PDA

View Full Version : How Wierd is this?

Mavs Rule
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
First, Boston's big underground highway collapses a few years back. Then the Celts deteriorate to lottery status with everyone calling for Ainge's head on a platter. Then, this summer he gives Celt's fans a miraculous resurrection, and the day after KG leaves the twin cities for Boston, Minny's big bridge highway collapses. Leaving McHale in the same situation that Ainge was in a after the collapse. Interesting karma to say the least.

Mavs Rule
08-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Staying with the "how wierd is this?" mode, check out Darius's ride. Its one pimpin machine and definitely an eye catcher.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2007/08/darius_miles_rolls_deep.html

ty
08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
"That, and getting in and out of a car that's three feet off the ground can't be too good for the surgically-repaired knee."

hahah

bernardos70
08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Very 'wierd' indeed.

Darius Miles has TERRIBLE taste.

MavsX
08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
that is such a beater

Dirkadirkastan
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
i before e
except after c
or when sounded like 'a'
as in neighbor and weigh
or the word weird.

sike
08-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Darius Miles has TERRIBLE taste.
to the shock of absolutely no one

Flacolaco
08-08-2007, 09:00 AM
i before e
except after c
or when sounded like 'a'
as in neighbor and weigh
or the word weird.

I'm sure foreigners would be surprised to find out that their american neighbors have such heinous deficiencies in following this rule. Neither reign, nor eight follow this rule. It's not a very exact science.

Big Boy Laroux
08-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm sure foreigners would be surprised to find out that their american neighbors have such heinous deficiencies in following this rule. Neither reign, nor eight follow this rule. It's not a very exact science.

well, technically, reign and eight do follow that rule, as they make the "long a " sound.

Flacolaco
08-08-2007, 09:59 AM
damn! ;)

bernardos70
08-08-2007, 11:00 AM
"This thread is very w-heird!"

"Oh, c'mon! That doesn't even have an H!"

V2M
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Simply brilliant!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again.

Dirkadirkastan
08-08-2007, 03:21 PM

Eh, I guess "foreigners" and "neither" apply, and the first part of deficiencies.

But "their" has the 'a' sound, "neighbor" is the freaking example in the nursery rhyme, "heinous" has the 'a' sound, plural words never end in 'eis' (so anything with the ending 'cy' changes to 'cies'), and reign and eight both follow the rule too. In "science", the 'ie' isn't even a diphthong; it's two syllables.

Man, the offseason is boring.

Flacolaco
08-08-2007, 03:29 PM
You're quite right. But I got carried away.

What was this thread about again?

Dirkadirkastan
08-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Something about a car.