PDA

View Full Version : Artest to Denver

muzak
02-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Jesus, what is going on this wild, wild, west?

imagine that thugged out team...think it will happen? how do they have the salary space for all those big name contracts? i don't get it. how can you have AI, Mellow, Artest, and Camby under the same cap?

Jack.Kerr
02-19-2008, 09:26 AM
How many driveby lockerroom shootings can one team endure?

horse900703
02-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Dever had too many good players already, now they add Artest ................

sike
02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
link...anyone??

Stranger
02-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't see this reported anywhere... Is the topic meant to discuss the possibility of the deal or is it supposed to have already happened?

sike
02-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I don't see this reported anywhere... Is the topic meant to discuss the possibility of the deal or is it supposed to have already happened?
I need a link as well, Dr. Strange.

Dr.Zoidberg
02-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Itīs only a rumour at the moment:Two league sources said Sunday that the Denver Nuggets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/den/;_ylt=Akwu6YsWt8Nk1w7yiKCwHiEQmNIF) were in "full pursuit" of Artest and discussing a package involving Linas Kleiza, Eduardo Najera (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3437/;_ylt=AofA3rIzq0ykSNwuCezHC.MQmNIF) and a first-round pick.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArRYTYKAlWksV73LiULnhRO8vLYF?slug=ys-tradecountdown021808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

sike
02-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I think we should know better than anyone right now not to believe rumor! ;)

MavsFanFinley
02-19-2008, 09:46 AM
If we want to talk about rumors, espn insider says Artest's name has come up in SA. Now imagine a lineup of Duncan, Artest, Bowen, Ginobli or Finley, Parker.

Jack.Kerr
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
I think we should know better than anyone right now not to believe rumor! ;)

Well, in this case, if you hear of any trade rumors being shot down, people will actually have been ducking.

Dirkenstien
02-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I think if Artest is traded he will actually be going to Cleveland.

From the rumors I've been hearing they're trying desperately to get their guy some help. Not sure what Sacramento would take for him but Cleveland could offer Pavlovic, two expiring contracts, and a draft pick.

fluid.forty.one
02-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Any chance that Najara has some unknown no-trade clause?

muzak
02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah, just a rumor. sorry for any confusion.

bernardos70
02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
If we want to talk about rumors, espn insider says Artest's name has come up in SA. Now imagine a lineup of Duncan, Artest, Bowen, Ginobli or Finley, Parker.

That would royally suck for every other team in the NBA.

Dirkenstien
02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
That could either be really good or really bad for the Spurs. Depending on what they have to give up and how well they can keep that nut-case focused.

Artest's latest comment has him backing off of his trade request saying he wants to just focus on winnin a championship with the Kings this year. That's how messed up this guy's head is.

nikeball
02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
That could either be really good or really bad for the Spurs. Depending on what they have to give up and how well they can keep that nut-case focused.

Artest's latest comment has him backing off of his trade request saying he wants to just focus on winnin a championship with the Kings this year. That's how messed up this guy's head is.

I'm pretty sure Pop/Duncan and their winning % and rings will tell him to shut up.

DelNegro
02-19-2008, 03:20 PM
No thanks to Artest. Not worth the risk.

dalmations202
02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Artest to SA doesn't scare me. They don't have the offense to maximize his talents anyway.

Mike Miller to SA scares me.

Imagine his shooting and size at the wing, with Parker still penetrating, and Duncan still Duncan. Ginobili still doing his thing as well. OUCH.

If they could add a slightly better athletic C to defend the rim against running teams -- please don't let Diop go there next year -- wow.

Parker, MMiller, Bowen, Ginobili, Finley, Duncan, Oberto, Diop = Next ring if healthy, IMO.

DelNegro
02-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Artest to SA doesn't scare me. They don't have the offense to maximize his talents anyway.

Mike Miller to SA scares me.

Imagine his shooting and size at the wing, with Parker still penetrating, and Duncan still Duncan. Ginobili still doing his thing as well. OUCH.

If they could add a slightly better athletic C to defend the rim against running teams -- please don't let Diop go there next year -- wow.

Parker, MMiller, Bowen, Ginobili, Finley, Duncan, Oberto, Diop = Next ring if healthy, IMO.

