PDA

View Full Version : Clippers 92, Grizzlies 84

David
04-17-2002, 05:55 AM
The Clippers can finish 40-42 if they can win their last game. It looked like they were mailing it in early in the game but summoned enough pride to beat the Grizz in a non-factor game. Get ready for some changes this off-season. Some for the better, like the foriegn PG.

Hales233
04-17-2002, 07:46 AM
just curious why you love the clipps so much...mostly their fans are on the younger side...are you re-living your youth through Q and D? Do you bang on your head after you slam dunk?

Dooby
04-17-2002, 09:09 AM
If a tree falls in the woods and no one cares. Did it still happen? Or sumsuch.

David
04-17-2002, 05:41 PM
<< just curious why you love the clipps so much...mostly their fans are on the younger side...are you re-living your youth through Q and D? Do you bang on your head after you slam dunk? >>

I have my doubts that you will find where I said I love the Clippers. However, they are a very interesting team. They have basically crammed all of their players in from a couple of drafts, sorta like a college all-star team. They have a few old hands but not many. They are athletic as all get out but undisciplined as most young teams are.

I had been comparing them to the 40-42 pre-playoff Mavs team. They are one game from that. Should they keep the team together, I look for a Mav-like leap into the playoffs next year. If they don't keep the team together and something like Olowokandi signs with the Bulls, as an example, then they will be a failed bit.

There is that Euro PG that is supposed to come in and that is one thing they have lacked, a PG, plus they should get something in this draft.

All that is more than the usual hum-drum NBA news, to me. Other than that, I dislike them intensely.

madape
04-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Remember, the Mavs finished 40-42 the year before they went to the second round of the playoffs.

Drbio
04-17-2002, 06:08 PM
If a tree falls in the woods and no one cares. Did it still happen? Or sumsuch.

Along those lines....If a man says something and there are no women around to hear it...is he still wrong?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hoopsmeister
04-17-2002, 06:13 PM
<< If a tree falls in the woods and no one cares. Did it still happen? Or sumsuch.

Along those lines....If a man says something and there are no women around to hear it...is he still wrong? >>

You have obviously not spent enough time around women or else you would know: A man is always wrong. The only way he can be right is to agree with a woman. Which means that a man can only be right in the presence of a woman--and even then its an unlikely proposition.

Murphy3
04-17-2002, 08:11 PM
the only thing worth comparing between the mavs and clipps 40-42 seasons is how the mavs became an elite team compared to how the clippers will crumble

Drbio
04-17-2002, 08:25 PM
I agree that the Clips will be worse next year unless their owner opens up the purse strings....and we all know he won't be doing that.

David
04-17-2002, 09:03 PM
The Mavs were on a hot streak when they finished 40-42. The Clippers will have to win tonight but they have been just so-so and are really backing into that record. They are not nearly as disciplined as the team Nellie was developing.

MFFL
04-17-2002, 09:06 PM
The Clips might resign Candy Man. A top center is incredibly difficult to replace.

Jo Jo
04-18-2002, 03:35 AM
David, Keyon Dooling has pretty much been handed that PG job for next season.

David
04-18-2002, 05:44 AM
Someone had posted an article bragging on this Euro PG that was tall and good. I think they will fight it out in training camp, if he signs with the Clippers. There is no telling what will happen. I think Dooling has been hurt or something so he needs experience. The rest of the team could be held back by the lack of a PG just as they were this year. They had a SG playing PG this year.

Hales233
04-18-2002, 03:18 PM
david you need to chill out man...i'm not going to try and find where you said you love the clipps so much, this isn't a witch hunt...i just assumed since you post more about them than you do the Mavs that you are a huge fan.

calm down pal.

David
04-18-2002, 07:38 PM
<< david you need to chill out man...i'm not going to try and find where you said you love the clipps so much, this isn't a witch hunt...i just assumed since you post more about them than you do the Mavs that you are a huge fan.

calm down pal. >>

Dang, now I'm going to have to call the EMS back and tell them never mind. It wasn't a stroke I was having, it was just a misunderstanding over whether or not I am a Clipper's lover. You know what is said about when you assume. (you make an ass out of u and me [ass-u-me])

I usually only post about the Clippers in relation to their last game. Did they win or lose. Are they going to make the playoffs. Are they going to be the Mavs first round opponent. That sort of thing.

Earlier in the season some people were actually predicting success for the Clippers. I was predicting some success but not so much that they would make the playoffs. I just followed in through until the end of the season. I thought I followed them this far, why give up until the end.

Now the off season watch. Will Sterling pay the freight. Will Odom get suspended again. Will the Kandiman sign elsewhere. Will they make trades to improve the team. Will they let their FAs walk with no return. Sterling is the anti-Cuban.