PDA

View Full Version : Rockets roll to 11th straight win, Who will stop them

Pages : [1] 2

horse900703
02-23-2008, 11:07 AM
The Houston Rockets' winning streak just got a whole lot more impressive.

Yao Ming had 28 points and 14 rebounds, T-mac had 34 points, and the Rockets won their 11th straight game, 100-80 over the Western Conference-leading New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

They are going to play Bulls on Sunday night, Wizards on Tuesday, Grizzlies on Friday, and next sunday against Nuggets. What team do u think will stop them in next week?

EricaLubarsky
02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I was going to post in this thread but I think Ill make a new thread about my new puppy

mqywaaah
02-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Hahahah Is this Yao posting? Cmon big fella, you can tell us now. The joke is up

mqywaaah
02-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Yao? Are you fishing for comments on a rival teams message board? Wait. You are taking the saying " keep your enemies closer" to another level now. Stappit

EricaLubarsky
02-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Hahahah Is this Yao posting? Cmon big fella, you can tell us now. The joke is up
Yao speaks English better than horse.

wesbrynt
02-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I would guess tracy mcgrady will stop them sooner rather than later with an overexagerated injury. Is he not coming up on a record for consecutive games played with like 11

mqywaaah
Maybe Yi then?

AxdemxO
I think wer all hoping that Yao speaks better english than a horse...I am sure he does

TripleDipping
02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Beating the Hornets by 20 in NO is big time. Hate them or hate them, the Rockets are playing very good now.

antoinewalker
02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Beating the Hornets by 20 in NO is big time. Hate them or hate them, the Rockets are playing very good now.
true.

bernardos70
02-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Rockets on roll~~~~

LonghornDub
02-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Mavs own the Rockets. Color me unconcerned. I'm much more concerned about the Lakers/Suns/Spurs.

Tokey41
02-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Talk about a 180... I remember when they didn't even look like a playoff team. At least we still have our Rocket killer (Terry) in our lineup.

LonghornDub
02-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Talk about a 180... I remember when they didn't even look like a playoff team. At least we still have our Rocket killer (Terry) in our lineup.

Not to mention, I can't even imagine what Kidd would do to Rafer Alston.

MavsX
02-23-2008, 02:59 PM
go to hell.

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Not to mention, I can't even imagine what Kidd would do to Rafer Alston.
I can...

Nothing...

The Rockets owned Kidd when he was in New Jersey.

haywoodjay
02-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Mavs own the Rockets. Color me unconcerned. I'm much more concerned about the Lakers/Suns/Spurs.

if i were the mavs i'd be more concerned with another monumental choke job.

but that's just me.

LonghornDub
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I can...

Nothing...

The Rockets owned Kidd when he was in New Jersey.

Sucks for you guys that he's on a much better team now, then. I can't wait to see a HoF PG with Dirk on his team go against poor little Skip to My Lou.

tmac1yao11
02-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Sucks for you guys that he's on a much better team now, then. I can't wait to see a HoF PG with Dirk on his team go against poor little Skip to My Lou.

I pretty much have the same sentiment as Parker of the Spurs, Thank you for this trade. To be honest, I was more afraid of Devin Harris and to also know he was going to be around for a long time was worse. I really wish you guys would have gotten rid of Stackhouse because now we really dont have any answer for him with our midget guards.

Ason Kidd doesnt score and cant take over a game because he cant shoot.

The way our young talent is playing right is what has been key to this run. We should have been starting Scola a long time ago and Carl Landry is a beast on the boards. Those are basically two new additions that you guys didnt really get to see in the first three matchups. I also like the addition of Bobby Jackson along with his playoff experience and ability to guard the small guards.

I also believe that the acquisition of Shaq by Phoenix allows us to match up with them much better as well.

LonghornDub
02-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I pretty much have the same sentiment as Parker of the Spurs, Thank you for this trade. To be honest, I was more afraid of Devin Harris and to also know he was going to be around for a long time was worse. I really wish you guys would have gotten rid of Stackhouse because now we really dont have any answer for him with our midget guards.

Ason Kidd doesnt score and cant take over a game because he cant shoot.

The way our young talent is playing right is what has been key to this run. We should have been starting Scola a long time ago and Carl Landry is a beast on the boards. Those are basically two new additions that you guys didnt really get to see in the first three matchups. I also like the addition of Bobby Jackson along with his playoff experience and ability to guard the small guards.

I also believe that the acquisition of Shaq by Phoenix allows us to match up with them much better as well.

Carl Landry isn't exactly going to strike fear into the hearts of Dallas/Phoenix/SA. And Scola certainly played in the 2 matchups in Houston this year. He didn't start, but he played. However, he was awful. I'm sure he's improved, but I'm going to withhold judgment until I actually see him play against Dallas again.

The Spurs like the trade because they have an elite, extremely fast PG. You guys have Rafer Alston. The addition of Kidd, frankly, destroys the only thing the Rockets did pretty damn well against the Mavs, and that's defending Dirk.

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I knew this was coming, which is why I am going to say that Houston is a much better team than when the Mavs last played us. We have finally gotten into Ric Adelman's system. There is a TON of team chemistry now, and our rookies are playing very well for us.

Janett_Reno
02-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Houston looks impressive. I knew if they ever went to Ming alot and Ming got agressive, they could become really good.

Windmill360
02-23-2008, 06:05 PM
This thread is missing something...

Windmill360
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Here it is:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Windmill360/avatar1399513crazyeyetmac4nv.gif

My contribution is done.

LonghornDub
02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
I knew this was coming, which is why I am going to say that Houston is a much better team than when the Mavs last played us. We have finally gotten into Ric Adelman's system. There is a TON of team chemistry now, and our rookies are playing very well for us.

Some improvement was bound to occur from how awful they were playing earlier on. But I'm not buying this "meshing with the system" thing. I watched a lot of the game last night, and the Rockets looked like the same old Rockets with a few new faces. The difference was, T-Mac and Yao were healthy and T-Mac was really being aggressive.

That's not a system, that's just your stars stepping up. And unfortunately, nothing has changed in regard to T-Mac's health. He will probably be hurt at least one more time before the season's over.

Any time you win 11 in a row, it's impressive. But certainly you have to understand that, until last night, this 11 game win streak was about as unimpressive as an 11-game win streak can get in terms of the competition. I want to see what Houston does against LA, healthy SA, PHX, Dallas, and Utah before I make my judgment.

A lot of this has to do with my complete lack of faith in Adelman's skills. I grew up a Portland fan and Adelman is not the coach Rockets fans are (just recently) making him out to be.

Flacolaco
02-23-2008, 06:45 PM
STOP STARTING A NEW THREAD FOR EVERY STUPID THOUGHT THAT ENTERS YOUR BRAIN

Tokey41
02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
What starting PG in the west isn't better than Rafer Alston, really? Maybe Minnesota's (but I can't remember who that is at the moment... do they use Foye there? I'd take him over Skip).

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2008, 07:05 PM

MavsX, what is up with the negative rep for this comment? We can't just agree to disagree? You have to give me a negative rep for it? Your comment was "suck it trebek". Very mature.

Some improvement was bound to occur from how awful they were playing earlier on. But I'm not buying this "meshing with the system" thing. I watched a lot of the game last night, and the Rockets looked like the same old Rockets with a few new faces. The difference was, T-Mac and Yao were healthy and T-Mac was really being aggressive.

Same old Rockets? I don't think so. The Rockets are not the same old Rockets. T_Mac is finally healthy now (crossing my fingers and hope he doesn't break a nail). Scola isn't getting into foul trouble now, and Landry is finally getting some playing time (with points and rebounds to match).

I think what you are seeing is the JVG defense with the Adelman offense.

That's not a system, that's just your stars stepping up. And unfortunately, nothing has changed in regard to T-Mac's health. He will probably be hurt at least one more time before the season's over.

Our stars are playing the same. It is the role players that have finally stepped up for us. The Rockets will never have only four players score in a playoff game ever again. Especially with this new and improved team.

Any time you win 11 in a row, it's impressive. But certainly you have to understand that, until last night, this 11 game win streak was about as unimpressive as an 11-game win streak can get in terms of the competition. I want to see what Houston does against LA, healthy SA, PHX, Dallas, and Utah before I make my judgment.

True.

It would have been a 16-game winning streak, but guess who we lost to? Utah. In fact, the game against SA would have been the first W. Most of the teams Houston is playing are teams that won't make the playoffs. Only teams that may make the playoffs are Cleveland (easily), New Orleans, and possible Golden State. Houston has beaten every elite team in the west except for the Mavericks. That will hopefully come on March 6th at the AAC.

A lot of this has to do with my complete lack of faith in Adelman's skills. I grew up a Portland fan and Adelman is not the coach Rockets fans are (just recently) making him out to be.

Most Rocket fans wanted to fire Adelman actually. I think this may be one of Adelman's best team. Fans (check Clutchfans.net) are still skeptical on him though. We aren't planning parades yet, but are VERY excited right now. Hoping to also extend that win streak to 12 tomorrow against the Bulls on ESPN.

Flacolaco
02-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I hope I'm never so insecure about the Mavericks that I need to go to other teams boards to make sure that they're getting the proper respect that I think they deserve.

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I hope I'm never so insecure about the Mavericks that I need to go to other teams boards to make sure that they're getting the proper respect that I think they deserve.
What's wrong with belonging to other teams' message boards? There are some Maverick fans at Clutchfans, too, and fans of other NBA teams here.

I live in DFW, and like seeing other points of views.

Windmill360
02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
You just typed what we're all thinking.

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
You just typed what I thinking.

Fixed. ;)

Janett_Reno
02-23-2008, 07:51 PM
The person that brought up Houstons pg, this is the question mark and why they grabbed Bobby Jackson also for a back up. If i had a young Shaq or a Ming and i am coach, i throw the ball 90% to them everytime down. I make them shoot, layup or dunk, no questions. When you are as tall as the goal and have a touch like Ming, this is not hard to figure out.

