PDA

View Full Version : Who was the guy telling me Rueben Patterson is the

reeds
04-22-2002, 06:56 PM
KOBE STOPPER????? ha ha ha...how did he stop him last night? 38 points...NO one stops KOBE- especially not Rueben Patterson!!!!!!!

Hales233
04-22-2002, 06:57 PM
first of all, spell his name right....secondly, did you see before the game when ruben was icing his feet in the bucket and shawn kemp started chanting "kobe stopper kobe stopper"....that made for great tv!

reeds
04-22-2002, 07:43 PM
sorry about the spelling..i was too excited about Mr. Patterson being a so-called Kobe stopper....very funny

Murphy3
04-22-2002, 07:47 PM
well...let's remember one thing
kobe was:
10-28 from the floor
and
12-13 from the line.

he did a good job of getting to the line...but hell, if a guy takes 28 shots....

ruben didn't do a bad job at all.
if kobe puts up that many shots in a game, then i believe portland will take giving up 34 points every game to kobe.

no doubt in my mind about that.

with kobe's numbers, the only reason why the blazers didn't win was because they shot horribly (much of it had to do with the lakers defense)

giving kobe a bit too much credit for his mediocre day at best.
and yes, 34 points can be mediocre.. in this game, it was very mediocre

Rhylan
04-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Ruben called himself the Kobe Stopper. which makes it all the more entertaining.

reeds
04-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Murphy- I do not agree with your comment that 34 points can be mediocre. If he had that "mediocre" game every day- he would lead the league in scoring and probably be MVP? Im not sure what Iversons percentage was the year he was MVP- but it wasnt very good....

I also read that Kobe averaged 2 points a game more against Portland this year than his yearly average of 26ppg. So what exactally was Ruben stopping? Stopping him from getting 30 maybe? That was a quote the kid heard somewhere- but I had to use it- because it is funny...

Murphy3
04-22-2002, 08:01 PM
10-28
less than 36%..i believe 35.7

the trail blazers will take that every game this series from kobe.. hell, they will applaud that every game if that's what kobe shoots.

and if kobe put up numbers such as this during the regular season, the lakers would have probably lost 10-12 more games..

yes, iverson shot the ball poorly when he won the MVP..but not nearly that poorly

grbh
04-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Absolutely the will take that from Kobe every night. In fact I will allow anyone in the league to score that many points if they are going to shoot 36%.

Murphy3
04-22-2002, 08:37 PM
portland lost because they shot poorly (which had alot to do with the lakers offense)

but very little of the loss had much to do with kobe's offense

Hales233
04-22-2002, 08:54 PM
very good point murphy...the blazers just didn't hit their shots and they still were right in the game in the late stages of the 4th quarter....gives them good hope for game 2.

Epitome22
04-22-2002, 11:56 PM
I think Pattersons self proclaimed title as The Kobe Stopper is potential for embarrassment but Patterson has played him very well during his career. 10-28 from the floor is Iverson numbers. Nothing to brag about.

Epitome22
04-22-2002, 11:56 PM
I think Pattersons self proclaimed title as The Kobe Stopper is potential for embarrassment but Patterson has played him very well during his career. 10-28 from the floor is Iverson numbers. Nothing to brag about.

reeds
04-23-2002, 12:01 PM
"the blazers didnt hit their shots and were still right in the game in the late stages of the fourth quarter-gives them great hope for game two". You know what- Minny missed ALOT of easy baskets in game one vs. the Mavs- and they were still right in it until the very end. They shot terrible in the 2nd half..does this mean they will have great hope in game two also?

TheKid
04-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Actually Iverson shot pretty damn pathetic. I think he shot 38% for the season last year. Now that's not 35% but 38% is nothing to brag about. However I like Iverson though.

Hoopsmeister
04-23-2002, 02:41 PM
<< &quot;the blazers didnt hit their shots and were still right in the game in the late stages of the fourth quarter-gives them great hope for game two&quot;. You know what- Minny missed ALOT of easy baskets in game one vs. the Mavs- and they were still right in it until the very end. They shot terrible in the 2nd half..does this mean they will have great hope in game two also? >>

Well, if you read their boards and listen to their quotes . . . yeah.