PDA

View Full Version : As camp is upon us, I wish the Mavs a successful, healthy season

And1
09-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I hope they win azz loads of games(except against the rox;) ).

Forget the past few seasons, none of that matters now. Texas basketball is looking real good. I look forward to good dallas-houston non-troll discussions.

So happy the season will start soon.:D

MavsX
09-30-2007, 10:17 AM
except that the rockets suck.

sucker

Underdog
09-30-2007, 11:33 AM
except that the rockets suck.

sucker

truth.

MavsX
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
MavsX is the truth.

DavidDaMonkey
09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
You know, Big Shot Rob comes in here and we have respectable conversations with him. Because of that, I can understand the confusion. However, the key difference is that we, for the most part, respect the Spurs. The same cannot be said for the Rockets. Sorry man.

And1
09-30-2007, 04:34 PM
You know, Big Shot Rob comes in here and we have respectable conversations with him. Because of that, I can understand the confusion. However, the key difference is that we, for the most part, respect the Spurs. The same cannot be said for the Rockets. Sorry man.

no problem, I don't take it personally.

DavidDaMonkey
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear it. I may speak only for myself, but I hope to see the Rockets rise above and give us a good run. If that happens, you are more than welcome around these parts. If a team is going to become a threat, I'd much rather it be a Texas team than any other.

alby
09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
i hate the rockets with a passion

but maybe the only way the mavericks will do something is if the rockets finish ahead of us

MavsX
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
let's get him!

Tokey41
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I hope Tmac is healthy for the entire season and finally gets out of the first round... it's becoming too easy to make fun of him.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Dirkadirkastan
09-30-2007, 09:21 PM
i hate the rockets with a passion

but maybe the only way the mavericks will do something is if the rockets finish ahead of us

They sure came close to taking our bracket last year. That would have added much injury to insult.

DOMINATOR
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
not sure why this thread had to turn into a Rockets bashing thread.

Tmac looks promising for this season... only missed 11 games last year. which is a nice turn around for him and Adelman will cut down his minutes same with yao.

good luck to mavs and looking forward to a good basketball season.

Dirkadirkastan
10-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Glad to hear it. I may speak only for myself, but I hope to see the Rockets rise above and give us a good run. If that happens, you are more than welcome around these parts. If a team is going to become a threat, I'd much rather it be a Texas team than any other.

Said the guy who actually felt sorry for Miami and its misfortunes last year.

That's right, I still remember.

EricaLubarsky
10-01-2007, 02:48 AM
And1 is a troll at his heart. Wishing us a good season isnt going to change the fact that most of the time he's obnoxious.

And1
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
And1 is a troll at his heart. Wishing us a good season isnt going to change the fact that most of the time he's obnoxious.

I accept that I probably brought that upon myself.

But, I hope to change that this season by acting like a guest in your house and cutting down my posting and rarely starting new threads, if at all.

I'm just glad to be able to be a member on this site, spurs-site and clutch.

chumdawg
10-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Go count how many threads we have started wishing Houston a good season. My guess is that you will find zero-point-zero.

That should tell you something.

And1
10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Go count how many threads we have started wishing Houston a good season. My guess is that you will find zero-point-zero.

That should tell you something.

That's cool.

However, there are a few mavs fans on the spurs site that have positive things to say about Tmac, Yao and the Rockets. So I know that is not a universal feeling.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

antoinewalker
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
i hope all the texas teams finish in the top 3 seeds in the west.

Underdog
10-03-2007, 04:37 PM
That's cool.

However, there are a few mavs fans on the spurs site that have positive things to say about Tmac, Yao and the Rockets. So I know that is not a universal feeling.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

Mavs fans on a Spurs site? Sounds like someone who would be confused enough to say positive things about the Rockets... :rolleyes:

Flacolaco
10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah.... (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=95938)OK

vmac
10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
The truth is I've been a Rockets fan my entire life until last year. I've been up here in Dallas for the past 3 years and hopefully will continue to reside here. I'm in Highland Park and really can't see myself living anywhere else now. Anyways, I couldn't really forgive the Rockets after they brought in JVG and traded for Tmac. I can't stand either. Last 4 years have truly been a waste of time, energy, and money (I kept getting League Pass) for me. Things are finally going in the right direction for them, but I don't care anymore. I'm a fully grown Mavs fan now. I used to watch them for entertainment purposes, and then all of a sudden I actually found myself rooting for them. Back in '04 I broke my TV after they beat the Rockets. It was tough. I rooted against the Mavs in the Finals 2 years ago because I was sick of all my friends acting the way they did whenever they watched Mavs games in front of me. I don't know what happened after that. Maybe it was the people over in the Rockets forum who kept making fun of Dallas in general (when in reality Houston is a dump--I'm never going back there) and made me laugh every time they'd start a thread whenever the Mavs did ANYTHING. The general NBA section over there truly was dedicated to the Mavs, lol. So yeah, I'm sick of the Rockets and hope they fail, forever. I never want Tmac to get past the first round. I feel bad for Yao because he deserves it. No point in rambling on. I'm over the Rockets and support the Mavs now. And no, I didn't jump on the bandwagon. That's stupid of anyone to think that.

