PDA

View Full Version : Official Ex-Mavs Watch

StackAttack
02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Let's see how Devin and co shape up, shall we?

nashtymavsfan13
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Devin Harris will be an All-Star in the next 3 years.

Underdog
02-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Devin Harris will be an All-Star in the next 3 years.

...in the East (which is barely a notch above being a D-League All-Star...)

;)

MavsX
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM

;)

ohhh...burn

Dirkadirkastan
02-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Underdog, your head is still exploding? What's the matter?

Underdog
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Underdog, your head is still exploding? What's the matter?

I'm waiting until after the trade deadline to change my picture...

StackAttack
02-21-2008, 06:35 AM
So Devin's out.

Hassell played a decent game and Gana got limited minutes. Ager, no surprise, didn't leave the bench.

T.Hassell 21:52 1-3 FG 2-2 FT 4 REB 4 AST 3 PF 1 ST 1 TO 1 BS 4 PTS

D.Diop 06:41 1-1 FG 1-2 FT 1 REB 1 PF 3 PTS

Dtownsfinest
02-22-2008, 10:38 AM

;)

So you're saying Kidd won't sniff the All Star game next season lol? I'm joking but looking at Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Baron Davis and Daron WIlliams he's definately gonna have some competition.

StackAttack
02-26-2008, 08:39 PM
5 fouls in 9 minutes for Diop.

Atta boy, Gana!

Caseman
02-26-2008, 08:54 PM

Atta boy, Gana!
You serious? That's hilarious! Maybe he's still ticked about the trade.

chumdawg
02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
You serious? That's hilarious! Maybe he's still ticked about the trade.Maybe he's still Diop.

StackAttack
02-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe he's still Diop.

Ha, well said.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Diop belongs in a defensive system. He won't do anything for Lawrence Frank's Nets. This is why I'm hopeful for Magloire.

Maringa
02-27-2008, 07:09 AM
I liked Diop, but I think we have had clouded judgement over the past years regarding our centers, starting with Hodges/Bradley,etc...We have had so many terrible centers that we had learned to accept the small golden nuggets that Diop provided and we magnified them to the point we called him a good center. Around the rest of the league, Diop would still be considered marginal. He has no offense - he was one less scorer on the field. With him in the game and Kidd on the floor (also a low scorer), it would have been brutal to rely on the other three players to carry the scoring load. I think you will see Diop, once more be on the end of the bench of several teams over the next few years, because the other teams demand a center that can actually score. I wish him well, but I don't think he will be in the league for more than 2-3 years.

fluid.forty.one
02-27-2008, 11:37 AM
I completely forgot that Harris was injured. It's not too far-fetched to say that if we didn't pull the trigger on the kidd trade, we might have missed the playoffs.

Underdog
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I completely forgot that Harris was injured. It's not too far-fetched to say that if we didn't pull the trigger on the kidd trade, we might have missed the playoffs.

Kidd: 3-1

Harris: 0-0

foglemann
02-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Atta boy, Gana!

Lets keep an update going on the major reason we won't win a championship because we gave up a great defensive center....DIOIP!

Wow, he's going to hurt himself in the FA market with outings like that.

Underdog
02-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Lets keep an update going on the major reason we won't win a championship because we gave up a great defensive center....DIOIP!

Wow, he's going to hurt himself in the FA market with outings like that.

Diop's looking a lot like that spare we picked up off the Cleveland bench... Our coaching staff seemed to get the best out of him while they could (was it Del Harris? Diop's success ended when Del left our coaching staff - coincidence?)

Jack.Kerr
02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Five fouls in 9 minutes, but Diop also had a +2, only one of two Nets with a positive differential. He's gonna be fine. If a player like Tree Rolins can have a 20-year career, Dop should be able to go for 10 or 12.

The Nets were called for 34 fouls against the Magic, with Carter and Jefferson both fouling out. Diop was relieving Boone against Dwight Howard, who they held to 17/10. They put him on the line 15 times, and he only made 7. Not that bad an approach at this point.

