PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem vs Shaq

Bayliss
04-28-2002, 10:09 AM
This debate has been raging on two separate boards. With both men in their prime, who was better?

I think Shaq was better. Only had a few offensive moves but when he gets it on the blocks he's almost unstoppable. And he's actually learned some finesse which is what he lacked in the 95 Finals.

reeds
04-28-2002, 11:10 AM
The Dream definetly had more inside post moves, and could hurt you in many more ways offensivly-but with that being said- SHAQ is still the answer. The man is just way too STRONG. He gets the ball inside- and its LIGHTS OUT- period. Pure domination. And I loved the dream too- i am just being honest...

Drbio
04-28-2002, 01:58 PM
Shaq...no question.

DTL
04-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Hakeem was more fun to watch. I just find Shaq's game painfully boring.

Hales233
04-28-2002, 05:27 PM
don't we all dtl...don't we all.

Epitome22
04-28-2002, 05:48 PM
i'd Have to go with Shaq. It was quite a treat to see these 2 go at it in the finals because it's probably the only time we ever saw Shaq get schooled. But there's a difference between a young developing Shaq and an edge of his prime, savvy Hakeem going at it and 26-27 year old Shaq and 26-27 year old Hakeem going at it. I think Shaq would have developed just enough finesse and wisdom to overtake the Dream.

ocelot_ark
04-28-2002, 06:50 PM
Hakeem. The fact that he can out block/rebound shaq at their respective primes does it for me.

ocelot_ark
04-28-2002, 06:50 PM
Hakeem. The fact that he can out block/rebound shaq at their respective primes does it for me.

nekked
04-28-2002, 08:12 PM
its so hard to compare because, even though they're both centers, they're really completely different animals. hakeem was a lion - strong, quick, fearless. shaq's an elephant - huge, overpowering, suprisingly nimble (a nimble elephant?? - couldn't think of a good animal).

imo, hakeem was the better "basketball player" - more skill, more talent, more athleticism, but you can't deny shaq's results, and if he stays healthy...??? he's just unstoppable because of his sheer physical presence - and i do recognize how his game has developed in the last few years, but if he were 6-10, 260, he'd be good, but not what he is.

when all's said and done, if i'm going to watch someone play - hakeem, but if i want to build a team - shaq.

Murphy3
04-28-2002, 09:06 PM
hakeem is the more skilled player..but shaq is the better NBA player..
his sheer strength and quickness on the offensive and defensive side give him the nod over hakeem's skilled all around game