PDA

View Full Version : Dream Match Up

destroy ALL
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
This would be such an awesome match up! Everyone in their prime! Who you think would win? I have no clue!

Shaq
Duncan
T-Mac
Kobe
Nash

vs.

Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mavs 07-08 Champs!

ty
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
This would be such an awesome match up! Everyone in their prime! Who you think would win? I have no clue!

Shaq
Duncan
T-Mac
Kobe
Nash

vs.

Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mavs 07-08 Champs!

...........I would switch Tracy with Dirk......?

destroy ALL
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
tracy is a "true" small foward as was Bird. I wanted the match ups to be kinda equal. and i would put KG in instead of Dirk.

ty
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
1. Mavs 07-08 Champs!, yet the greatest Mav, Dirk is not on list...

2. We've all heard the Dirk/Bird comparisons, yet Dirk is not matched up with Bird.

3. Tracy is the laziest person to play defense, yet he's on your list?

AxdemxO
10-22-2007, 05:22 PM
1. , yet the greatest Mav, Dirk is not on list...

2. We've all heard the Dirk/Bird comparisons, yet Dirk is not matched up with Bird.

3. Tracy is the laziest person to play defense, yet he's on your list?

OK Tracy on his lazy day is as good on D as Dirk....and if he chooses he can be a lock down defender...

ty
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
OK Tracy on his lazy day is as good on D as Dirk....and if he chooses he can be a lock down defender...

Well, then I guess you take your chances with Tracy, as I'd take my chances on Dirk.

...Not that these dream team comparison even matter. =/

rmacomic
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Shaq
Duncan
T-Mac
Kobe
Nash

vs.

Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton

Mavs 07-08 Champs!
Nike

EricaLubarsky
10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Tmac versus Bird? Good lord, if it was a meaningless game Bird would have absolutely no chance-- Tmacs athleticism would trash Bird and make Bird look like Adam Morrison.

then again if the game was a playoff game T-Mac would miss every shot, pout and then cry in the press conference.

skylive321
10-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Hands down
Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton
The game has changed and big guys arent as physical as they used to be. guys like bird, hakeem, and malone would beat down a PG like nash that drives into the lane so much. They were brute, hard nosed and physical enough to send a message that only the big boys played inside. One other thing though, I would include Barkley in his hayday on this list. icing on the cake..

AxdemxO
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Hands down
Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton
The game has changed and big guys arent as physical as they used to be. guys like bird, hakeem, and malone would beat down a PG like nash that drives into the lane so much. They were brute, hard nosed and physical enough to send a message that only the big boys played inside. One other thing though, I would include Barkley in his hayday on this list. icing on the cake..

Yee but big guys bak in the day were not as athletic as big guys these days soo it can go so many ways..but idc...and Nash can take some beatings

AxdemxO
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, then I guess you take your chances with Tracy, as I'd take my chances on Dirk.

...Not that these dream team comparison even matter. =/

Agree they dont matter and i am not saying I would take Tracy over Dirk I do like Tracy thou and think tht he can be a top 5 player whenever he chooses on either side of the ball...But Dirk is the mann

** Just sayin tht Tracy got better d

alby
10-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Hakeem would tortue Shaq.

Hydhypedplaya
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Nash is better than stockton IMO
Kobe Jordan are pretty much equal
Tmac would tear up Bird (mainly because of his athleticism)
Duncan and Malone are pretty equal (but Duncan impacts the game more)
Hakeem would own Shaq (Shaq has admitted that Hakeem was the best center ever)

So by comparison Nash, Kobe, Tmac, Duncan, Shaq would win but I think chemistry would be alot better with the other team mainly because Kobe is more off a ballhog than jordan, and Hakeem is ALOT better as a playmaker than Shaq.

