy sometimes. I personally am mentally deficient (well, more so than usual) during the playoffs because I know that one little thing can go wrong and turn things around in a blink...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
"and the foouuullll!"

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
The Mavs lost to the Suns more recently, BECAUSE WE ARE SO FAR PAST THE REGULAR SEASON ALREADY.

Yeah, I am sure they just simply were not trying.

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Barbosa might be a worse defender than Nash.

pkdumas
Tim Duncan sucks and he's still owning the Suns.

Dtownsfinest

Its one of the perks of being MVP. They let Bruce Bowen do a lot of shit because he's made so many all defensive teams. I've noticed that about these refs these past couple of years. If you have the reputation you can get away with murder.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:59 PM
"Another Phoenix turnover."

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Barbosol SUCKS

mary
04-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I am sure they just simply were not trying.

Refer to post # 149.

pkdumas
I love watching Tim Duncan dominate... BECAUSE THE MAVS ARE THE ONLY TEAM THAT MAKES HIM ALMOST NONEXISTENT.

RingTheBell
Even missing wide open layups... I guess they have THAT good of defense.

In my opinion, sit the starters and mop up the rest of the games if you are phoenix.

pkdumas
Refer to post # 149.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHA

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Its one of the perks of being MVP. They let Bruce Bowen do a lot of shit because he's made so many all defensive teams. I've noticed that about these refs these past couple of years. If you have the reputation you can get away with murder.

yep. it's too bad that the mavs don't have a good rep.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
live by the 3, die by the 3

big_pth
04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
bowen gets t'd

RingTheBell
Lol, he did the "3 year old stomp"!

The Crippler
wow. Horrible reffing right there. And i hate Bowen.

You can't T him up when you make a horrible call.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Lol, he did the "3 year old stomp"!

I have two three year olds, they don't stomp...that is 4 year olds and above...;)

pkdumas
With McGrady hurt once again, and the Jazz sucking after the allstar break, and with tonite's game... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 2nd ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS.

The Crippler
Oh, it was Forte. Another ref which the game has passed him by.

RingTheBell
Oh my bad. I guess I assume you stop stomping when you make 6 Mil a year.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:04 PM
BREAK STEVIE's LEGS

The Crippler
With McGrady hurt once again, and the Jazz sucking after the allstar break, and with tonite's game... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 2nd ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS.

what...McGrady got hurt?

Stylistic
Nash is getting the calls now.

Bookit
The Spurs are crying about everything now just like last year's playoffs.

big_pth
heheh...bowen is getting hosed by those calls

RingTheBell
Horrible officiating tonight.

DirkGoesNuclear
04-05-2007, 11:05 PM
How did Spurs neutralize the Suns PNR?

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:05 PM
That was Kelsey Grammer's (Frasier) voice in that car ad.

big_pth
04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh my bad. I guess I assume you stop stomping when you make 6 Mil a year.

The spurs have clauses in their contracts for tantrums and child-like spoiled behavior...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
what...McGrady got hurt?

left game in first half

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:07 PM
back problems, again. I think after a certain amount of games, his back goes off.

Windmill360
Suns - "This is madness"

Spurs - "This is San Antone!"

Dtownsfinest
Suns better hope they shoot over 50-55% from the field in the playoffs or their asses are done by the 2nd round. 36% isn't gonna cut it. I love watching the Suns get their ass dominated for playing that run and gun game.

pkdumas
His chemistry with Yao sucks anyway. I do not fear the Rockets at all.

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM
The Spurs defensive rotation on a couple of these plays astounds me. The Mavs only move like that sometimes, as much as I hate to admit it.

But what is phoenix doing? 7 3PA? They're not even trying to play their game.

This is weird.

(but I like it)

RingTheBell
Suns playing so bad the team doctor had a heart attack.

pkdumas
effin seizure.

RingTheBell
Suns - "This is madness"

Spurs - "This is San Antone!"

LOL!

Bookit
How did Spurs neutralize the Suns PNR?

Duncan is very active tonight but it is only one game. Kind of like last Sunday when the Mavs lost to the Suns. I don't buy all the BS TNT is spewing out about the Spurs shutting down the Suns. Remember, the Spurs shut the Mavs down a couple of times last season too but the Mavs lit them up in the playoffs.

The Crippler
wow. that is scary stuff.

big_pth
left game in first half

7 minutes into the game against the Warriors...His back tightened up on him. The Rockets talking heads are looking to trade him away already. His back is going to be a chronic issue for the rest of his googley-eyed career...

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
back problems, again. I think after a certain amount of games, his back goes off.

oh well...

Dtownsfinest
T-Mac is a sorry ass dude man. Rockets need to get away from him ASAP. I use to be a huge fan of his but that dude gets hurt every other game.

pkdumas
The Spurs defensive rotation on a couple of these plays astounds me. The Mavs only move like that sometimes, as much as I hate to admit it.

We don't have anything to play for. In the playoffs we will have something to play for. Look for our defensive intesity to go up then.

pkdumas
Barbosa must be 0-20

RingTheBell
Amare needed to get blocked in the first quarter to get him into the game like he usually does.

and WTF is with LB shooting 20%.