Agreed. Plus Artest has a bad habit of just randomly deciding it's time for him to get some shots up and he becomes a chucker. I doubt Pop would find that too amusing.

Miller is the guy I hope they go after. They've got the expiring contracts Memphis is looking for and haven't ever been shy about tossing in draft picks. But I remember seeing somewhere that Memphis wants to tie Brian Cardinal's bad contract to Miller. That probably takes the Spurs out since they're not big fans of taking on dead weight.

MavsX
02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3249812

Mike Bibby has been exiled after nearly seven seasons with the Sacramento Kings. Is Ron Artest next?

Artest told ESPN.com on Saturday that he's no longer lobbying for a move before Thursday's trading deadline.

"I am anxious to see what my future holds, [but] I like Sac," Artest wrote in an e-mail. "My entire focus is with Sac and winning a championship this year."

Earlier this month, Artest said repeatedly that the Kings "would be better if I wasn't on the team." But he's backed off those comments, which apparently stem from Artest's concern that Sacramento isn't interested in keeping him beyond this season.

Artest has the ability to terminate his contract at season's end and become a free agent in July. Earning $7.4 million this season and due to make the same amount next season, Artest will be seeking a substantial raise if he does opt out.

Yet there have been no indications that such a raise is coming from the Kings. And after shedding Bibby's $14.5 million salary for next season, Sacramento seems unlikely to part with Artest now in any trade that adds long-term salary to the Kings' payroll -- even with the likes of Denver's Carmelo Anthony using his All-Star Weekend platform to publicly call for his team to trade for Artest.

The Kings might have other motivations to keep him around. Artest has been playing maybe his best ball as a King since those comments about leaving, with first-year coach Reggie Theus praising Artest's increased willingness to share the ball and his all-around team play in making the claim this week that "Ron is our go-to guy."

As for Bibby's departure, Artest has always tried to convince the skeptics that he and Bibby were closer than outsiders believe. He tried again Saturday to dispel the notion that there was friction between the two, insisting that they often worked out together away from the practice floor and spent time with each other's children.

"Bibby treated me like family," Artest said.

Dirkenstien
02-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Pop/Duncan and their winning % and rings will tell him to shut up.

Conventional methods don't work with this guy. I'm telling you, I think he would be bad news for that team.

Miller going to SA really scares me, though, and I think it would actually make them the favorites to win it all again.

Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

EricaLubarsky
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Shouldnt this be a hypothetical trade in the trade forum?

horse900703
02-19-2008, 05:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3249812

Mike Bibby has been exiled after nearly seven seasons with the Sacramento Kings. Is Ron Artest next?

Artest told ESPN.com on Saturday that he's no longer lobbying for a move before Thursday's trading deadline.

"I am anxious to see what my future holds, [but] I like Sac," Artest wrote in an e-mail. "My entire focus is with Sac and winning a championship this year."

Earlier this month, Artest said repeatedly that the Kings "would be better if I wasn't on the team." But he's backed off those comments, which apparently stem from Artest's concern that Sacramento isn't interested in keeping him beyond this season.

Artest has the ability to terminate his contract at season's end and become a free agent in July. Earning $7.4 million this season and due to make the same amount next season, Artest will be seeking a substantial raise if he does opt out.

Yet there have been no indications that such a raise is coming from the Kings. And after shedding Bibby's $14.5 million salary for next season, Sacramento seems unlikely to part with Artest now in any trade that adds long-term salary to the Kings' payroll -- even with the likes of Denver's Carmelo Anthony using his All-Star Weekend platform to publicly call for his team to trade for Artest.

The Kings might have other motivations to keep him around. Artest has been playing maybe his best ball as a King since those comments about leaving, with first-year coach Reggie Theus praising Artest's increased willingness to share the ball and his all-around team play in making the claim this week that "Ron is our go-to guy."

As for Bibby's departure, Artest has always tried to convince the skeptics that he and Bibby were closer than outsiders believe. He tried again Saturday to dispel the notion that there was friction between the two, insisting that they often worked out together away from the practice floor and spent time with each other's children.

"Bibby treated me like family," Artest said.
cheater!!!!

Mavfreak
02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Artest is a nut case. As great and gifted as he is, his personality makes him an undesirable player. Now, if he could get a Psyche transplant he'd be awesome.

MavsX
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
cheater!!!!

...and you're drunk