PDA

View Full Version : Warriors 107, Clippers 103

David
04-18-2002, 05:47 AM
Looks like the Mavs weren't the only team mailing it in last night. The Clippers finish 39-43.

The Warriors tie the Bulls for worst record in the league and now they have an equal number of balls, in the draft.

OzMavs
04-18-2002, 06:20 AM
The way the whole Clippers organisation is run is such a disincentive to success. Financial success for the owner, granted. But it must be tough to motivate the players to perform better, if the only grounds for their judgement is how much the owner made this week. I am not surprised they lost their way.

Can you imagine Clippers fans being as passionate about their team as we are about the Mavs?

Then again, maybe it explains a lot about the mindset of Clippers fans....

Dooby
04-18-2002, 08:02 AM
<< now they have an equal number of balls >>

Uhhh....OK.

Jo Jo
04-18-2002, 05:20 PM
OZ, how do you know they arent as passinate about there team? Hell, they sold out 16th consecutive games to end the season. For a team that's not going to the playoffs I think that is pretty impressive and very loyal of their fans. Yes you guys are passionate now, but where were you all when the team was losing. I am pretty sure, it is nothing like how the Clipper fans are now. Passion comes with winning, something the Mavs fans lacked when they were losing. Most of you so called passionate fans weren't around when the Mavs were losing, but now the team is winning you are. I am sure you all will say, I have been a fan since this and that but I really don't care to hear it.

Hoopsmeister
04-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Hey Jo Jo, you forgot your e's

Jo Jo
04-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Thanks, I will see about getting them put on.

OzMavs
04-18-2002, 06:21 PM
<< OZ, how do you know they arent as passinate about there team? Hell, they sold out 16th consecutive games to end the season. For a team that's not going to the playoffs I think that is pretty impressive and very loyal of their fans. Yes you guys are passionate now, but where were you all when the team was losing. I am pretty sure, it is nothing like how the Clipper fans are now. Passion comes with winning, something the Mavs fans lacked when they were losing. Most of you so called passionate fans weren't around when the Mavs were losing, but now the team is winning you are. I am sure you all will say, I have been a fan since this and that but I really don't care to hear it. >>

As a clips fan don't you get disenchanted with the antics of Sterling? Doesn't it annoy you that half the roster will be gone if they ask for more money?

They have every right to don't they, they have sold out the last 16 consecutive home games.

Jo Jo
04-18-2002, 06:52 PM
What exactly are you talking about? You said the &quot;fans&quot; weren't passionate or whatever, and was proved totally wrong. They sold out 16th consecutive and I am sure they sold out lots more besides those times.

OzMavs
04-18-2002, 07:10 PM
I admire the Clips ability to sell out their stadium don't get me wrong, but I doubt this is a true gauge of how passionate thier fans are. I am talking about the way the whole organisation is run. I have already outlined this.

It is an opinion, I don't know how I am wrong, but I must be if you say I am.

David
04-18-2002, 07:23 PM
<<

<< now they have an equal number of balls >>

Uhhh....OK. >>

...in the lottery.

Drbio
04-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Geez, it was a lottery reference.....ugh.

Please God don't let that be joE joE again.......

David
04-18-2002, 09:25 PM
<< Geez, it was a lottery reference.....ugh.

Please God don't let that be joE joE again....... >>

Surely not, the names not spelled the same. No &quot;e&quot;.

Drbio
04-18-2002, 09:31 PM
Yeah David, but the &quot;you are wrong&quot; comments are familiar huh?

OzMavs
04-19-2002, 12:06 AM
<< Yeah David, but the &quot;you are wrong&quot; comments are familiar huh? >>

I was waiting for the &quot;I will let the mods handle this one&quot;