PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com Expert Predictions for 2007-2008

MartinGT
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Nobody picked Dallas to win? :D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/martingt/nba_predictions.jpg

MartinGT
10-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Well at least 2 of them picked the Mavs to win the Division!!!!! Bravo!!!!

chumdawg
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Does it strike anyone else as odd that we are in the same division as the Spurs and the Rockets?

Flacolaco
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
One thing everyone can agree on, like the Spurs troll who started this, or any of us....the Eastern team who gets to the Finals, once again, has no prayer in hell.

Dirkadirkastan
10-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Nobody picked Mavs over Spurs in '06 either, so stfu.

Usually Lurkin
10-31-2007, 12:44 AM
only two for the Celts in the east?

MavsX
10-31-2007, 07:33 AM
so spurs or suns huh..

looks like i'm going to have to kill some more people.

edit: i didn't realize martinGT was a spurs fan..i just gave that idiot his 4th red box....it felt good.

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
10-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah everyone's on the Suns bandwagon (along with the Spurs of course) because they got screwed over in that one game. Which is true but just because of those suspensions happened doesn't mean they would of won the series anyway. Spurs still would of won they've always had the Suns number.

Windmill360
10-31-2007, 03:33 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Windmill360/Dallas-Mavs/nba_predictions2copy.jpg

Oh wait, that was last years "predictions".

fluid.forty.one
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
since when did sports writers become experts?

MavsX
10-31-2007, 04:13 PM
since when did sports writers become experts?

he's got a point!

Janett_Reno
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
The Suns better position themself where they do not have to play the Spurs and they also better hope we are possibly the Rockets knock them out(in the west). Those are the only two teams that could possibly knock the Spurs out. The Rocks usually choke and go away from Ming and lose, so will they play to there strengths this year? We will see and they are talented. We will be ok and i think we can win it all.

AxdemxO
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
he's got a point!

He does..but at the same time remember we'r not experts/ idk why every1 is surprised by the pick. They are going based on last year and both Spurs and Suns did better then us in the playoffs...now as far as the East I personally cant go against Boston...possibly going all the way and I hope they do unless they face us in the finals. Soo thier picks are predictions and opinions and soo are ours...but ours tend to be more homer...soo I think their opinions in this case are reasonable based on last year...but its BB and anything can happen as we saw last year against GS, its something I have been saying 4 evr.

Dtownsfinest
11-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Yea I don't get why anyone would expect to see the Mavs up there. We got ousted out in the 1st round. Not saying we have a chance or don't have chance but I see the reasoning behind the picks. The Spurs won the ring last year they should be favored to win it again. Some feel the Suns were cheated in the Spurs series and feel they should be favored to win.

One thing everyone can agree on, like the Spurs troll who started this, or any of us....the Eastern team who gets to the Finals, once again, has no prayer in hell.

Uhhhh i'm not to sure about that. Bulls, Pistons and Celtics all have fair shots at winning the title IMO. Cavs didn't stand a chance because of the Larry Hughes injury. If its just going to be Lebron and Boobie Gibson again than expect another sweep. But the Bulls, Pistons, Celtics and Heat offer more than that. I like the Magic chances of going to the championship over the Cavs this year. Lebron can only take them so far.

LonghornDub
11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Who the hell cares if nobody picks the Mavs. It's indicative only of the fickle nature and short memory of sports writers, not of the Mavs actual chances in winning the thing.

mqywaaah
11-02-2007, 10:36 AM
What? Spurs or Suns? BS!

dalmations202
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Have Charisma or Earn respect.

Phoenix -- Charisma team
SA -- Earned respect

Everyone else -- basically sucks or has something to prove first.

Tokey41
11-02-2007, 11:42 AM
What do the Suns have to feel confident about? That everyone likes the way they play and they are fun to watch? They have proven less than Dallas and yet the 'experts' are still picking them (maybe it's the 'sexy pick' effect). And it's not like they upgraded anymore than we did. Just goes to show you how much effort these writers actually put into their predictions... they are sheep, just like a casual fan.

DelNegro
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
In the world of fickle fans and fickle writers the Suns get more run than the Mavs do because the "haven't been able to get over the hump" perception is less damning than the "bunch of chokers" perception. Simple as that.

dalmations202
11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
In the world of fickle fans and fickle writers the Suns get more run than the Mavs do because the "haven't been able to get over the hump" perception is less damning than the "bunch of chokers" perception. Simple as that.
I totally disagree.

When Nash was with the Mavs, he was considered awful by the media. All that was reported was his defensive inefficiency and how he choked with Bibby, etc. He gets traded to the Suns, and all of a sudden he is the MVP. Then his deficiency was overlooked, and his strengths are magnified. Nash really hasn't played much differently in the last 4-5 years.