McGrady is also so good as well. It has been a mystery why thgey are not winning titles but Ming had been soft and McGrady usually gets hurt. Maybe this coach knows Ming/McGrady is his meal ticket and making the players go to them. If they ever got a Nash, Parker, Kidd and even Harris and Cassell would have been good for another year or two, they would be so hard to beat. I have not watched them but it sounds like Ming is tougher, more agressive and demanding the ball.

antoinewalker
02-23-2008, 08:06 PM
rafer alston seemed to do fine against chris paul last night.

bernardos70
02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm Fixed. ;)

Fixed. Credit goes to the alien

Rockets roll to 11th straight win, Who will stop them

When we again play them?~~~~

Tokey41
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
The person that brought up Houstons pg, this is the question mark and why they grabbed Bobby Jackson also for a back up. If i had a young Shaq or a Ming and i am coach, i throw the ball 90% to them everytime down. I make them shoot, layup or dunk, no questions. When you are as tall as the goal and have a touch like Ming, this is not hard to figure out.

McGrady is also so good as well. It has been a mystery why thgey are not winning titles but Ming had been soft and McGrady usually gets hurt. Maybe this coach knows Ming/McGrady is his meal ticket and making the players go to them. If they ever got a Nash, Parker, Kidd and even Harris and Cassell would have been good for another year or two, they would be so hard to beat. I have not watched them but it sounds like Ming is tougher, more agressive and demanding the ball.

Thats what I would do if I was the Rockets coach, unfortunately JVG couldn't seem to grasp that concept. And if I was the Rockts GM i'd be all over trying to trade Mcgrady (winning streak or not...). I mean, if they don't make it out of the first round this year how much more proof do you need that God just hates him? It would be sad if it wasn't so damn funny.

But still, Houstens pg position is one of the weakest in a stacked conference and I don't think they will get far until they upgrade that area. I'm sure Housten fans themselves will tell you that they found out several crappy point guards does not equal a good one. I'm not sure how good Jackson is at this point in his career but I doubt he can possibly be more useless than Mike James. At least they made a nice effort there.

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Mike James=garbage. Even in garbage time the man was garbage.

Fidel
02-24-2008, 12:04 AM
horse opens 111th straight thread with nothing in it. who will stop him?

dude1394
02-24-2008, 12:05 AM
No one will stop them...They won't lose another game. If they do, they suck and have no heart.

mqywaaah
02-24-2008, 02:21 AM
horse opens 111th straight thread with nothing in it. who will stop him?

Repped

nashtymavsfan13
02-24-2008, 02:25 AM
He is really starting to get annoying.

mqywaaah
02-24-2008, 02:29 AM
The pony?

amuseddaysleeper
02-24-2008, 03:19 AM

haha I was actually going to post a thread on what you guys thought of tony parker and many ginobili:o

Big Shot Rob
02-24-2008, 04:53 AM
The Rockets will go undefeated for the remainder of the season and win every game in the post-season by 30 points.

Okay--is that what you want to hear?!

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2008, 06:20 AM
^^No they won't.

mqywaaah
02-24-2008, 09:01 AM
^^Umm.. ok?

Lor20
02-24-2008, 09:48 AM
cmon look at the opponents of those 11 games:
at home:
Golden State
Cleveland
Atlanta
Portland
Sacramento
Miami

Away from home:
Indiana
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Cleveland
New orleans

Yes, the wins @ cleveland and @ new orleans were good but the rest were not such great teams...
1 0.1xx team (MIA)
1 0.2xx team (MIN)
2 0.3xx team (IND,MIL)
1 0.4xx team (ATL,SAC)
2 0.5xx team (CLE,POR)
2 0.6xx team (NOH, GWS[golden wanker state - that's their name right?])

so of those 4 .5+ teams we had:
Portland, right in the middle of a 5 game losing streak.
Cleveland who had a hard game vs boston before the first and the all star break before the second one
GS who wasnt doing bad at the time but they are only 15-12 on the road.
NOH who had just played dallas in a real intense game.

The margins of victory were:

Their game vs the hornets was by far their best of those 11 so I wouldn't overreact - they have a few more easy ones and then they get dallas and new orleans before 2 easy ones and then the lakers,boston,new orleans, golden state, phoenix in one go - we will see what their strength is then.

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2008, 11:10 AM
^^Umm.. ok?
I said they won't go undefeated the rest of the way. Is that too hard to understand or what?

endrity
02-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I think the Rox's problem is McGrady. Not in that he gets injured often, but in that he doesn't want to understand that this is Yao's team. Yao to me is really one of the top 10 players in the league, at least. I completely disagree that he is soft. But as soon as T-Mac came back he started taking more shots than Yao. That to me is a no no. I guess it hurts his pride to admit that some chinese dude is better than him at playing ball, but those are the facts. Yao has to touch the ball on every possession.

Ultimately I don't think their role players are good enough. They don't have many good shooter. Depending on Luther Head and Aaron Brooks every game is not a great idea. It seems to me that Battier has concentrated himself so much on D that he has forgotten what a jumper is. I like Scola a lot, but this to him is still a learning experience. I don't care that you are a 27 year old seasoned vet, it takes a year for everyone to figure out the NBA. I think the Rox make it to the first round, but that's it.

LonghornDub
02-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I think the Rox's problem is McGrady. Not in that he gets injured often, but in that he doesn't want to understand that this is Yao's team. Yao to me is really one of the top 10 players in the league, at least. I completely disagree that he is soft. But as soon as T-Mac came back he started taking more shots than Yao. That to me is a no no. I guess it hurts his pride to admit that some chinese dude is better than him at playing ball, but those are the facts. Yao has to touch the ball on every possession.

Ultimately I don't think their role players are good enough. They don't have many good shooter. Depending on Luther Head and Aaron Brooks every game is not a great idea. It seems to me that Battier has concentrated himself so much on D that he has forgotten what a jumper is. I like Scola a lot, but this to him is still a learning experience. I don't care that you are a 27 year old seasoned vet, it takes a year for everyone to figure out the NBA. I think the Rox make it to the first round, but that's it.

You're dead on here.

tmac1yao11
02-24-2008, 03:19 PM

I am a die hard Rockets fan and I can tell you that Yao is soft and really the time that he really excels is when he is guarded by one player. Teams that do that are just plain stupid but when he has two people on him its a different story. I cant tell you how many times we lost a game late because of the physical play from the other team which either causes him to walk at key moments in the game or he gets the ball easily slapped away. Go check his turnover stats. The other thing Yao may do too much in crunch time is shoot that stupid fadeaway. At 7'6" you need to be powering and taking others up to the rim with you.

Now dont get me wrong I wouldnt trade Yao for any other big in the league except maybe Howard, but this team goes as TMac goes. TMac can be very soft as well but for some reason when the playoffs come or when he is on national TV he takes his game to another level. The thing about Tmac is that he finally understanding that he doesnt have to take over the game scoring anymore. He has other options in Brooks, Landry, Battier and Scola who can hit the wide open shot and can score when called upon. I believe Tmac realized that when he was out hurt. The rox were actually able to win some games without him this year when historically they havent been able which too me was a testament to how soft Yao can be.

Only time will tell about the role players and it will be interesting to see how Bobby Jackson will fit it in. I like him because he plays with an edge and that is the type of player the Rox need now. Since the Rox inserted Scola into the starting lineup they have really taken off. This is something they should have done along time ago. And although Carl Landry is a rookie, he is a monster on the board. You guys havent seen him since he is just now getting alot more playing time but you will hear from him in the very near future. He has moved Chuck Hayes to 3rd for playing time at PF.

Also now that Bonzi is gone it will probably free up some playing time for probably many consider our best shooter in Steve Novak.

With all this talk about if the Rockets are for real and they havent played anyone in this winning streak, they are right there in the thick of things and only 1 game behind the Mavs. If anyone wants to talk about schedule, I believe the Rockets have had the toughest schedule of anyone early on and now that it is balancing out.......

horse900703
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I am a die hard Rockets fan and I can tell you that Yao is soft and really the time that he really excels is when he is guarded by one player. Teams that do that are just plain stupid but when he has two people on him its a different story. I cant tell you how many times we lost a game late because of the physical play from the other team which either causes him to walk at key moments in the game or he gets the ball easily slapped away. Go check his turnover stats. The other thing Yao may do too much in crunch time is shoot that stupid fadeaway. At 7'6" you need to be powering and taking others up to the rim with you.

Now dont get me wrong I wouldnt trade Yao for any other big in the league except maybe Howard, but this team goes as TMac goes. TMac can be very soft as well but for some reason when the playoffs come or when he is on national TV he takes his game to another level. The thing about Tmac is that he finally understanding that he doesnt have to take over the game scoring anymore. He has other options in Brooks, Landry, Battier and Scola who can hit the wide open shot and can score when called upon. I believe Tmac realized that when he was out hurt. The rox were actually able to win some games without him this year when historically they havent been able which too me was a testament to how soft Yao can be.

Only time will tell about the role players and it will be interesting to see how Bobby Jackson will fit it in. I like him because he plays with an edge and that is the type of player the Rox need now. Since the Rox inserted Scola into the starting lineup they have really taken off. This is something they should have done along time ago. And although Carl Landry is a rookie, he is a monster on the board. You guys havent seen him since he is just now getting alot more playing time but you will hear from him in the very near future. He has moved Chuck Hayes to 3rd for playing time at PF.

Also now that Bonzi is gone it will probably free up some playing time for probably many consider our best shooter in Steve Novak.

With all this talk about if the Rockets are for real and they havent played anyone in this winning streak, they are right there in the thick of things and only 1 game behind the Mavs. If anyone wants to talk about schedule, I believe the Rockets have had the toughest schedule of anyone early on and now that it is balancing out.......
here comes a real Rockets fan~~~

antoinewalker
02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
you guys do realize that the rockets have not lost since tmac returned from his knee injury right? actually, they did lose one game against the jazz but tmac sat that game out with the flu.

kingmalaki
02-24-2008, 05:12 PM

Are you sure you watched the game, and if you did had you watched games from last year or earlier on this season? The differece between then and now is that the team is getting production from the PG and PF spots. Prior to the streak our PG couldn't buy a bucket (career 40% shooter). He has been making shots during this run. Do I expect it to last....hell no, and I don't think the coaches do either...hence them bringing another PG in (B.Jackson).