I don't know who worked with Diop in Dallas, but it's a shame that they couldn't develop his garbage game any more than they did in two years. It actually looked like he regressed. Makes you wonder if there's a weakness on the coaching staff.

Underdog
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
It actually looked like he regressed. Makes you wonder if there's a weakness on the coaching staff.

If our coaching staff earns credit for his regression, then you also have to give them credit for his progression from towel waver to legit backup center...

Jack.Kerr
02-27-2008, 02:05 PM
If our coaching staff earns credit for his regression, then you also have to give them credit for his progression from towel waver to legit backup center...

And I always did.

But his progress stopped fairly abruptly, and he couldn't even complete a put-back.

Who is the big man coach now for the Mavs?

Underdog
02-27-2008, 02:11 PM
And I always did.

But his progress stopped fairly abruptly, and he couldn't even complete a put-back.

Who is the big man coach now for the Mavs?

Good question - not sure... I do know that Diop attended Olajuwon's Big Man Camp the past 2 offseasons, but it didn't make a lick of difference concerning his offensive skills...

Dirkgreatness
02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
The newspaper also reported that Los Angeles is expected to sign rookie Nick Fazekas to a 10-day contract. Fazekas has spent most of the season in the D-League after getting drafted in the second round by the Dallas Mavericks.

"He can shoot the ball, and he has some (low-post) skills," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "Plus, he's a rookie."

The report said that Fazekas could be a stop-gap for injury-riddled Los Angeles, which has played the season without forward Elton Brand and guard Shaun Livingston prior to the recent injuries to Kaman and guard Sam Cassell.

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=nba-news-display&nid=A231409531204074543A

Fazekas signing a 10 day contract with the clippers.

dirno2000
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
It's really early to be looking at +/- stats but they're interesting nontheless. Diop is a +16.6 with New Jersey while Shaq is a -13.2 with PHX.

If he keeps himself in shape, Diop can play 10 more years in the league. There will always be a market for 7-footers who can rebound and block shots.

Underdog
02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Damn, I keep reading this as "Official MavsX Watch"

dirno2000
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The run to the playoffs for the New Jersey Nets is set to go through Devin Harris.

The recently acquired point guard was given the job of directing the Nets' offense by coach Lawrence Frank Wednesday after practicing for the first time since the Jason Kidd deal with Dallas last week.

"We really want him to take ownership with this," Frank said. "We want him to feel comfortable with this, be assertive and have the freedom to make some play calls."

How much Harris can help immediately is uncertain. He has not appeared in a game since spraining his left ankle while playing for the Mavericks on Jan. 27.

His availability against Milwaukee at the Izod Center on Thursday night will be a game-time decision. Indications after practice were that Harris would come off the bench and replace Marcus Williams if the ankle feels OK.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3267733

nowhereman
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
in his first game in NJ, before the half, devin is 6/6 for 16 points in 8 minutes, including 3/3 from 3. :)

StackAttack
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
And a quarter later, 17 points and 5 assists on 6-8 (3-4 from 3, 2-3 from the line).

I can't help but think we'll regret the trade at some point, but then I glance over at the DAL-SAS box score and see 50% shooting against the Spurs and I think I'll take it.

SchumiWDC
02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Man, I am really happy to see him do well in his debut, I really wish him the best in the future.

LSMF
02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Devin Posterized andrew bogut a few minutes ago, it was nice!

MavsFanFinley
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Solid debut for Harris tonight. I'm happy for him to be able to play his game and excel in a situation best suited for him. He should do well in NJ and the East.

MavsX
02-28-2008, 10:55 PM
man i just saw the nets highlights on sportscenter....harris looks freaking good..he had some awesome plays..

and a 3 pointer from damn near half court

nashtymavsfan13
02-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Devin Harris with 21 points and 5 ast. I like Jason Kidd, but I'm still not sold on the trade.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-29-2008, 01:27 AM
21 points, 5 assists in 21 minutes.....

Jack.Kerr
03-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Diop 20 minutes, 4 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blks and a +10 in a 10-point Nets loss to Spurs.

EricaLubarsky
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
great stats on a bad team are always deceptive.

Jack.Kerr
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
great stats on a bad team are always deceptive.