Phoenix is the charisma team. I have no idea the reason, but it is like Bill Clinton -- absolutely worthless as a Commander in Chief of the military, a distinct womanizer with many women calling him all kinds of things -- yet his biggest voting supporters --- women. He had charisma. Reagan did as well. It can't be defined exactly, but it is there for Phoenix.

The Suns haven't even been as far as Dallas, but Dallas does not have that charisma. DWhistle has that charisma. King James has that charisma. Melo has that charisma.

It isn't about how far they have been, it is about whether they can win the popularity contest.

DelNegro
11-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I totally disagree.

When Nash was with the Mavs, he was considered awful by the media. All that was reported was his defensive inefficiency and how he choked with Bibby, etc. He gets traded to the Suns, and all of a sudden he is the MVP. Then his deficiency was overlooked, and his strengths are magnified. Nash really hasn't played much differently in the last 4-5 years.

Phoenix is the charisma team. I have no idea the reason, but it is like Bill Clinton -- absolutely worthless as a Commander in Chief of the military, a distinct womanizer with many women calling him all kinds of things -- yet his biggest voting supporters --- women. He had charisma. Reagan did as well. It can't be defined exactly, but it is there for Phoenix.

The Suns haven't even been as far as Dallas, but Dallas does not have that charisma. DWhistle has that charisma. King James has that charisma. Melo has that charisma.

It isn't about how far they have been, it is about whether they can win the popularity contest.

Solid points, but I don't think it's about charisma. If anything I think it's about timing. Everyone likes the up and coming team and there's about a 3 year window where you can do no wrong. But if you start to get beyond that 3 years without having delivered the hardware you quit getting the benefit of the doubt and the media starts hyping the next up and comers. The Mavs have been a playoff team for 7 years now. They're in that put up or shut up stage.

We saw the same thing happen to the Sacramento Kings. They were fun and exciting and everyone liked them but after losing to the lakers 3 straigth years in the playoffs people started taking that same put up or shut up attitude with them.

If the Suns don't get it done this year I think they will use up all their good will and teams will start hyping the Jazz or Celts or whoever else the sexy new team of the day is.

JMO at least.

wmbwinn
11-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm sure that Dallas will win their division again. I don't think that anyone including the Spurs are going to run up a better a season record. It doesn't bother me if people pick the Spurs or Suns to win the West. Frankly, our falling apart in 7 game series has become quite a problem in the National eye. That won't end until we take the crown at least once.

But, Dallas will win the division and will probably be the number one seed again (unless the Suns end up as the number one seed). But, picking the West champion between the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Jazz, and the Rockets (if they can EVER stay healthy for a full season) is guesswork. But, I love the Mavs chances.

We'll know more as we see how the many changes in our personnel stack up against the best teams in the regular season.

horse900703
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
agree with Mavs!!!!

Flacolaco
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
agree with Mavs!!!!

yah!!!

fluid.forty.one
11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
how many signatures can one man need?

Dirkadirkastan
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm sure they all come in handy at different times, depending on the situation.

Remember that large picture Dan had for awhile as his sig? That gets my vote for worst sig ever.

alby
11-06-2007, 02:46 AM
i remember we were limited to one sig per person, k thx.

Dtownsfinest
11-06-2007, 08:43 AM
If I didn't have a cable modem i'd be pretty pissed off at Horse right now lol.

Flacolaco
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Nobody picked Dallas to win? :D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/martingt/nba_predictions.jpg

Bump.

Giggle.

What a season.

Underdog
04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Bump.

Giggle.

What a season.

wow

Windmill360
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
lol @ heat, bulls, and nuggets.

Windmill360
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
hahah skiles!

Usually Lurkin
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
only two for the Celts in the east?
I've now quoted every prediction I ever got right. Woo Hoo!

edit. . . I mean "will" get right, of course.

Flacolaco
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Man, Chicago is going to be awesome this year.

nikeball
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
I bet you all 1 million bucks that the Suns will not win the Pacific even though the experts are against me.

Usually Lurkin
04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
It's funny that you always hear the argument for Kobe as MVP, "Noone expected the Lakers to be at the top of the West." but you don't see pictures for New Orleans in that chart, either.

jthig32
04-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Still feel good about this one? :D

Flacolaco
04-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Still feel good about this one? :D

lol

Hell. No.

I certainly think the Celtics are the real deal now.

Boy back then, I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal. Melo and AI got together and they haven't done anything. I thought the Celtics might be the same way.

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
04-16-2008, 06:34 PM
The Hornets are a cellar team at best.

MavsX
04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
i hate this thread.