The other difference is that the PF getting minutes is no longer a black hole that struggles to make wide open layups (Chuck Hayes). Scola and Landry are not studs, but if you leave them open they can score. Both can hit the midrange jumper and Landry is a great finisher. We don't need our PF to be a stud...just be able to convert enough to keep teams from zoning Yao all game long.

Everything else is mainly the same. The two big stars do what they usually do, and we still play very solid defense. Again, I expect the PF's to keep making their shots....but I don't expect Alston to keep playing well. But I will say we match up better against y'all with Kidd than Harris.....

Flacolaco
02-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Where were you posters in january? It's pretty convenient to come around now.

Is your home board broken?

antoinewalker
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM

hasn't horse900733 been around for a while now?

kingmalaki
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Home board works just fine. I have been here all season in various threads. If a Rockets thread happened to be open (i.e. in the AROUND THE NBA forum), then I am pretty sure that I posted in it. Folsk don't come here to "talk about the Rockets". They come here to talk basketball in general. If a Rockets thread comes up do you expect them not to post in it?

As I have told you on numerous other occassions, if you have a problem reading about other teams or folks takes on their teams in the AROUND THE NBA forum, then just stop visiting this forum....or stop going into a thread about the Rockets. How silly is that? That's like a kid going to Disneyland and complaining that there are too many animated characters.........

MavsX
02-24-2008, 06:25 PM
i hate horse

MavsX
02-24-2008, 06:25 PM
i love lamp...i love lamp

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Home board works just fine. I have been here all season in various threads. If a Rockets thread happened to be open (i.e. in the AROUND THE NBA forum), then I am pretty sure that I posted in it. Folsk don't come here to "talk about the Rockets". They come here to talk basketball in general. If a Rockets thread comes up do you expect them not to post in it?

As I have told you on numerous other occassions, if you have a problem reading about other teams or folks takes on their teams in the AROUND THE NBA forum, then just stop visiting this forum....or stop going into a thread about the Rockets. How silly is that? That's like a kid going to Disneyland and complaining that there are too many animated characters.........
This is what I was thinking. This is the Around the NBA section. Fans of other teams are allowed to post here (and anywhere on this site).

Here is Rick Adelman:

Feb. 23, 2008, 11:45PM
COMMENTARY
Adelman stays true to self

By STEVE CAMPBELL
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Rick Adelman had his doubts. Serious-as-a-divorce-proceeding doubts.

As the Rockets trudged through November and sludged through December, Adelman kept looking for signs he was getting through to his team. The Rockets kept responding with signs of apocalypse.

Yao Ming derided the team as "soft." Tracy McGrady's health was a daily drama aching elbow, wounded knee, heaving stomach. The offense was so stagnant, fans waxed nostalgic over the free-wheeling days of Jeff Van Gundy.

"I was wondering," Adelman said. "I was wondering if we really could do this."

Adelman has won enough to know his coaching style and philosophy work. He got to the NBA Finals twice and came within an eyelash another time by showcasing his players' talents, not shackling them. He has also been around long enough to know that some of the best coaches aren't necessarily the best fits for every situation.

Don Nelson and Larry Brown crashed and burned in New York. Rudy Tomjanovich took to Los Angeles like Allen Iverson does to practice. Two seasons after an NBA title, Pat Riley is getting a daily dose of humility we'll see if it takes in Miami.

'The paranoid survive'
"I think part of what makes people succeed is, the paranoid survive," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Often, some of those worries keep you motivated to get things better."

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the people who are out to get you will have their way. Adelman stayed true to his steadfast self during the Rockets' 15-17 start. No ranting. No raving. No uttering words he'd like to take back but couldn't.

Look at the Rockets now. A franchise that hasn't won a playoff series since 1997 is a stealth contender in the Western Conference.

"It's all about resiliency and trying to get the guys on the team to maintain a consistent attitude game in and game out," Adelman said. "Accept what you're not doing well, but don't overreact to it. It's not always as bad as it seems.

"That's the key: You can't panic. You always tell players to trust each other. I have to trust them, and they have to trust the coaching staff."

His first coaching job in the NBA was as an assistant to Jack Ramsay, architect of a masterpiece 1977 Portland championship team. If Bill Walton's body hadn't turned out to be so brittle, Ramsay could have built one of the mightiest NBA empires of all.

"He was the most resilient person I ever saw," Adelman said. "I listened to him at night after a loss, and it looked like he wasn't going to make it until the next morning. The next morning, he was right back at it. I think if you're consistent with the players, they're going to maintain a consistent approach to what they do every day."

Adelman keeps at his players with trite-and-true messages that subliminally become a way of life. Be prepared. Be consistent. Be ever-ready to take advantages of opportunities as they arise. Take nothing no team, no game for granted.

With a core of veterans in place, Adelman had hoped to install a flowing motion offense and let his players react on the fly to opposing defenses. The Rockets kept doing the same thing regardless of the defense, so Adelman changed his tack. He began calling set plays to counteract what he expected the defense to do.

The Rockets are growing on offense game by game. They're figuring out what to do, how to play off of each other. Maybe next year Adelman can even get Yao comfortable with floating away from the low-post area, with running pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop plays.

"You assume you know about players," Adelman said. "Until you coach them, until you get them on the floor and see what they can do. We're not even running close to what we had hoped we were going to run, just because we feel they're not ready. I think it just takes some time."

No T-Mac, no problem
The Rockets began to establish a sense of themselves while McGrady nursed a strained tendon in his left knee that sidelined him for 11 games. Previous Rockets teams turned into damsels in distress without T-Mac on the court. Adelman guided the Rockets to a 7-4 record in McGrady's absence.

One rookie, forward Luis Scola, has emerged as a starter. Another rookie, forward Carl Landry, has become such an energizer off the bench that the Rockets felt empowered to trade Bonzi Wells. Adelman makes no pretenses about being a visionary, that he had to change his rotation "out of necessity." He dealt with the reality in front of him.

In a sense, all this brings Adelman back to his early days of coaching Portland. Cliff Robinson, Terry Porter, Jerome Kersey and Kevin Duckworth blossomed around established star Clyde Drexler, turning the team into a force in the West. The Rockets have two established stars, a flourishing supporting cast and an 11-game winning streak. They have a coach who doesn't have to wonder anymore if he's getting through to his team.

"I have no doubt that if we got to the playoffs, we're going to be a tough matchup," Adelman said. "There's nobody we can't beat."

steve.campbell@chron.com

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/campbell/5565257.html

endrity
02-24-2008, 07:04 PM

Now dont get me wrong I wouldnt trade Yao for any other big in the league except maybe Howard, but this team goes as TMac goes. TMac can be very soft as well but for some reason when the playoffs come or when he is on national TV he takes his game to another level. .......

That's plain American stereotypical talk. How many 7-6 dudes do you know that physically dominated the league? I will tell you. NO ONE. At that size it's almost impossible to move, let alone play basketball fluidly. It's amazing that Yao does what he does. And anytime I have seen him play Dwight, Yao dominates him so there you go.

The Rox were playing well before T-Mac came back, and that should serve as an eye opener. It has to a certain level. But it should more, I think.

You say T-Mac raises his level in key games, yet he always comes up short because he puts too much pressure on himself I think. It was stupid that last year he said, "this is my team". It was's Yao's team, and if they fed him more I thought they were going to beat Utah.

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
The Rockets played well before T-Mac came back, but they are playing even better since he has came back. They are closing out games better, and getting better matchups as teams double team him.

The Rockets also got a steal in the second round that is playing great right now. Carl Landry. Landry has a lot of potential and its hard to believe he lasted until the second round, I consider him a steal there.

His offensive game is pretty good , rebounding is great and he has the tenacity that this team has lacked in recent years, diving on the floor for loose balls and the like. His defense is what has to improve imo, and that will just take time . As long as he continues to contribute he'll see considerable PT. I'd really like to se him at the SF rather than the PF. I think he would be an absolute match-up nightmare and has the shooting range to be productive there.

DOMINATOR
02-24-2008, 09:12 PM
you guys do realize that the rockets have not lost since tmac returned from his knee injury right? actually, they did lose one game against the jazz but tmac sat that game out with the flu.
Yao sat out the Utah game.

antoinewalker
02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Yao sat out the Utah game.
i stand corrected. regardless, the rockets are much better with tmac. this is his team, not yao's.

haywoodjay
02-24-2008, 10:40 PM
yao almost non-existent, rockets struggle defensively, bobby jackson's 1st game... rockets still win by 13.

i was actually impressed with the bulls... they got better with this trade, imo.

MavsX
02-24-2008, 10:46 PM
yao almost non-existent, rockets struggle defensively, bobby jackson's 1st game... rockets still win by 13.

i was actually impressed with the bulls... they got better with this trade, imo.

"get back to me when you graduate high school" --Thanks for the negative rep, you d*ck.

Thats all you got? Thats all you could think of?

antoinewalker
02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
horse900703, are you going to make a new thread about the rockets 12 game winning streak now?

And1
02-24-2008, 11:19 PM
rockets haven't done anything yet........

good night.

mqywaaah
02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
here comes a real Rockets fan~~~

Here comes Horse again, with another new thread to open~~~

Flacolaco
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
rockets haven't done anything yet........

good night.

Now that's the kind of thing a person who has seen too many first round losses should be saying.

Dallas Stars fans feel the same way.

birdsanctuary
02-24-2008, 11:40 PM

Rick Adelman has won.... er' nothing. Choke coach for a playoff choking team... Go Troll your own boards A-Hole!:mad:

tmac1yao11
02-24-2008, 11:40 PM
That's plain American stereotypical talk. How many 7-6 dudes do you know that physically dominated the league? I will tell you. NO ONE. At that size it's almost impossible to move, let alone play basketball fluidly. It's amazing that Yao does what he does. And anytime I have seen him play Dwight, Yao dominates him so there you go.

The Rox were playing well before T-Mac came back, and that should serve as an eye opener. It has to a certain level. But it should more, I think.