DOMINATOR
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
i would put Magic in instead of Stockton. mostly because i dislike stockton/malone.
plus magic would abuse nash. no way nash could get a shot off and no way nash could even imagine guarding magic.

tmac is a really good defender he just gets lazy like previously stated.

spreedom
10-22-2007, 08:27 PM

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_stockton/?nav=page

Look at Stockton from 87-88 to 97-98.... that's a decade of DOMINANCE at the point guard position. His offensive numbers are as good, if not better, than Nash has had since joining the Suns... not to mention the fact that he actually worked his hairy-chested, scrawny little ass off on defense, unlike Mr. Nash. I don't even think the two compare.

AxdemxO
10-22-2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_stockton/?nav=page

Look at Stockton from 87-88 to 97-98.... that's a decade of DOMINANCE at the point guard position. His offensive numbers are as good, if not better, than Nash has had since joining the Suns... not to mention the fact that he actually worked his hairy-chested, scrawny little ass off on defense, unlike Mr. Nash. I don't even think the two compare.

At the end of their careers they will be very close..unless Nash manages to win a title then he will be ahead

AxdemxO
10-22-2007, 08:49 PM
i would put Magic in instead of Stockton. mostly because i dislike stockton/malone.
plus magic would abuse nash. no way nash could get a shot off and no way nash could even imagine guarding magic.

tmac is a really good defender he just gets lazy like previously stated.
Ummm ur right abou Nash guarding Magic...but if u think tht Nash coudlnt score against Magic ur crazy

chumdawg
10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I'd pay just to watch Kobe against Jordan.

With Magic, the old team probably wins a best of seven. With Stockton, the new guys hold sway.

There is NO WAY that Hakeem hangs with Shaq in his prime. Olajuwon could score on him, yes, but no one guards Shaq.

fluid.forty.one
10-23-2007, 01:34 AM

So by comparison Nash, Kobe, Tmac, Duncan, Shaq would win but I think chemistry would be alot better with the other team mainly because Kobe is more off a ballhog than jordan, and Hakeem is ALOT better as a playmaker than Shaq.

Kobe and Jordan are not equal
Nash is NOT as good as Stockton. Offensively almost the same... defensively not even on the same page. One was arguable the best defensive PGs ever. One is one of the worst.
Bird > Tmac by freaking FAR
Duncan Malone Hakeem and Shaq would own each other, with Shaq making the biggest impact.

alby
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Its hard for me to bet against a team that has both Jordan and Bird =\

dalmations202
10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
There is NO WAY that Hakeem hangs with Shaq in his prime. Olajuwon could score on him, yes, but no one guards Shaq.

Depends on how the game is called. If they allowed Shaq to dislodge people, then I agree, but if they didn't then Hakeem had as much or more quickness than Shaq. They would both get theirs, IMO. Shaq, IMO, is probably the hardest player in the history of the game to actually officiate correctly. How it gets called makes all the difference.

My dream game of players I watched often: (if they were all in their primes)

Nash - Stockton
Kobe - Jordan
Dirk - Bird
Duncan - Karl Malone
Shaq - Moses Malone

Subs
Kidd - Magic
TMac - Doc J
Brand - Barkley
JO-Hakeem
Yao-Kareem

<edit> thanks Destroy

mqywaaah
10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
So... having Dirk on one team with Kobe would be like having Bird and MJ?

destroy ALL
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Hakeem would tortue Shaq.

Hakeem would torture a 95-96 shaq but i dont think a 2000-2003 shaq.

destroy ALL
10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Depends on how the game is called. If they allowed Shaq to dislodge people, then I agree, but if they didn't then Hakeem had as much or more quickness than Shaq. They would both get theirs, IMO. Shaq, IMO, is probably the hardest player in the history of the game to actually officiate correctly. How it gets called makes all the difference.

My dream game of players I watched often: (if they were all in their primes)

Nash - Stockton
Kobe - Jordan
Dirk - Bird
Duncan - Karl Malone
Shaq - Moses Malone

Subs
Payton - Magic
TMac - Doc J
Brand - Barkley
JO-Hakeem
Yao-Kareem

Payton?! lets not foget about Kidd!

ty
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
So... having Dirk on one team with Kobe would be like having Bird and MJ?

Make it happen.

