PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd

Janett_Reno
12-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I think Jason Kidd will be gone very soon. Look at his stats tonight. It is pretty clear he wants out. The talk is Kidd for Camby. I think Kidd can help Denver and Camby can the Nets but do the Nets have a pg? The other team they say he is going to is the Lakers.

Talks of Ben Wallace leaving and again Chicago is after Gasol and possibly Kobe. Other's on the Bulls are not safe either. Jason Williams has thrown a fit and is done with the Heat and looks like he might go back to Memphis and the Heat want Mike Miller.

Kidd will be interesting where he goes.

AxdemxO
12-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Yee seems like a lot of stuff is developing..it will be interesting. Idk tht we will get into any of the action, but still will be fun to see where every1 ends up

Tokey41
12-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I think Jason Kidd will be gone very soon. Look at his stats tonight. It is pretty clear he wants out. The talk is Kidd for Camby. I think Kidd can help Denver and Camby can the Nets but do the Nets have a pg? The other team they say he is going to is the Lakers.

Talks of Ben Wallace leaving and again Chicago is after Gasol and possibly Kobe. Other's on the Bulls are not safe either. Jason Williams has thrown a fit and is done with the Heat and looks like he might go back to Memphis and the Heat want Mike Miller.

They have Marcus Williams, I think he can be pretty good in a few years. If I were them I would want young talent to rebuild with, do they really think Camby/Carter/Jefferson will be any better than what they had? Get some youth! And trade VC to whatever sucker thinks he's still worth something!

Jack.Kerr
12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Ever hear of the Trade Thread?

And besides, what ABOUT Kidd's line from last night. What about it says he wants out? Are you interpreting the 13 assists as Kidd "dogging it" in an attempt to force a trade?

Kidd's not a great shooter-- 0-8 can happen easily with him. But he's not laying down if he's busy dishing out 13 assists.

Try digging a little deeper next time.

Janett_Reno
12-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I think Kidd can help the Lakers and Denver. I think that young big man for LA is comming along nicely. Remember me saying Phx will have a tough time defending a big man in the paint, that can score. Bynum other night destroyed Phx at 11 for 13, 12 rebounds, 8 ft's. The Lakers would be a very dangerous team for Phx because no one could defend Bynum.

Denver is interesting. Iverson can create like a point guard. They have good players and on paper they are dangerous in the playoffs but they are like Houston and seem to always lose and never play to their strengths. I think Kidd would help Carmelo and he is already really good. My question is, pulling Camby. They do not want to get like Phx and not be able to defend the paint and also Camby can score some also. Other night against the Bucks, Camby 10 block shots, 11 rebounds, 10 points. He is averaging 14 rebounds.

I know usually rumors doesn't develop but i see where Denver could use a point. If you give them a good point but pull a good center, what happens? I would think also NJ needs to get some good young talent but it seems they think they are a center away from having a shot. In which Camby and Kidd are getting up in age. With NJ and Miami falling like a rock and even Chicago, i look for changes in those teams. Now the Lakers have the upper hand and say, give us the bank for Kobe because look at our record, look at yours and we do not have to make change. I think some of the contending teams might take a chance on Ben Wallace as they are trying to make changes in Chicago. I am not so sure what Miami can do because Shaq just can't put game after game's together anymore. He has a good game ever now and then. Mourning out, they are going to struggle. I feel it is down hill for Shaq the rest of the way.

I feel Kidd is gone and i do think he could help some teams out west. I like Harris for us as he really can make it rough on other teams.

Janett_Reno
12-27-2007, 05:07 PM
It is still rumors like this also and articles...

A case could be made for the Dallas Mavericks acquiring Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets when you look the success big point guards have had against the Mavs.

The Dallas Morning news noted that Utah's Deron Williams had 17 points, 12 assists and 7 rebounds in the Jazz win Wednesday. He has 41 points again Dallas earlier this month.

Golden State's Baron Davis had 37 points, five assists and five rebounds to keep Golden State in the game against the Mavs while Stephen Jackson was still suspended earlier this month. And you might recall that Davis absolutely dominated last season's playoff series.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree Davis did dominate us. Wade did, and also Williams last night but how many stop Davis and this guy for Utah is no fluke. That point guard is good and i am seeing him dominate alot of teams. Harris was upset last year when he felt he should start over Terry. Kidd won't be off the bench, he is a starter. If he was here, Harris would be one upset Mav off the bench. Both are pg's and neither is a shooting guard. So i do not see him comming here but i might be wrong.

me770706
12-27-2007, 05:44 PM
there's no question, we can not stop ANY big ballhandling guards. i'm not sure how much of an upgrade kidd would be in that area (besides the fact that he has size i dont really know how well or how often he plays defense), but he would definitely facilitate the offense it would run so smoothly and he would also clean up the glass. i love devin but kidd is a triple double almost every night and he would elevate josh and dirk's game tremendously

Janett_Reno
12-27-2007, 05:56 PM
me, i do agree with you on what you said. I am almost afraid to think what NJ would want. I know most in here would say something involing Terry but NJ would want something involing either Harris or Howard. Those are two players i hate to see go and doubt we would ever do that.

Kidd can also really rebound. If Dallas wanted Kidd and has discussed this, which player do you think would be involved for us to get Kidd? They do need a center. NJ has done everything to try to get a center but they keep finding players like Bass. No knock on Bass here at, but at 6'8" it is hard in this league to be a tough center.

The little winning streak we have had i see Dampier a big part of it. When we pull him, alot of teams seem to now go to the rim on us. I wish Dampier could score more but i feel if we did anything with him and left ourself open without a center or only Diop, that our defense gets worse. What would NJ want from us, if we was able to get Kidd? I am not sure how it would work to have Kidd/Harris on the same team and making Harris come off the bench or if he would blow up.

me770706
12-27-2007, 05:59 PM
yeah diop as the one and only true center on this team would not be a good situation. i'd give up harris before i gave up howard

Janett_Reno
12-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I think NJ would do something if Harris was involved.

Janett_Reno
12-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Me, after tonight those talks could very well heat up and come true. We looked bad at home.

spreedom
12-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I really think the Nets and Nuggets would both be wise to look at an AI-for-Kidd swap. It gives them both the kind of players they need: the Nets, shipping out Kidd, would need a superstar who can score, handle, and distribute the rock, and the Nuggets could re-dedicate their offense primarily to Melo, while Kidd finds the bigs for easy layups and dunks. I like the trade for both teams.

chumdawg
12-27-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd let them their have their pick of two players not named Dirk or Howard.