You say T-Mac raises his level in key games, yet he always comes up short because he puts too much pressure on himself I think. It was stupid that last year he said, "this is my team". It was's Yao's team, and if they fed him more I thought they were going to beat Utah.

Tonight was a perfect game of which Yao shows his softness. He had only 12 points and 6 rebounds with 4 TOs. They tried going to him early and he kept turning the ball over. He always has trouble with long athletic defenders especially those play in front and back of him. He is not able to impose his will on them for some reason.

And as far as putting pressure on himself that is what he is supposed to do, especially since it was his team. The problem still was that no one else stepped up besides TMac and Yao. And when I go back to check Yao's turnover rate in the playoffs last year, he didnt have one game with less than 4 TOs in the 7 game series. He had two 8 TO games and a 5 TO game. When you try to get it to Yao he is turnover waiting to happen. If they would have kept going to him he would have only lost the ball.

And as someone else stated yes the team played better without TMac but when he came back they have now taken it to another level. Take for instance tonight, TMac didnt score a lot early and was just getting his teammates involved but in the 2nd half he took over in the scoring depart while still finding the open man. 24, 8 and 4 with 2 steals is a very nice line.

Until Yao can impact the game on both ends and can do it against any kind of defense this will still be Tmac's team.

Tokey41
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Theres like 4 different Rockets fans I havent seen post since the start of the season jumping into this thread. I guess they were waiting until someone mentioned their team? Weird.

P.S It should be Yao's team

haywoodjay
02-25-2008, 12:00 AM
"get back to me when you graduate high school" --Thanks for the negative rep, you d*ck.

Thats all you got? Thats all you could think of?

yeah, "idiot" just screams creativeness.

isn't it past your bedtime?

LonghornDub
02-25-2008, 12:34 AM

..."creativity"?

Flacolaco
02-25-2008, 12:37 AM
creativityness

chumdawg
02-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Nothing wrong with "creativeness."

EricaLubarsky
02-25-2008, 01:18 AM
i stand corrected. regardless, the rockets are much better with tmac. this is his team, not yao's.
which is why they will fail. T-mac gets hot and wins a few games and then when the money is on the line he trips over his own shoelaces.

Dirkadirkastan
02-25-2008, 01:31 AM
haywoodjay has gone from two red boxes to one red box to two red boxes again tonight.

chumdawg
02-25-2008, 01:48 AM
haywoodjay has gone from two red boxes to one red box to two red boxes again tonight.I nominate you for hall monitor.

LonghornDub
02-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Nothing wrong with "creativeness."

Strategery.

bernardos70
02-25-2008, 02:29 AM
Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Remove user from ignore list
DOMINATOR
This message is hidden because DOMINATOR is on your ignore list.
View Post
Yesterday, 10:39 PM
antoinewalker
This message is hidden because antoinewalker is on your ignore list.
View Post
Yesterday, 10:40 PM
haywoodjay
This message is hidden because haywoodjay is on your ignore list.

----------------------

Jebus, stop copying each other!

ty
02-25-2008, 02:57 AM

Creativenessitegery?

antoinewalker
02-25-2008, 04:50 AM
which is why they will fail. T-mac gets hot and wins a few games and then when the money is on the line he trips over his own shoelaces.
12 games is more than a few.

jianhui
02-25-2008, 04:52 AM
---------------
wrong
Rockets lost to Jazz without yao in the game, and yao won the next game against warroirs without Tmac.

jianhui
02-25-2008, 05:10 AM
most likely ,it will be lakers who have a chance to stop rockets.

dude1394
02-25-2008, 07:58 AM
12 games is more than a few.

Hey AWalker....what in the world is up with your boy being inactive?? He disrupts stuff so much that they wont' even play the dude anymore?

Are they playing ultra hardball to get him to agree to a buyout?

MavsX
02-25-2008, 08:17 AM

ha, can someone post the pic. of t-macs eyes....

LonghornDub
02-25-2008, 08:56 AM
most likely ,it will be lakers who have a chance to stop rockets.

Most likely, it will be T-Mac's phobia of the second round that will stop the rockets.

tmac1yao11
02-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Most likely, it will be T-Mac's phobia of the second round that will stop the rockets.

I would be willing to bet anyone that Tmac and the Rockets will get a championship before the Mavs will. :)

MavsX
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
I would be willing to bet anyone that Tmac and the Rockets will get a championship before the Mavs will. :)

well that is because you're an idiot.

horse900703
02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
well that is because you're an idiot.
u r really mean man!!!

EricaLubarsky
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
he hate U long time!!!FU~~

horse900703
02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
he hate U long time!!!FU~~
shut ur damn mouth~~

fluid.forty.one
02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
guys leve alone horse~~~~

Underdog
02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I pity tha FU!!!~~~

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/acidkidd/LT-922060.jpg

fluid.forty.one
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Every year we talk about how the Rockets should make a run for the finals. And every year they bounce out of the first round. I don't expect anything different to happen this season.

MavsX
02-25-2008, 03:14 PM
u r really mean man!!!

don't worry horse, i won't forget about you.

horse....you're an even bigger idiot than that other guy.

haywoodjay
02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
..."creativity"?

creativityness

pick up a dictionary.

who knew there were so many ESL folks on a mavs board?

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Every year we talk about how the Rockets should make a run for the finals. And every year they bounce out of the first round. I don't expect anything different to happen this season.
I do. This is is a lot different. This team hasn't been on this type of winning streak since 1994...the last time they won a championship.

And this (from Clutchfans):

Rafer = Kenny Smith [runs the offense smoothly and hits the 3]
Battier >= Mario Elie [toughness, hits 3's, glues it together]
Scola + Landry = Horry - 'the three' (unproven clutchness by the rookies but better post play)
TMac = Clyde (but better I would say)
Yao = Dream - 'a LEVEL' (Yao isn't close to the Dream though)
BJax = Sam Cassell [solid energy bench point guard, keeps offense flowing]

Championship recipe:

Championship caliber roster: Check
Long Win streak: Check
Solid Defense: Check
Superstar who can take over the game when needed: Check
Experienced Coaching staff: Check
Energetic and athletic bench: Check
Playoff experience: Pick up 16 ounces at playoff-mart this spring.

This recipe always turns out delicious...

MavsX
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
I do. This is is a lot different. This team hasn't been on this type of winning streak since 1994...the last time they won a championship.

Scola + Landry = Horry - 'the three' (unproven clutchness by the rookies but better post play)

Championship recipe:

Playoff experience: Pick up 16 ounces at playoff-mart this spring. [substitute wins for ounces where they don't have standard measurement system]

dude...no one cares. go back to your gay ass rockets board. I don't give two sh*ts whether the rockets win or lose. Go back to your board. You don't see a member named MavsX on your board.

endrity
02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
dude...no one cares. go back to your gay ass rockets board. I don't give two sh*ts whether the rockets win or lose. Go back to your board. You don't see a member named MavsX on your board.

Come on dude, this is the NBA section of the forum. This is what it's for. Spurstalk has become famous exactly because it probably has the best NBA section in net.

MavsX
02-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Come on dude, this is the NBA section of the forum. This is what it's for. Spurstalk has become famous exactly because it probably has the best NBA section in net.

Listen, this guy never posts here. Except when the rockets are on a 12 game winning streak. And he sends people negative rep. and gets into arguments with the regulars.

You (endrity), may not be a mavs fan, but at least i have seen you post more than just when the rockets are winning. Which is why i am not giving you a hard time. This is also why i respect Big Shot Rob.

I understand you want to kinda stand up for this dude, but still..this is still a mavs board.

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Listen, this guy never posts here. Except when the rockets are on a 12 game winning streak. And he sends people negative rep. and gets into arguments with the regulars.

A bunch of crap. I started posting the day I joined and look when that was.

And the negative rep one is funny. You gave me negative rep for this post (and your comment was "suck it trebek"):

Then I got one for this:

The Rockets played well before T-Mac came back, but they are playing even better since he has came back. They are closing out games better, and getting better matchups as teams double team him.

The Rockets also got a steal in the second round that is playing great right now. Carl Landry. Landry has a lot of potential and its hard to believe he lasted until the second round, I consider him a steal there.

His offensive game is pretty good , rebounding is great and he has the tenacity that this team has lacked in recent years, diving on the floor for loose balls and the like. His defense is what has to improve imo, and that will just take time . As long as he continues to contribute he'll see considerable PT. I'd really like to se him at the SF rather than the PF. I think he would be an absolute match-up nightmare and has the shooting range to be productive there.

How do you expect to get respect if you give negative rep points to the posts like I made above? I gave you one back because of it. So, don't act like I just give negative rep at free will. I hate the negative rep system actually and don't feel the need to give it to people. You go around and make fun of horse, but give out negative reps, for what I think are even posts. In fact, I gave ProdigyDub a positive rep for having a respectful conversation.

And what regulars do I get into arguments with?

You (endrity), may not be a mavs fan, but at least i have seen you post more than just when the rockets are winning. Which is why i am not giving you a hard time. This is also why i respect Big Shot Rob.

You just weren't around. Check my post history.

I understand you want to kinda stand up for this dude, but still..this is still a mavs board.

Yes, a Mavs forum with a "Around the NBA" section.

LonghornDub
02-25-2008, 06:21 PM

Not sure what evidence lends credence to that theory, but ok.

LonghornDub
02-25-2008, 06:24 PM

Championship recipe:

Playoff experience: Pick up 16 ounces at playoff-mart this spring. [substitute wins for ounces where they don't have standard measurement system]

This is a pretty awful post dude, I have to say. You come off as an intelligent guy but this is just "tuhr-ble" as Barkley would say.

ty
02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Shame on you Mavs fans.

Don't you know that Gerald Green and Bobby Jackson (who is actually 2 months older than Jason Kidd...) are the final pieces to the Rockets' Championship puzzle?

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Shame on you Mavs fans.

Don't you know that Gerald Green and Bobby Jackson (who is actually 2 months older than Jason Kidd...) are the final pieces to the Rockets' Championship puzzle?

;)

They very well may be! :D

Gerald Green is a young 22, but Bobby Jackson is 34 years old. B-Jax is actually only two weeks older than Kidd, which I think is what you mean.