Kobe Thread #4??? ;P

alby
10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
ty, i want kobe

DOMINATOR
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
hakeem and shaq would cancel each other out offensively. hakeem with finesse and shaq with pure strength. i think hakeem would definantly have the bigger impact on team defense with his athleticism. blocking shots from the weak side.

antoinewalker
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Hakeem would torture a 95-96 shaq but i dont think a 2000-2003 shaq.
93-96 hakeem would tortue 2000-2003 shaq.

alby
10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
did u guys watch hakeem during the years before the two championships???

even better.

spreedom
10-23-2007, 08:56 PM
As it was stated earlier..... how is Nash on the current team when Jason Kidd, who is better at EVERYTHING besides shooting, is absent? That doesn't make much sense to me. I think he'd be a much better matchup for Stockton, anyway.

alby
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
gary payton - prime - is underrated IMO

Stranger
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
To those saying TMac would torture Bird because of his atheleticism... remember that Bird regularly got the best of Julius Irving and Dominique Wilkins, two of the best athletes to ever play the game. I can't believe anyone would pick TMac over Bird.

alby
10-23-2007, 10:07 PM
It's because he's white =\

Bird >>> Tmac

Five-ofan
10-23-2007, 11:06 PM

kobe and jordan are pretty much equal???? I know kobe has become overrated these days but is there honestly anyone this damn stupid?

Five-ofan
10-23-2007, 11:07 PM
best defensive pg of all time and a very good offensive player. Though frazier was close defensively.

antoinewalker
10-24-2007, 12:06 AM
yep. gary payton is easily one of the best point guards of all time.

ty
10-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Bird was a lot more athletic than many people think. He drove. He slashed. He even played dirty too. He was not a pure shooter as many people think.

Five-ofan
10-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Bird was a lot more athletic than many people think. He drove. He slashed. He even played dirty too. He was not a pure shooter as many people think.
he was more athletic than people think and i disagree about him being the pure sf. I think thats scottie pippen. Bird was a tweener.

alby
10-24-2007, 03:33 AM
The thing with Bird, when he was matched up with someone who was faster, quicker, and more athletic than him--He used his smarts to guard them (angles, positioning, leverage, etc). He also got away with a lot of grabbing and holding as well, but hey if you were Larry Legend, you would get away with a lot of stuff too.

Just on basketball IQ alone, T-Mac has no chance against him. Plus, if you wanted a defensive frontcourt from the 90s, I would start Hakeem at PF and David Robinson at C--that way, it wouldn't even matter how athletic the other swing players on the other team are.

A great defensive presence negates so many difficiencies, it's not even funny.

Five-ofan
10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
The thing with Bird, when he was matched up with someone who was faster, quicker, and more athletic than him--He used his smarts to guard them (angles, positioning, leverage, etc). He also got away with a lot of grabbing and holding as well, but hey if you were Larry Legend, you would get away with a lot of stuff too.

Just on basketball IQ alone, T-Mac has no chance against him. Plus, if you wanted a defensive frontcourt from the 90s, I would start Hakeem at PF and David Robinson at C--that way, it wouldn't even matter how athletic the other swing players on the other team are.

bird>>>>>>>>>>>>>tmac i think everyone knows that(ignoring some answers in this thread) The reason i said i think pippen is the prototype sf isnt because i think he was better than bird(he wasnt) but that he does more of what i think of when i think of a sf. Pippen is one of the best athletes in the history of the nba and i think of sf as the most athletic position on the court. He could distribute and play point forward. He could score for himself. He could board. He could hit the three. And hes the best defender in the history of the nba.

ty
10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
bird>>>>>>>>>>>>>tmac i think everyone knows that(ignoring some answers in this thread) The reason i said i think pippen is the prototype sf isnt because i think he was better than bird(he wasnt) but that he does more of what i think of when i think of a sf. Pippen is one of the best athletes in the history of the nba and i think of sf as the most athletic position on the court. He could distribute and play point forward. He could score for himself. He could board. He could hit the three. And hes the best defender in the history of the nba.

Pippen took some horrible shots in his time.

ty
10-25-2007, 01:32 PM

The Admiral = Most cut/big player in NBA history.