Can be. Diop's +/- is worth watching though.

What are great stats in a loss?

Dirkenstien
03-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Harris against San Antonio:

In 36 minutes of play Harris had 21 points, 2 assist and 5 boards. He only shot 37% from the field but he did have four three pointers.

Meanwhile Parker completely burned him over and over again. In just 33 minutes Parker had 25 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assist while shooting over 50% from the field and going 5-6 from the line.

A lot of people say we'll mis Harris' defense against Parker, but Parker easily had his way with Devin last night. Harris just couldn't stay in front of him to save his life.

mary
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Keith Van Horn - DNP.

Guy can't catch a break.

Dirkenstien
03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Harris looked pretty bad last night in the Net's loss to the Spurs. Here are some of the things I found on a Net's forum:

"Harris's handles since coming to the Nets are kinda shaky for a PG imo. I didn't watch him in Dallas so I don't know if it's rust."

"Nice way to start the quarter: Harris over passing RJ then making a lazy pass nowhere near Krstic"

"Harris has to chill...he's out of control atm."

"Last thing though... Devin Harris please stop taking so many god damn threes..."

"and speaking of turnover machines...devin's handles are not as good as i thought they'd be. marcus is a better ball handler and passer. Maybe even shooter."

"That's actually why I want Marcus starting over Harris... I'd rather use Harris as a Barbosa type player than have him be the starting point guard. It would be quite a hit in the pocket when you consider how much he is owed over the life of his contract, but this is one of the things that always bothered me about him in Dallas, I just can't decide on whether or not Harris can be a real starting point guard."

Looks like they're starting to see the same problems with Harris that we had with him.

foglemann
03-05-2008, 12:42 PM
The +/- stat of Diop has always been good, but that hasn't helped his cause for more PT when he was here, I doubt it will help him get more PT there.

Devin is Devin, he's a scoring PG. I will bet he'll turn into a productive NBA player, just cause Avery's not babying him anymore, but he's more of a role player than most people wanted to believe.

ShaggyDirk
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Harris looked pretty bad last night in the Net's loss to the Spurs. Here are some of the things I found on a Net's forum:

"Harris's handles since coming to the Nets are kinda shaky for a PG imo. I didn't watch him in Dallas so I don't know if it's rust."

"Nice way to start the quarter: Harris over passing RJ then making a lazy pass nowhere near Krstic"

"Harris has to chill...he's out of control atm."

"Last thing though... Devin Harris please stop taking so many god damn threes..."

"and speaking of turnover machines...devin's handles are not as good as i thought they'd be. marcus is a better ball handler and passer. Maybe even shooter."

"That's actually why I want Marcus starting over Harris... I'd rather use Harris as a Barbosa type player than have him be the starting point guard. It would be quite a hit in the pocket when you consider how much he is owed over the life of his contract, but this is one of the things that always bothered me about him in Dallas, I just can't decide on whether or not Harris can be a real starting point guard."

Looks like they're starting to see the same problems with Harris that we had with him.

pretty soon, those "expectations" will be replaced by resentment.

Dtownsfinest
03-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Take inconsideration that Devin is coming off injury. It takes a while to get back into playing shape after missing more than a month of basketball. He can stay in front of Parker healthy. Parker has struggled since coming back from injury as well. Takes a while to get into playing shape especially for guys like Devin and Parker who rely on speed.

DevinHarriswillstart
03-05-2008, 04:02 PM
pretty soon, those "expectations" will be replaced by resentment.

To have such high expectations so soon is ridiculous. I wish people would stop thinking Harris is a player that he simply isn't. He is a score-first pg which as far as recent championship history has taught us, isn't so bad. He'll be an 18-20 pt, 5-7 assist, 1.5-2 steal pg for them. What exactly were they expecting I wonder??

Dirkenstien
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
What exactly were they expecting I wonder??

Well according to a lot of threads I've seen, many of them go something like this:

"Is Harris the best PG in the East?"

"Harris will be the future of this franchise!"

"We got an absolute steal!!! Old man Kidd for future All-NBA Harris!!"

So um, yeah.