Flacolaco
Wait for the Phoenix push here in the last 5 minutes. I'll be surprised if it doesnt come.

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I love seeing someone who refers to themselves as black Jesus get his stuff packed like that...

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I love seeing someone who refers to themselves as black Jesus get his stuff packed like that...

That's not the only stuff of his he gets packed

big_pth
The officiating is so bad, it put some poor guy in the stands into seizures!

pkdumas
Amare needed to get blocked in the first quarter to get him into the game like he usually does.

Good. You're still here. As for your comment, "black jesus" is getting into the game after it is over. OVAAAHHHHH

u2sarajevo
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Okay, I came home early from watching this game tonight because I was enjoying it too much and I felt dirty... not from the sweat but from cheering on the stinking filthy Spurs.

I said I doubted the Spurs could beat the Suns but man what an impotent looking team they put on the floor tonight. I really hope for the Suns sake that they actually don't play like this in the postseason because it will be a short one for them no matter who they are playing (Clippers excluded).

Windmill360
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Expect to hear all over the media tomorrow that the Spurs are the best team in the league.

Stylistic
04-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Not to mention he is a fairy on defense. He is soft on the defensive end especially when going up for rebounds.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, we suck. Might as well pack up and forfeit the playoffs. The first 56 wins the other teams were not trying. No way this is just a bad shooting night.

/sarcasm off

The Crippler
04-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Suns win by 12.

You want to stick with this prediction?

Mental note to myself...don't go to Vegas or take gambling advice from this clown.

RingTheBell
04-05-2007, 11:15 PM
You want to stick with this prediction?

Mental note to myself...don't go to Vegas or take gambling advice from this clown.

And let the insult slinging begin!

chumdawg
The Spurs are kicking the crap out of the Suns!

Flacolaco
Okay, I came home early from watching this game tonight because I was enjoying it too much and I felt dirty... not from the sweat but from cheering on the stinking filthy Spurs.

I was saying the same earlier

I feel dirty. so dirty....

I can't wait for it to be over so I can go start a thread about how much I fear/hate the spurs.... ;)

Flacolaco
04-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Look out now SA....

The Crippler

It's not beneath me...that's for sure.

pkdumas
Suns game tomorrow nite is "critical". BWAHAHAHAHA

pkdumas
offensive foul

chumdawg
Uh-oh.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Nice. It will only hurt worse now.

The Crippler

Don't make dumbass predictions, and you won't get called a dumbass. Dumbass.

Flacolaco
Wow so Amare can do whatever he wants apparently?

RingTheBell
It's not beneath me...that's for sure.

Good to know.

Stylistic
yep.....this looks pretty familiar.

rakesh.s
hahahahahah

if the spurs lose this..watch out.

Pop will really pop-a-bitch.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Marv Albert is a freak. He looks like a plastic 20 year old.

Flacolaco
Going to have an exciting finish here.

I blame Craig Sagers' suit color.

mary
2 possession game.

I guess Nash and Amare weren't trying before, but now they are.

They probably weren't really "into" the game until about five minutes ago.

I like how this is a so-called excuse for the Suns, but at the same time its absolutely unthinkable that the team that has homecourt practically wrapped up, isn't giving its best effort.

No really, that makes TONS of sense.

Stylistic
Amare btw should have been called for an offensive foul.

pkdumas
Steve Nash looks like a grizzled woodsman.

chumdawg
04-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Hack-a-Duncan!

pkdumas
uhhhhhh. ahhahahah SUNS are stupid

pkdumas
even if he misses two

Windmill360
DUNCAN IS A CHOKER! anyone? anyone? bad timing?

big_pth
hack-a-duncan?

The Crippler
wow. the suns are reverting to hack a shaq?

They are the mavs of 02-03...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
mmmmmm. hack a duncan.. how brilliant

pkdumas
THIS GAME IS OVER. OVAHAHHH

Stylistic
wow...

u2sarajevo
Okay.... now looks like I should have stayed...

Flacolaco
And the Suns finally reach 100 rebounds on the season at the most important time...

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:21 PM
rejected like easy cheese.

big_pth
well then...

pkdumas
SUCK MY JUNK RINGTHEBELLS

Flacolaco
Okay.... now looks like I should have stayed...

I blame you.

A thousand and one times.

. baby arm

Dtownsfinest
If Spurs have a weakness its definately free throw shooting. Finley is the only one worth a damn on the line in the 4th quarter.

pkdumas
Both teams look vulnerable.

pkdumas
04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
GOOD NIGHT PHOENIX

big_pth
no lead is safe from the suns..or safe with the suns...

Flacolaco
oh the pick and roll fails.....

RingTheBell
Don't make dumbass predictions, and you won't get called a dumbass. Dumbass.

What made it a "dumbass" prediction? Because you did not agree? Or maybe you wait to see if they are going to lose and then decide to throw immature insults. Sounds pretty high school footballish to me.

Everyone in the thread was saying what they thought would happen in the game. Lighten up buddy its only a game.

pkdumas
Both teams look like suck.

Windmill360
HAHAHA this is what Phoenix HAS to go through.

big_pth
and that will do it.