They are not the puzzle pieces that are putting the Rockets together. Green hasn't played, buy Bobby has (last night). He knows Adelman's system because of his years in Sacramento. Jackson had a cool 14 points and did what he usually does,..brings energy and a spark and hustle. The guy has a motor. He also plays D.

Plus, a backcourt that consists of Head and B.J. is just so much more comical.

tmac1yao11
02-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Not sure what evidence lends credence to that theory, but ok.

Homerism, that is why I have the smiley

Tokey41
02-25-2008, 07:17 PM
I hope Green is a fast learner... Mcgrady needs to teach him everything he knows... minus the slacking when his team is struggling, chronic "injury" problems, and constant failure in every single playoff series he's ever been in... then the Rockets would basically have a 22 year old Mcgrady without any of his shortcomings! I think that team might be championship caliber... with the addition of a decent point guard (don't expect them to keep this up).

The only elite west teams I can see you beating are the Suns, and all the other lower bracketed teams.

endrity
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM

You should do you research well before you say anything like that for me. I think I have contributed a lot to the board, starting with the mms links which I was the first to start posting around here and with the countless argumentative posts about the mavs.

This is a mavs board, but this is the NBA section and I wanna hear what other fans are saying because I love talking basketball. Too bad dallas-mavs is below par in this regard, which forces me to go to Spurstalk a lot.

DOMINATOR
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
This is a mavs board, but this is the NBA section and I wanna hear what other fans are saying because I love talking basketball. Too bad dallas-mavs is below par in this regard, which forces me to go to Spurstalk a lot.
are you endrity on ST? (i have the same name)

The only elite west teams I can see you beating are the Suns, and all the other lower bracketed teams.
actually i dont think the rockets could beat the suns or lakers. i think rockets have good shot against everyone else except maybe mavs cuz they own the current rox.

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 08:25 PM
I just joined SpursTalk :). Looks like another good sports site.

endrity
02-25-2008, 08:30 PM
are you endrity on ST? (i have the same name)

Yes, yes I am, and I have seen you there as well. There are some other fans that you can see on both boards with the same name. I would kinda like to see Mono, Stretch, and Findog here as well but I think those guys don't want to post on Mavs forums. Or they do, with completely different names and personalities (there is no Mono here).

endrity
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I just joined SpursTalk :). Looks like another good sports site.

It's become impossible to post with the new Lakers fans. They have become so fucking dumb and arrogat, they ruin every discussion with trash talk that you either have to respond or just leave the conversation for good.

horse900703
02-25-2008, 08:37 PM
NOW U KNOW MAVSX IS A DAMN ASS~~~

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
It's become impossible to post with the new Lakers fans. They have become so fucking dumb and arrogant, they ruin every discussion with trash talk that you either have to respond or just leave the conversation for good.
Why do they have a Pistons and Kings section though?

endrity
02-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Why do they have a Pistons and Kings section though?

A lot of Pistons fans came over to talk during the 05 Finals and for some reason they developed a great respect between them and the Spurs fans. Since they liked the fact that the board was really visited by various NBA fans they decided to stick around and the admin (Kori) opened a new section for them. There are some really good Pistons posters, JamStone comes to mind.

I don't know why the Kings have their own section. Maybe they share the hate for the Lakers.

MavsX
02-25-2008, 11:12 PM
i'm sorry for being an ass.

Tokey41
02-26-2008, 12:57 AM
actually i dont think the rockets could beat the suns or lakers. i think rockets have good shot against everyone else except maybe mavs cuz they own the current rox.

I only say that because now Yao isn't useless against them and i'm sure he could impose his will on post-dominance Shaq (hell if he can dominate Dwight Howard the Suns just threw their only shot at guarding him away by trading for a real center). Phoenix with Shaq hasn't impressed me much at all yet either, but I suppose it's too early to tell (ugly loss to the Pistons recently though).

Why the Lakers? I don't think anyone can confidently claim that their team has a good shot at beating L.A. Personally if we run into them in the playoffs im just going to hope they are having an off night, or Kobe getting injured.

The Rockets might be able to handle NO in a seven game series, i'd still put my money on the Hornets despite their recent win though.

Of course all of this is irrelevant, I don't know what it is... it's not like Tmac 'chokes' per se in the playoffs because he's had big outings before, but it's just never quite enough. We hear about the Mavs mental weaknesses but that has to damage his psyche a little.

TripleDipping
02-26-2008, 10:15 AM
i'm sorry for being an ass.

You're sorry for being a DAMN ass.

MavsX
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
You're sorry for being a DAMN ass.

thanks for clarifying.

antoinewalker
02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
yao ming will not be playing in tonight's game against the wizards.

TripleDipping
02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
It was just announced that Yao will miss the rest of regular season plus the playoffs with fractured foot.

Kiss your season goodbye, Rockets.

MavsX
02-26-2008, 01:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3265631

Yao Ming's season reportedly is over.

KRIV-TV in Houston and The Houston Chronicle are reporting that Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot and the Rockets are expected to announce he will have season-ending surgery later Tuesday.

Houston, currently on a 12-game winning streak, is in fourth place in the Southwest Division. The streak followed a loss in the one game that Yao has missed all season.

Yao is averaging 22.0 points and 10.8 rebounds in 55 games this season.

TripleDipping
02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
So the answer to the question of the thread is Yao Ming.

ty
02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
On that note...this thread is dead.

endrity
02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
^yes!

EricaLubarsky
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
On that note...this thread is dead.
epic threads never die, they just get buried alive for a year

TripleDipping
02-26-2008, 01:44 PM
epic threads never die, they just get buried alive for a year

So true.

You know this thread will be bumped next year when some Rockets trolls come over.

u2sarajevo
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't think we should dance on their proverbial grave.....

The last thing us fans need is bad karma. I feel bad for Houston. They had been putting it together finally. Maybe they can still push for a playoff spot.... they still have Tmac.

dude1394
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Karma is a bi-yatch rockettes fans.

Windmill360
02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Yao will stop them! There goes the Dream.

You'll never win when you put all your eggs in one basket with two injry prone players. Not to mention Yao has hispriorities with the Chinese team before Houston.

nowhereman
02-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Horse stopped the rockets with the sheer power of his mind.

Caseman
02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Yao's injury is the one who will stop them. The irony :p

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
This thread is the reason for Yao's injury. Rockets fans, you can thank our very own horse.

MavsX
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
This thread is the reason for Yao's injury. Rockets fans, you can thank our very own horse.

i second that one. oh i almost forgot...~~~~~

Dirkadirkastan
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Yao will stop them! There goes the Dream.

You'll never win when you put all your eggs in one basket with two injry prone players. Not to mention Yao has hispriorities with the Chinese team before Houston.

Playing for the Rockets is just his day job.

DOMINATOR
02-26-2008, 09:31 PM
rockets leading 51 - 23 at halftime.

horse900703
02-26-2008, 09:31 PM
I think the rockets will win tonight and friday night (Grizzlies)~~
Nuggets might stop them!!

antoinewalker
02-26-2008, 10:35 PM
wow, the rockets are whipping the wizards. i guess their winning streak will end later than we thought.

Underdog
02-26-2008, 10:40 PM
wow, the rockets are whipping the wizards. i guess their winning streak will end later than we thought.

You mean the Wizards who were 3-7 in their last 10 coming into tonight's game?

antoinewalker
02-26-2008, 10:42 PM
You mean the Wizards who were 3-7 in their last 10 coming into tonight's game?
did you really think the rockets would beat the wizards by 25 without yao?

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Lol @ Houston fans getting their hopes up cause they whipped the Arenas-less, Butler-less Wizards at home in their first game since Yao's injury.

Just a thought Rockets fans--I doubt the team can maintain that level of intensity. They were playing for Yao tonight, but they're not gonna be able to ride that emotional wave for months.

pdiddy30
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
You are a joke. I am never seen anyone have so much glee in someone else's misfortunes. Tracy had an off game and we still won by 25. Let me see your team go down one star and see the results.

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 11:05 PM
You are a joke. I am never seen anyone have so much glee in someone else's misfortunes. Tracy had an off game and we still won by 25. Let me see your team go down one star and see the results.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Want a tissue?

pdiddy30
02-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Want a tissue?

Actually you didn't, but you look stupid. Congrats.

GuerillaBlack
02-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Lol @ Houston fans getting their hopes up cause they whipped the Arenas-less, Butler-less Wizards at home in their first game since Yao's injury.

Just a thought Rockets fans--I doubt the team can maintain that level of intensity. They were playing for Yao tonight, but they're not gonna be able to ride that emotional wave for months.
Didn't the Wizards just beat the Hornets?

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 11:12 PM

What a burn. Boy, is my face red.

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Didn't the Wizards just beat the Hornets?

Sure, and they're 3-7 in their last 10. They had a good game last night and a bad game tonight. I never said they were the worst team ever.

To be frank, I expected Houston to crush them tonight. Maybe not to the tune of a 23 point Wizard first half, but I certainly expected the Rockets to really band together and stick it to em. Like I said, the emotions were running high today. Plus, Washington was on the second night of a B2B.

I hear all this talk of the Rockets "not wanting to concede" anything, but it's not a matter of conceding. The team simply doesn't have the talent to hang with the top 10 teams in the NBA.

MavsX
02-26-2008, 11:20 PM

actually, you look stupid because you have 2 red boxes. Sucker.

DOMINATOR
02-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I hear all this talk of the Rockets "not wanting to concede" anything, but it's not a matter of conceding. The team simply doesn't have the talent to hang with the top 10 teams in the NBA.
umm duh... its past the trade deadline you want them to just roll over and call it quits? mail it in? let em show the league what they can do. im just looking forward to seeing young guys play hard and with a lot of heart. not placing any expectations on them.

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
umm duh... its past the trade deadline you want them to just roll over and call it quits? mail it in? let em show the league what they can do. im just looking forward to seeing young guys play hard and with a lot of heart. not placing any expectations on them.

Nothing wrong with that.

RonMexico
02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Rockets went 20-10 after Yao went down last year, no?

GuerillaBlack
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
^^Yes they did and Dikembe Mutombo played well in that stretch.