ShaggyDirk
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
excuses excuses...still.

The guy isn't anything near capapble of what is expected of him. He just doesn't have "IT". Let him go, already.

FINtastic
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Injury or no injury, Devin should NEVER be taking over 6 threes a game. Where in the world did he get the idea that he was Dale Ellis?

Jack.Kerr
03-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Devin with 19pts/12asts/8 rebound in 117-115 Nets win over Utah.

Played (outplayed?) Williams who went 11/16/1.

mqywaaah
03-16-2008, 09:54 AM
^^ Atta boy!

dude1394
03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Boy the nets have a big bag o' nuthin at the center position. Even with Desagna.

Diop is playing about the same that he was for us, sorta poorly. Trenton/Ager DNP.

Jack.Kerr
03-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Boy the nets have a big bag o' nuthin at the center position. Even with Desagna.

Diop is playing about the same that he was for us, sorta poorly. Trenton/Ager DNP.

Don't necessarily disagree, but didn't Boone go 21/13 last night?

And coincidentally or not, Diop's 4 pts just about covers the margin of victory.

Just sayin'....

horse900703
03-16-2008, 11:12 AM

;)
haha, maybe he will move back to the West........

nashtymavsfan13
03-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Devin with 19pts/12asts/8 rebound in 117-115 Nets win over Utah.

Played (outplayed?) Williams who went 11/16/1.

He played great yesterday, very nice all around game.

Robillion
03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
The move to the Nets is exactly what Harris needed.. career & development wise. I actually hope he keeps getting better and better. He wouldnt have done that here. A la Nash.

dude1394
03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
The move to the Nets is exactly what Harris needed.. career & development wise. I actually hope he keeps getting better and better. He wouldnt have done that here. A la Nash.

Well he does automatically improve by virtue of limited competition. He'll also bring some good competitive juices to that team I think, they probalby needed a shake-up. Vince Carter needs to go, he's just disinterested.

EricaLubarsky
03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Clippers Sign Fazekas for Remainder of Season
http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/fazekas_signs_080318.html

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed forward Nick Fazekas for the remainder of the season. Fazekas was originally signed to a 10-day contract by the Clippers on February 27, and signed a second 10-day deal on March 8. In eight appearances for the Clippers this season, Fazekas is averaging 2.4 points, 3.4 rebounds and 0.4 assists in 9.3 minutes per game.

Fazekas played a career-high 24 minutes on March 15th against Washington, reaching career-highs in scoring (11 points) and rebounds (7).

Drafted by the Dallas Mavericks in the second round (34th overall selection) of the 2007 NBA Draft, Fazekas appeared in four games with Dallas earlier this season, averaging 1.0 point and 0.8 rebounds.

A three-time Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Player of the Year at the University of Nevada who averaged 20.4 points and 11.1 rebounds as senior, Fazekas played 28 games with the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Development League this season and was named a D-League All-Star. Fazekas averaged 19.1 points per game. 10.0 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.0 steals while shooting 53 percent from the floor with Tulsa.

EricaLubarsky
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Nets' Harris Unlikely To Play Wednesday
March 19, 2008 - 6:18 pm
The Star-Ledger -
Devin Harris is unlikely to play for the Nets on Wednesday night because of yet another sprained his ankle, according to The Star-Ledger.

He suffered the latest injury against the Bulls on Tuesday night.

"It's day to day. We'll re-evaluate to get a better read," Harris said.

He claims that it's not as bad as the sprain that caused him to miss games as a member of both the Mavericks and Nets earlier this season.

Jack.Kerr
03-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Devin 26/9/3 in a Nets win over Atlanta. Outplayed Bibby's 15/6.

Tokey41
03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
19, 12, and 8..... 26, 9, and 3.... what the hell are these Nets fans bitching about?

Jack.Kerr
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
19, 12, and 8..... 26, 9, and 3.... what the hell are these Nets fans bitching about?

