PDA

View Full Version : NJ vs. Indiana

Drbio
04-26-2002, 09:58 PM
Jersey win 85-84 to take a 2-1 series lead.

Jermaine O'Neal clanked a free throw with no time left to lose it for the pacers.

Rhylan
04-26-2002, 10:09 PM
He was so scared it was pitiful! It took him about 3 times longer than the average Karl Malone FTA to shoot each of those. On the last one, he bent his knees, came all the way up, then looked at the cheerleaders, winked at one, picked his nose, recited the 20 lines of Shakespeare he had to learn in High School, made a couple of phone calls on his cell phone, then finally released the ball.

No big surprise he front rimmed it.

Hales233
04-26-2002, 10:34 PM
nope...reggie had a good look at the buzzer to win it but didn't connect.

DTL
04-26-2002, 11:02 PM
The passing of Miller Time....

MavsFanFinley
04-27-2002, 01:16 AM
That sucked for O'Neil for sure. How long did he stand at the ft line after the miss and the other players chased the ball down?

Miller had such an open look, how in the hell did he shoot it so wide?

Rhylan
04-27-2002, 09:20 AM
I don't know, but did you see after O'Neal's first shot attempt and offensive rebound, before the free throws, he had Reggie standing there on the arc ALL ALONE, but he took it back up, missed, took it back up again and got fouled. Now, I don't care if Reggie is 300 years old, you kick it out to him for the shot there. If I'm Reggie I'm in the kid's ear about that, BIG TIME. Jermaine was just intent on backing up his big talk, I guess.

reeds
04-27-2002, 10:33 AM
The greatest shooter in the game MISSES an open look to win a game? A while back there was a thread about how he was the greatest shooter in the game- and I laughed..Well, I am still laughing. I know- not all great shooters make every game-winning shot, but I remember many more that he misses at the end of games- than the ones he makes...