Sure, and they're 3-7 in their last 10. They had a good game last night and a bad game tonight. I never said they were the worst team ever.

To be frank, I expected Houston to crush them tonight. Maybe not to the tune of a 23 point Wizard first half, but I certainly expected the Rockets to really band together and stick it to em. Like I said, the emotions were running high today. Plus, Washington was on the second night of a B2B.

:rolleyes:

Wizards second night on a B2B means nothing. The Rockets can still hang with the to 10 teams in the NBA no doubt. Those include the Top 8 in the west (including the Rockets), and Detroit and Boston.

Granted it's the Wizards and not the Spurs or Lakers, but that's how we're going to win without Yao. Rotating defense as Bullard like to talk about, and getting Mutombo the start to set a tone in the paint. I really like how Adelman manages a roster compared to JVG. Adelman will play 10-12 players per night depending on matchups, who's hot, and instinct as opposed to having a fixed 8 players no matter what.

I'm worried about our offense when we match up against the top western teams without Yao and Bonzi to post up, but with our weak schedule I hope we can go into the playoffs with a ton of confidence and carry momentum like Golden State did last year.

LonghornDub
02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
^^Yes they did and Dikembe Mutombo played well in that stretch.

:rolleyes:

Wizards second night on a B2B means nothing. The Rockets can still hang with the to 10 teams in the NBA no doubt. Those include the Top 8 in the west (including the Rockets), and Detroit and Boston.

Granted it's the Wizards and not the Spurs or Lakers, but that's how we're going to win without Yao. Rotating defense as Bullard like to talk about, and getting Mutombo the start to set a tone in the paint. I really like how Adelman manages a roster compared to JVG. Adelman will play 10-12 players per night depending on matchups, who's hot, and instinct as opposed to having a fixed 8 players no matter what.

I'm worried about our offense when we match up against the top western teams without Yao and Bonzi to post up, but with our weak schedule I hope we can go into the playoffs with a ton of confidence and carry momentum like Golden State did last year.

Uh, why does Wizards on the second night of a B2B mean nothing? I'm pretty sure that means something. They're gassed from last night.

No, dude, I'm sorry, but the Rockets can't hang with the top teams anymore. You don't have anywhere near the talent to do so without Yao.

bernardos70
02-26-2008, 11:54 PM
So the answer to the question of the thread is Yao Ming.

Damn it, you beat me by 11 hours!

antoinewalker
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
you do realize the rockets have the 8th best record in the league right now, right?

GuerillaBlack
02-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Uh, why does Wizards on the second night of a B2B mean nothing? I'm pretty sure that means something. They're gassed from last night.

No, dude, I'm sorry, but the Rockets can't hang with the top teams anymore. You don't have anywhere near the talent to do so without Yao.
Every team in the NBA has B2B many times during the season. The Rockets had B2B last week and won both.

bernardos70
02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
With Yao down, Rockets need T-Mac to rise up
By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports
3 hours, 43 minutes ago
Yao Ming is done for the season. That's left the Rockets leaning on Tracy McGrady for help, never a promising proposition

Give Daryl Morey credit. He tried to stay positive. Or at least as positive as one can stay when you’re riding the winning streak of your life and then wake up to discover the bottom has dropped out of your season.

The Houston Rockets GM announced Tuesday that Yao Ming is shelved for the remaining 26 games, as well as the postseason, because of a stress fracture in his left foot. And while that’s certainly bad news for the Rockets, Morey also said “we feel very confident about our playoff push.”

That might read well in print. But as Morey uttered those words he looked like someone had just dunked his face in a barrel of spoiled milk.

“Our coaching staff and players feel really confident we’re going to continue to play well and make the playoffs,” Morey added, failing to disclose whether he also handed out party hats and kazoos at the team’s morning shootaround.ADVERTISEMENT

The Rockets should feel fairly confident about making the playoffs. They’ve got a seven-game lead over the 10th-place Portland Trail Blazers, leaving them to battle the Golden State Warriors and Denver Nuggets for the Western Conference’s final two seeds. Their schedule also isn’t as daunting as that of some of their opponents.

The problem, of course, is that this season was supposed to be about more than simply reaching the playoffs. After reeling off a dozen consecutive wins – 16 in a row when Yao was in the lineup – the Rockets had begun to feel they had a legitimate chance to contend for the championship. If nothing else, they at least hoped to put an end to their recent one-and-done postseason ventures.

Now?

Everything’s on T-Mac.

The message Yao delivered to Tracy McGrady Tuesday said as much.

“I told him, ‘Now is your time. You need to turn it up,’” Yao told reporters in Houston.

Rival league executives would laugh at that. By Tuesday afternoon they were already jokingly counting down the minutes between the end of Morey’s news conference and the start of his next one when he has to announce McGrady’s bad back has sidelined him for the rest of the season. When the going gets tough, T-Mac usually gets a massage.

Houston officials will eventually have to decide whether they can continue to rely on their two talented, yet brittle cornerstones. Earlier this season McGrady bristled at the suggestion the Rockets might be better off without him. Now they have to lean on him. And that’s what he should see Yao’s injury as: an opportunity.

There’s little chance Houston advances past the first round without Yao, so McGrady already has his excuse. The Rockets’ expectations were severely downsized the minute Yao emerged from his MRI tube.

Morey had assembled a productive supporting cast around Yao, and the Rockets were built to also play small when needed. But last week’s trade that sent Bonzi Wells to New Orleans won’t help in that area. Morey also will have a tough time digging up much free-agent help; Houston never seemed as likely a landing spot for Brent Barry as San Antonio or Phoenix.

For now, though, McGrady can at least try to put a dent in the loser’s label that’s clung so tightly to him the last five years. He can’t lead the Rockets to a championship without Yao at his side, but he can keep pushing them in that direction.

Prior to Tuesday, Houston hadn’t lost since Jan. 27. Yao didn’t play that night against Utah, the only game he had missed this season. He returned two days later to score 36 points and beat Golden State, starting the Rockets’ win streak.

Shane Battier didn’t need long to explain the reason for the victory. “Well,” he said, “we had Yao Ming.”

Now the Rockets are left with T-Mac. As Yao said: This is his time.

bernardos70
02-27-2008, 12:21 AM
El doublo posto.

LonghornDub
02-27-2008, 01:17 AM
you do realize the rockets have the 8th best record in the league right now, right?

You do realize that my statement was predicated upon the loss of Yao?

Lets try again. Without Yao, the Rockets do not have the talent to hang with the top 10 teams in the NBA. Thus, their current record or placement is irrelevant. They've had Yao all year.

antoinewalker
02-27-2008, 02:47 AM
You do realize that my statement was predicated upon the loss of Yao?

Lets try again. Without Yao, the Rockets do not have the talent to hang with the top 10 teams in the NBA. Thus, their current record or placement is irrelevant. They've had Yao all year.
in that case, i stand corrected. my apologies for misunderstanding your original post.

MavsX
02-27-2008, 07:41 AM
this thread is so boring. i'm going to the jason kidd changed my life thread...meet me there!

LSMF
02-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm guessing Yao's injury will stop them, poor rockets fans as much as they hate us I actually sympathize for their team.

tmac1yao11
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm guessing Yao's injury will stop them, poor rockets fans as much as they hate us I actually sympathize for their team.

Still going and going and going.... It just might have to be the Mavs who will stop them.

fluid.forty.one
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm very impressed with the win today. Denver is good and they have a lot to play for. I still don't think T-Mac can get out of the first round though.

LonghornDub
03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Still going and going and going.... It just might have to be the Mavs who will stop them.

Looks like that will end up being the case. Good for the Rockets, though. I definitely didn't think they'd win tonight.

Dirkadirkastan
03-03-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm thrilled that Mavs will be the team to put an end to this over-achievement.

RonMexico
03-03-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm thrilled that the Mavs are on the ass-end of our run. =)

mqywaaah
03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm thrilled that this guy on top^^ is an a**hole :rolleyes:

horse900703
03-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Rockets won again!! thats 15 games!!

MavsX
03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Rockets won again!! thats 15 games!!

what is wrong with you? The rockets are the enemy. If you are rooting for them, that means you are the enemy!

You are now my enemy.

fluid.forty.one
03-03-2008, 12:23 PM
horse900703 vs mavsx. battle of intellectual juggernauts.

antoinewalker
03-03-2008, 12:41 PM
the rockets' winning streak will mean nothing without a 2nd round playoff appearance.

GuerillaBlack
03-03-2008, 04:13 PM
It sure won't. Just like last year how the 67-win season meant nothing with a first round exit.

The Rockets need to at least get into the second round for this streak to mean something.

blathersby
03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
It sure won't. Just like last year how the 67-win season meant nothing with a first round exit.

The Rockets need to at least get into the second round for this streak to mean something.

I love you. Another CFer?

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I love you. Another CFer?
Yeah, I am from Clutchfans. Same name.

blathersby
03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
lol, thought so

Dirkadirkastan
03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
horse900703 vs mavsx. battle of intellectual juggernauts.

I thought about requesting a sig picture to this effect, you know, as a conglomeration of their sigs or something, but then I realized I'm quite happy with my current picture.

AstroRocket
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Dude, you seem a little too fond of enemy territory. ;)

LonghornDub
03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Well apparently the answer to this question is now, "the Mavs."

antoinewalker
03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Well apparently the answer to this question is now, "the Mavs."
true.

Robillion
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Im sorry, I havent read any of this thread so excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but look at the teams Houston as played in their 16 game winning streak.

vs Golden State W 111-107
@ Indiana W 106-103
@ Milwaukee W 91-83
@ Minnesota W 92-86
vs Cleveland W 92-77
vs Atlanta W 108-89
vs Portland W 95-83
vs Sacramento W 89-87
@ Cleveland W 93-85
vs Miami W 112-100
@ New Orleans W 100-80
vs Chicago W 110-97 *
vs Washington W 94-69 *
vs Memphis W 116-95 *
vs Indiana W 117-99 *
*without Yao

Looking at the teams they played... Houston was suppose to win most of those. Their confidence being up/them being hot helped close out the semi-tuff teams(and the Hornets surprisingly), but overall their 16 game winning streak is not as impressive when you break it down.