They seem to be quite pleased.

ghazi
03-20-2008, 12:43 AM
wrong thread

TheBlueVan
03-21-2008, 09:53 PM
sooo, maybe harris was way better than avery was letting him be?

kidd and harris's numbers were/are better on the nets, and i dont think its just the drop in competition

The Crippler
03-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Devin Harris with 16pts 13asts and only 1 t.o. tonight in a loss. 13 - 1 assist to t.o. ratio...I'd take that.

Rue the day we made this trade folks, rue the day...

nashtymavsfan13
03-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Harris is a beast. I'm still not sold on the trade...

Dr.Zoidberg
03-22-2008, 08:01 AM
sooo, maybe harris was way better than avery was letting him be?

kidd and harris's numbers were/are better on the nets, and i dont think its just the drop in competitionDevin Harris with 16pts 13asts and only 1 t.o. tonight in a loss. 13 - 1 assist to t.o. ratio...I'd take that.

Rue the day we made this trade folks, rue the day...Harris is a beast. I'm still not sold on the trade...I really believe now, that Avery is the problem, as Harris assist average is going up and Kidd´s is going down now. He is not capable of letting point guards play their game and trust them. He may be a good defensive coach, but definitely has no clue how to play an offense. And the big problem is, that his ego is so big, that he doesn´t recognize his faults, and I think he also won´t listen to reason regarding coaching, even if it is from his assistant Westphal (from whom I think he would be a much better offensive coach, and therefore a good complement to Avery). We saw it at the first games of Kidd as he had 15 and 17 assists, not being familiar with Avery´s "offensive system". Now that he plays under his system, his assists are down and also his strengths (creativity and orchestrating an offense). It´s surprising how high the assist average of Kidd still is, even with playing under control of Avery´s system. Can you imagine how good this team could be without limiting (controlling) Kidd by Avery.

Now I definitely agree with Devin's statement in my signature with one exception. It rather should mean: "They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with this coach I´m playing for."

jthig32
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Man, that Devin is nothing but a shooting guard..... :rolleyes:

I'll stand by my change of position on the trade and not take trade backs, because I think we'll get rid of Avery in the offseason and see a dramatic improvement.

But I'm glad to see Devin going out and proving what he can do. It's just further evidence that Avery is a control freak that won't let his players play.

DevinHarriswillstart
03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Devin Harris with 16pts 13asts and only 1 t.o. tonight in a loss. 13 - 1 assist to t.o. ratio...I'd take that.

Rue the day we made this trade folks, rue the day...

Sigh...

Caseman
03-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Funny how Devin numbers shoot up when he is out of the hands of Avery. Hmm...

EDIT: Someone should make a thread about the trend of Devin's numbers going up, while Kidd's numbers going down. It's pretty obvious that AJ is choking the PGs down on this team.

Tokey41
03-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Who knew the kid could pass like that? Obviously not Avery....

RonMexico
03-22-2008, 02:09 PM
No mention of Ced Ceballos? Wth?

Anyway I got that shit cover. Ced is frequenting some local clubs ala his journal at his site cedricceballos.com. You know dude is real as everything he types is in all caps.

nikeball
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Devin Harris:

vs Pacers 3/26/8

22 pts 9-13 shooting 3-5 from threes and a CAREER HIGH OF 15 ASSISTS

EricaLubarsky
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
/cry

LSMF
03-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Devin Harris:

vs Pacers 3/26/8

22 pts 9-13 shooting 3-5 from threes and a CAREER HIGH OF 15 ASSISTS

Words can't describe how angry I am right now

nashtymavsfan13
03-26-2008, 11:29 PM
So which was Cuban's bigger mistake, letting Nash walk (who went on to knock us out of the playoffs one year and win 2 MVPs) or trading Harris (essentially our future) for a 35 year old broken down PG and narrowing our championship window by a big margain.

twistaeffect2004
03-26-2008, 11:35 PM
So which was Cuban's bigger mistake, letting Nash walk (who went on to knock us out of the playoffs one year and win 2 MVPs) or trading Harris (essentially our future) for a 35 year old broken down PG and narrowing our championship window by a big margain.

I think it's a little unfair to say Kidd is a broken down PG when he was putting up career highs in rebounds and was having his second best season ever in assists.

