PDA

View Full Version : Tight Race

MavsFanFinley
04-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Wow, what a tight race tomorrow night will be for 3 eastern conference teams and the final 8th playoff spot.

Bucks, Raptors and Pacers are all tied at 41-40.

Bucks will be at Detroit

Raptors host Cleveland

Pacers host Philly

Place your predictions here.

Drbio
04-16-2002, 11:22 PM
The Pacers need help. If all three win then they are out. I think Philly beats them, especially after the Bulls embarassed them. I think the Raps beat Cleveland and teh Pistons knock off the Bucks. The Bucks would be in on a tie-breaker.

my $0.02

MFFL
04-16-2002, 11:34 PM
ESPN does a rip job on Isiah Thomas (http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/020411.html)

"So it got me to thinking --"
"Really, you're thinking now? That's big."
To Isiah Thomas ... it was tough for you to top last year's abominable coaching performance, but you actually managed to pull it off. How could the Pacers possibly miss the playoffs in the watered-down East with that much talent? How could a team with this many quality players play so listlessly and ineffectively together? How could a team blow this many big leads? It's almost impossible. Keep changing the players, Isiah -- it must be their fault.

(My favorite Isiah moment: When they blew an 18-point second-half lead against the Celts two weeks ago, Isiah kept Brad Miller on the bench for the entire fourth quarter, even though Miller kills the C's and Boston was playing Rodney Rogers at center. You would have thought Isiah had money on the C's. How does he not get fired this summer? How? What more does he have to do? He even did a better job running the CBA, and the league went bankrupt.)

Hoopsmeister
04-17-2002, 12:03 AM
Raptors will beat Cleveland. Given their still banged up, I'm not sure about Milwaukee taking Detroit at all. But whether they do or not, Thomas will find a way to lose to Philly.

My prediction
Raptors take the 7th
Bucks hold on to the 8th
Pacers go home

Isaiah deserves the Worst Coach of the Year award. Its amazing how bad a coach he is.