And for the record, I've always hated the Spurs and will always hate them!

I've also always liked the Cowboys and Stars so it made sense for me to start supporting the Mavs too. It's great fun!

alby
10-04-2007, 01:14 AM
you are a good man, my friend.

alby
10-04-2007, 01:17 AM
by the way, your post is now my AIM profile.

ty
10-04-2007, 01:22 AM
The truth is I've been a Rockets fan my entire life until last year. I've been up here in Dallas for the past 3 years and hopefully will continue to reside here. I'm in Highland Park and really can't see myself living anywhere else now. Anyways, I couldn't really forgive the Rockets after they brought in JVG and traded for Tmac. I can't stand either. Last 4 years have truly been a waste of time, energy, and money (I kept getting League Pass) for me. Things are finally going in the right direction for them, but I don't care anymore. I'm a fully grown Mavs fan now. I used to watch them for entertainment purposes, and then all of a sudden I actually found myself rooting for them. Back in '04 I broke my TV after they beat the Rockets. It was tough. I rooted against the Mavs in the Finals 2 years ago because I was sick of all my friends acting the way they did whenever they watched Mavs games in front of me. I don't know what happened after that. Maybe it was the people over in the Rockets forum who kept making fun of Dallas in general (when in reality Houston is a dump--I'm never going back there) and made me laugh every time they'd start a thread whenever the Mavs did ANYTHING. The general NBA section over there truly was dedicated to the Mavs, lol. So yeah, I'm sick of the Rockets and hope they fail, forever. I never want Tmac to get past the first round. I feel bad for Yao because he deserves it. No point in rambling on. I'm over the Rockets and support the Mavs now. And no, I didn't jump on the bandwagon. That's stupid of anyone to think that.

I've also always liked the Cowboys and Stars so it made sense for me to start supporting the Mavs too. It's great fun!

Welcome home, good and faithful son.

ty
10-04-2007, 01:23 AM

Probably the best first post by a person in D-Mavs.com history.

Dirkadirkastan
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM

Just watched that game again. Now I have a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

fluid.forty.one
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM

oh boy

I'm going to go read that thread

ty
10-04-2007, 03:51 PM

True.

fluid.forty.one
10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
oh boy

I'm going to go read that thread

ah that was glorious. I just revamped my mancrush on JET.

Flacolaco
10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow how did that link get in my post?....that was weird ;)

untitled
10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I was at that game 7. I fully expect that it will be the most enjoyable blowout victory I will ever witness in my lifetime. I specifically remember the break between the 1st and 2nd quarters (the Mavs were up by 12) - I told my brother's roommate that, while the 12-point lead after one quarter was fun, there was no way in hell that, projecting it out, the Mavs would pull out a 40+ point victory against the Rox.

I love being wrong, sometimes.

ty
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
...and then T-Mac cried a river.

chumdawg
10-04-2007, 04:59 PM
The Rockets were never in the Western Conference race in the first place.

DavidDaMonkey
10-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Said the guy who actually felt sorry for Miami and its misfortunes last year.

That's right, I still remember.

Hey, if thats what it takes to get a reputation around here, I'll glady wear it as my badge.

alby
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
The most memorable thing from that series was DA's crazy block on Mike James, because James was unstoppable until we brought in DA.

GuerillaBlack
10-15-2007, 07:52 PM

Hahaha.

I moved to DFW in January, and I can't stand this place (well maybe just Arlington and Dallas, but Fort Worth is the shit). Can't wait to get back to Houston. I watched the Mavs for entertainment last year, but that was it. I am not a bandwagon fan and don't all of a sudden like another team. The Rockets have always been my favorite team, and me moving to DFW wouldn't change that.

GuerillaBlack
10-15-2007, 07:54 PM
...and then T-Mac cried a river.
Yeah, almost like Mark Cuban and company after the loss to Golden State last year...

me770706
10-15-2007, 11:54 PM
uh, houston is vastly improved so look out guys. i think the chemistry might be an issue but theyre looking pretty deep

Flacolaco
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Have fun, trolls.....it's only pre-season.

Come opening night, I declare open season on trolls. Go back to your homes. I'm sure you have a comfy forum waiting for you somewhere. (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=95938)

And1
10-16-2007, 01:11 AM

Come opening night, I declare open season on trolls. Go back to your homes. I'm sure you have a comfy forum waiting for you somewhere. (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=95938)

looking forward to the preseason game this Thu., how about you?