Kidd is still a great player.

nashtymavsfan13
03-26-2008, 11:36 PM
He's a few years away from retirement and on the downspin of his career.

ocelot_ark
03-26-2008, 11:39 PM
If kidd is still a great player, I sure would like for him to PLAY LIKE IT.

twistaeffect2004
03-26-2008, 11:39 PM
He's yet to show it though.

Remember, Devin Harris wasn't great here either. He had double digit assists in maybe 3 or 4 total games as a Maverick?

Is it the point guard? Or is it the system?

The fact that Devin Harris is now excelling, and Kidd has regressed kind of tells me its the system.

A poster even said a while back, and I totally agree. You put Nash in this system, he averages 13 and 7.

nashtymavsfan13
03-26-2008, 11:44 PM
He's yet to show it though.

Remember, Devin Harris wasn't great here either. He had double digit assists in maybe 3 or 4 total games as a Maverick?

Is it the point guard? Or is it the system?

The fact that Devin Harris is now excelling, and Kidd has regressed kind of tells me its the system.

A poster even said a while back, and I totally agree. You put Nash in this system, he averages 13 and 7.

I think part of it is definitely the system, but I think Devin played better in this system than Kidd is right now (taking defense into account as well). Kidd has just been unable to shoot at all.

There is NO way Nash would only average 13 and 7 in this system. He is a very high % shooter and would still get plenty of assists.

twistaeffect2004
03-26-2008, 11:49 PM
I think part of it is definitely the system, but I think Devin played better in this system than Kidd is right now (taking defense into account as well). Kidd has just been unable to shoot at all.

There is NO way Nash would only average 13 and 7 in this system. He is a very high % shooter and would still get plenty of assists.

I do agree with that. The system was much more suited towards a player like Devin. The reason I was so amped for this trade in the first place was I thought Avery would allow the ball to be in Kidds hands the majority of the time. That hasn't been the case. The fact that Avery wants Kidd to score more really makes me wonder if he's ever watched Kidd before. Hes NEVER been a high percentage guy. He's NEVER been a top scorer. He's one of the best point guards ever because of his ability to make others better. Taking the ball out of his hands 80 percent of the time is just idiotic.

Considering Nash never averaged 9 as a Mav under Nellie, i'm not sure you can say that. If you take the ball out of the playmakers hands, how does he create?

nashtymavsfan13
03-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I do agree with that. The system was much more suited towards a player like Devin. The reason I was so amped for this trade in the first place was I thought Avery would allow the ball to be in Kidds hands the majority of the time. That hasn't been the case. The fact that Avery wants Kidd to score more really makes me wonder if he's ever watched Kidd before. Hes NEVER been a high percentage guy. He's NEVER been a top scorer. He's one of the best point guards ever because of his ability to make others better. Taking the ball out of his hands 80 percent of the time is just idiotic.

Considering Nash never averaged 9 as a Mav under Nellie, i'm not sure you can say that. If you take the ball out of the playmakers hands, how does he create?

I agree with you on that. Kidd needs to be given more of a chance and let him do what he does best, but I would still say that overall the trade has been a disappointment and Kidd has n't played as well as I expected. The trade was supposed to make us much better and put us over the hump, and I just don't see it even if Avery wouldn't meddle with Kidd.

Tokey41
03-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Harris scored a season-high 27 points and dished out nine assists for New Jersey in a 123-115 loss at Indiana on Friday.

Harris, who shot 50.0 percent (10-for-20) from the field, is averaging 18.8 points and 9.2 assists in his last six games.

AxdemxO
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM
NJ lost just in case anyone is forgetting tht

DirkFTW
03-29-2008, 03:33 PM
But they lost in style.
/Troy McClure

Tokey41
03-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I think everyon can agree that Harris' numbers were going to be up in NJ anyway... but did anyone expect this much out of him so soon?

In the east if he can keep it up for a whole season that's all-star worthy. Who says the kid couldn't pass?

And the saddest part about all of this... we can only dream that we could get that production out of our pg position. 27 points? Dammit.

monty55555
03-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Devin with 13 points (5-15) , 7 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals and 5 TOs.