Now, let's look at their upcoming games and see how well the Rockettes will do in those, eh..
@ Dallas
vs New Orleans
vs New Jersey
@ Atlanta
vs Charlotte
vs LA Lakers
vs Boston
@ New Orleans
@ Golden State
@ Phoenix
vs Sacramento
vs Minnesota
@ San Antonio
@ Sacramento
@ Portland
@ Seattle
@ LA Clippers
vs Seattle
vs Phoenix
@ Denver
@ Utah
vs LA Clippers
Bold = my predicted wins

I predict Houston goes 9 and 14 the rest of the season .. or worse.

GuerillaBlack
03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
The best teams The Rockets have beat during their 20 wins out of 21 games:

Spurs by 2
Blazers by 10
Warriors by 4
Cavs by 15
Blazers by 12
Cavs by 8
Hornets by 20
Nuggets by 14

kingmalaki
03-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Im sorry, I havent read any of this thread so excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but look at the teams Houston as played in their 16 game winning streak.

vs Golden State W 111-107
@ Indiana W 106-103
@ Milwaukee W 91-83
@ Minnesota W 92-86
vs Cleveland W 92-77
vs Atlanta W 108-89
vs Portland W 95-83
vs Sacramento W 89-87
@ Cleveland W 93-85
vs Miami W 112-100
@ New Orleans W 100-80
vs Chicago W 110-97 *
vs Washington W 94-69 *
vs Memphis W 116-95 *
vs Indiana W 117-99 *
*without Yao

Looking at the teams they played... Houston was suppose to win most of those. Their confidence being up/them being hot helped close out the semi-tuff teams(and the Hornets surprisingly), but overall their 16 game winning streak is not as impressive when you break it down.

Now, let's look at their upcoming games and see how well the Rockettes will do in those, eh..
@ Dallas
vs New Orleans
vs New Jersey
@ Atlanta
vs Charlotte
vs LA Lakers
vs Boston
@ New Orleans
@ Golden State
@ Phoenix
vs Sacramento
vs Minnesota
@ San Antonio
@ Sacramento
@ Portland
@ Seattle
@ LA Clippers
vs Seattle
vs Phoenix
@ Denver
@ Utah
vs LA Clippers
Bold = my predicted wins

I predict Houston goes 9 and 14 the rest of the season .. or worse.

Dude, while I agree that we haven't been beating a ton of good teams...you can never say that you are supposed to win 17 straight games. It rarely happens....

I don't think we are an elite basketball team without Yao but winning 17 straight games is impressive any way you look at it....

antoinewalker
03-07-2008, 01:29 AM
do the rockets ever lose?

mqywaaah
03-07-2008, 05:33 AM
Yeah they will eventually... book it Tmacs gonna be injured and all their hopes and dreams will go down the flusher. Haha

LonghornDub
03-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Rockets have impressed me. The Mavs didn't play well last night but a 17-game win streak that's still going without Yao is very impressive.

I doubt they make much noise in the playoffs, but still, this is a far cry from where they were at earlier in the season.

MavsX
03-07-2008, 01:03 PM

aww isn't that nice. Well i'm glad we could make a love connection.

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

The Rockets are not a threat!

vmac
03-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I still don't think Rockets will win a playoff series this year so it doesn't matter how well they do right now. And I do believe Mavs had a 17 or 18 game win streak last year, so it does happen and that's a dumb argument on your part.

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I still don't think Rockets will win a playoff series this year so it doesn't matter how well they do right now. And I do believe Mavs had a 17 or 18 game win streak last year, so it does happen and that's a dumb argument on your part.
The Mavs had a 17 win streak last year. The Suns did, too, and they made it past the first round. I'm not understanding the last part of your post though (the bold part).

vmac
03-07-2008, 07:32 PM
The Mavs had a 17 win streak last year. The Suns did, too, and they made it past the first round. I'm not understanding the last part of your post though (the bold part).

I didn't feel like quoting so put the understood, general "you" instead referring to the following post

Dude, while I agree that we haven't been beating a ton of good teams...you can never say that you are supposed to win 17 straight games. It rarely happens....

kingmalaki
03-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I didn't feel like quoting so put the understood, general "you" instead referring to the following post

I would say something rarely happens if it has only occured 7 times in league history. Stop being a hater....

I don't think anyone here (even the biggest Rocket supporters) are predicting us to make any noise this postseason. We are just saying winning 17 in a row is impressive any way you look at it.....

blathersby
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
The Mavs had a 17 win streak last year.
But they didn't have an 18-game win streak. :D :D :D

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Awesome win by the Rockets tonight against New Orleans. T-Mac goes off with 41 points.

twistaeffect2004
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
edit... wrong thread

buiyahkah
03-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Awesome win by the Rockets tonight against New Orleans. T-Mac goes off with 41 points.
HELL YEAH!! love how everyone here was proclaiming that the streak would end in dallas :D here's to #19 on monday!

GuerillaBlack
03-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Mariotti on Around the Horn needs to do some homework. He said the Rockets only beat seven teams above .500 in their 17 game winning streak (this was before last night's game). He failed to acknowledge that the Spurs only beat two teams above .500 in their streak and the Lakers didn't beat anyone above .500 in their's (though I think they played Orlando).

buiyahkah
03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Mariotti on Around the Horn needs to do some homework. He said the Rockets only beat seven teams above .500 in their 17 game winning streak (this was before last night's game). He failed to acknowledge that the Spurs only beat two teams above .500 in their streak and the Lakers didn't beat anyone above .500 in their's (though I think they played Orlando).
A LOT of the so called "experts" need to do their homework...on friday night, Jon Bary asked Stephen A. to show him a "quality win" out of the 17 that we had already won...he didn't seem to remember the beatdown we gave NO on THEIR home floor during that stretch as well as other wins over some solid teams. I'm ok with all the hating by all the analysts now...it will be that much sweeter when they all have to eat crow down the road. Did you see the Barkley sign at the game last night? hahah

Dtownsfinest
03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Everyone said the Rockets would be finished when Yao went down. I tried to tell you guys they'd still make the playoffs. I'll never count a team out with as many athletes as the Rockets have. Not sure if they even win a playoff game but they'll definately have the chance.

fluid.forty.one
03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Houston fans keep saying that they're going to make the 2nd round without yao... yet they also say that yao = dirk in importance.

Does not compute.

DOMINATOR
03-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Houston fans keep saying that they're going to make the 2nd round without yao... yet they also say that yao = dirk in importance.

Does not compute.
umm maybe because the rockets are deeper than the mavs. looks to be true because the rockets beat the mavs. neither star played.

LonghornDub
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
umm maybe because the rockets are deeper than the mavs. looks to be true because the rockets beat the mavs. neither star played.

Man, this is the problem with huge winning streaks. Fans start talking crazy (just like us last year).

fluid.forty.one
03-09-2008, 08:22 PM

or Dirk is just more valuable than Yao.

DOMINATOR
03-09-2008, 10:35 PM
i was just throwing it out there... dirk is probably more valuable to the mavs. just cuz tmac > howard.

GuerillaBlack
03-09-2008, 10:35 PM
^^True.

Man, this is the problem with huge winning streaks. Fans start talking crazy (just like us last year).
What?! This has been known since the beginning of the season when the Rockets made all of their acquisitions.

kingmalaki
03-10-2008, 08:10 PM

Does not compute.

Importance as a player, as in is Yao just as good as Dirk....then I would say yes. Importance to the teams in place based on who the backups are, then I would say no, at least as long as guys keep stepping up. We have Mutombo to play some spot minutes and still have another superstar in T-Mac. You guys don't have another star as good as McGrady but I would say all of your players from 3 (third best) on down are clearly better.

You also have to remember that during this streak we are getting non-typical production from certain players. How long can Alston keep hitting 45% of his shots (career 38% shooter)? How long will Mutombo keep using Clemens HGH? How long before the rookie PF's (Scola/Landry) hit the rookie wall...or at least start playing like rookies? We are only playing well because those guys are playing over their heads. I don't see anyone picking any of those dudes over Kidd, Howard, Stackhouse, etc.

buiyahkah
03-10-2008, 10:51 PM

Does not compute.
we're thinking we have a very good chance to make it to the 2nd round without yao because of the way this team is clicking and the way we're playing D...we're not discounting the importance of yao in any way

LonghornDub
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
^^True.

What?! This has been known since the beginning of the season when the Rockets made all of their acquisitions.

No, the Rockets are not as deep as the Mavs. Right now, they're sure as hell playing better ball, but they are not as deep. In fact, without Yao, the Rockets are a fairly shallow team, especially after trading away 2 bench players for 1.

kingmalaki
03-11-2008, 12:01 AM
No, the Rockets are not as deep as the Mavs. Right now, they're sure as hell playing better ball, but they are not as deep. In fact, without Yao, the Rockets are a fairly shallow team, especially after trading away 2 bench players for 1.

Yep....very much true. And once Alston starts playing like his normal self we will be in big trouble...

Underdog
03-11-2008, 12:10 AM
The Rockets could go undefeated for the rest of the season and STILL go 0-4 in the first round...

I'll believe otherwise when I see it!

vmac
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
The Rockets could go undefeated for the rest of the season and STILL go 0-4 in the first round...

The Rockets could go undefeated for the rest of the season and still come up 5 games short of the Mavericks win-loss record from last year. I fail to see how winning x number of games in a row is more impressive than having a better overall record

Underdog
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
The Rockets could go undefeated for the rest of the season and still come up 5 games short of the Mavericks win-loss record from last year. I fail to see how winning x number of games in a row is more impressive than having a better overall record

That's because you're making a correlation that doesn't exist...

I didn't say a thing about the Rockets' overall record - I was commenting on their ability to get out of the first round (and nothing they do in the regular season is going to sway my opinion about that...)

horse900703
03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Can they win 20 games????

Dirkadirkastan
03-12-2008, 01:03 PM

No no, Underdog, they always build a series lead first.