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2007, 06:11 AM

How is what I said trollish? Is it because I am a fan of an opposing team? Does that automatically make me a troll? Thanks for the negative rep...

Flacolaco
10-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Yes. I see no reason for me to go to a Spurs or Suns message board. I stay here, where I belong.

looking forward to the preseason game this Thu., how about you?

To be honest, I didn't even know there was such a game. Just looking forward to games that count.

GuerillaBlack
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
It is all in good fun. I see no problem with it. As long as there are respectable conversations and such. I just hate the fans that come in and say "teh [enter team name here] is teh worst1!1!".

And1
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Yes. I see no reason for me to go to a Spurs or Suns message board. I stay here, where I belong.

To be honest, I didn't even know there was such a game. Just looking forward to games that count.

normally I would agree. However, b/c of our new coach/players/offense I look forward to any opportunity to see them on the court.

alby
10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
games that count?

they start after April 16, 2008

GuerillaBlack
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Nah, they start October 30th. If you don't win the games in the regular season, how do you expect to play after April 16, 2008?

DelNegro
10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Nah, they start October 30th. If you don't win the games in the regular season, how do you expect to play after April 16, 2008?

Teams who have legitimate cause to think about championships know that the regular season will work itself out. The only thing starting October 30th is an 82 game beauty pageant where 30 contestants try not to be one of the 14 ugliest in the room.

haywoodjay
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM

holy sh!t... a bandwagon mavs fan! never thought i'd see the day!

poser.

antoinewalker
10-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Teams who have legitimate cause to think about championships know that the regular season will work itself out. The only thing starting October 30th is an 82 game beauty pageant where 30 contestants try not to be one of the 14 ugliest in the room.
lol. i liked that metaphor. :p

GuerillaBlack
10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
holy sh!t... a bandwagon mavs fan! never thought i'd see the day!

poser.
That is what I was saying. If you were truly a Rocket fan, you wouldn't switch teams with a move to a new area.

alby
10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
hes a mavs fan now. let him go

ty
10-19-2007, 12:12 AM
True, vmac. Now change your name to vdirk. Not like you have anything to lose =/

DOMINATOR
10-19-2007, 12:24 AM
That is what I was saying. If you were truly a Rocket fan, you wouldn't switch teams with a move to a new area.
let him be a fan of whatever team he chooses. why do you care? doesn't effect you at all. if he wants to jump wagon to wagon let him.

EricaLubarsky
10-19-2007, 12:25 AM
bump....

oh so true.

ty
10-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Yeah, almost like Mark Cuban and company after the loss to Golden State last year...

Wow, I've totally disregarded this thread, sorry I'm so late to reply...

In my recollection, I don't remember seeing Cuban and company cry on national television after the loss to Golden State.

TMac on the other hand after his first round loss...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RgHtGZFZ-rM

Atleast he was able to wipe away one tear and walk off before anything drastic happened right?

alby
10-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Each year I say it, but there are always excuses that come out of Houston. But do you Rockets fans agree that if T-Mac doesn't get out of the 1st round again with that roster, it's time to call him a loser?

DOMINATOR
10-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Each year I say it, but there are always excuses that come out of Houston. But do you Rockets fans agree that if T-Mac doesn't get out of the 1st round again with that roster, it's time to call him a loser?
yes... however tmac looks like he is in great shape this year, orlando years great.
but no 2nd round this year=loser.

Flacolaco
10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow, I've totally disregarded this thread, sorry I'm so late to reply...

In my recollection, I don't remember seeing Cuban and company cry on national television after the loss to Golden State.

TMac on the other hand after his first round loss...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RgHtGZFZ-rM

Atleast he was able to wipe away one tear and walk off before anything drastic happened right?

seriously?..... we have no room to talk there. At least they got a 7th game.

I'm all for battling the trolls. Battle away. But don't say stuff like that, please.

ty
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM

I'm all for battling the trolls. Battle away. But don't say stuff like that, please.

From what he just said and the context of what was said earlier in the thread, I don't see why my response was unwarranted. I was strictly referring to tmac after the Mavs blew out the Rockets a few years back. It's not my fault he decided to bring up Golden State.

RonMexico
10-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd tROLL hard but really I'm just here for a Cedric Ceballos jersey. Yup, that's my brah and that's why his shirt is hanging from the AAA rafters.

These Rocket fans don't know nothing about how we did it in Reunion Arena ...

alby
10-19-2007, 08:05 PM
reunion rowdies

And1
10-19-2007, 09:36 PM

You earned some serious respect there.

roxgirl
10-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Aww v mac=redefined on CF.net. The most open bandwagoner I've ever read of...

MavsX
10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Aww v mac=redefined on CF.net. The most open bandwagoner I've ever read of...

well hello to you too