PDA

View Full Version : Best Wishes to Nene

MavsFanFinley
01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Nene's Web site says he had tumor removed at Denver hospital

January 15, 2008
AP - Jan 11, 9:41 pm EST

DENVER (AP) -- Doctors removed a tumor from Nuggets forward Nene, according to the player's Web site Tuesday.

The statement said the surgery was done Monday at a Denver hospital, but it did not indicate whether the tumor was cancerous or where it was located.

Nene's medical team will discuss what to do next after getting test results expected by the end of the week, the statement said.

Nene, who is from Brazil, took an indefinite leave of absence Friday. The team hasn't released any information about his condition.

Nene is averaging 6.4 points and 6.4 rebounds. He missed 22 games earlier this season after undergoing left thumb surgery.

He missed all but one game of the 2005-06 season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, and he missed 27 games the season before with a variety of ailments.

The Nuggets were scheduled to play the Hawks in Atlanta on Tuesday night after losing to the Bobcats 119-116 in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday.

MavsFanFinley
01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Nuggets' Nene has surgery to remove testicular tumor

January 15, 2008

ATLANTA (AP) -- Denver Nuggets forward Nene underwent surgery Monday to remove a testicular tumor, and a biopsy will determine if it was cancerous.

The Brazilian player took an indefinite leave of absence Friday, and there is no timetable for his return.

"Nene is recovering well and in good condition," Dr. Fernando J. Kim said.

The operation was done at Denver Health Medical Center. Kim said a "right testicular mass was found incidentally and it was managed surgically." The tumor was found last week in an exam by team physician Dr. Saurabh Mangalik.

"I want to thank my fans, my teammates, the Nuggets organization and everyone that's been supporting me," Nene said in a statement released by the team before Tuesday night's game at Atlanta.

"My victory will represent their victory as well. Thanks for being with me in this moment. I will remember all the appreciation. I thank God that we could detect this at such an early stage."

Denver coach George Karl noted that he and his son, Coby, have fought cancer. George Karl has had surgery for prostate cancer.

"As a cancer survivor and someone who has watched his son go through two cancer-related surgeries, I know firsthand the emotions and fears that you feel when someone says you might have it," Karl said. "Our job now is to support Nene and be there for him as a family. Basketball is at the bottom of the totem poll at a time like this. We just want him to get healthy."

Nene is averaging 6.4 points and 6.4 rebounds. He missed 22 games earlier this season after undergoing left thumb surgery. He was out for all but one game of the 2005-06 season after tearing a knee ligament, and he was sidelined for 27 games the season before with a variety of ailments.

StackAttack
01-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Hate Nene the player with a burning but unfounded passion, but I'm sure he's a good dude and this is a battle that no one deserves to be faced with.

Best wishes to him and his family, hopefully we'll see him on a basketball court soon.

jacktruth
01-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Removing a nugget from this Nugget's nuggets.

Ummmmm Ok
01-15-2008, 09:32 PM

I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time...

StackAttack
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time...

Which is a little sadistic considering what said Nugget is going through right now.

bernardos70
01-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Best wishes to my compatriot. May he have a speedy recovery.

fluid.forty.one
01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Best wishes to him.

lol

TripleDipping
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Bad news. Dude just can't catch a break.

jacktruth
01-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Which is a little sadistic considering what said Nugget is going through right now.
That picture of chef stack in your signature isn't helping matters.

horse900703
01-16-2008, 06:47 PM
so sad~~~