Tokey41
03-12-2008, 04:07 PM
The good news is Tmac probably won't get injured because all is well in Rockets land, he only gets injured when his team is struggling. It's a scientific fact.

horse900703
03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
The good news is Tmac probably won't get injured because all is well in Rockets land, he only gets injured when his team is struggling. It's a scientific fact.
HAHA, I HOPE SO..................

DOMINATOR
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
rockets playing like dog shit. streak is over tonight

horse900703
03-12-2008, 08:12 PM
rockets playing like dog shit. streak is over tonight
THE GAME IS NOT OVER YET~~

antoinewalker
03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
wow, the rockets pulled it out.

DOMINATOR
03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
THE GAME IS NOT OVER YET~~
im glad the rockets proved me wrong. :)
rockets really look slow and complacent without Carl Landry to provide that huge spark off the bench. hope he is back before the lakers, if not bobcats.

GuerillaBlack
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Can they win 20 games????
Yes they can! :D Ugly win by the Rockets against the Hawks though.

horse900703
03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes they can! :D Ugly win by the Rockets against the Hawks though.
HAHA, IT DOESNT MATTER~~

GuerillaBlack
03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
They had my worried for a while today but they came through, relieved about TMac stepping it up in the 2nd half.

Landry better be back for the Lakers, although we needed him more against the size/strength/athleticism of the Hawks than again Kobe and Gasol. The Lakers game we will be won and lost by how Battier goes on Kobe.

Anyway lets forget the Lakers for now and destroy the Bobcats.

RonMexico
03-12-2008, 11:03 PM
One thing about this streak is that it could be all that we have to remember this season by. The other thing is that even if we do nothing after this streak we accomplish the same thing this year as the Mavs franchise has done since its misconception.

AstroRocket
03-13-2008, 12:24 AM
One thing about this streak is that it could be all that we have to remember this season by. The other thing is that even if we do nothing after this streak we accomplish the same thing this year as the Mavs franchise has done since its misconception.

I'll never understand why some of you guys go to other people's boards to say like this. You're totally going to ruin the streak karma.

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Last I checked Craig Biggio isn't a mav there chief.

ty
03-14-2008, 04:29 PM

Well, that was a stupid thing to say...

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah I have my moments.

GuerillaBlack
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Rockets win 21 straight! Second longest streak in NBA history. Tracy McGrady demanded being in the ENTIRE game again. I didn't think he needed to, but he needs his rest tonight and all day tomorrow as the Lakers come in on Sunday on ABC.

AstroRocket
03-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Rockets win 21 straight! Second longest streak in NBA history. Tracy McGrady demanded being in the ENTIRE game again. I didn't think he needed to, but he needs his rest tonight and all day tomorrow as the Lakers come in on Sunday on ABC.

Next we have the Lakers, Celtics, and Hornets.

Tonight, Pau Gasol, Ray Allen, and David West all got injured.

This is crazy.

mqywaaah
03-15-2008, 01:21 AM
And not to mention GS and Pho after the Hornets. I'd be damned if none of those teams snap your ridiculous streak.

horse900703
03-15-2008, 07:56 AM
DAMN 21 GAMES~~~

haywoodjay
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
21 games is just absurd.

Caseman
03-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Rockets catch another break. Gasol got injured the last game. It's ridiculous how lucky they are getting when they face legit teams. This is probably the only time this year I will cheer for the Lakers. It's like the Superbowl all over again. . .

dabien1
03-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Rockets catch another break. Gasol got injured the last game. It's ridiculous how lucky they are getting when they face legit teams. This is probably the only time this year I will cheer for the Lakers. It's like the Superbowl all over again. . .

You're right Rockets are "lucky". Thank God we lost Yao and then Landry now for who knows how long.

Get over it. The Rockets have played hard as a TEAM amidst the adversity. Give credit where it's due and stop trying to downplay another team's success. Unbelievable.

AxdemxO
03-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Mann many people around here are not too good with facing reality and giving credit where its due. But the Rockets are playing amazing and T Mac is holding it together. If they finish on top of the Wes..T Mac is the MVP..IMO

Caseman
03-15-2008, 05:02 PM
You're right Rockets are "lucky". Thank God we lost Yao and then Landry now for who knows how long.

Get over it. The Rockets have played hard as a TEAM amidst the adversity. Give credit where it's due and stop trying to downplay another team's success. Unbelievable.
I'm not downplaying their success. I'm just saying playing a Dallas team without Dirk, playing a Lakers team without Gasol, is lucky. The only team they've upsided since Yao's injury is New Orleans. I'll credit the team for the run they are on, even without Yao, but until they play a top 3 team, I don't believe they could take it all the way. Emotions and inspiration can only take you so far until you fizzle out. The streak is ending next week, either by the Lakers, Utah, Golden State, Spurs, etc.

dabien1
03-15-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not downplaying their success. I'm just saying playing a Dallas team without Dirk, playing a Lakers team without Gasol, is lucky. The only team they've upsided since Yao's injury is New Orleans. I'll credit the team for the run they are on, even without Yao, but until they play a top 3 team, I don't believe they could take it all the way. Emotions and inspiration can only take you so far until you fizzle out. The streak is ending next week, either by the Lakers, Utah, Golden State, Spurs, etc.

I guess all the teams that have met the Rockets after Yao went out are considered lucky as well (including the Mavs, Hornets) correct?

Also, this team obviously is not at full strength and if Yao hadn't had gone down and they still won like this, they would be contenders for the title this year.

GuerillaBlack
03-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Yet, the Rockets have played nine games without their only All-Star this year, Yao Ming, and have won all nine games. Give me a break. It isn't Houston's fault that the Mavericks turn to crap if Dirk is not there (and this was true if you just watched the game). You still had Jason Kidd and Josh Howard there.

V2M
03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Let's give credit where it's due.

This is an incredible streak of outstanding play for any team in any sport of any era... regardless of injuries or whoever their competition was!!

Caseman
03-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I guess all the teams that have met the Rockets after Yao went out are considered lucky as well (including the Mavs, Hornets) correct?

Also, this team obviously is not at full strength and if Yao hadn't had gone down and they still won like this, they would be contenders for the title this year.
Yet, the Rockets have played nine games without their only All-Star this year, Yao Ming, and have won all nine games. Give me a break. It isn't Houston's fault that the Mavericks turn to crap if Dirk is not there (and this was true if you just watched the game). You still had Jason Kidd and Josh Howard there.

The difference is, the Mavericks only lost Dirk for that ONE game, Yao is out for the season. I know it's unforturnate that the Rockets lost Yao, but I don't see him on the team this year. He's injured, he's gone. There is no Yao anymore. Dirk was suspended for ONE game, the VS. Rockets game - lucky. Gasol gets injured the day before the VS. Rockets - lucky. If the Rockets had Yao, one of the most dominant center in the league, I would put them the best in the West. But considering they don't anymore and will not for the rest of the season, I cannot judge them on anything other than that one New Orleans victory (which was great, considering it was the second game on a back to back). 21 is a great streak, but are they the best team out there? - no, I don't think so. Quite frankly, I'm a bit worried that Houston got hot too early and are going to be exhausted in the playoffs...

And concerning that Mavericks game, that was a gimme. Dirk was gone, Howard was in a slump, and Kidd isn't exactly going to put up 25-30 points. You can take it as a monumental win for the Rockets, but it was really a flop for the Mavericks.

Caseman
03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Let's give credit where it's due.

This is an incredible streak of outstanding play for any team in any sport of any era... regardless of injuries or whoever their competition was!!
I'll start calling it incredible if the streak is still alive a week from now.

dabien1
03-15-2008, 07:11 PM
The difference is, the Mavericks only lost Dirk for that ONE game, Yao is out for the season. I know it's unforturnate that the Rockets lost Yao, but I don't see him on the team this year. He's injured, he's gone. There is no Yao anymore. Dirk was suspended for ONE game, the VS. Rockets game - lucky. Gasol gets injured the day before the VS. Rockets - lucky. If the Rockets had Yao, one of the most dominant center in the league, I would put them the best in the West. But considering they don't anymore and will not for the rest of the season, I cannot judge them on anything other than that one New Orleans victory (which was great, considering it was the second game on a back to back). 21 is a great streak, but are they the best team out there? - no, I don't think so. Quite frankly, I'm a bit worried that Houston got hot too early and are going to be exhausted in the playoffs...

And concerning that Mavericks game, that was a gimme. Dirk was gone, Howard was in a slump, and Kidd isn't exactly going to put up 25-30 points. You can take it as a monumental win for the Rockets, but it was really a flop for the Mavericks.

With or without Dirk, I don't think it would have made a difference that game. If Rockets met the Mavs in the playoffs, even without Yao, I wouldnt count them out. Rockets will be a tough matchup against any team even without Yao.

Caseman
03-15-2008, 07:43 PM
With or without Dirk, I don't think it would have made a difference that game. If Rockets met the Mavs in the playoffs, even without Yao, I wouldnt count them out. Rockets will be a tough matchup against any team even without Yao.
With Dirk, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been a blowout. Don't get me wrong. I think the Rockets are a great team, and are obviously deep in depth. I'm just saying they've kept their streak together with skill and a bit of luck on certain games. I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs.

antoinewalker
03-16-2008, 05:21 PM
wow, tracy mcgrady only scored 11 points and the rockets still beat the lakers by 12? that's pretty impressive.

Caseman
03-16-2008, 05:25 PM
wow, tracy mcgrady only scored 11 points and the rockets still beat the lakers by 12? that's pretty impressive.
Lakers didn't have Bynum OR Gasol, and Kobe shot 11-33. Granted, Rockets showed some great defense, but Lakers didn't have their guns and their main guy was off his game. If Rockets beat the Celtics, I will begin to believe (unless Garnett gets injured :rolleyes:)

buiyahkah
03-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Lakers didn't have Bynum OR Gasol, and Kobe shot 11-33. Granted, Rockets showed some great defense, but Lakers didn't have their guns and their main guy was off his game. If Rockets beat the Celtics, I will begin to believe (unless Garnett gets injured :rolleyes:)
Oh so you credit Kobe's poor performance due to having an "off game"? Are you freakin kidding me?? Battier was ALL OVER Kobe the whole game. If he does not make 1st All Defensive team...it will be a total sham.