PDA

View Full Version : Williamson wins 6th man

LonestarROB
04-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Link (http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0423/1372821.html)

mavsman
04-23-2002, 05:22 PM
Isn't it a great feeling to have NVE coming off the bench?

MFFL
04-23-2002, 09:24 PM
Is this going to be the Detriot awards sweep like last year was Philly's. Do the people who vote on these awards give them to Eastern teams because they aren't going to win the championship?

ARGH!

Fidel
04-23-2002, 09:32 PM
I don´t think we are in for a complete sweep. Tomorrow they´ll announce the Rookie of the year and Pau Gasol doesn´t play for the Pistons.

MFFL
04-23-2002, 09:49 PM
I'm just angry that an Eastern team who BARELY won 50 games has two major awards this season while deserving candidates on Western teams get bypassed.

Murphy3
04-23-2002, 10:55 PM
i agree mffl.
there's no reason to give any award to an eastern conference team.. just give defensive player of the year to kg or TD..or Shaq.
(although i have no problem with ben wallace getting it)

the eastern conference sucks and they play against inferior teams for much of the season which makes them even less worth of awards (except wallace)

MFFL
04-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Detriot might win a THIRD award - Rick Carlisle is a prime candidate for Coach of the Year.

Epitome22
04-24-2002, 12:32 AM
If anyone deserves the sixth man award it'sw Corliss Williamson. Guy is the teams second or third leading scorer and he comes off the bench. I was surpised he won because I felt his contributions were overlooked. Wallace deserves the DPOY and Williamson deserves the Sixth Man Award. I however, question whether Carlisle deserves the Coach of the year.

grbh
04-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Carlisle may get coach of the year, but that is a bogus award anyway. I mean if they have the 6th man of the year, the best defensive player in the league in Wallace, and an all star in Stackhouse, shoudn't they be pretty good. The award I is merely about an unexpected increase in wins. Well IMO that is generally due to player improvement over great coaching.

My example, Jackson is regarded by many as a good coach (I don't think he is bad), but a circus monkey could have coached the best Bulls teams to a championship.